View Full Version : Legion Round 6: TITANS vs RAIDERS

DIEHARD
07-04-09, 12:43 AM
TITANS vs RAIDERS

Friday April 17th 2009 - Skilled Park

Legion Tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au

DIEHARD
07-04-09, 12:44 AM
Legion tickets ae up for sale on Ticketek, so get into it and buy them up.

We had a great time with our 14 players on the field chant last time, so let's try and work out some great ones to send the Raiders way.

DIEHARD
09-04-09, 11:48 AM
Oi wake up knuckleheads! :laugh: This game is only next week!

I'm bringing back the giant letters baby! I'm bringing them back!

/endgeorgeimpersonation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titans-giantletters.jpg

Steve
09-04-09, 12:10 PM
Well don't we look excited!
None more than Boof. :D

DIEHARD
09-04-09, 12:12 PM
Well don't we look excited!
None more than Boof. :D

LOL Boof is a classic! :laugh:

Check out Davey going mad, firing the fans up! Love it.

daveyk
09-04-09, 06:00 PM
LOL Boof is a classic! :laugh:

Check out Davey going mad, firing the fans up! Love it.

was just lookin at the pic and said the same thing then read ur post...

where is that pic from anyways???

Paul
09-04-09, 06:59 PM
Brad,I've been collecting about 20-30 of these "cards" at work if you want them to use for other words

DIEHARD
09-04-09, 08:13 PM
Brad,I've been collecting about 20-30 of these "cards" at work if you want them to use for other words

Yea that would be great, thanks!

where is that pic from anyways???

Against Warriors 08 I'm pretty sure.

Boofhead
09-04-09, 08:15 PM
Oh God... Haha. :laugh:

DIEHARD
13-04-09, 03:39 PM
Just a few more days until the match! Get those Legion tickets @ http://www.ticketek.com.au

dee13
13-04-09, 04:21 PM
Oi wake up knuckleheads! :laugh: This game is only next week!

I'm bringing back the giant letters baby! I'm bringing them back!

/endgeorgeimpersonation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titans-giantletters.jpg

Loving the signed shirt Stevo. I hear the guy inside the Blade suit will sign anything. HAHAHA

DIEHARD
16-04-09, 05:46 PM
(To the tune of Coming Around the Mountain)

"Nobody wants to play for Canberra, IT'S A DUMP!
Nobody wants to play for Canbera, IT'S A DUMP!
Nobody wants to play for Canberra, Nobody wants to play for Canberra.
Nobody wants to play for Canberra, IT'S A DUMP!!"

Dragons
16-04-09, 07:05 PM
(To the tune of Coming Around the Mountain)

"Nobody wants to play for Canberra, IT'S A DUMP!
Nobody wants to play for Canbera, IT'S A DUMP!
Nobody wants to play for Canberra, Nobody wants to play for Canberra.
Nobody wants to play for Canberra, IT'S A DUMP!!"

DIEHARD I like your jingle, but to tell you the truth Canberra is not a DUMP It's not a bad town I would go with the words COLD HOLE :D

DIEHARD
16-04-09, 07:10 PM
Never let alledged facts get in the way of a great g up.

I need to remember to pack my giant letters, actually I need to find them.

A banner for Delany and Friend's 50th Titans game would be great too.

Paul
18-04-09, 01:14 AM
http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/04/17/238601.jpg

dee13
18-04-09, 08:17 AM
I witnessed an amazingly special moment last night for the Legion.

The Toyota Cup boys walking in a line-up along the fence and thanking everybody was awesome to see last night. For them to go out of their way and do that shows everyone that, The Legion is obviously very well recieved and respected by all of the Titans players and staff.

Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it DeeGan.

Paul
18-04-09, 08:21 AM
They've done it all three home games this year Dee. It's been fantastic for us in sec 30

dee13
18-04-09, 08:41 AM
They've done it all three home games this year Dee. It's been fantastic for us in sec 30

I haven't actually seen it before because Im usually in the changerooms getting out Blade and helping Turbo suit up.

Like I said before. The Legions support is greatly appreciated and respected by the whole club. Great work again last night Legion and Im sorry if I got in anyones way in the final stages of the game. There is not many places I can hide away out there.

titanstattman
18-04-09, 09:00 AM
I witnessed an amazingly special moment last night for the Legion.

The Toyota Cup boys walking in a line-up along the fence and thanking everybody was awesome to see last night. For them to go out of their way and do that shows everyone that, The Legion is obviously very well recieved and respected by all of the Titans players and staff.

Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it DeeGan.

I take it that is sum1 who didnt think the legion would take off??

mate ur never in the way.....

We had a mate there last night he is a AFL surporter but he walked away saying that is the best night at the foooty he has had ever and that is saying sumthing coming from him oh he will be back aswell iv got him hooked just in one game..........

Mel and I stil not sure wat went on with titans tv but im sure we will get told down the track hehehe

Coaster
18-04-09, 09:58 AM
Whats the deal with Deegan, did something happen behind the scenes that im not aware of?

goldcoastitans
18-04-09, 11:31 AM
i think the U20's play well together and i am loving watching them (when i make it to the games) and for the main game i wouldnt want to be watching the game anywhere else but in the legion section :)

DIEHARD
18-04-09, 01:31 PM
Last night was amazing, how awesome was it when Rogers scored that amazing try and the celebrations came over to The Legion! I've never seen Boofhead so happy!

It was a great night and I'm stoked to hear that Doug has converted an AFL fan. With a fantastic game such as rugby league combined with The Legion style of supporting, it really is showing rugby league off in the best possible way.

There isn't much to say about a certain former forum admin only that he resigned and that he has posted some disappointing comments about Section 30 publicly on another forum. But that is all I really want to say or read about the matter.

I was so happy to leave all my gear at Skilled Park, instead of lugging it to games every week. It really makes me motivated to get there early. :laugh:

I'm sitting here still glowing from Mat's try with a lost voice. It's pretty sad when you come home from the footy exhausted from supporting, imagine how the players feel!

GOATUS
18-04-09, 02:19 PM
motivates u to get there early:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Steve
18-04-09, 02:59 PM
motivates u to get there early:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I thought I misread when he said he was already at Helensvale and I was still on the train. ;)

Nathalie
18-04-09, 03:03 PM
Got to watch a little bit of the game before I went to bed - my god you guys were loud :laugh: you could hear you pretty much the whole time!! :thumbsup:

daveyk
18-04-09, 03:20 PM
dee... Blade is never in the way... and i dont believe that turbo or even the titanettes are in the way either....

and as for the those final minutes... it wouldn've been the same if you werent there.... we had the entire team, blade, turbo, titanettes & the Legion all celebrating together....

MAGIC MAGIC & MAGIC

GCT_07
18-04-09, 03:24 PM
DIEHARD
"I was so happy to leave all my gear at Skilled Park, instead of lugging it to games every week. It really makes me motivated to get there early."

Completely understand what Brads saying..... Your stoked its time to go but at the same time you look down at all the gear you take every game and think.... 'sh*t.... here we go again' (most of the time words a little stronger than that)........

The ride back last night was sooooooo much better having left it all at skilled..... after all, I still need to have 'L' plates on that pushbike instead of drums, flags, poles, banners and the rest of the stuff. :dizzy:

DIEHARD
18-04-09, 04:41 PM
Yea riding with all that gear would have been difficult to say the least!

The other half of the coin is, I usually lose most of my gear around the house before games as well. :lol:

Yea Blade you can never be in the way! In in the best of times!

I commented on Facebook how when this magic Rogers try happened, we had Blade, Turbo, the Titanettes, Legion and of course the Titans all in the same place!

daveyk
18-04-09, 05:06 PM
I commented on Facebook how when this magic Rogers try happened, we had Blade, Turbo, the Titanettes, Legion and of course the Titans all in the same place!

that u did... i brought those comments over here for you....

i didnt sleep too well last night after that finish...
was waking up all through the night with heart still pumping

dee13
18-04-09, 05:20 PM
Im just washing my clothes that I was wearing last night under the suit. They are saturated still from the sweat and PHEW!!!! How's the smell!!!:nope:

I hope Blade get a good dry clean this week. In readyness for a massive round 8

dean
18-04-09, 06:53 PM
Congrats goes out to the Legion for once again creating a Great atmosphere for the fans and players at Skilled. While the DJ, Paul Gale and the fireworks attempt to create the atmosphere, nothing at Skilled compares to the Legion when they are in full voice. The chants and drums, banging of the boards, the flags banners and colour all go together to create the only area of Skilled that is truly unique. I am 100% positive that the efforts put in by you guys will ensure the future growth of the Legion. The way in which the players celebrated Mattys try by sharing the celebrations with the Legion is testament to the fact that they appreciate the effort as well.

Paul
18-04-09, 07:05 PM
Cheers Dean,I can tell you most of us go home with completely no voice left. Where do you sit mate? is it far from us? You should come over and have a chat one day

titanstattman
18-04-09, 07:11 PM
Im just washing my clothes that I was wearing last night under the suit. They are saturated still from the sweat and PHEW!!!! How's the smell!!!:nope:

Thats it my big blue friend u better make that nice and blue....:fight:

titanstattman
18-04-09, 07:16 PM
Cheers Dean,I can tell you most of us go home with completely no voice left. Where do you sit mate? is it far from us? You should come over and have a chat one day

Yeah i 2nd that paul come say hi..

And thanks again for the kind words... I was one of them banging on the boards and the drum. Im the only guy who turns up in a singlet every titans game.....

dean
18-04-09, 07:41 PM

I sit in the Legion section about 10 rows back from you guys with my wife and daughter and sometimes we sit a bit further back. From there i get the best of both worlds by getting a great view plus the Legion atmosphere. I check out the forum every day and although i havn't met most of you i feel like i have known you for years. In the early days i had a couple of chats with Diehard, Steve, C Whiz and a few others but i will definately take up the offer and get to meet you guys at the Bunnies game.

GCT_91
18-04-09, 08:15 PM
even with the megaphone i had i still went home with no voice. gotta love the legion atmoshphere.

those last few minutes were incredible.

there werent very many chants lastnight but when there were they were loud. we need those signs back out the front of the legion. we just arent as good without them to bang on.

Paul
18-04-09, 08:50 PM
you and your brother cracked me up last night,especially when Adam did the stuff on the megaphone after the game and his voice was so gone hahahaha

GCT_89
18-04-09, 09:19 PM
and as a result i will be typing to everyone for a week now, coz i have no voice.....lol

it was amazing being in the LEGION last night.......

i started by sitting myself a good 3-4 rows back from the front section to try and help the others that dont sit right up the front with chants and everything....a big thankyou to those who did join in and have a yell.....came back down the front in the second half of the main game and im glad i did as there is not place i would have rather been......

i caught the train back to nerang to pick up a car with kerri and her friend.....and i still had the megaphone......

got a few chants going in the carriage i was in.....it was good fun.......lol

Paul
18-04-09, 09:24 PM
you were quality last night adam,props to you matey

DIEHARD
18-04-09, 09:34 PM
i caught the train back to nerang to pick up a car with kerri and her friend.....and i still had the megaphone......

got a few chants going in the carriage i was in.....it was good fun.......lol

Very nice! I reckon everyone would have got a thrill out of that!

Thanks to Dean for your great comments. It's a growing process for the old Legion and we appreciate everyone's comments and ideas. I remember talking to you back in 2007! You should definitely say G'day.

It's important to get vocal people in the seats back from the front rows. I'm glad you are there and think Adam showed alot of foresight in sitting up there for the first half. I'd certainly consider sitting back there. As Dean says, get a slice of he atmosphere and a better view.

dee13
19-04-09, 10:16 AM
Thats it my big blue friend u better make that nice and blue....:fight:

The big fella is off to the dry cleaners this week and is getting a new zip cos fat barstard(me) broke it trying to get in.

Paul
19-04-09, 10:29 AM
How hot is it inside the blade suit Dee? especially on daytime games.

dee13
19-04-09, 10:34 AM
How hot is it inside the blade suit Dee? especially on daytime games.

I have never had a thermometer in there, but I would guess 45 degrees +

You really need to drink lots before a game. I reckon I lose about 4-5kg in fluids per game.

Paul
19-04-09, 11:14 AM
wow,maybe I need to borrow your suit then mate haha

Dragons
19-04-09, 12:44 PM

Dee why don't ya just wear your Titans slugos then. Thats what I would do.

GCT_07
19-04-09, 02:59 PM
wow,maybe I need to borrow your suit then mate haha

4 to 5 kg each match... damn... you could rent that suit out.... I m after Paul:laugh:

DIEHARD
19-04-09, 04:26 PM
Might be a great basis for a new Titans weight loss business, or the football department can use it to help players lose weight.

Look after yourself Dee!

titanstattman
20-04-09, 09:04 AM
The big fella is off to the dry cleaners this week and is getting a new zip cos fat barstard(me) broke it trying to get in.

Glad to hear dude and wen u get a chance give me a call so we can sort that game out......

I sit in the Legion section about 10 rows back from you guys with my wife and daughter and sometimes we sit a bit further back. From there i get the best of both worlds by getting a great view plus the Legion atmosphere. I check out the forum every day and although i havn't met most of you i feel like i have known you for years. In the early days i had a couple of chats with Diehard, Steve, C Whiz and a few others but i will definately take up the offer and get to meet you guys at the Bunnies game.

The bunnies game is a pretty big game for the legion hope u get down to say hi to every1....."oh shame i wont be there" :surprise: :surprise:

titanstattman
20-04-09, 09:19 AM
For the 1st time in sec 30 i got told to sit down in front.................

GCT_07
20-04-09, 10:28 AM
We had that last time we were there (we were sitting at the other end to where we normally do)........... She got a 'no chance in hell' look off me and then complained to her friend.... apparently we are rude and inconsiderate..... hmmmmm how many other seats are there in the stadium......27 odd thousand...... WELL MOVE HUNNY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!:fight:

titanstattman
20-04-09, 10:33 AM
We had that last time we were there (we were sitting at the other end to where we normally do)........... She got a 'no chance in hell' look off me and then complained to her friend.... apparently we are rude and inconsiderate..... hmmmmm how many other seats are there in the stadium......27 odd thousand...... WELL MOVE HUNNY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!:fight:

The thig that got me is they know wat we do each home game as in stand and ect so why would u sit right behide us????? Than wen said stand up the chick call me a few words asshole and ect............

GCT_07
20-04-09, 10:35 AM
The thig that got me is they know wat we do each home game as in stand and ect so why would u sit right behide us????? Than wen said stand up the chick call me a few words asshole and ect............

I m sure you know my answer to that son....... wont type it in there.... poor Brad would just have to edit it out..... ;)

daveyk
20-04-09, 07:56 PM
who was that dougie???

we had a group of people sitting in the 3rd row... but they ended up going further up the back

titanstattman
21-04-09, 09:15 AM
who was that dougie???

we had a group of people sitting in the 3rd row... but they ended up going further up the back

Farther xmas and one of the chicks

DIEHARD
21-04-09, 10:33 AM
Have to agree, it was weird because they should know what we do. Sitting smack bang in the middle. I even got told to sit down. :ugh: Also there is plenty of room to the sides for people who want to sit down, they weren't very flexible, I just relented cause it was santa and they were wearing Titans gear.

titanstattman
21-04-09, 11:20 AM
Have to agree, it was weird because they should know what we do. Sitting smack bang in the middle. I even got told to sit down. :ugh: Also there is plenty of room to the sides for people who want to sit down, they weren't very flexible, I just relented cause it was santa and they were wearing Titans gear.

Did u get told by the same person?????? well if they come on here we wont be sitting down......

GCT_07
21-04-09, 11:54 AM
Sit down..... Sit Down..... WTF...... This is the Legion..... There are 27 odd thousand seats to choose from.... those 4 rows stand..... sit anywhere else but those 4 rows stand.

If people come to that section to be a part of the atmosphere how the hell can they want to be apart of it but yet try and change it or stop it at the same time. Next thing you know they will ask us to stop using the drums or our face/body paint offends them or please dont wave the flags... they cant see when we wave the flags................

(insert swear words in here.....lots of them..... save Brad editing)

For goodness sake..... (there you go thats politer) By Golly By Gosh......

Sorry cant do it

Get the **** out of here.... we are the Legion and we stand! :fight:

TITAN PETE
21-04-09, 12:19 PM
Did u get told by the same person?????? well if they come on here we wont be sitting down......

I bet u are sitting down now :laugh:

titanstattman
21-04-09, 12:27 PM

Nah sorry dude but i bet u wont be leaving ur seats in rd 8..........

GCT_07
21-04-09, 12:30 PM

Noooooo ........ I stand in front of my desk.... I stand when I watch TV and I even stand when I m sleeping..... its called... DEDICATION.......LMAO ;)

dee13
21-04-09, 03:46 PM
Dee why don't ya just wear your Titans slugos then. Thats what I would do.

I no longer look good in sluggos.... Actually I don't know if I ever looked good in them. When I was lifesaving at Surfers, the women never seemed to be to upset that I was wearing them.:eyebrows:

dee13
21-04-09, 03:48 PM
For the 1st time in sec 30 i got told to sit down in front.................

They were probably talking to me Dougie.:thumbsup:

Steve
21-04-09, 04:22 PM
Those people normally sit front row down the end, but with the influx of new members, those seats were taken when they got there.

They also didn't want to stand because if they did the small kids in the row behind them wouldn't have been able to see.

I agree though, most everyone in that section is on their feet the whole game, and they weren't new to the section either, so they know it.

GCT_89
21-04-09, 06:48 PM
i actually felt really weird 'sitting' further up for the under 20s and the main first half.....

everyone knows we stand and if they dont like it common sense will see them in different seats come next home game.....

Paul
21-04-09, 07:14 PM
Doesn't the santa claus guy usually come alone,I saw him and 4 teenage girls walking back to the trains just literally in front of me,Is this the group we are referring too? They all seemed quite happy and were joking around as they walked from the ground to the station

I wouldn't know what to say if someone told me to sit down in the front row of the section 30 where I stand. I remember the doggies game a whole bunch of people sat in row 3 behind us during the U/20's but had moved before 1st grade because they wanted to sit.They didnt say anything to us though.

Steve
21-04-09, 07:17 PM
Doesn't the santa claus guy usually come alone,I saw him and 4 teenage girls walking back to the trains just literally in front of me,Is this the group we are referring too? They all seemed quite happy and were joking around as they walked from the ground to the station

I wouldn't know what to say if someone told me to sit down in the front row of the section 30 where I stand. I remember the doggies game a whole bunch of people sat in row 3 behind us during the U/20's but had moved before 1st grade because they wanted to sit.They didnt say anything to us though.

Yeah, that's them. He normally has a couple people with him, but I think his daughter/granddaughter brought some friends. Plus they missed out on their usual spot so were in the second row. They're happy enough front row with no one in front of them.