PDA

View Full Version : DATE CLAIMER: Southern Legion Rnd 7: Panthers v Titans in Penrith

BringBackWillie
02-04-09, 08:57 PM
Unfortunately, we've scored a Monday night game down here for Round 7 so I'm getting in early to hopefully get a few Titans supporters together for this game to cheer on the boys!

Details are as follows:

Date: Monday, 27 April 2009
Kickoff: 7pm
Venue: CUA Stadium, Penrith
Tix: the Southern Legion will be getting General Admin tix and assembling at the Northern end of the stadium. Come and join us! Tix can be purchased on the night, thru PROticket or by calling the Panthers on 1800 061 991

patskE
02-04-09, 09:37 PM
yeh me n my mate will prob be there aye champ. just depends wat time i finish work aye

DIEHARD
02-04-09, 09:44 PM
Shame about the Monday night especially because Stevo and Paul were looking at heading down.

I can't promise anything, being a Monday.

Hopefully we get a good Titans crowd out there! We'd be looking pretty hot for a good win!

Steve
02-04-09, 09:47 PM
They need to scrap monday night footy. Might be good for tv, but it's a ***** to get to!

DIEHARD
02-04-09, 10:13 PM
They need to scrap monday night footy. Might be good for tv, but it's a ***** to get to!

I think Monday night is good for the game, but definitely not for the crowds and fans though.

It's good for our game television and as a result revenue wise.

We can also own Monday night and the Tuesday papers exclusively

Deadset AFL will likely copy us in their next TV contract and bring in Monday night football.

It's a big drag, but on the whole, good for the game IMO.

BringBackWillie
02-04-09, 10:25 PM
Shame about the Monday night especially because Stevo and Paul were looking at heading down.

I can't promise anything, being a Monday.

Hopefully we get a good Titans crowd out there! We'd be looking pretty hot for a good win!

Grrrrr.... you boys can't join us? :helpme:

Steve
02-04-09, 11:12 PM
I think Monday night is good for the game, but definitely not for the crowds and fans though.

It's good for our game television and as a result revenue wise.

We can also own Monday night and the Tuesday papers exclusively

Deadset AFL will likely copy us in their next TV contract and bring in Monday night football.

It's a big drag, but on the whole, good for the game IMO.

As discussed elsewhere, good for TV isn't necessarily good for the game when you want people actually attending matches.

And sorry Sylv, I can barely make home games on a monday night. If the schedule had been released a lot earlier maybe could have organised something, but I have bugger all holidays left at work right now.

DIEHARD
03-04-09, 12:12 AM
Grrrrr.... you boys can't join us? :helpme:

Well if you are going, I'll try n go.

I have uni on Mondays but I think I can arrange skipping it. Luckily I have no real assessment that day.

I'll check flights and see if I can get an early flight back Tuesday.

If Im really serious about expanding the Southern Legion, I have to get serious and lead from the front with Syl.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
06-04-09, 07:05 PM
im still thinking if i should go, when i went to the st george game there were only 4 people and we were hardly heard

DIEHARD
06-04-09, 08:11 PM
im still thinking if i should go, when i went to the st george game there were only 4 people and we were hardly heard

Well I think that is even more reason to go. If everyone thinks that way, we will never have heaps of Titans fans at away games. It takes those people to lead the way.

BringBackWillie
19-04-09, 11:04 PM
Well - I'm hoping we can get a few coming along to this game. It's bad enough being scheduled on a Monday night, but worse with a 7pm kickoff :fight:

Remember - for anyone in Sydney who is intending to come to the game, we are going to grab GA tix and get a spot in the Northern side of the grass hill.

I don't think I will be able to make it until kick-off time, but look out for those in the Titans jerseys who will be minding us a spot!

craigyd
20-04-09, 10:14 AM
i know im definitely the minority,but i love Monday night footy,for some reason it makes my weekend feel like 4 days being able to go home after work and look forward to footy,i do realise crowds are not as strong on Monday night games but it still has many viewerds Aus wide watching Fox and as mentioned earlier the game is strongly reported in the paper from Fri to Tuesday and all publicity is good publicity,and another thing,with the Gold Coast having so many hospitality workers for some of those a Mon night game will be the only game they can go to all year.

titanstattman
20-04-09, 10:17 AM
Well - I'm hoping we can get a few coming along to this game. It's bad enough being scheduled on a Monday night, but worse with a 7pm kickoff :fight:

Remember - for anyone in Sydney who is intending to come to the game, we are going to grab GA tix and get a spot in the Northern side of the grass hill.

I don't think I will be able to make it until kick-off time, but look out for those in the Titans jerseys who will be minding us a spot!

Maybe u should come for the bunnies game too........

PROMETHEUS
24-04-09, 10:58 AM
Craigyd i have to disagree with you there,im a hospitality worker and i work from thursday to monday.
In fact everyone thats going to the game should come and say gday either before or after the game,i work at the Lonestar restaurant near Panthers leagues club.
I work behind the bar so a celebratory drink would be fantastic!
Hope to see some legion!

DIEHARD
24-04-09, 04:39 PM
So I guess for those Queensland based fans, if you are on the Coast you can join us at the Dog n Parrot or if you are in Brissie we will be at Crushers Leagues Club at The Grange.

GCT_07
24-04-09, 04:49 PM
So I guess for those Queensland based fans, if you are on the Coast you can join us at the Dog n Parrot or if you are in Brissie we will be at Crushers Leagues Club at The Grange.

Is that old guy still there at Crushers every week...... sort of half pi$$y..... footy expert.....LOL.... last time we were there was for the Manly Game (the one where they played dirty as hell... ohhh hold they do that in every game)..... anyway... gramps was there makin sure we knew who everyone was in the room and telling us everything about the game......LOL

DIEHARD
24-04-09, 05:08 PM
I think you just described many of the patrons there lol.

I'll tell you what they do have though, awesome chicken parmas for under $10.00.... :)