PDA

View Full Version : Legion Round 3: TITANS vs BULLDOGS

DIEHARD
25-03-09, 06:03 PM
TITANS vs BULLDOGS

I nearly forgot our traditional Legion thread!

Legion one off tickets are for sale from ticketek, so get in and bring some friends!

From now onwards there will be no holds on Legion tickets and it'll be business as usual. So buy some tickets to the big games coming up, for instance TITANS vs BRONCOS.

I have a few chants I want to suggest for this Friday and also I have a new fantastic Legion prop to debut!

LET'S ROCK!

Paul
25-03-09, 06:36 PM
Can't wait to abuse Ennis

daveyk
25-03-09, 06:42 PM

this clearly will be the high light of the night

DIEHARD
25-03-09, 06:48 PM

He is going to cop it!

To the tune of "99 bottles of beer"

14 players on the field last round!
You had 14 players on the field!
You lost 2 points because you are cheats!

DIEHARD
25-03-09, 07:07 PM
Legion tickets are now available for purchase online at http://www.ticketek.com.au

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-03-09, 07:09 PM
yer ill be coming up from sydney again for the titans home game, i dont know if this is a bad or good thing but im 8 seats away from the titans interchange bench...might come and chill out in the legion for a bit though

DIEHARD
25-03-09, 07:11 PM
yer ill be coming up from sydney again for the titans home game, i dont know if this is a bad or good thing but im 8 seats away from the titans interchange bench...might come and chill out in the legion for a bit though

Yea mate, come during the Toyota Cup.

GCT_89
25-03-09, 07:45 PM
He is going to cop it!

To the tune of "99 bottles of beer"

You had 14 players on the field!

hahaha that works....

maybe even just

14 on the field last round!
You had 14 on the field!
14 on the field last round!

its hard for too many people to chant things with too many syllables......

tonight i will begin work on

***MILKMAN***
****ENNIS****
-or-

****SMASH****
****ENNIS!****

Nathalie
26-03-09, 03:17 PM
I just saw the Smurfs on the tv ad for the game this Friday :p

DIEHARD
26-03-09, 05:53 PM
I just thought of Hully Gully's banner and LOLed.

GCT_89
26-03-09, 06:06 PM
I just thought of Hully Gully's banner and LOLed.

what one is this?

Our Best Friend Is A Hooker?

DIEHARD
26-03-09, 06:10 PM
what one is this?

Our Best Friend Is A Hooker?

Yea it's so bloody funny on a heap of levels.

As of the following home game, against the Raiders, I'm also getting all my gear cloaked at the stadium. So everyone can also put their stuff away as well.

Lugging stuff to the stadium is my least favourite part of going to the footy. It's an ordeal, but luckily the lovely folks at Skilled Park are gonna look after the mighty Legion!

Paul
27-03-09, 11:24 PM
I'm at the pub celebrating a really great night in section30 with all of you

Adz 14 players song sounded brilliant

titanstattman
28-03-09, 12:55 AM
Oh where do i start oh wat a night in the legion...

I know onr thing i was smashing the **** out of that drum.......:fight:

Steve
28-03-09, 01:00 AM
Just got home. Had a great time tonight!

titanstattman
28-03-09, 01:15 AM
Also how was it wen we heard the dogs fans go with they chants im sp glad and happy we kept our chants going i thinks it been the loudest we have been in the legion it was so great.... And now watching the reply we are so loud this game....

daveyk
28-03-09, 01:49 PM
i found some ne3w legion members up in the stands and i they are going to join us down the front for the next game....

great night and an even better win....

bring on melbourne

titanstattman
28-03-09, 02:04 PM
Ok most of u kn ow where i live and for the 1st time since skilled as been there and for the 1st match mum & dad could here the crowd raw last night....

i really think it was the loudest we have been in The Legion...

Also how great is it to hear now other fans in sec30 getting involed with the chants aswell The legion has really picking up not only in numbers but voice too....

I would like to cograts too all of Sec30 and all Legions members for a big effort...

dean
28-03-09, 02:28 PM
Congrats to the Legion on an awesome job last night. Numbers are growing every week and you guys really are sounding loud and proud.
Just wanted to mention that we were sitting about 10 rows behind the Legion and the sound from you guys was brilliant, but when it started to rain we moved closer to the back of the stand and WOW, the sound from the Legion up there is absolutely amazing.
Must be something to do with the acoustics because the sound was amplified about 10 times. It was as if we were sitting right in the middle of the legion and right next to the drums even though we were about 30 rows back.
The sound and atmosphere created by you guys back there is really something else and each of you should do your self a favour and slip up the back for a few minutes and suck in the atmosphere. Well worth it.

titanstattman
28-03-09, 02:46 PM
Congrats to the Legion on an awesome job last night. Numbers are growing every week and you guys really are sounding loud and proud.
Just wanted to mention that we were sitting about 10 rows behind the Legion and the sound from you guys was brilliant, but when it started to rain we moved closer to the back of the stand and WOW, the sound from the Legion up there is absolutely amazing.
Must be something to do with the acoustics because the sound was amplified about 10 times. It was as if we were sitting right in the middle of the legion and right next to the drums even though we were about 30 rows back.
The sound and atmosphere created by you guys back there is really something else and each of you should do your self a favour and slip up the back for a few minutes and suck in the atmosphere. Well worth it.

Thanks Dean.

I even had a thought about it last night and i also thought of taking a drum up there aswell....

Its great to hear news from other members from around the ground that we are starting to get heard around the ground even tho its up behind us thats a great start.....

Once again Thanks Dean..

P.S My arm is still sore from bashing the drum.....

Paul
28-03-09, 03:55 PM
I know what you mean Dean,Last year when we played the warriors at home my little nephews and dad came along so I sat with them about ten rows up above the legion and the sound from down there just deafened me.I can't even begin to imagine what it sounded like last night.

There are so many new people I don't know whether to start saying hello and introducing myself or gradually let it happen,It's so overwhelming how many new faces are in the section

dean
28-03-09, 05:11 PM
I know what you mean Dean,Last year when we played the warriors at home my little nephews and dad came along so I sat with them about ten rows up above the legion and the sound from down there just deafened me.I can't even begin to imagine what it sounded like last night.

There are so many new people I don't know whether to start saying hello and introducing myself or gradually let it happen,It's so overwhelming how many new faces are in the section

Wasn't all that long ago when it was only Diehard and a handfull others at Cararra. How things change in such a short time. Give it a couple of more seasons and i reckon the Legions numbers will rival any other supporters group in the NRL.

DIEHARD
28-03-09, 06:39 PM
Wow what a night! The Legion just keeps growing! So many new faces and voices! And it'd great to see everyone doing their own special thing to cheer on the Titans.

I sat up in the 5th row with my mate Bobby the Bulldog. He had a ball even if the doggies went down. He enjoyed the banter and niggle from you all, said it was rugby league how it's meant to be enjoyed. It's a BIG difference from watching it at home or even compared to just attending a footy game in the regular fashion. Suffice to say he said he will be back, but this time to cheer the Titans!

But being in row 5 instead of row 1, really helped me appreciate the awesome sound and colour of the Legion that I usually don't get to see.

The best thing of the night (apart from the win) was the rest of the Legion behind us being kitted out in colour, face paint, flags, banners and them starting up so many chants during the night!

I also got to debut my spartan 300 Titans helmet! :D

The chants were coming thick and fast and I loved hearing my 14 players on the field song! ;) Now we just need to keep at it and develop exclusive chants for each club every week and also start making dedicated player chants.

Thanks so much for your kinds words Dean! I'm glad it's being appreciated by everyone, hopefully we can get bigger and bigger and be an entire Section in 2009. It sure is a long long way from 2007 Carrara with litteral only a few of us and even 06 at the Orara Valleys 7s where I first took my flag. Back then, today's reality was a distant and near impossible and improbably dream. But what makes The Legion isn't the gimmicks but the people, great people with the same passion. The gimmicks are pretty sweet too.... *laughs*

I really love how good natured everyone is and I think it is a strength that we have such a diversity of people and how they support.

And if you are reading this and want to be a part of The Legion, you can buy one off tickets off http://www.ticketek.com.au and you can be with us next game!

It's been a tough road but we are really making progress, even better the Legion has it's own legs these days!

I'm definiely going to take Dean up on his suggestion to experience the Legion from further back at the next home game, only for a bit though.

dee13
28-03-09, 07:01 PM
Great effort last night Legionaires.

I was commenting to my wife, during the 1st half, that you guys were really loud last night. Im not surprised that you guys are getting the recognition that you deserve from the club and players.

Something that I am aware of though. I know some of you guys don't like the cheerleaders in front of you doing their thing. Is there anyone out their that would rather me out of their way. I enjoy being down with you guys because after all, that is where my Titans journey began. It is where the atmosphere of Skilled is. But I also don't want to be getting in anyone's way.

I try to keep moving around. I also move forward towards the dead ball line so you guys can see around me. I want to do my best so that everyone is happy.

Cheers Dee

dee13
28-03-09, 07:26 PM
Just wanted to know what you guys thought of the interupting and quite often poorly timed injection of random music.

Personally, I didn't like it. It happened too often. I like the idea if it was to happen when a try is scored but not every 3 set of tackles.

I would prefer to see an early Batman type of KAPOW!! on the big screens if someone puts in a big hit not 15 seconds of annoying music.

titanstattman
28-03-09, 07:33 PM

Something that I am aware of though. I know some of you guys don't like the cheerleaders in front of you doing their thing. Is there anyone out their that would rather me out of their way. I enjoy being down with you guys because after all, that is where my Titans journey began. It is where the atmosphere of Skilled is. But I also don't want to be getting in anyone's way.Cheers Dee

Mate my mate blade u are from in the way the diff between u and the girs are they is two of u and like 13-14 of them all jumping up in the way and than they jump up on each other....

Blade is totaly more fun and adds more entertenment and at the end of the day the kids love it more than the girls oh and maybe sum older kids to (me).

But this is IMO i dont know if any1 else thinks that way..It prob gives me the ****s more as im right up on the fance so its right infront......

titanstattman
28-03-09, 07:36 PM
Just wanted to know what you guys thought of the interupting and quite often poorly timed injection of random music.

Personally, I didn't like it. It happened too often. I like the idea if it was to happen when a try is scored but not every 3 set of tackles.

I would prefer to see an early Batman type of KAPOW!! on the big screens if someone puts in a big hit not 15 seconds of annoying music.

Yeah i was watching the reply at 12am this morning and i could hear the **** ur talking about i heard abit on the night but manly after a try was score and b4 kick off.........It dose sound like crap on TV

DIEHARD
28-03-09, 07:36 PM
Nah mate you are always most welcome, we can never have enough Blade. It's always a treat to look forward to. I never complain about the cheer leaders lol. :laugh:

GCT_89
28-03-09, 08:08 PM
as far as im concerned, Blade and Turbo are Legionaires......
Last night was INSANE!
even my dad, step-mum and me lil sis came to the game and mad some noise in THE LEGION!!!
it was pretty packed in that front section last night.......
and the rain was far from dampening our spirits.....i had a Ball!
only got cold once.......then i just had another bourbon.....lol

titanstattman
28-03-09, 08:10 PM
as far as im concerned, Blade and Turbo are Legionaires......
Last night was INSANE!
even my dad, step-mum and me lil sis came to the game and mad some noise in THE LEGION!!!
it was pretty packed in that front section last night.......
and the rain was far from dampening our spirits.....i had a Ball!
only got cold once.......then i just had another bourbon.....lol

As its getting bigger and better u smurfs better be getting there alot sooner.......lol

Paul
28-03-09, 08:34 PM
Neither Blade/turbo or the cheerleaders get in the way.Even if we are in row 1 you can always see around them

daveyk
28-03-09, 08:43 PM
Neither Blade/turbo or the cheerleaders get in the way.Even if we are in row 1 you can always see around them

i totally agree.... and after all its all part of the game....

kwigibo
29-03-09, 01:20 AM
I hope y'all gave Ennis and Kimmorley a good rip for me.

GCT_07
29-03-09, 03:21 AM
Dee..... Blade and the Titans are part of the same package.... the day/night is not complete without a visit from Blade. I m getting used to Turbo but Blade is Blade, hes been there since Carrara and is a must at every game.

Now as for the cheerleaders and photographers...... very little peeves me more than when it is a close game and they stand right in front of me. If I wanted to pay money to see a bunch of teenage girls I'd go online.... I dont pay to have them block my view of the game..... and before everyone jumps up and down at me I will add......I think our cheerleaders are the best in the comp.... they at least do cheerleadery type stuff instead of just standing there being T & A...... I just wish they didnt stop in front of me every damn game. :fist:

Now back to Blade..... dont underestimate the thrill little kids get from Blade..... to see the look on "lil sis" on Friday night was priceless.... :salute:

Steve
29-03-09, 11:30 AM
If I wanted to pay money to see a bunch of teenage girls I'd go online....

Wrong on two accounts. You should be paying to see young adults online. ;)
And if you're paying you're looking in the wrong spots.

I find I can see around Blade fine. If we were all sitting politely you might be in the way. :D

Cheerleaders tend to do their routine further down so they don't get in my way. They're skinny little things though, not too hard to see around.
It would be annoying if something crucial is happening in the game, that's for sure. I tell you what though. They've got a much better awareness of what's going on in the game than a lot of other teams cheerleaders. I've seen the girls from other teams cheer opposition tries because they didn't know what was going on.
I think I even saw them wave to an ex cheerleader who was sitting in the Legion bay.

titanstattman
29-03-09, 11:59 AM
See the 1st game thety did it right behide the gold post black dot......

And that ****s me cos it was a close game thru the hole day and even friday night it was close but they did it further down from us so it was good...

GCT_07
29-03-09, 12:03 PM
Wrong on two accounts. You should be paying to see young adults online. ;)
And if you're paying you're looking in the wrong spots.

Thanks for the expert advise...I ll adjust my browser settings :laugh:

titanstattman
29-03-09, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the expert advise...I ll adjust my browser settings :laugh:

Hey ma can i come roundd get the pillow plz???

GCT_07
29-03-09, 12:12 PM
Of course you can..... we are headed out in half hour though, not sure if Adams will be here after that.

titanstattman
29-03-09, 12:19 PM
Of course you can..... we are headed out in half hour though, not sure if Adams will be here after that.

Ok i'll head round right now

Boofhead
29-03-09, 12:22 PM
It's ok guys, just buy some sports ears if you worry about missing parts of the game. :p

Paul
29-03-09, 12:34 PM
It's ok guys, just buy some sports ears if you worry about missing parts of the game. :p

but not 2003 rugby world cup ones though because they don't work,right boof? haha:D

daveyk
29-03-09, 12:44 PM
but not 2003 rugby world cup ones though because they don't work,right boof? haha:D

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

dee13
30-03-09, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

See you all at the Raiders game in a few weeks time where I will once again endevour to bring smiles to the faces of all you big kids in Bay 30.

DIEHARD
31-03-09, 11:40 AM
Finally watching a replay of this game! Well doen to The Legion, you can hear our chants well and that DEFENCE! chant is awesome. Loving it, really makes the game more fun to watch...

DIEHARD
31-03-09, 12:27 PM
Wow you can hear the 14 men on the field chant! Sounds awesome! We can sure belt out a tune! I can't wait till the Raiders game! We need chants agains the Raiders!

DIEHARD
31-03-09, 12:41 PM
"Titans fans in full voice again!"

Love it!

titanstattman
31-03-09, 01:24 PM
Wow you can hear the 14 men on the field chant! Sounds awesome! We can sure belt out a tune! I can't wait till the Raiders game! We need chants agains the Raiders!

I know how great is it.. I love recording it and than watching it as it sounds better if u watch the reply on fox its like they turn down the fan noise

DIEHARD
01-04-09, 10:41 AM
Some pics from the Bully

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/28/212631.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/28/212641.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/28/212661.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/27/211705.jpg

DIEHARD
01-04-09, 10:43 AM
And more....

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/28/212691.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/27/211715.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/27/211725.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/remote/2009/03/28/212761.jpg

daveyk
01-04-09, 04:19 PM
and page 9.... hahaha

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/l9one/Titans_v_Dogs_2_014_full.jpg

DIEHARD
01-04-09, 06:22 PM
I've added them to the Legion Facebook. (http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?oid=9178358547&success=4&failure=0#/group.php?gid=9178358547)

Coaster
01-04-09, 09:39 PM
Loved it!!

Was surprised how drunk i got on ''gold'' beer, heh. Had my Brother there for the first time, he is allready organising a few of his mates to experince it.

Sorry to the bloke in front of me with the Bulldogs shirt on, he was wearing about 48 dollars worth of beer by end of the night. But i would have tried to avoid him if the shirt had the right logo on it.

Was wondering on the night and still wondering if a streaker runs arcoss the field they cop a 5000 fine, but what if that streaker is in a wheelchair with another streaker pushing him???

Is it a 10k fine, or would they go easy? Was going to hit up your mate Diehard and see if he was up to it, would have been piss funny.

anyway had a ball.

DIEHARD
19-04-09, 07:14 PM
Pic from Jetstar Fanzone of the Smurfs.

http://jetstar.acrobatt.net.au/res/photos/Titans_v_Dogs_2_094_full.jpg