PDA

View Full Version : Who would you most like to see at the Titans and why?

dee13
12-03-09, 07:13 PM
Just brain scanning for new ideas for threads and this came to mind.

Out of any player you could choose(Either retired, current or future player), who would best fit the mould of being a Jetstar Gold Coast Titan or who would you like to see in a Titans jersey and why?

Take into account the Gold Coast lifestyle, the Titans community based work, on-field work load, their professionalism, personallity and what they could contribute to the whole club.

Steve
12-03-09, 07:53 PM
Retired, Ryan Girdler comes to mind.

Great guy, brilliant footballer, he'd be a good person to have around the young players coming through.

Currently playing it's difficult. I quite like our current player roster. Ignoring the current team, I'd say Luke Priddis, Petero, Matt Bowen and Tony Puletua.

GCT_89
12-03-09, 09:58 PM
Retired, Ryan Girdler comes to mind.

Great guy, brilliant footballer, he'd be a good person to have around the young players coming through.

Currently playing it's difficult. I quite like our current player roster. Ignoring the current team, I'd say Luke Priddis, Petero, Matt Bowen and Tony Puletua.

***lets play spot the penrith fan!***

as much as id love to say Andrew johns, (personally coz hes my fav all time player).....hes just not Titans material...

maybe cositgan, Hayne....purely for their involvment in the world cup last year.....

dean
12-03-09, 10:06 PM
Steve Price, the ultimate professional both on and off the paddock. Don't think i have ever heard a bad word from anyone regarding Pricey. Pricey, just like Presto, is the perfect clubman and amazing with the fans and kids. Have seen him many times signing autographs for the fans well after the hooter and when the rest of the team are in the showers. Would slot in nicely here on the coast and although i really admire the guy it hurts me to say, he is a QUEENSLANDER.

Paul
12-03-09, 10:11 PM

Girdler was amazing. I watched him at Penrith park for years.If he was in our centres we would be a much better team. H ewas also very friendly towards fans and doing loads of community work.

Real Titans material

GCT_89
12-03-09, 10:13 PM
Girdler was amazing. I watched him at Penrith park for years.If he was in our centres we would be a much better team

***how about we play spot the major westies***......:p

nah i agree hes a great player, but rarely will you find many sydney based players with the right mind set for the coast....

daveyk
12-03-09, 10:15 PM
ME...............

lol

TITAN PETE
13-03-09, 12:51 AM
Past player would Freddy Fittler he was Brilliant

Current player would be Michael Jennings he will be huge over the next few years :thumbsup:

Blunt_Beno
19-03-09, 04:18 PM
retired id say big mal

current justin hodges or willie tonga, i think the centres are the only spot the titans are lacking at the moment and there both great players who would fit in well with the young wingers coming through.

GCT_07
19-03-09, 05:54 PM
Get me ready for a retirement home..... I m going to say Bennie Elias, Paul Sironen, Wayne Pearce......possibly even Gary Jack

I would have said blocker roach however I actually met him..... and well... ummmm ........ who remembers the movie meet the fockers... where the little baby says his first words.......

Ryan
19-03-09, 06:08 PM
Just off the top of my head;
Greg Inglis
Cam Smith
Trevor Gillmeister
Shane Webke
Petero Civ
Steve Price

Blunt_Beno
20-03-09, 06:29 PM
Get me ready for a retirement home..... I m going to say Bennie Elias, Paul Sironen, Wayne Pearce......possibly even Gary Jack

I would have said blocker roach however I actually met him..... and well... ummmm ........ who remembers the movie meet the fockers... where the little baby says his first words.......

rectum? donkey hole? kurt gidley?

Steve
20-03-09, 06:59 PM

Haha, it's just that they're the players I've watched closely over the years, so they come to mind. And believe me, there's plenty I left out because although good on the field I don't think would be right with the ideals of the team and picking the man before the player.

As Paul said, Girds wasn't just great on the field, but a real gentleman off it. Priddis is the same, and Puletua.

Petero I included because while I hate the donkeys, he's one of the players I always respected. Price I'd fit into the same category, great player, but you also only hear good things about them outside of footy.

I'd have some question marks over Costigan, I rate him with Bird, Carney, Crocker and Gallen.

GOATUS
21-03-09, 01:37 PM
Jamal Idris from the bulldogs he is going to be a awsome player in the next few years

Coaster
21-03-09, 07:51 PM
Wayne Bennett the old dog

Boofhead
21-03-09, 10:50 PM
Terry Campese
Denan Kemp
Colin Best

teke
22-03-09, 09:58 PM
Jamal Idris from the bulldogs he is going to be a awsome player in the next few yearslol noway, Titans have much better talent coming through than him.

goldcoastitans
23-03-09, 08:30 PM
well i would like to see Michael Henderson from the warriors on our side, he is an awesome hooker, makes the same amount of tackles as friend ...same size and makes good breaks!

DIEHARD
23-03-09, 08:59 PM
Kevin Walters - My favourite player of all time!
Brett Mullins - Absolute freak of a rugby league player. Still have nightmares about his double grubber try at Lang Park against the Broncos.
Darren Smith - Awesome support player and defensive centre. Loved his work.
Brad Fittler - Amazing talent and leader. Hated his guts during his career though.
Kerry Boustead - My favourite winger ever.
Trevor Gillmeister - I know he is part of the team now, but he would have been fantastic for us as a player.
Chris Walker - Oh we got him
Ashley Harrison - Oh him too.

We have some fantastic signings, ones that I dearly wanted. Such as Prince, Campbell, Rogers, Walker, Harrison, Minichello and Friend.

I love players with a lot of heart and character. I think we have done well to sign such players that we can build a team and a culture around.

DIEHARD
23-03-09, 09:00 PM
Denan Kemp

Love to see him in a Titans jersey. He is an exciting player who brings some new and different skills and foresight to the game.

Too bad we aren't really in the market for 3/4s, we are well stocked. But he is young, maybe in the future!

DIEHARD
23-03-09, 09:01 PM
Petero I included because while I hate the donkeys, he's one of the players I always respected.

And he has signed with Penrith!

titanstattman
23-03-09, 09:49 PM
I would like to see me in the front row.............:fight:

dee13
24-03-09, 03:36 PM
I would love to see some players with mongrel in them put on a Titans jersey.

My number 1 mongrel would be Geoff Robinson Late 70s early to 80s Bulldogs player. This guy is the hardest player you will ever see on the football field. He was no genius, he got the ball and ran as hard as he could at the defence. I love the old school footballers like him.

Number 2 mongrel would be Kerry Hemsley. So damaging close to the line.

Imagine the strength of the forward pack with those 2 Bull Bailey, Mini, Friend, Laffranchi

TITAN PETE
24-03-09, 10:51 PM
I would like to see me in the front row.............:fight:

You are always in the Front Row :dizzy:

DIEHARD
24-03-09, 10:54 PM
You are always in the Front Row :dizzy:

LOL good call......

shamus
25-03-09, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Boofhead
Denan Kemp

Love to see him in a Titans jersey. He is an exciting player who brings some new and different skills and foresight to the game.

Too bad we aren't really in the market for 3/4s, we are well stocked. But he is young, maybe in the future!

...and a local boy as well

DIEHARD
25-03-09, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Boofhead
Denan Kemp

...and a local boy as well

Exactly! I love watching him play. I love it when he dribbles.... the ball. Now that is an old school rugby league skill!

quins rl
26-03-09, 02:21 PM
I still consider us to be a soft side,no enforcer as such,a bit of a nasty bastard in the side,so i would have loved Adrian Morley(my English bias;) )in the side,i know he could flip over the edge at times,but no-one took liberties with him,and an absolute gent off the field.
Ellery Hanley from the past would be nice,but love to see Danny McGuire have a stint over here,not many like him who can dribble or sidestep 3-4 players in a run,a real exciting and unpredictable player to watch(ok,English bias over!):D

Tamwelg
29-03-09, 01:37 PM
I'm going to reply with my 2010 wish list, with players that are off contract at other clubs.

Dave Taylor and/or Fuifui Moimoi
If Zillman is our future 5/8 - Brett Kearney
If Zillman is our future Fullback - Tim Smith

I would really love Kurt Gidley, but he's locked up for another few years with the knight and will finish his career there IMO.

redwine10
31-03-09, 08:17 PM
If we assume Nathan Friend is off to another club, then I would like to see Isaac luke at the Titans - and he is not exactly happy at the Bunnies at the moment.

Steve
31-03-09, 08:33 PM
I still consider us to be a soft side,no enforcer as such,a bit of a nasty bastard in the side,so i would have loved Adrian Morley(my English bias;) )in the side,i know he could flip over the edge at times,but no-one took liberties with him,and an absolute gent off the field.
Ellery Hanley from the past would be nice,but love to see Danny McGuire have a stint over here,not many like him who can dribble or sidestep 3-4 players in a run,a real exciting and unpredictable player to watch(ok,English bias over!):D

I reckon you raise a good point. I guess the enforcers of the game got squeezed out, no coach wants to be 12 men down because of them.

It's a huge part of ice hockey, with the enforcers there to intimidate and protect the skillful players. I remember reading an article about Wayne Gretzky, and he refused to sign with a new team until they signed up his enforcer too.

Maybe bring back the biff is right. Bugger all these stupid penalties to protect kickers, how about a forward from the team puts a hit on whoever goes in hard on the kicker, make people think twice. :D

dee13
01-04-09, 06:37 PM
I would love to see a Dynamic Centre pairing come to the club. I have had a long hard thing and Mark McGaw and Andrew Ettinshausen would be my pick. Both boys were a real force in the backs. They worked beautifully together. They both represented their State and Country proudly.

DIEHARD
01-04-09, 06:47 PM
An enforcer would be one of the best additions to the Titans. I really wanted us to sign Michael Crocker for 2007.

Steel Dragon
02-04-09, 05:35 PM
Half the Melbourne team - so they'll run last. :)

patskE
02-04-09, 07:11 PM
half? take out smith cronk inglis and slator and they got nothing

Steel Dragon
03-04-09, 12:17 PM
I think you'd probably take Johnson and Hoffman as well, and maybe Blair.