PDA

View Full Version : Possible chant idea

DINGb@T
09-03-09, 12:19 PM
G'day, I'm only new to this forum and Sand member but I read the threads on possible chants so I figured I'd post this.

It's to the tune of Clip Go The Shears (good tune to sing for large crowds) and is sung when we're well on our way to winning and have just converted a try:

Six on the scoreboard; Six! Six! Six!
Our forwards are too strong and our backs too quick.
The clock is ticking down; the Fat Lady's on the phone.
Give up now. Leave early.
It's a LONG FLIGHT HOME!

If we miss the conversion there's the four point version:

Four on the scoreboard; Four! Four! Four!
Our boys are in again but the kick was poor.
It really doesn't matter 'cause we're leading by the score
Now hurry up and kick off
So we can SCORE ONE/HEAPS MORE!

Beauty is it lends itself to actions, is a simpe song that big crowds can sing fairly slowly and is definitely unique with it's Australian tune and fun piss take vibe.

DIEHARD
09-03-09, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the Titans forum and membership family.

This one is a great chant, because it's AUSSIE. :thumbsup: It's too a song everyone knows as well.

Paul
09-03-09, 02:03 PM
I think it's just me but I don't "get" all these long chants/songs

We have enough trouble keeping the short ones going as only about 15 people at most bother to even do it consistantly

I like that people are coming up with ideas but they need to be short and sweet

titanstattman
09-03-09, 02:07 PM
I think it's just me but I don't "get" all these long chants/songs

We have enough trouble keeping the short ones going as only about 15 people at most bother to even do it consistantly

I like that people are coming up with ideas but they need to be short and sweet

Im abit like u paul to me chants are short n sweet and to the point....

If they are to long ppl are not as keen to do the long ones if they are nice and short u will get more involed...

DIEHARD
09-03-09, 02:09 PM
I know what you mean about short and sweet, we need to get people involved and then get more complicated. But I love long ones too, be good value even with only a couple dozen involved.

DINGb@T
09-03-09, 08:15 PM
Longer chants are a problem because here in Australia we dont have the chanting tradition so we dont actually know how to hold a chant line for any great length of time. In a crowd you have to sing slower and consistently to a beat so everyone knows how to keep time. The bigger the crowd, the slower and deeper you have to sing. You also need lead ins or signals so that people know what everyone is singing and that the song is coming up, like a chant that eventually turns into the song. It's a learned skill that we dont really have here in Australia.

C-Whiz
09-03-09, 08:25 PM
G'day, I'm only new to this forum and Sand member but I read the threads on possible chants so I figured I'd post this.
Welcome aboard DINGB@T, glad to have another Sand member here.

Mate, your chant is fantastic. IT IS short and sweet. Anyone who thinks this is too long needs to take a large dose of Ritalin and try to keep up.

Seriously, the "everywhere we go" chant goes on for ages and is a bit tedious for those who aren't interested, but you stick with that. Try to get your head around the fact that we don't have a team song, and as Titans fans, we don't have anything else to offer. Nothing for a try, nothing for a goal, nothing for a great tackle, nothing for a VICTORY!

When we were at Carrara, everyone said it was too soon to worry about that. Then the same with the first year at Skilled. So, when is it the "right time" to start really trying to make it happen?

Anyway, sorry to hijack your post DINGB@T for my personal rant, but we need some more new people with fresh perspectives on here to help change the entrenched attitude that change is too hard. I'll see you up in the Sand section and we'll get our own Chants going. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
09-03-09, 09:17 PM
What we need is a more proactive and can do attitude on game day. This sort of thing is pretty new to aussie rugby league, so we are all feeling our way through it. Hence the comments on short and sweet/long.

I do love your chant dingb@t and we'll give it a go on Sunday. And I agree wth you whiz, we need songs for tries, goals and victories, it'd be amazing and hopefully we can lay the foundations this weekend.

Everyone seems pretty keen to get into the chants, GCT 89 has done up a new song list, DingB@T has suggested a new chant which is awesome and hopefully Whiz will come down and we can sing his victory song from a while back.

We just gotta make it happen! :thumbsup:

titanstattman
10-03-09, 09:32 AM
The only reason i said sumthing about short and sweet as paul did was that if we cant get the small chants going YET why go stright into big ones....

And if no1 is into "everyway we go" why would they be into any other chant....

DIEHARD
10-03-09, 02:23 PM
Let's just jump into some bigger ones. A few dozen of us will make an impact. And even if people don't join in, trust me they'll love it anyway for atmosphere and entertainment value. Give it a whirl.

Steve
10-03-09, 02:31 PM
I don't think it matters what you sing/chat, no one can understand it anyhow, it's the noise it generates. :D