View Full Version : Are you a Native Gold Coaster if not where

Cliffy GC
22-09-05, 06:49 PM
Im from the Northern Beaches Originally

But have called the Gold Coast home since 1981

what about everyone else

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 07:02 PM
Brisbane boy here. But I'm down on the Coast very very often. Several days a week, as I do some work down there and my family lives there.

But make no mistake, I'm a Titans fan through and through.

League Freak
22-09-05, 07:12 PM
Im From Sydney, I grew up in Western Sydney.

Im actually a Panthers fan, but Im a League fan first and in that regard I hope the Titans do really well. :)

Coaster
22-09-05, 07:17 PM
Born and bred in Southport, :D :D

DeeGan
22-09-05, 07:21 PM
Born and bred on the Gold Coast :) Before the Giants entered the competition I was a Balmain fan (when I left they start their most successful 2 year period since 1969 lol).

="League Freak"]Im From Sydney, I grew up in Western Sydney.

Im actually a Panthers fan, but Im a League fan first and in that regard I hope the Titans do really well

A refreshing attitude and one I share.

It has been a barron period for Gold Coast fans and in that time I have learnt first and foremost you are a Rugby League fan. It took losing my team to realise, though I love the game all the more for it.

Cheers

DeeGan

League Freak
22-09-05, 07:24 PM
I almost lost my team during the SL War. If we didnt have such a massive League club we would have been gone for sure.

I thought the loss of the Gold Coast was tragic for the game, and I was a huge supporter of the Gold Coast bid for the 16th team.

Damn...I love that logo!

NeWy RooSta
22-09-05, 07:34 PM
I'm from Newcastle born and bred. :D

Hindy_Magic
22-09-05, 08:47 PM
I am sydney boy from epping growing up in north western sydney.

footyfan09
22-09-05, 08:57 PM
yeap im a local gold coaster though i support sharks
dont worry Gold coast about 1 point behind !!!

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 09:00 PM
Concieved in rockhampton, born in south brisbane, bred on the gold coast. Support cowboys/broncos.

Snow
23-09-05, 05:02 AM
im from Auckland New Zealand but live in Sydney for the last 10 years ive allways supported the Sharks but i will support the Titans come 2007 cos i love Qld

Sportsgirl
23-09-05, 07:13 AM
All the way from New Zealand and I think it's awesome that the Gold Coast are finally getting a team in the NRL. I'm a Broncos supporter but now that the Coast are getting a team I'll be cheering for the mighty Titans as well. :)

Titans#1
23-09-05, 08:40 AM
I was born in Europe, moved to Canberra in '87 and followed the Raiders for about 2 years, when I finally got my head on straight and started backing the Bronco's.

2 Years ago I moved to the Gold Coast and I have been supporting our team ever since!

GO THE TITANS. :p

Dakink
23-09-05, 09:17 AM
Just down the freeway in Ballina - Been there for as long as I can remember!

Moejoe
23-09-05, 09:19 AM
Ive called Nerang on the Gold coast home since 1993, Was originaly living in Melbourne Before that although I had the presence of mind to avoid the theatrical spectacular they call football. But was originaly born in Blacktown hospital in Sydney's Western Suburbs.

Duff85
23-09-05, 09:29 AM
Born in Albury... down on the border (In the middle of Aerial Ping Pong territory, I still watch it too). My first jersey was a Tweed Giants one! But I became a Manly supporter, a decision I sometimes regret!

Moved to Toowoomba in 1995. Newcastle in 1998. Brisbane in 1999. Lived in Brissie ever since.

HATE THE BRONCOS WITH A PASSION.

Cliffy GC
23-09-05, 11:06 AM
Born in Albury... down on the border (In the middle of Aerial Ping Pong territory, I still watch it too). My first jersey was a Tweed Giants one! But I became a Manly supporter, a decision I sometimes regret!

Moved to Toowoomba in 1995. Newcastle in 1998. Brisbane in 1999. Lived in Brissie ever since.

keep the faith

2007 we could have two teams in the semis

Dakink
23-09-05, 11:14 AM

Ahh after my own heart!

HodgoBerro
23-09-05, 11:29 AM
i was born in Orange NSW
i moved to queensland when i was 18 months old
i lived in fortitude valley until 1994
we moved to kallangur which about 30 minutes north of brisbane (near redcliffe)
and WHAT A HOLE it is.

Wierd fact from me - i actually live down the road from Dane Carlaw's folks

Ratchy
23-09-05, 01:58 PM
Born in Lismore

Live in Brisbane

Titanium_BD1103
23-09-05, 04:44 PM
Born in Sydney
Live in North Western Sydney... am a proud 100% Bulldogs Supporter but the Titans are going to be my second team... I think it is great that the Gold Coast has a team to support again.. I was a fan of the Chargers back in the day...

Sandstorm
24-09-05, 12:45 AM
I am from Perth W.A. Although by the end of 2005 i will be living in the Gold Coast area to support my new team.

GOOOOO TITANS!!!!!!!

Eel 33
24-09-05, 10:02 AM
Born in Sydney, family moved to the Tweed in the late 80's. Whichever moniker they were (Giants, Seagulls, Chargers) always my second team behind the mighty Parramatta. Now back in Sydney for work. Over the moon to have a team on the Coast back in the comp. :D

Dakink
24-09-05, 10:04 AM
Born in Lismore

Live in Brisbane

You live in Lismore or nearby for very long?

Steve Dangerous
24-09-05, 11:10 AM
Maybe he's in grinspoon? :eek:

Oh, and sorry to say Dakink.. but i'm not a metallica fan :p

Dakink
24-09-05, 11:17 AM
Thats alright I forgive you LOL

They are just on of my many musical passions. I grew up surrounded by all varities of music and pride myself on my varied 'ear' so to speak.

Cliffy GC
24-09-05, 12:24 PM
I am from Perth W.A. Although by the end of 2005 i will be living in the Gold Coast area to support my new team.

GOOOOO TITANS!!!!!!!

welcome sandstorm

its great to see we have Titans fans all over the country

Teegy
24-09-05, 03:19 PM
Born in Longreach QLD but moved around for 15 years now living in Toowoomba

roostergirl
24-09-05, 06:12 PM
Very confused girl here lol....

Born in NZ
Schooled in Brisvegas
but have lived on the Goldy since 1991

Roosters supporter but will be attending Titans home games and supporting them....except when they play the Roosters!! So excited to have a Gold Coast NRL team again!

Teegy
24-09-05, 06:15 PM
Welcome Roostergirl i'll try not to hold be and New Zealander agaist you but supporting the roosters i unforgivable ;)

roostergirl
24-09-05, 06:18 PM
Welcome Roostergirl i'll try not to hold be and New Zealander agaist you but supporting the roosters i unforgivable ;)

Jealousy is a curse ;)

And i hate Broncowoomba......

eelectrica
24-09-05, 06:20 PM
Born, raised and lived most of my life on the Gold Coast and don't plan on leaving

expatqlder
24-09-05, 06:24 PM
I'm from Brisbane originally, left there in '96 to join the Armed Forces, and current postings have had me living in Perth for the last 4 years, and probably for another 20 ! But I love anything that is Rugby League and hails from God's Country.... for ten years I've been tipping a Cowboys vs Broncos final, now for 2007, I'm tipping a Titans vs Broncos final.....

Congrats to all the Gold Coast locals on getting you're team, you guys deserve it.... let's hope they bring back the Western Reds soon too !

Teegy
24-09-05, 08:46 PM
And i hate Broncowoomba......

So do i but what can i do about it

roostergirl
25-09-05, 06:36 AM
So do i but what can i do about it

Move to the lovely Gold Coast :D

Teegy
25-09-05, 07:18 AM
Go their most weekends but its to expensive

TDoGGBulldog
25-09-05, 04:19 PM
Beautiful Mackay central QLD....

actually its a hole....

...o well.......

[BroncosGirl]
25-09-05, 07:26 PM
Im a Brisbane Girl!

GC Titans
26-09-05, 01:56 PM
I was born in New Zealand but moved to the Gold Coast in 2001 and have been here since.

I have supported the Panthers for as long as I can remember but with a team back on the Coast I will be supporting them as well.

Inferno
26-09-05, 06:28 PM
yeap im a local gold coaster though i support sharks
dont worry Gold coast about 1 point behind !!!

Same for me.

Was born down in the shire but moved up here about 7 years ago.

Will definately take the Coast as my second team.

Teegy
26-09-05, 06:30 PM
So Many people are adopting the Titans as their 2nd team

Titan In Newcastle
26-09-05, 06:30 PM
hey all....
born and raised in the beautiful city of Newcastle wouldnt wanna live any where else other than surfers or at shark park (go cronulla)

Steelers
27-09-05, 08:12 PM
Sunshine Coast QLD (1 Hour north of Brisbane).

Fampa
27-09-05, 11:58 PM
Well, I'm BrisVegas born and mostly bred, but my family has a long connection with the Coast (my dad was born at Southport). My family is still heavily involved at Northcliffe SLSC and I lived and worked on the coast back when we were the Chargers. Went to the Chargers last home game and even have Captain Chargers autograph on my Chargers flag. :D

desi
28-09-05, 07:01 PM
Originally from Dandenong (Vic) then Sydney, now GC and wont be looking to go back anytime in the near future or even next lifetime.

Cheers

Teegy
28-09-05, 07:02 PM
Welcome Desi

RustyBlade
30-09-05, 12:27 PM
Born and live in Murwillumbah (just south of the GC) and am a die hard Sharkies supporter but have always gone to the Seagulls/Chargers games and cheered them on and plan to do the same thing with the Titans! :D

Super Cronk
30-09-05, 01:01 PM
dunno if im allowed to post in here...lol

i was born in sydney...and live a few mintues outside penrith.

Dakink
30-09-05, 01:09 PM
Born and live in Murwillumbah (just south of the GC) and am a die hard Sharkies supporter but have always gone to the Seagulls/Chargers games and cheered them on and plan to do the same thing with the Titans! :D

Need to say G'day to Inferno - another Sharky through and through, poor buggers.

Hopefully the Titans wont make us wait 39 years for a title ;)

w00kle
30-09-05, 06:18 PM
From brissie here.. avid hater of the broncos :D :D

raiders are my team, but will adopt the titans as a second child

Inferno
30-09-05, 07:16 PM
Need to say G'day to Inferno - another Sharky through and through, poor buggers.

Hopefully the Titans wont make us wait 39 years for a title ;)

True, although it will be mixed emotions if they do.

Fantastic that they won, but dissapointment that yet another club that entered the competition after us have won a premiership before us.

Dakink
30-09-05, 07:18 PM
Hopefully the Sharks wont make you wait to long either.

Unlike alot of Dragons I dont hate the Sharks. More like some of their idiotic fans on other forums - namely LU (BBSF)

kazza broncos chick
30-09-05, 09:54 PM
Same for me.

Was born down in the shire but moved up here about 7 years ago.

Will definately take the Coast as my second team.

Wtf Inferno, you told me that the Broncos would be your second team!

Inferno
30-09-05, 10:52 PM
Hopefully the Sharks wont make you wait to long either.

Unlike alot of Dragons I dont hate the Sharks. More like some of their idiotic fans on other forums - namely LU (BBSF)

God I hope not, Im sick of waiting. I don't really hate the dragons either, although I know a lot of the LU guys do. Morons really. They laughed when the dragons lost although had a short memory as to who beat us.

Ease up though on BBSF, Im in the Covell Brigade:P

BBSF annoyed me at first be he's always good for a laugh. Apparently the Kiwis should have Covell at 5/8:rolleyes:

Wtf Inferno, you told me that the Broncos would be your second team!
LIES!!!

Broncs are down the bottom next to the cowgirls and Manly:p

Dakink
01-10-05, 08:02 AM
No that is true - BBSF is far from the worse of the Covellians. He at least will discuss other issues without mentioning poor Luke as the answer. Sirshire I think it is would be close to the worse. Makes me laugh the little rivalries between the shire and Dragons. You would think that someone ahd been killed the way some behave.

RustyBlade
01-10-05, 12:55 PM
Fantastic that they won, but dissapointment that yet another club that entered the competition after us have won a premiership before us. ROFL! I say the same thing :eek:
I was devestated when North Sydney left the comp because at least they had been playing and hadn't won a premiership for longer than the sharkies :( (their last one being in 1908? or something?).

Inferno
01-10-05, 01:08 PM
well the swans waited 72 years between premierships and it was almost 70 years before Queensland first won a Sheffield Shield.