PDA

View Full Version : G'day

Twiggy
25-02-09, 05:25 PM
G'day all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself before I start posting on this forum. Now, I am a Broncos fan, so please don't hold that against me :D I am not here to 'troll' your forum or anything like that, but to simply participate in discussion about the sport that I love so much.

I look forward to talking rugby league with all you other lovers of the great game that is rugby league.

dee13
25-02-09, 05:51 PM
Hi Twiggy,

Welcome to the greatest forum on earth.

We are a very understanding bunch here at the Titans forum. Supporting the Broncos.... we sypmathise for you because as a QLDer you didn't have much to choose from back in 1988. Its OK there are other QLD teams in the NRL now and in time we will wear you down (EVIL LAUGH)

Broncos:concience:Titans

Dee13/Blade

DIEHARD
25-02-09, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the Titans forum Twiggy!

Any rugby league fan is a true friend of mine! You are most welcome here, many of us also follow the Broncos or Cowboys, or any other NRL team for that matter. I think it's way better to have a broad mix of rugby league fans than just us all being 100% Titans fans.

The Broncos should be in for a good year and I'll certainly be at Lang Park for a few matches.

Rugby league is indeed the greatest game! :thumbsup:

So tell us a bit about you. I'm a Brissie boy too and a big Valleys Diehards fan from the BRL but follow them in Brisbane 2nd DIV.

Twiggy
25-02-09, 10:39 PM
Not much to tell I'm afraid. Born and bred in Brisbane. I'm 21 years old, and I currently live with my old man in Heritage Park (if anyone knows where that is), and I'm a Broncos season member so I hope you're right about having a big year. That said, I love being able to head down to Skilled for a few games when the Broncos are away.

Love my QLD cup. Obviously I cheered for Toowoomba/Aspley and I got to a few of their games, but nowdays I find myself cheering for the Magpies. As for BRL, I was a Brothers fan simply because my old man played for them.

hicksey
25-02-09, 11:07 PM
welcome, i know where that is as im from redcliffe, but i saw the light a few years ago and joined the titans. though in saying that im still a qlders and cheer 4 the other 2 teams when they rnt going agains the titans. i get to some broncos home games as my sister has season tickets to the broncos. lol its fun at family get to gethers having one a broncos member and me a titans member

Twiggy
25-02-09, 11:32 PM
Yeah, a lot of my family live on the coast and most of them support the Titans. I really can't understand why :p

It's always interesting heading down there for a Broncos V Titans at Skilled match. All good fun though.

titanstattman
25-02-09, 11:35 PM
Well welcome to the forum and one day u might see the light and join us as a full titans fan.....lol....:fist: :p

hicksey
25-02-09, 11:35 PM
yeah my whole family is going down for dads bday lol but hes a titans fan like me so it will be good. :p and the reason ur family supports them is coz they r really smart and know who the best team in qld r :thumbsup: :laugh:

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-02-09, 11:36 PM
i think i understand why your family support the titans, its because we have a younger more exciting team and we have a brand new stadium, all brisbane have is a team of old people who have 1 or 2 years till they all retire, and you play at a to bigger stadium for just a local match, (sorry brisbane supporters but its just how i feel)its likeing watching souths at anz stadium in sydney only 5000 people show up to a ground which its capacity is nearlly 85000 people

hicksey
25-02-09, 11:38 PM
i think i understand why your family support the titans, its because we have a younger more exciting team and we have a brand new stadium, all brisbane have is a team of old people who have 1 or 2 years till they all retire, and you play at a to bigger stadium for just a local match, (sorry brisbane supporters but its just how i feel)its likeing watching souths at anz stadium in sydney only 5000 people show up to a ground which its capacity is nearlly 85000 people

i know lol i hate to say it but i would rather watch the soccer at suncorp then watch a footy game. and i love my footy over soccer

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-02-09, 11:42 PM
Yer the soccer is great to go to at suncorp, whats evan better is when qld beates nsw on the deciding night at anz stadium with 80000 nsw blues supporters and there all go crying home

hicksey
25-02-09, 11:47 PM
yeah lol ohh well titans fans with be in force again this year :D

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-02-09, 11:50 PM
Does any1 know what our average crowd is at skilled park

DIEHARD
25-02-09, 11:53 PM
Does any1 know what our average crowd is at skilled park

21,618 for 2008.....

DIEHARD
25-02-09, 11:57 PM
Let's not say that the Broncos are the sole champions of Lang Park. :nope:

The Maroons own it and the Titans games there are always extraordinary! :D

Sydney Titans Fanatic
26-02-09, 12:13 AM
I was at skilled park when The Gold Coast Titans Defeated Brisbane by like a couple of points, The atmosphere at skilled park was amazing and there were like 29000 people there which was fantastic, i can just imagine how extraordinary it would be when the titans defeat brisbane at suncorp stadium

titanstattman
26-02-09, 10:35 AM
I was at skilled park when The Gold Coast Titans Defeated Brisbane by like a couple of points, The atmosphere at skilled park was amazing and there were like 29000 people there which was fantastic, i can just imagine how extraordinary it would be when the titans defeat brisbane at suncorp stadium

Again if ya look at the other games they cant even beat us in 80mins....

Sydney Titans Fanatic
26-02-09, 01:26 PM
haha Brisbane lost to melbounre in the 08 final series, but the titans defeated melboune by over 30 points who looks good now haha

Twiggy
27-02-09, 12:22 AM

We averaged 33,426 a game last year, so I can't say that I understand what you are on about. Skilled Stadium is a brilliant stadium, that's for sure. I'd take Suncorp any day though.

haha Brisbane lost to melbounre in the 08 final series, but the titans defeated melboune by over 30 points who looks good now haha

Please, never mention that again. That was the more infuriating experience I had ever witnessed. Yeah, we lost to Melbourne in the Preliminary, but at least we didn't choke and actually made the finals :p

Now, enough Bronco basing and lets get back to talking footy.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
27-02-09, 01:02 AM
Yer we only chocked because the stupid people who play for new south wales(sorry laffranchi) broke scott princes arm, other wise you would of been hearing 08 premiers gold coast titans

Twiggy
27-02-09, 01:46 AM
Very doubtful my friend. I didn't see anyone being able to beat Manly last year. When you're away record is something like 3 wins from 12 it doesn't really help the situation. Don't get me wrong. The Titans have an excellent team and a great coach. They are just lacking that x factor that they need to go all the way.

Who knows? 2009 could be the year of that Titan?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
27-02-09, 01:54 AM
I just wanted any team besides manly to win, i would of prefered north queensland cowboys to win, seeing i live in manly territory, everybody thinks manly is the greatest team on the earth,the only reason they won was because of how much beaver did for the nrl

Twiggy
27-02-09, 02:04 AM
Oh yeah. I wanted Manly to win! Manly didn't beat the Broncos with 30 seconds remaining! GRR

Sydney Titans Fanatic
27-02-09, 02:09 AM
why would you want manly to win lol i would of loved to seen melbourne vs brisbane in the grand final.

Twiggy
27-02-09, 02:13 AM
It didn't end up a possible scenario thanks to the Warriors. I simply wanted Manly to win out of spite. Manly didn't know out the Broncos - therefore deserve to win! :D