6. Darren Lockyer (capt)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Aaron Gorrell
10. Joel Clinton
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker.

Interchange: Andrew McCullough, Lagi Setu, David Taylor, Steve Michaels, Ashton Sims, Aaron Sweeney, Josh McGuire (three to be omitted)

North Queensland Cowboys:
1. Matt Bowen
2. Ty Williams
3. Ashley Graham
4. Willie Tonga
5. Ben Farrar
6. Travis Burns
7. Johnathan Thurston [c]
8. Carl Webb
9. Aaron Payne
10. Antonio Kaufusi
11. Manase Manuokafoa
12. Ben Harris
13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange: Clint Amos, Matthew Scott, Shane Tronc, Scott Bolton, James Tamou (one to be omitted)

Super Cronk
20-02-09, 06:01 PM
great to have NRL back! this game will draw a huge crowd.

DIEHARD
20-02-09, 06:25 PM
great to have NRL back! this game will draw a huge crowd.

Yea it will be. I'll probably be part of it, go with GOATUS.

The first few Broncos crowds promise to be big, hopefully good form from them will bring them in.

Super Cronk
20-02-09, 06:33 PM
hopefully their form in round 2 is ****house :)

Poida
21-02-09, 08:34 PM
Really excited for this game, I like the look of this new Cowboys team :D its gonna be a better year for us.

poly09
24-02-09, 12:11 PM
yes it is very good

titanstattman
24-02-09, 12:27 PM
Well i'll have to say go the cowboys as i cant stand the donkeys

Sydney Titans Fanatic
24-02-09, 02:57 PM
The Broncos have lost like half there starting 13 team and they have only got a couple of good recruits, and cowboys lost some ok players nut they piked up some good players during the transfers, so I hope the boys from up the road loose there first game to the cowboys pick up a big win but it will probally be the home crowd advantage that gets the broncos home, this will be close

DIEHARD
27-02-09, 06:06 PM
Matt Bowen a likely starter for North Queensland Cowboys

North Queensland Cowboys star Matt Bowen will make his much anticipated return to rugby league on Saturday night after doctors cleared him to play.

Bowen, whose 2008 season was brought to a premature end by a knee injury in round eight, is expected to be in the starting line up for the trial match against Penrith in Cairns.

Cowboys’ coach Neil Henry said the club wasn't pressuring the full-back to return before he was ready.

“If he's happy to start the game he'll start the game,” he said.

“It's a long season, there's no need to rush him in if he's not confident on his knee but we're fairly confident he'll play.”

The game is the last chance for halves Travis Burns and Grant Rovelli to secure the No.6 jersey for the opening round match against Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

Burns, whose 2008 season was interrupted by injury and suspension has been named in the starting line up against the Panthers but Henry will also give Warriors import Rovelli a chance to prove himself.

“There's not much between them so really it will come down to their games (on Saturday) for the make up of that team against the Broncos,” he said.

Captain Johnathan Thurston said he was looking forward to establishing a partnership with whoever Henry picks to accompany him in the halves.

“Obviously over the last couple of years I've had a few different halves partners outside me so Neil's got a couple at his disposal and hopefully we can form a combination with the one that he picks,” he said.

Thurston said a new dimension had been added to the club's attacking ****nal this year with the arrival of former Bulldogs centre Willy Tonga.

“If anything its going to make our playing style a lot better, he's very dangerous on the flanks and all he needs is a little bit of room and he can cut you up so he's great to have playing outside you.”

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au

DIEHARD
27-02-09, 06:08 PM
About 30,000 tickets sold for the game!

Steve
10-03-09, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna be cheering the Cowboys in this one! Will be great to see Matty Bowen back, always a pleasure to watch.

DIEHARD
10-03-09, 02:29 PM
Yea we all want to see Matt Bowen come back to form and have a blinder of a year.

I'll probably sneak along to this game.

curly_11
10-03-09, 02:29 PM
Broncos: : 1. Karmichael Hunt 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Israel Folau 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace 8. Nick Kenny 9. Aaron Gorrell 10. Joel Clinton 11. Sam Thaiday 12. Ben Te'o 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14/ Andrew McCullough 15. Lagi Setu 16. David Taylor 17. Steve Michaels 18. Ashton Sims 19. Aaron Sweeney 20. Josh McGuire (three to be omitted)

Interesting Wings and No 3 Alex Glenn is an ex burleigh bears junior poached to the broncos the year before the titans. Pretty good player but didnt see him making the side yet. Normally players hooker but a bit of a utility. Lagi Setu will have a good season....also a talented player.

But im going for the cowboys!

TITAN PETE
11-03-09, 12:07 PM
This has the potential of being the match of the round or the Cowboys will be out to bury last years effort & give the Bonco's a touch up :fight:

daveyk
13-03-09, 08:51 PM
hunt pass to folau looked very forward

DIEHARD
13-03-09, 09:04 PM
Go the BRONCOS! Great game so far, love the 2 refs. How funny, the Cowboys first touch of 09 was deadset a forward pass. :thumbsup:

Steve
13-03-09, 09:07 PM
Two forward passes in a row from the Broncos. I don't think they know any other way to play.

Steve
13-03-09, 09:09 PM
Wallace hiding behind the trainer way back in the line.

Harden up son.
Should have been a send off!

daveyk
13-03-09, 09:15 PM
although i have tipped the broncos.... so hope cowboys win

wierd i know... but i do hate brisbane

DIEHARD
13-03-09, 09:19 PM
Steve, great to see you can actually watch TV now!

DIEHARD
13-03-09, 09:25 PM
I don't know what Vossy is going on about with the scrum time out change. I think it's a good new rule.

Exciting game so far! Great rugby league seeing Winterstein being smashed out attempting a last minute try.

daveyk
13-03-09, 09:30 PM
wot was the rule change again i missed it

Steve
13-03-09, 09:31 PM
Steve, great to see you can actually watch TV now!

Not once I take the projector back to work! :D

daveyk
13-03-09, 09:47 PM
steve....

would u like to express ur opinion on tonight game???

LOL

Steve
13-03-09, 10:05 PM
steve....

would u like to express ur opinion on tonight game???

LOL

:D

Brad might get mad at me. ;)

daveyk
13-03-09, 10:10 PM
:D

Brad might get mad at me. ;)

ummmmm

thats without a doubt....

but damn it would be hialrious.... but prob find urself becoming banned....

DIEHARD
13-03-09, 11:18 PM
wot was the rule change again i missed it

To reduce wasted time at scrums. Players who rush to pack a scrum the referee signals "time off" but then breaks the formation will lose the advantage with the referee immediately signalling "time on"

I think that's a good rule, it's something I have always hated in our game. I'd be interested to see what Vossy has to say on Sunday about the rule.

GOATUS
14-03-09, 12:24 AM
God damn *********** broncos

TITAN PETE
14-03-09, 08:07 AM
That was a pretty good game but i think if the Cowboys are to be the force they should be in this competition they must get rid of Heggarty he's not up to it :nope:

GOATUS
14-03-09, 11:34 AM
That was a pretty good game but i think if the Cowboys are to be the force they should be in this competition they must get rid of Heggarty he's not up to it :nope:

+1 for that he was crap

C-Whiz
14-03-09, 01:36 PM
Bowen...... what can u say? Absolute brilliance followed by rookie errors. How would you rate his overall performance?

I'd rate it bloody frustrating if I was his coach!

Ryan
14-03-09, 02:10 PM
Bowen...... what can u say? Absolute brilliance followed by rookie errors. How would you rate his overall performance?

I'd rate it bloody frustrating if I was his coach!
Good to see that he's on his way back though.

Bowen + Thurston + Tonga + Payne are gonna be a dangerous combo with abit of time, especially with Henry's tactics. It'll be good footy to watch!

Steve
14-03-09, 02:37 PM
Sure, Matty was a little rusty, but first game of the season you expect that.

I think the Cowboys will really do well this year.

Cowboy Titan
15-03-09, 09:49 PM
I'm surprised the Broncos didn't win by more with the amount of field position we gave them all night. Carl Webb had a shocker and will need to pick up his game quickly.

Matt Bowen showed glimpses of what he can do but it was his first game for 10 months. I think he'll be on fire after a few games.

Willie Tonga will be our best signing this year and it was great to see Aaron Payne doing plenty of dummy half runs. The Cowboys are at their best when he's stealing yards up the middle, as with Friend for the Titans.