PDA

View Full Version : T V

DIEHARD
10-01-09, 09:25 AM
I always wanted a TV thread on the Titans forum, to discuss all the best and worst TV shows and follow the schedule through, comment on TV shows and movies as well as recommend great TV shows to other members.

But remember to give spoiler warnings if you are gonna give away plots.

At the moment I've really enjoying The X Files on SCI FI, although I wish they'd STOP skipping around different seasons out of order, something they do with many TV shows.

Also started watching Terminator Sarah Connor Cronicles on FOX8 last night.

Ryan
10-01-09, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Fighter 8 - Fuel TV Sunday from 8pm

This show sorts out the men from the boys. It's cage fighting for those who don't know, this particular series invites 32 unknown fighters to compete for 2 contracts (lightweight & heavyweight) in the UFC. They all stay in the same house, each day they train with a real UFC fighter and each week some are chosen to fight each other until 4 finalists are left. The 4 finalist then get to fight at a main event for a 6-figure contract in the UFC if they win!

Super Cronk
10-01-09, 07:47 PM
TUF is an awesome show..been watching it from season 1.

Some of my favorite tv shows past and present:

Dead like me
dexter (my fave show of all time)
that 70's show
scrubs
the mighty boosh (2nd fave)
contender
the ultimate fighter
house (not so much the newer ones)
pulp sport
the dudesons

DIEHARD
11-01-09, 03:45 AM
Some shows I love are...

Kenny vs Spenny - Two Canadian friends compete against each other in challenges such as who can be homeless the longest, who can committ the most crime, who can wear an octopus on their head the longest etc.

Entourage - One of my all time favourite shows, about a star and his Entourae and Hollywood. Not only a great show but as a hollywood wannabe, I love the show.

Babylon 5 - The best sci fi show ever and one of my all time favourite shows.

Steve
11-01-09, 09:29 AM
Scrubs is an old favourite. Just started getting all the seasons on DVD.
I enjoy The Office, the American, haven't seen the English version.
Black Books is great, Red Dward is another old favourite. Also The IT Crowd.

Of the current crop, I like How I Met Your Mother. Gotta love Barney!
Been enjoying The Big Bang Theory too.
Two and a Half men isn't too bad either.
I don't mind a bit of Bones either.

Super Cronk
11-01-09, 12:37 PM
the office and red dwarf are top shows. alot of people dont like the american version of the office but i actually prefer it to the pommy one.

DIEHARD
11-01-09, 02:43 PM
LOL Red Dwarf, yea love that show.

It was on this morning, early seasons too, the best.

dee13
11-01-09, 08:24 PM
What is channel 10 doing at the moment. Did they really think Bold and the Beautiful (I mean "Old and the Plastic"). Was going over to win the 6pm timeslot. Surely there were better options than this D Gade American crap.

Grimmace
11-01-09, 08:49 PM
What is channel 10 doing at the moment. Did they really think Bold and the Beautiful (I mean "Old and the Plastic"). Was going over to win the 6pm timeslot. Surely there were better options than this D Gade American crap.

Unfortuanetly the Crap and the plastic is here to stay, How people enjoy this show is ridiculous just like spiderman 3. I wish thyed put the simpsons back on anywho since t.v is painful to watch at this point in time i have started buying more movies and boxsets,atm i am watching Beavis and Butthead.

~lee~
11-01-09, 09:52 PM
A few good show i like are:

My New Best Friend: it was on a few years back, for a chance to win some money a member of the public had to pretend that this guy was their 'new best friend'. He has obnoxious, lazy, rude, embarrassing, but all on purpose of course. He would always try and turn this persons friends against them and put them in the most awkward of position. If the person couldnt last the weekend then they lost the money. On a few occasions the person friends actually stopped talking to them because of what had happened during the weekend. It was brilliant stuff.

Only Fools and Horses: Classic english comedy about two (well mostly one) wheeler-dealer. If you havnt seen this go watch some ukgold or whatever you have there.

~lee~
11-01-09, 09:58 PM
Scrubs is an old favourite. Just started getting all the seasons on DVD.
I enjoy The Office, the American, haven't seen the English version.

If you like scrubs you should try and check out Green Wing, its an english comedy set in a hospital, i imagine like scrubs but ive never actually seen scrubs. One of the greatest English shows of all time. I thinks there's clips on youtube but you maybe need to get the dvd's to get into the characters.

the office and red dwarf are top shows. alot of people dont like the american version of the office but i actually prefer it to the pommy one.

As for The Office, the only similarity between the English one and the Yank one if that they are both set in an office. The English one is more lifelike and shows all the annoyances and embarrasing situations that can and do actually happen whereas the Yank one is done more for laughs and has greater scope due to the vision to do storylines outside the office. I like both because they are so different.

~lee~
11-01-09, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Fighter 8 - Fuel TV Sunday from 8pm

This show sorts out the men from the boys. It's cage fighting for those who don't know, this particular series invites 32 unknown fighters to compete for 2 contracts (lightweight & heavyweight) in the UFC. They all stay in the same house, each day they train with a real UFC fighter and each week some are chosen to fight each other until 4 finalists are left. The 4 finalist then get to fight at a main event for a 6-figure contract in the UFC if they win!

I too and an avid viewer of The Ultimate Fighter, some of the pranks played this season went to a whole new level. I thought the piss in the salad was bad enough but geez what happened next. The fighters this year didnt look too great im not expecting much of them in the UFC. How great was that Juni (spelling?) bloke? Absolute legend.

Ryan
11-01-09, 10:48 PM
I too and an avid viewer of The Ultimate Fighter, some of the pranks played this season went to a whole new level. I thought the piss in the salad was bad enough but geez what happened next. The fighters this year didnt look too great im not expecting much of them in the UFC. How great was that Juni (spelling?) bloke? Absolute legend.

Just finishing watching tonight, in this episode Kaplan and Lawlor voluntarily take shots of each others piss. And later Kaplan asks Lawlor to punch him in the head bragging he can't be knocked out, Lawlor does so and knocks him out.......

But I prefer the fighting part of the program, not the big brother style crap....

Junie? Are you serious? That fool is his own worst enemy, he doesn't have it mentaly he's a loose cannon. Physically, he can fight - but still over rated IMO.

Phillipe Nover will take out the Lightweight for sure, one of the few natural fighters in the house.
And Ryan Bader should take out Light-Heavyweight. Vinnie's Judo is unbeatable but he is too useless on his feet, you can't rely on ground work alone to win..... Unless your Royce Gracie ofcourse!

~lee~
12-01-09, 06:36 AM
The season finished ages ago howcome you're so behind?

haha kaplan still denied he was knocked out, i think the footage spoke for itself.

Junie is what people will remember the season for, of course noone likes him but a name goes along way sometimes and everyone sure knows his.

Ryan
12-01-09, 07:14 AM
Not sure why we're behind, I know the semi's are done, but the finals haven't been fought yet though have they?

True, Junie will be remembered, but for the wrong reasons. He won't be remembered for winning fights, which ain't good for someome who wants to go pro. He needs a phycistrist.

~lee~
12-01-09, 11:33 AM
Not sure why we're behind, I know the semi's are done, but the finals haven't been fought yet though have they?

Yeah the finals were fought a couple weeks back, be careful not to go on ufc.com or you'll find out who won.

TITAN PETE
12-01-09, 01:23 PM
THE SHIELD excellent violent cop show :thumbsup:

TWO & HALF MEN & FAMILY GUY , best 2 comedy shows :D

Ryan
12-01-09, 02:07 PM
Yeah the finals were fought a couple weeks back, be careful not to go on ufc.com or you'll find out who won.
Thanks for the heads up, not sure I'll be able to resist though........

Super Cronk
12-01-09, 05:58 PM
yeah we are alwasy behind in TUF series. we have only been showing them here for about 2 years or so now...we got it late.

i hear the next series is the us vs the uk. should be good.

on season 8, i also like nover he looks alot better then the rest of the guys.

Kaplan is an idiot...some of the pranks have been good but the urinating in food and other ingesting other bodily fluids is just sick and wrong.

~lee~
12-01-09, 09:52 PM
Dan Henderson v Michael Bisping for the next season us v uk. Dana White hates the idea as he says it doesnt matter where you're from just aslong as you can fight.

Nathalie
13-01-09, 11:45 AM
I really like Eli Stone. Pity it's been cancelled in the States :( Meaning it'll eventually stop showing here.

DIEHARD
15-01-09, 02:33 PM
Anyone watch Phonejackers on Channel V? A must see!

The new series has just started.

Also been enjoying some surprisingly good episodes of Parental Control on MTV. One episode this geek who thinks he was a knight and a massive RPG nerd, who thinks he can cast spells and rides on dragons. Well his girlfriend was put up for parental control... and... well I won't spoil how it ended. :laugh:

Also in a recent episode, it was funny because this girl's dad's boyfriend was part of the show and helped select the dates. God it was hilarious especially the banter between the daughter's boyfriend and her dad's boyfriend... :laugh:

~lee~
15-01-09, 11:14 PM
Anyone watch Phonejackers on Channel V? A must see!

The new series has just started.

We have a phonejacker over here, he is quality. I just need your bank account details and sort code :laugh:

DIEHARD
15-01-09, 11:24 PM
We have a phonejacker over here, he is quality. I just need your bank account details and sort code :laugh:

Mate that's the funniest skit. How he is offering prizes of cash monies. And it's always some stupidly low pathetic amount.

"This is totally legitiment" :laugh:

Coaster
16-01-09, 10:07 AM
Anyone seen "Flight of the Concords"?

2 Kiwi musicians in the States, pretty funny show.

craigyd
16-01-09, 12:04 PM
my favorite show as a kid was the Young Ones,havent seen it for years so went and bought the series,how things change.i struggled to get a laugh and didnt even watch the 2nd disc.

Super Cronk
26-01-09, 03:39 PM
surprised to see efrain beat nover in the ultimate fighter final...i was cheering for nover.

also for bader...thought he did real well.

DIEHARD
10-02-09, 07:37 AM
I'm really looking forward to this new reality show on MTV, it's "50 Cent: The Money And The Power".

I'm a huge rap fan, don't much rate 50 Cent but he is probably one of the best of a bad bunch. I just wish 2pac got to have a show like this! :D

~lee~
10-02-09, 08:45 AM
I havnt watched MTV for years, it was all the reality shows that turned me off, not that it really ever was a good channel.
You wonder how someone like 50 cent can have his own show, i remember him having about 2 songs a couple of years ago.

Youtube Peep Show: a brilliant english comedy about 2 mates who share a flat.

daveyk
10-02-09, 07:27 PM
I'm really looking forward to this new reality show on MTV, it's "50 Cent: The Money And The Power".

I'm a huge rap fan, don't much rate 50 Cent but he is probably one of the best of a bad bunch. I just wish 2pac got to have a show like this! :D

dont get used to it.... i "think" it pulled in the states within weeks....

DIEHARD
11-02-09, 01:05 AM
dont get used to it.... i "think" it pulled in the states within weeks....

Yea it has. I love watching train wrecks.

Boofhead
11-02-09, 06:13 PM
Californication
How I Met Your Mother
Southpark

Top 3

Coaster
11-02-09, 06:19 PM
Anyone watch Top Gear the UK version not the Aussie version?

I love that show

Ok this may show my inner geek but these are the shows i love watching

Mythbusters
Flight of the Concords
Lost ( ive gone this far, only 2 year left)
Top Gear
My name is Earl
Dirty Sanchez
Xplay

Sports top the list of course has to be live

DIEHARD
27-02-09, 08:43 PM
I'm watching the latest Simpson Treehouse of Horrors now on TEN.

DIEHARD
27-02-09, 09:05 PM
Yea wasn't really worth it. I'm on to watching Entourage now. :D

dee13
27-02-09, 09:36 PM
Im watching something that is rated for mature audiences.... I'd better change channels or I might learn something.:laugh:

~lee~
27-02-09, 11:30 PM
Lost ( ive gone this far, only 2 year left)

haha my thoughts too, every week when i watch it i constantly have to stop myself from turning it off, its gone down hill so much from the 2nd season but i just watch it because ive watched it all this way. Too many contradictions in the storyline.

DIEHARD
28-05-09, 01:55 PM
Anyone else watching Solitary on Foxtel?

DIEHARD
02-07-09, 08:05 PM
Thursday night is an awesome night of tv.

Risking It All
The UK Apprentice
The Restaurant

All on BBC Knowledge

Celebrity Apprentice and the Footy Show. :thumbsup:

Adelaide Titan
02-07-09, 10:53 PM
Some of my fave TV shows are:

The Simpsons (will always love it!)
Family Guy
Everybody Loves Raymond (The best!)
The Footy Show (AFL and NRL)
Two and A Half Men
Air Crash Investigations
Sports shows in general

Fave Movies:
Green Street Hooligans
Goal & Goal II (hanging out for Goal III!)
American Pie series
The Longest Yard
Mean Machine
Once Were Warriors
I Am Legend
Transformers
Fast and Furious
Wedding Crashers
Anything with Adam Sandler!

Much more...

DIEHARD
07-08-09, 01:21 AM
I'm really enjoying Seinfeld atm.

Also you should check out BBC Knowledge. I've really enjoyed shows such as the UK Apprentice, Tough At The Top, The Restaurant, The Dragon's Den, Life of Grime. louis theroux's weird weekends etc

It's such an underrated channel.

~lee~
08-08-09, 10:13 PM
I love the louis theroux programmes, he has met some very strange people over the years. I think his older shows are better than the newer ones because he seems to start his shows now with more obvious prejudice, they are still great though.
As a matter of fact on sunday he has a new one being shown here in the uk, he visits california to talk to people addicted to crystal meth.

DIEHARD
08-08-09, 10:25 PM
I love the louis theroux programmes, he has met some very strange people over the years. I think his older shows are better than the newer ones because he seems to start his shows now with more obvious prejudice, they are still great though.
As a matter of fact on sunday he has a new one being shown here in the uk, he visits california to talk to people addicted to crystal meth.

I just fell in love with him in the first episode. I love his style. Glad he is still going strong in the UK!

[BroncosGirl]
15-09-09, 05:19 PM
My friend and I just watched the whole of season 3 of the show Skins, its a bit difficult at first to get past not having the same characters, but I thought it was pretty good.

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 09:26 AM
Ive been watching a bit of Skins, can't believe they have an entire new cast. I'll have to check it out. I guess at least it'll keep it fresh.

DIEHARD
16-09-09, 09:29 AM
Ive been watching a bit of Skins lately, great show. It'd be weird to see a whole new cast, but at least that would keep it fresh.

[BroncosGirl]
16-09-09, 09:53 AM
Yeah the people who made it said they wanted to keep changing it because the actors were getting older and they didnt want to have like 22-25 year olds playing 18 year olds haha, unlike most shows on tv these days.

DIEHARD
14-10-09, 08:49 PM
I'm watching Entourage.

Australian Apprentice, I never seem to get tired of this format. I love to see people with big egos go down in flames or see smart and talented people pull it out of the fire.

Australia Secret Millionaire will be great. The UK show is fantastic, and ours will be narrated by Russell Crowe!

DIEHARD
14-10-09, 08:53 PM
Anyone remember this show Secret Valley used to be on the ABC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tecqb9pb0ss

DIEHARD
16-10-09, 01:03 AM
Just watched the Aussie Secret Millionaire. I didnt think it was as well put together as the UK original.

DIEHARD
17-10-09, 10:55 PM
Time to feel patriotic and proud... Aussie Ladette to Lady is on this Tuesday!

DIEHARD
25-11-09, 02:52 AM
My favourite show is definitely The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on the Comedy Channel. Check it out.

Loving the new channels on Foxtel as well. Loving having Sci Fi +2. :D

The new movie channels are welcome, for too long there was never any good movies on Foxtel.

I got to watch Arnie in Running Man the other day. :thumbsup:

hugebrianfan
25-11-09, 10:32 AM
I've just realised that reality TV shows are waaaay over the top today!

The last episode of packed to the rafters was on last night, i loved it. Can't wait until next season.

hugebrianfan
27-11-09, 11:51 AM
Did anyone watch the Arias last night?

i didnt think it was too bad, i was stoked that the hilltop hoods won their Arias and i thought that their performance was pretty good, in my opinion i thought it was the best of the night.

DIEHARD
27-11-09, 02:19 PM
I saw bits of the Arias. I love the Hill Top Hoods. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
27-11-09, 10:28 PM
Pursuit of Happyness is on Nine atm. One of my all time favourite movies.

hugebrianfan
30-11-09, 12:42 PM
Pursuit of Happyness is on Nine atm. One of my all time favourite movies.
Oh damn i bloody missed it, I love that movie.

I saw bits of the Arias. I love the Hill Top Hoods. :thumbsup:
Yeah they're great, i saw them live this year in sydney and wow that was fairly amazing. I actually write my own rap haha.

I also saw New moon on saturday night and was very disappointed in it, i don't like it at all.

DIEHARD
30-11-09, 05:23 PM
I love the hoods, Id love to seem em live. I guess I need to be less of a hermit.

Im seeing Powderfinger soon though.

I love Bliss and Eso and Regurgitar. But 2pac is my most favourite.

For those that care, the new Red Dwarf is on the ABC tonight! Red Dwarf is about the best show ever, so get into it! :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
04-12-09, 02:29 PM
There is an awesome doco series on Foxtel atm. It's on BIO and its about a group of novices given $1mill to put on the stockmarket. It's only the first ep this week.

And they lost $2k in the first day.

Check it out it should be interesting.

DIEHARD
30-01-10, 07:06 AM
Anyone an Entourage fan? New series on Arena every Wednesday night.

DIEHARD
26-05-10, 02:26 AM
Just getting into the Iraq War mini-series Generation Kill on Showtime.

It's very good. Check it out!

DIEHARD
10-08-14, 10:42 PM
What is everyone watching atm?

I've been watching Attack on Titan which is an anime. Just finished watching House of Cards season 2. Kevin Spacey is amazing.

Titanic
10-08-14, 11:12 PM
Finished Vikings 2 and considering True Detective but open to suggestions.

DIEHARD
10-08-14, 11:31 PM
Finished Vikings 2 and considering True Detective but open to suggestions.

I'm gonna get into Vikings tonight.

TITAN PETE
11-08-14, 09:38 AM
Loved Vikings , watching Gang Related & Tyrant atm both very good shows

Toads
11-08-14, 04:49 PM
I struggle to watch TV Drama shows etc. I haven't been able bring myself to watch Game of Thrones yet. Nowadays, it's just News, Sports and Docudrama's. Treehouse Masters and Redwood Kings are two current ones I'm into..

DIEHARD
11-08-14, 05:08 PM
I struggle to watch TV Drama shows etc. I haven't been able bring myself to watch Game of Thrones yet. Nowadays, it's just News, Sports and Docudrama's. Treehouse Masters and Redwood Kings are two current ones I'm into..

Treehouse Masters. Fulfilling childhood dreams of living in a giant treehouse. It's a cool show.