PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing hobbies

DIEHARD
10-01-09, 09:22 AM
Have you ever had an embarrassing hobby?

I remember when I was younger I had a few and still have many, I'm sure many of you can testify to that.

The oddest one I had was collecting spoons. It's the oddest and weirdest thing, I even had a display case. I still can't get my head around my motivation. Although they were pretty cool spoons from all around the place.

I also used to love gardening, something which has completely disappeared. But something I might love to try and give a chance to return. I used to watch Burke's Backyard religiously, but I think the whole thing is something I got off my grandma.

I have another old hobby, this started at Expo 88 in Brissie. Collecting those little click on koalas with different hats and stuff.

But I still have heaps of current embarrassing hobbies. Collecting novelisations of bad movies, collecting board games such as Murder She Wrote and Columbo, collecting comics by the hundreds, collecting little army men, collecting old Nintendo games that I don't have, collecting movie and footy tickets that I've been to, collecting old VHS cassettes of movies and tv shows never good enough to warrant a DVD release and heaps of other stuff.

I also follow this sport called rugby league... ;)

What are some of your embarrassing hobbies?

Timmy Titans
10-01-09, 10:02 AM
Something embarrassing yet useful is i know where just about every bus on the northside of Brisbane goes and most of its route.

I also collect old tickets to just about wherever i get one and put them all in a box. And i cant let them get any creases in them

Hoppy2007Dragons
10-01-09, 04:12 PM
I keeep al lmy footy tickets, origin, nrl games, tests, even added a few soccer and cricket stubs as well, back in early high scholl use to collect and paint warhammer spacemarines, i was a **** painter and it was exspensive so i grew out of it.

Capital_Shark
10-01-09, 06:30 PM
I post on this forum :?)

sportzstar_01
11-01-09, 04:29 PM
I post on this forum :?)
lol.I have the most embarrsing and know one will beat it.Wanking with my boner.

Paul
11-01-09, 04:35 PM
Wow brad, that is an epic list of embarassment

Ryan
11-01-09, 05:19 PM
lol.I have the most embarrsing and know one will beat it.It is wanking with my boner:?)
Hey DIEHARD,

Can we keep this meth-head on the forum for a little while? He might end up being a mild form of entertainment for some.
He could even turn out to be a good character model for one of your futuristic novels, where aliens come to take over the earth but are repelled by the use of methamphetamine weapons.

I dunno, just a thought...............

dee13
11-01-09, 08:16 PM
I am a hopeless autograph hunter. This weekend at the beach cricket I managed to accumulate 200 signatures off about 26 guys. At Indy over the 4 days each year I usually get about 500-600 autographs. My Titans autoraphs for the last 2 years are uncounted as yet but I would have at least 400.

dee13
11-01-09, 08:18 PM
I used to collect Michael Jordan cards. I have not added to them for a while. The ones I need are pretty expensive. I have around 2000 different Jordan cards.

Im a bit of a horder.

shamus
12-01-09, 02:53 PM
Not so embarrassing but when I was a kid I used to collect model warplanes and spend days and days putting them together. Come Cracker night (does anyone remember those??) I used to tie the model planes to the Hills Hoist, add a touch of mower fuel, attach tom thumbs (sometimes tuppeny bungers....boy they made a mess) light the wicks, swing the clothesline and watch all my models disintegrate....Did it for 3 years but too bloody expensive in the end...

No such thing as camcorders back then but it was awesome watching them 'crash and burn'.......

Super Cronk
12-01-09, 06:01 PM
I used to collect Michael Jordan cards. I have not added to them for a while. The ones I need are pretty expensive. I have around 2000 different Jordan cards.

Im a bit of a horder.

i used to collect nba cards aswell...had folders and folders full...dont know what happened to them tho...we moved house and i never saw em again...:mad:

Steve
14-01-09, 12:24 PM
Nothing embarassing here, everything I do is totally awesome. ;)

But collector cards, used to collect all the rugby league ones as a kid.
Not entirely sure what happened to them, I'm sure I still had them when I left home and my mother still has boxes of my stuff from them, but didn't find any when I went through the boxes.

I remember in school playing a flick game with them too, winner takes all.
I was in luck as a Panthers fan, most people only wanted Bulldogs and Eels cards at the time so I could often trade them. Although I usually had to give the Eels cards to my bandwagoning little sister. ;)

GCT_89
14-01-09, 01:02 PM
embarrassing hobbies?

when i think about it, i only have time for one hobby and that would be footy........which in no way is embarrassing......although some people cant understand it.....

ive got nice collections of
titans merch
NRL merch (Game day tickets too)
90% 2007 select NRL trading cards (missing a few of the special special special cards)
the 08 Courirer Mail NRL trading cards.....entire set.....

then theres UNI and Work..............i call them my annoying hobbies.....