PDA

View Full Version : Titans Harold Matthews 2009 draw

DIEHARD
04-01-09, 11:30 PM
HAROLD MATTHEWS 2009 (UNDER 16'S)

http://www.titans.com.au/userfiles/image/2009%20Harrold%20Mats%20Draw.jpg

dee13
05-01-09, 12:06 PM
I was in the 1984 Newtown Campelltown Jets Harold Matthews cup team.
I would love to go see my old team Vs my new team in round 6 at Henson.

DIEHARD
20-02-09, 04:12 PM
TITANS JUNIORS AT HOME TO ST GEORGE

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans? SG Ball and Harold Matthews sides will play their first home game of the season this Saturday when they host the St George Dragons at Boyd St Oval, Tugun.

The Jamie O?Connor-coached SG Ball (under-18s) side is chasing its second win after defeating Wests in round 1 last week, while the club?s new Harold Matthews (under-16s) side is hoping to register its historic first victory.

Harold Matthews kicks-off at 1pm while SG Ball commences at 2.30pm.

The Titans? under-14s and under-15s junior development sides will also be playing matches, taking on Ipswich at 4pm and 5pm respectively.

Gates open at 10.30am for a clash between the under-13s CRL Group 18 v Ipswich. Admission is $5.

Source: Titans

Sydney Titans Fanatic
24-02-09, 03:12 PM
Is anybody going out to the game at north sydney oval i might go not sure yet

dee13
02-03-09, 04:46 PM
Our Harold Mathews Cup team scored a very convincing win over the Melbourne Storm at Tugun on the weekend. Congratulations boys on a great effort.

Titans 40 - Storm 6

dee13
02-03-09, 05:00 PM
In round 1 our boys went down against the Magpies 26-12

Round 2 we played St George and got a good win up 38-8

Our Harold Mathews boys are also coming 6th in their comp.:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
02-03-09, 11:42 PM
Titans juniors score double victory

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans? junior representative sides have completed their first winning double of the season, with both teams running out winners at Boyd St Oval, Tugun on Saturday.

The Titans? Harold Matthews side notched its second straight win of the season with a resounding 40-6 victory over Southwest Sydney Academy of Sport.

Prop Brandon Tago scored two of his side?s eight tries while fullback Jake Sands scored a try and kicked four goals for a personal haul of 12 points.

The club double was then completed later in the day when the Titans? SG Ball side registered an impressive 28-6 win over Melbourne Storm.

The Titans? backline had a field day in the six-tries-to-one win, with centre Jareth Vaoa and Rowen Klein both scoring doubles.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

dee13
07-03-09, 09:20 AM
Good luck to our young Harold Mathews boys down at Erskinville Oval this afternoon against North Sydney Bears.

How good would it be to go and watch the games at North Sydney today. 4 games are being played Titans V Bears and also Eels V Rabbitohs in both Mathews Cup and S.G. Ball. Some future stars on show, Im sure.

dee13
07-03-09, 05:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS
Our Harold Mathews Cup team have just racked up another 40 points to cruise to an easy win over the North Sydney Bears.

The final result Titans 40 beat Bears 12

That puts the boys in 3rd place with 2 games to be decided this weekend. Our for and against reads 130 for and 52 against. These are awesome results.

dee13
11-03-09, 05:49 PM
SOURCE: www.titans.com.au

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans fans are preparing for a footy extravaganza on their doorstep this weekend, with the club?s senior and junior sides both doing battle on the Gold Coast.

The Titans of tomorrow ? the club?s Harold Matthews (under-16) and SG Ball (under-18s) sides ? will kick-off a bumper weekend of footy at Boyd Street Oval on Saturday afternoon when they take on the Penrith Panthers.

The Titans? NRL and NYC sides will then take centre stage at Skilled Park on Sunday for their eagerly anticipated season-opening clash against Newcastle.

The footy feast will mark the first time in the club?s history that all four grades will be playing on the Gold Coast on the same weekend ? with the under-16s making their debut in the Harold Matthews competition this year.

Both Titans? junior representative teams have made flying starts in their respective competitions to be sitting in fourth position on the ladder after four rounds.

The Titans? Harold Matthews side continued their winning way last weekend with a dominant 40-12 win over Norths ? which marked their third victory from their opening four matches.

The club?s SG Ball outfit also scored a big win away from home last Saturday, a 52-22 win over Norths moving them into fourth spot on the ladder on six competition points.

Jetstar Titans coaching and development manager Gavin Judd said both sides were gearing up for physical encounters against Penrith.

?Penrith traditionally have a strong junior base and they always figure prominently in the junior competitions,?? said Judd.

Titans fans are urged to get out and support their junior teams before Sunday?s anticipated season opening clash against Newcastle.

Admission at Boyd St Oval is $5.

1pm (QLD time) Harold Matthews Titans v Panthers
2.30pm (QLD time) SG Ball Titans v Panthers

DIEHARD
13-03-09, 03:53 PM
Event: SG Ball & Harold Matthews Round 5
Venue: Betty Diamond Sports Ground, Boyd Street, Tugun
Date: 14th Mar 2009
Start Time: 1:00pm
End Time: 4:00pm

Description:
The Junior Titans teams, the SG Ball Under 18`s and Harold Matthews Under 16`s, take on Penrith in Round 5 of their competitions. Support our junior teams by coming along to their second last home game of the season. Harold Matthews Titans v Penrith kicks off at 1pm and SG Ball Titans v Penrith kicks off at 2.30pm. All times quted are QLD time

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

dee13
15-03-09, 07:59 AM
These young lads are carving it up week to week.

This week the boys posted an impressive 40-16 win over the Panthers. They have put themselves in 2nd place on the ladder behind the Bulldogs who are yet to loose a game.

AWESOME EFFORT BOYS!!!!!

Diehard.... it seems like you and I are the only people interested in the juniors.... Come on guys, these kids are doing a great job and deserve some recognition.

isaiah
15-03-09, 08:52 AM
include me in that interest, thanks
durheim, barlen wilson, and gronvold were the best out there for me

TITAN PETE
16-03-09, 05:17 PM
These young lads are carving it up week to week.

This week the boys posted an impressive 40-16 win over the Panthers. They have put themselves in 2nd place on the ladder behind the Bulldogs who are yet to loose a game.

AWESOME EFFORT BOYS!!!!!

Diehard.... it seems like you and I are the only people interested in the juniors.... Come on guys, these kids are doing a great job and deserve some recognition.

Not true Dee , i love all the Titans junior sides & my mates son plays SG ball & i was just on the phone to him talking about the match & as happy as they are they don't want to get ahead of themselves & they are preparing for much tougher games coming up in the next few weeks starting with the Roosters but as i said to him,"You can't do much more than win" :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
16-03-09, 05:36 PM
I think every Titan fan would have an interest, it's just such a new thing for Queensland rugby league fans to have FOUR teams to support in their club.

The more stories, opinions and details we post the more people who will be more interested.

I'd love to get a game personally. We should make an effort for Round 7 March 28 against the Steelers at Tungan.

It's actually the last opportunity of the season. Exceot finals.

isaiah
17-03-09, 02:17 AM
with our draw getter easier the next 4 weeks, we should finish 3rd or maybe even 2nd because the 2 undefeated teams above us play each other in round 7.
a win in the first week of the finals may pit us against the loser of the round 7 game, giving us a chance to make the GF of this comp in our first attempt.
i cannot get over how good durheim was on saturday and how big the penrith prop was, lol

footyfan09
17-03-09, 05:14 PM
What about the Halfback for the HM? Blonde headed kid.

bumpa8
17-03-09, 06:29 PM
That blonde haired kid is Sam Short, great player he also had a great game last week.

dee13
22-03-09, 09:26 AM
14 -14 draw aginst the Sydney City Roosters at Henson Park

The boys are in 4th place with 3 rounds remaining. We have what looks like 3 easy games aswell.

isaiah
28-03-09, 05:55 PM
14 -14 draw aginst the Sydney City Roosters at Henson Park

The boys are in 4th place with 3 rounds remaining. We have what looks like 3 easy games aswell.

won today 44-12 v steelers

dee13
28-03-09, 07:14 PM
Another great win.

I don't know if you have realised it yet but the Titans had a clean sweep this weekend winning all 4 grades

bumpa8
28-03-09, 08:35 PM
I thought todays games were great, considering the wind held up the ball a few times almost long enough for us to try and win the ball back, it worked at one stage with Corey regathering from kickoff which resulted in the Titans try.

Well done boys. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the Tugun RLFC who have been great hosts to both the Titans and away teams.

It's all away games from here on in, so Good luck boys.

isaiah
29-03-09, 07:43 AM
I thought todays games were great, considering the wind held up the ball a few times almost long enough for us to try and win the ball back, it worked at one stage with Corey regathering from kickoff which resulted in the Titans try.

Well done boys. :thumbsup:

Thanks to the Tugun RLFC who have been great hosts to both the Titans and away teams.

It's all away games from here on in, so Good luck boys.

who were your best?
where can i read a detailed report of the game on the net?

bumpa8
29-03-09, 11:29 AM
who were your best?
where can i read a detailed report of the game on the net?
Isaiah,

I thought Tom Rowles was outstanding from hooker, Corey McGrady, Barlen Wilson as always great runs. I guess having the front rower Brandon back from injury also played well.

As for the detailed report I really don't know where to find it. If you know can you please post a link on here. I seen the guy from the NSW Rugby League he does a report on these games for the NRL he sits up in the clubhouse all the time, I keep forgetting to ask him where we can read up on his reports.

isaiah
30-03-09, 11:45 AM
Isaiah,

I thought Tom Rowles was outstanding from hooker, Corey McGrady, Barlen Wilson as always great runs. I guess having the front rower Brandon back from injury also played well.

As for the detailed report I really don't know where to find it. If you know can you please post a link on here. I seen the guy from the NSW Rugby League he does a report on these games for the NRL he sits up in the clubhouse all the time, I keep forgetting to ask him where we can read up on his reports.

what about the 18's, bumpa, who were your best there?

and can you post last week's teams of the week from the program?

bumpa8
30-03-09, 03:03 PM
what about the 18's, bumpa, who were your best there?

and can you post last week's teams of the week from the program?
Isaiah,

I thought Leon was great as were the other forwards. Leon played in the South Coast Trials last Thursday and to back up again on Saturday and perform well was awsome. JV or JP who also trialled last Thursday went extremely well. Srama and Parker-Walshe as always great performances. Although there was a new player, forgot his number came in off the bench as half-back who appeared alright maybe could have had more game time to see what he can do.

The teams were:
Harold Matts:
Justin Proud
Nathaniel Regueira
Ben Mariu-James
James Dunley
Barlen Wilson
Cory McGrady
Sam Short
Nic Crompton
Tom Rowles
Andrew Vela
Chris Moke
Kael Smith
Sam Harrold
Tom Sunderland (didn't play)
Jacob Orr
Jack Durheim
Brandon Tago
I'm missing a name here that wasn't on the program.

SG Ball:
Japeth Vaoa
Ben Greber
Rowen Klein
Guy Borgas
Bradley Hicks
Michael Parker-Walshe
Matt Srama
Jarrod Wallace
Sam Meskell
Lain Windley
Leon Taylor
Damian Sironen
Jackson Springer
Sam Irwin
Denham Blackburn
Tyson Skyring
Reece Worboys
Sam Ross

shamus
30-03-09, 03:26 PM
http://www.ourfootyteam.com/index.php .......Old Harold Mathews and S.G. Ball info........

http://www.ourfootyteam.com/09_harold_matthews_cup_gallery_rnd4_bears_v_titans .php .........good for any of these kids parents who get to see son in action and are not aware of this site.

This site is not updated that often and is mainly New South Wales based but there is occasional good stuff to be found. Hence the second link....

footyfan09
31-03-09, 12:33 PM
Was a good game last weekend, watched only the HM and agree with the Mcgrady, Wilson and Rowles had strong games, Tago was outstanding and good to see Short improve his defensive game. The combination with Mcgrady is working well as apparently they play club football together as well.

isaiah
04-04-09, 12:17 AM
Was a good game last weekend, watched only the HM and agree with the Mcgrady, Wilson and Rowles had strong games, Tago was outstanding and good to see Short improve his defensive game. The combination with Mcgrady is working well as apparently they play club football together as well.
and in the u18's, who did you think?

isaiah
04-04-09, 12:19 AM
Isaiah,

I thought Leon was great as were the other forwards. Leon played in the South Coast Trials last Thursday and to back up again on Saturday and perform well was awsome. JV or JP who also trialled last Thursday went extremely well. Srama and Parker-Walshe as always great performances. Although there was a new player, forgot his number came in off the bench as half-back who appeared alright maybe could have had more game time to see what he can do.

The teams were:
Harold Matts:
Justin Proud
Nathaniel Regueira
Ben Mariu-James
James Dunley
Barlen Wilson
Cory McGrady
Sam Short
Nic Crompton
Tom Rowles
Andrew Vela
Chris Moke
Kael Smith
Sam Harrold
Tom Sunderland (didn't play)
Jacob Orr
Jack Durheim
Brandon Tago
I'm missing a name here that wasn't on the program.

SG Ball:
Japeth Vaoa
Ben Greber
Rowen Klein
Guy Borgas
Bradley Hicks
Michael Parker-Walshe
Matt Srama
Jarrod Wallace
Sam Meskell
Lain Windley
Leon Taylor
Damian Sironen
Jackson Springer
Sam Irwin
Denham Blackburn
Tyson Skyring
Reece Worboys
Sam Ross

thanks for that but i was asking about the teams of the week selected in the program from ALL the teams each week.

isaiah
04-04-09, 09:56 PM
loss today v central coast shouldn't change the final standing after next week's last round. 4th place will give them a meeting with the 9th team in week one of the finals, and hopefully a win

dee13
13-04-09, 04:34 PM
The Harold Matthews Cup boys smashed the Western Sydney Academy team 64-0 on the weekend at St Marys in Sydney.

The lads ran 4th in the competition and will now face 9th place Centeral Coast Storm at Henson Park, 10:30am on 18th April.

Good luck boys. Do us proud.

isaiah
13-04-09, 04:47 PM
loss today v central coast shouldn't change the final standing after next week's last round. 4th place will give them a meeting with the 9th team in week one of the finals, and hopefully a win

central coast beat us 2 weeks ago but lost this last saturday to the 8th placed sharks
hopefully we can play better against them in sydney than at their home ground in wyong.
with a win we get the winner of 5th v 8th, knights v sharks, in the second week

go the titans 16's

bumpa8
14-04-09, 06:09 AM
The boys played well on the weekend. They tried very hard to keep WSAS from crossing the line, and it paid off. There were very little mistakes made by our boys and that showed on the scoreboard. This gave the boys a chance to go through their moves and structures. The return of Tom Sunderland from a groin unjury was a blessing as his services are always a welcome to both Shorty and McGrady. Sunderland himself was rewarded for his quick services crossing the line for a try. All the boys played well so I don't have any picks for this week. Only two injuries that I know off from this game are Crompton with his ankle and Tago a corked thigh. Hopefully these guys will recover in time for the weekend for revenge against Cental Coast. If not I guess this opens the door for the return of Lloyd Perrett from injury. Perrett was on standby last weekend in case Tago or Crompton weren't okay in time for the game. Well done boys on your win on this last game of the round. Good luck for this weeks game, I'm sure our boys will come away with a well deserved revenge win at Henson Park. I think we can afford to rest Tago or Crompton this week if they don't recover in time.

isaiah
18-04-09, 01:51 PM
The boys played well on the weekend. They tried very hard to keep WSAS from crossing the line, and it paid off. There were very little mistakes made by our boys and that showed on the scoreboard. This gave the boys a chance to go through their moves and structures. The return of Tom Sunderland from a groin unjury was a blessing as his services are always a welcome to both Shorty and McGrady. Sunderland himself was rewarded for his quick services crossing the line for a try. All the boys played well so I don't have any picks for this week. Only two injuries that I know off from this game are Crompton with his ankle and Tago a corked thigh. Hopefully these guys will recover in time for the weekend for revenge against Cental Coast. If not I guess this opens the door for the return of Lloyd Perrett from injury. Perrett was on standby last weekend in case Tago or Crompton weren't okay in time for the game. Well done boys on your win on this last game of the round. Good luck for this weeks game, I'm sure our boys will come away with a well deserved revenge win at Henson Park. I think we can afford to rest Tago or Crompton this week if they don't recover in time.

someone must have a score, did we win?

dee13
18-04-09, 04:49 PM
It looks like our Mattys Cup boys have gone down to Centeral Coast Storm 30-36.

From what I can make out, we are safe due to the Roosters and Sharks losing and the Magpies V Panthers and Rabbitohs and Dragons results to still come through. All of these teams finished below us in the regular season. With only 8 spots in the next round we look like going through.