PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast United 09/2010

GC09
21-12-08, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, football and league fan here.

Anyone gona support United next season of the A-league?

Also if you like you can sign up onto the Gold Coast United FC forum although it is pretty small at the moment, more people needed! cheers.

http://goldcoastunited.freeforums.org/

daveyk
21-12-08, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, football and league fan here.

Anyone gona support United next season of the A-league?

Also if you like you can sign up onto the Gold Coast United FC forum although it is pretty small at the moment, more people needed! cheers.

http://goldcoastunited.freeforums.org/

yeh mate.... i will be there....
have always been a fan of football and dont need much of an excuse to spend more time at skilled

Paul
22-12-08, 10:08 PM
I'll be a season ticket holder. It'll be awesome to have a season ticket all year round at skilled park

curly_11
03-02-09, 11:44 AM
I'll be a season ticket holder. It'll be awesome to have a season ticket all year round at skilled park

As will i! im a huge football fan and the United team is shaping up really well. I may aswell just sleep at skilled! As i will be there all year round :drool:

TITAN PETE
03-02-09, 11:59 AM
I'll be there too!!

shamus
05-02-09, 12:17 PM
Geez...prices are out.......Damned expensive

http://mk.footballaustralia.com.au/mk/get/GC_ENEWS_20090105?_ED=DIl0ZpTEEU2pEAWEXnBvkQ

shamus
05-02-09, 12:20 PM
Gunna need that $950 from Rudd to get my membership.........hey and no family pricing for Cat 3 (Home Bay)

TITAN PETE
05-02-09, 04:52 PM
Shamus did u notice the unlicensed section is next to the largest bar in the stadium :dizzy:

shamus
05-02-09, 05:03 PM
Shamus did u notice the unlicensed section is next to the largest bar in the stadium :dizzy:

haha...Nope...didn't pick up on that one. I don't normally go around that side of the stadium....and you can get family tickets... :ugh:

daveyk
05-02-09, 05:11 PM
hahah...yeh good pick up on that one pete...

i am hoping to be there for sure... in the home bay is my pick.

i actually dont think that the prices are too bad... well for the home bay anyway. considering we pay $250 for 12 games of league in the same spot where this is only $199 for 14 games....

hrrmmmm..... for $449 i get to spend 26 games of football at skilled....

woot woot... bring it on

Paul
05-02-09, 06:37 PM
I think it's cheap and I'm with dave I'll be in the home members bays in the north stand

$200 well spent

kwigibo
05-02-09, 08:34 PM
$140 with a concession, and the home bay is the best seats for this code, it's a steal.

quins rl
05-02-09, 08:40 PM
As a life-long GOONER i will be supporting the boys,pleased to hear you all refer to it as football and not "soccer" :thumbsup:

daveyk
05-02-09, 11:25 PM
i may get shot at close range for the following comment but you know what, i dont care.....

"It is the ONLY real form of Football" Using solely your feet, means you are playing FOOTball.

i love my footy though.... but thats what it is to me... footy!!!

am so pumped for spending a year in Skilled Park.....

isnt the A-league season still under way????

shamus
06-02-09, 11:02 AM
Let me have a guess here.....Everybody saying that this is cheap has no kids.....or that they don't intend having them join. I would like membership in the Home Bay and it is expensive. I have 2 sons interested in joining plus my wife. My sons qualify for 'child' prices. However to sit in the home bay it is going to cost me $678. If the family of 5 option was available I calculate it would cost me $433 plus I get an extra seat! (Cat 1 is 440 + 117.5% = $957) so I calculated 199 + 117.5% = $433....not that good at maths so I hope I haven't made a goose of myself. Anyways...back on topic. I do have the option to join Cat 3 and 'hope' that I am near the Home Bay but I am not likely to gamble on that......So my options are...........1/ Fork out $678...2/ Gamble on seats in Cat 3 (NO) or 3/ Don't take my sons. I am probably going to use Option 3 and 'interchange' my wife and kids..That's about the only option I can afford.

P.S. I also think there is a lack of 'memorabilia' for inaugural members. I remember when a-league started there were similar items given to members that the Titans give to the members each year. Such as cap etc. I'm pretty sure Qld Roar gave out a pin as well....(rather that than a key ring) could be wrong there...maybe thinking of another club but you get my meaning

Paul
06-02-09, 09:30 PM
i may get shot at close range for the following comment but you know what, i dont care.....

"It is the ONLY real form of Football" Using solely your feet, means you are playing FOOTball.

agree with your whole post Dave

and QLD are currently 2-0 up away from home against the central coast. 2 away goals will be priceless when they come back to suncorp

goldcoastitans
08-02-09, 12:43 PM
YEH YEH 1 yr membership at Skilled ......Cannot wait .....oh how i love the GC!!

GCT_89
09-02-09, 11:17 PM
hell yea.....this should be pretty sweet...... i love being a student.....
$340 for all year round.....lol

ummmm not sure, where everyones wanting to sit, but you may have noticed that the entire stadium is reserve seating which means no grabbing random tickets or whatever and then sitting together..........

we need to somehow all get seats together............

Steve
10-02-09, 12:35 AM

There's definitely differing opinions on that. ;)

The words 'soccer' and 'rugger' were in common use in England in the early 1890s at Oxford University. The words emanate from where the rules of their version of football originated. In soccer's case, it was the formation of the Football Association. Rugger is a variation of Rugby School football rules, and later the Rugby Football Union.

The argument that soccer - being a game where the ball is only played with the foot - is the only true form of football (and it alone is therefore entitled to use the name) is fanciful.

When F.C. Morely drafted the first version of the F.A.'s football rules (1863) handling of the ball, and indeed, running with the ball in hand, were allowed whenever a player took a "fair catch" or picked the ball up on the first bounce.

From here http://www.rl1908.com/History/football.htm
Good read!

Anyhow, from what shamus says, sounds like families are getting shafted. Mind you, we saw the Titans shaft families with a family being one adult and one child!
As much as sporting teams try to push the family thing they really don't make it easy for families to get along to games. Let's face it, they have about as much chance of filling the stadium as Tonga has of winning the next cricket world cup. Affordable family prices would at least get a couple more bums on seats.

goldcoastitans
15-02-09, 06:34 PM
ok im ready to buy my tickets as soon as everyone else is, i think we should all get together and get our memberships together so that we are all in a row together and not all over the place :)

who is in???

Steel Dragon
24-02-09, 01:16 AM
As a life-long GOONER i will be supporting the boys,pleased to hear you all refer to it as football and not "soccer" :thumbsup:

You doufuss! "Soccer" is an abbreviation of "association", as in "association football", and thus is a perfectly legitimate name for the sport. Even the poms use it occasionally. :)

p.s. Sydney FC all the way, unless my beloved Wolves come back in some guise or other.

p.p.s. Glory Glory Man United!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
26-02-09, 02:24 AM
This shall be an exciting team to watch, especially because they have skilled park as there home crowd, they have great players and this will be my a league team GO UNITED!!!!!WOOOOO