PDA

View Full Version : NT Titans new era

DIEHARD
05-12-08, 04:55 PM
A NEW look for a new era.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2008/12/04/Titan-logo.jpg

That is how Northern Territory Rugby League general manager Gary Launt has described the more-modern NT Titans logo.

With Territory rugby league going on to the national landscape at under-18 and under-16 level in 2009, league officials have breathed fresh life into their identity.

Launt believes it was time the logo, which is their symbol, needed a slight makeover.

"I'm a major fan of this logo - it comes across a bit tougher and more intimidating than the old one," Launt said.

"That style of logo served its purpose but this is a new era for rugby league in the Territory and our new logo is evidence of the new brand."

While there are elements of the new, Launt said it was imperative that the Titans nickname was retained for the teams lining-up in the national SG Ball (under-18) and Harold Matthews (under-16) competitions.

"If you play for the Territory at any level from senior all the way through to the juniors - you are the Titans no matter what," he said.

"All our teams are the NT Titans and we're very proud of that fact."

And traditionalists will also be happy that the Titans strip for the national competition features the distinctive Territory ochre, even though the jersey will be different compared to those donned at the Australian Championship level.

"I love the ochre, no-one else has those colours and for me is quintessentially Territorian," he said.

While the official jersey has not been released yet, the Northern Territory News understands the ochre will be intertwined with a prominently white base.

Meanwhile, both the under-18 and under-16 squads are training hard at Richardson Park ahead of the naming of the 25-man squads before to Christmas.

Source: http://www.ntnews.com.au

DIEHARD
05-12-08, 04:58 PM
I'm really impressed with this. I think NT will prove to be a rich rugby league territory for us. Well done, hopefully we will see some of these lads reach the top in the NRL.

GCT_89
05-12-08, 05:06 PM
A NEW look for a new era.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2008/12/04/Titan-logo.jpg

With Territory rugby league going on to the national landscape at under-18 and under-16 level in 2009, league officials have breathed fresh life into their identity.

While there are elements of the new, Launt said it was imperative that the Titans nickname was retained for the teams lining-up in the national SG Ball (under-18) and Harold Matthews (under-16) competitions.

i havent ever heard of the NT TITANS.......and im a lil confused......

are they in the SG Ball and Harold Mathews comps........

as in will the GC Titans front up against the NT Titans???

Paul
05-12-08, 05:11 PM
Not a huge fan of the logo tbh,the white bit of the "titan" especially

I'm like adam,I didn't even know about them.Should be interesting to have a NT team anyways

Coaster
05-12-08, 08:30 PM
If there associated with the GC Titans then that Logo is wrong!!

The whole premise of having a logo is so the public can associate them with the current NRL team, and i can not see the point in throwing a team in NT a bucket load of money for nothing.

Wrong move imo

DIEHARD
05-12-08, 08:34 PM
The NT Titans predates the Gold Coast Titans, at least as far as I can remember.

There are a lot of rugby league players in NT, hopefully something which will grow with stuff like the Titans v Sharks trial game and it's good that they have a pathway now.