PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2008

DIEHARD
02-12-08, 11:26 AM
Welcome to the Christmas 2008. A place to share the holiday joy with other Titans fans.

DIEHARD
02-12-08, 11:27 AM
Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?

Probably best to start early and avoid the onslaught.

titanstattman
02-12-08, 11:34 AM
Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?

Probably best to start early and avoid the onslaught.

I started last week next week i'll start for family

The 5k lights go on the house tonight

Dummy Half
02-12-08, 11:38 AM
I don't mind the onslaught to be honest
every shop fighting with each other for the cheapest prices
making things cheaper and cheaper until i walk in at the right moment &
get the cheapest stuff ;)
plus you don't see such a communal gathering (like christmas shoppers shopping) much these days, except at footy games!
-

DIEHARD
02-12-08, 12:43 PM
Gotta take some pics of those lights for us Doug.

Yea Dummy Half, I don't mind it....just as long as I can get a car park. I think I'll just organise public transport or getting picked up and dropped off instead. It get's savage out there in the parking lot.

One thing that bothers me is how many centres, malls and shops sterilise Christmas of it's relgious meaning. You are flat out trying to find anything religious or anything about Jesus out there. It's all Satan sorry Santa and imps sorry elves and candy canes and snow.

But even that they are sterlising and instead of green and red decorations they go all arty and modern to the point of it barely being recognisable as Christmas of any definition of the holiday.

I miss the nativities and I also miss the old school christmas displays in shop windows.

But just as long as I get to watch that stop mation Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, I will survive.

titanstattman
02-12-08, 01:14 PM
Yes they look great wen they up we got all kind of things up.....

daveyk
02-12-08, 09:29 PM
i went over to dougs this arvo after work and put up the rest of the lights (sorry there is still another 2000 in storage) doug had to goto work

its lookin good, will try and get some pics for u guys

Nathalie
04-12-08, 09:59 AM
When it comes to Christmas shopping, going to the shops to do it..?

I.

Hate.

People.

titanstattman
04-12-08, 11:57 AM
Boxing day party at mine.......

hugebrianfan
04-12-08, 01:30 PM
chrstmas this year is going to be great, Family wooo. And im getting my nose pierced

Steve
04-12-08, 02:35 PM
I'm off to Sydney for a couple weeks over xmas, spend it with the family.
Not doing much in the way of gifts. I'm already a couple hundred behind just getting there, without then buying crap no one wants for everyone. :D

Dummy Half
04-12-08, 06:34 PM
Christmas will be nice...
but BOXING DAY is where the fun is for me
Im flying down to Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test! :D
I shall see the 'G' in all its glory for the fist time
Can't Wait!
-

Titans Rock
04-12-08, 11:17 PM
i'll be doing shopping in the next week or so :) does not feel like its nearly xmas at all!! its come in a rush!

DIEHARD
04-12-08, 11:34 PM
i'll be doing shopping in the next week or so :) does not feel like its nearly xmas at all!! its come in a rush!

Yea I know what you mean Titans Rock. I think you really need to warm up to Christmas over the space of a month to really get into it and make it feel like it really is Christmas time.

I'm definitely going to soak up this holiday season!

DIEHARD
16-12-08, 07:09 PM
I just did some Christmas shopping at Garden City in Brisbane.

Lots of NRL gear amoung other things ;)

But was amazed how few people were at the shops. Anyone else think there hasn't been many? Or will people start to realise Christmas is upon us starting this Thursday night? :laugh:

Grimmace
16-12-08, 07:17 PM
There have been people at the shops i have noticed but it was mainly pensioners (Thanks to kevin rudd) but it should start hitting home very shortly as theres only 9 days to go my bet is there is going to be a mad spree to the shops this weekend.

daveyk
16-12-08, 08:13 PM
well i can say that robina town centre has been busy as.....

not too sure about anywhere else down here

Nathalie
17-12-08, 08:57 AM
Holiday pay comes through this week. Eight friggin' days before Christmas. Might as well walk through the middle of Iraq rather than Kmart, it'll be safer:censored:

Boofhead
17-12-08, 10:18 AM
Only Harvey Norman on the coast and it's been packed every day... Finally got a day off after a string of working benders.

Shoot me now! :fist:

Paul
17-12-08, 10:21 AM
Runaway bay shopping village has been mental.pensioners and 16 year old bogan single mothers everywhere :nope:

titanstattman
17-12-08, 10:28 AM
Its been pretty quiet here by the pool......

GCT_89
17-12-08, 11:14 AM
dont know about anywhere else, but Westfield, Chermside and Carindale have been hectic as hell latley.....

Nathalie
18-12-08, 10:07 AM
Yes have to do some shopping this week and next. Argh. Think I might just go in the pool and relax first haha

titanstattman
20-12-08, 10:09 PM
2008 has came and just about over, we have had a great frist year at skilled.

I have meant a real great bunch of fans that are not just friends wen we are at the footy so i would love to say a big thankyou for the year at the footy and away form the footy.

To all forum members i hav'nt meant we all butt heads at diffent times thru the year over diffent things but that is the best thing about a forum the way we all think about diffent things. I cant wait to talk alot more footy next year with u all...

So from Mel&Myself i would love to say a real big MERRY XMAS & HAPPY NEWYEAR too all i have meant & to the ones i hav'nt yet meant...

Mel & Doug/tatts

Super Cronk
20-12-08, 10:35 PM
how fast has the year gone!

daveyk
21-12-08, 01:37 AM
how fast has the year gone!

one day at a time ........
:D

dee13
21-12-08, 09:54 AM
To everyone at the forum,

On behalf of my family, to yours, I would like to wish everyone a very merry christmas and a safe and happy new year.

Dee, Tracey, Jasper, Bella, Indy and Tango the lorikeet
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r250/dennismulheron/PC190333.jpg
Jasper and I getting into the christmas spirit:D

Super Cronk
21-12-08, 10:40 AM
one day at a time ........
:D

:doh: :doh: .........

DIEHARD
22-12-08, 01:24 AM
Headed into town tomorrow to do some last minute shopping. Wish me luck!

Des
22-12-08, 02:46 PM
The cat looks real impressed. LOL! Merry Christmas to the Gold Coast Titans Forum members and their family and friends. May you all have a great chrissy and a safe and happy New Year.

DIEHARD
23-12-08, 08:05 AM
Shops were mad yesterday, cars parked everywhere, all over traffic islands and gardens. I'm gonna head out again today. Really pays to do this earlier.

I can't believe it's the 23rd already! :ugh:

hicksey
23-12-08, 08:12 AM
thats y i did mine at the start of the month

daveyk
23-12-08, 08:16 PM
okay then..... i am going to give the midnight shop a go....

have just one pressie to get so wanna get in and get out super quick

wich me luck guys....

p.s. am goin in :fight:

GCT_89
23-12-08, 08:44 PM
im gonna wait till about 2am before i go into chermside......

hopefully saving the hassle of parking.....lol

hicksey
23-12-08, 09:06 PM
i heard last yr it was packed even then coz most ppl had the same idea lol. i feel sorry 4 any1 who has to do xmas shopping tonight or tomorrow

daveyk
23-12-08, 10:55 PM
well... am ALL DONE

it wasnt too bad in at Pathetic Fair... plenty of parks and was out out of the by 10pm

GCT_89
24-12-08, 03:24 AM
all done for me too......just got back from westfield chermside and i dont actually remember what i bought................hmmmm.....might need some sleep...........

Hoppy2007Dragons
24-12-08, 11:11 AM
I dodged Chermside last night and hit brookside after work at 10pm, was dead and lots of shops closed, even though it was open till 12am, lucky what i needed was open.

Wishing everyone on the forum a very very merry christmas.

daveyk
24-12-08, 09:20 PM
hi everybody...

just would like to wish you and all your families a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Spend it well with whatever you do.

Many happy returns for the NEW YEAR.
Please make it a safe one., if you are driving, take regular breaks and stick to the limit... DONT DRINK n DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR MY TITAN FRIENDS

your Legion Resident DJ

DAVEY K :D

DIEHARD
25-12-08, 04:21 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! HAVE A GREAT DAY! :thumbsup:

hicksey
25-12-08, 05:50 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY1 LOVE U ALL. HOPE SANTA BRINGS U LOTS OF TITANS GEAR FOR THE NEW SEASON

love hicksey

C-Whiz
25-12-08, 09:58 AM
Merry Christmas to all forum users.

Wishing you all the best over the festive season.

Stay safe, be good and enjoy the rest of the year!

Cheers!

Poida
25-12-08, 10:13 AM
Happy Xmas everyone :)
Hope you all have a good day

Titanium_BD1103
25-12-08, 10:24 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone... hope the day is filled with lots of laughs, fun and joy for you all and may you celebrate this special occasion in true style..:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hicksey
25-12-08, 11:42 AM
so sad not one xmas gift was titans gear so going to cry. maybe they will take the hint at my 21st when the colours are blue and gold :P

Paul
25-12-08, 05:52 PM
I got a titans heritage jersey,titans doormat and titans gnome

\m/*_*\m/

Paul
25-12-08, 06:04 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/theredsunband/PC251110.jpg

Nathalie
25-12-08, 06:06 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/theredsunband/PC251110.jpg

LMAO!!! I am so getting one...

DIEHARD
25-12-08, 09:45 PM
The gnome looks awesome. As does the doormat, although I always thought it ironic to use your favourite teams logo as a doormat to wipe your muddy feet on.

You scored Paul.

I got amoung other things the Matty Johns book and Shane Webeke book. :thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
25-12-08, 11:01 PM
Merry Christmas all you Titans fans hope you all had an awesome day with the family/families and hope u all got wat u wanted from santa!!!

TITAN PETE
25-12-08, 11:31 PM
I got amoung other things the Matty Johns book and Shane Webeke book. :thumbsup:

I also got the Matty Johns book along with Beaver,Wayne Bennett,Adam Gilchrist & the 100 years of Rugby League(Awesome Book), i am a happy boy :)

Merry Xmas To All:D

daveyk
28-12-08, 09:54 AM
No titans gear... :(

however i did get a BBQ... it is just what i have always wanted