PDA

View Full Version : Fijians go World Cup mad

DIEHARD
08-11-08, 06:02 PM
Fiji coach ready to dish to Ireland

Coach Joe Rabele Dakuitoga rested his National Rugby League roster of players, giving island based players their chance at the Bluetongue Stadium, on Australia's central coast.

Dakuitoga is not fazed by the loss, his focus is on Ireland, on the Gold Coast, Monday.

"We are looking forward to that game, this is a big achievement for the Fiji National rugby league because it has been 16 years since it started, so it is big news," he said.

"There are alot of companies who will support, us now.

"To be in this stage is a blessing, we talked about it , and we are ready to give everything we have got got left, on Monday."

Coach Dakuitoga says the Fiji Pay TV station, MyTV has run out of satellite dishes, so hot is demand for the broadcast of the rugby league World Cup.

"We heard that they ran out of satellite in Fiji, because all the people are Fiji are running to them, because they have to change their antennae," Dakuitoga explained.

"MyTV is the only one running this World Cup on TV in Fiji and they have run out of transmission, but that is how well the boys are playing in this tournament."

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au

daveyk
09-11-08, 01:20 PM
that is awesome to hear..... cant wait for tomorrow night....

hicksey
09-11-08, 01:47 PM
whats the go for tomorrow night r we all still turning up in titans gear thats wat a few said at the png game

DIEHARD
09-11-08, 03:34 PM
Yea go Titans or World Cup gear.

It was great to see Knights fans wearing their gear at the New Zealand v England game in Newcastle.

I'm still struggling to work out who to support. It's not that I don't care, it's because I love both teams.

I think Fiji.

hicksey
09-11-08, 04:12 PM
i say we all turn up in titans like adam said last time.. what time r we meeting up

titanstattman
09-11-08, 08:41 PM
i say we all turn up in titans like adam said last time.. what time r we meeting up

I'll be there in my norm gear

GCT_89
09-11-08, 09:02 PM

actually....il be wearing my Australian Jersey with my titans hat.....the opposite to last week......

daveyk
09-11-08, 11:55 PM
actually....il be wearing my Australian Jersey with my titans hat.....the opposite to last week......

i will be in titans gear with an aussie hat.....

DIEHARD
10-11-08, 12:03 AM
I think I'll follow 89's lead and go a Roos jersey and Titans cap.