PDA

View Full Version : Titans fans @ World Cup, Skilled Park

DIEHARD
29-10-08, 12:47 AM
The game is this Saturday and we need as bigger a crowd as possible to see PNG beat NZ.

We all know the Kiwis turn out to games on the Coast, so hopefully we'll get a good crowd. But people need to know about it!

So tell everyone you know and get them to come to the World Cup on the Gold Coast.

I have 6 tickets for me, Goatus, Pat, my mate Josh, Bradley the Bronco and my mum. We have PNG shirts and we are ready to rock!

Who else is going?

hicksey
29-10-08, 01:06 AM
there is 2 extras with me and hopefully we will be sitting with paul, wade and the rest. lol soo count me, matt and lance in for saturday. is anyone going out after woulds coz we r booking a hotel and looking to go out if anyone else wants to join in

DIEHARD
29-10-08, 01:30 AM
Just sent out a rare forum email about the World Cup.

The Rugby League World Cup is HERE!

10 nations from around the world have arrived Down Under to wrestle the World Cup trophy from the grasp of the Kangaroos.

And the Gold Coast has the honour of hosting two top class matches.

This Saturday night we will see the New Zealand Kiwis play against the PNG Kumuls who are gunning for the upset of the World Cup against the Kiwis after nearly putting the English to the sword.

This is going to be a blockbuster match!

NEW ZEALAND vs PNG (Skilled Park, Gold Coast)

Saturday 1st November - 6:55pm AEST
Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=RLWCUP08

SEMI FINAL QUALIFIER WINNER POOL 2 v WINNER POOL 3

Monday 10th November - 6:55pm AEST
Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=RLWCUP08

The Qualifying Final will see the winner of Pool 1 (Tonga, Samoa, Ireland) play the winner of Pool 2 (Fiji, France, Scotland) in a match that gives one of these six teams the opportunity to take their place in the Rugby League World Cup Semi-Finals.

This is a call to arms to all Titans and rugby league fans in SEQLD to attend the World Cup and be a part of this exciting tournament.

Let's show the rugby league world why Titans fans are the best fans and show them that we love the international game.

Spread the word to fans, friends and family, the World Cup is coming to the Gold Coast this Saturday night!

Titans fans will also have the chance to cheer on one of their own with Titans Toyota Cup winger David Moore playing for the PNG Kumuls and coming off a fantastic game against the English.

See you at the World Cup!

BRAD "DIEHARD" NEWMAN
Titans Forum Administrator

World Cup tickets: http://www.ticketek.com.au

I can't wait to see David Moore play for PNG.

Boofhead
29-10-08, 03:18 AM
I'm there with my old man! Not in section 30 though, will run into you guys no doubt.

Go PNG!

DIEHARD
29-10-08, 03:35 AM
Oh guys that reminds me, the sections seem to be reallocated for the World Cup, so Section 30 at Titans games seems to be Section 29 at the World Cup.

Check a site map for the World Cup at Skilled Park before you buy tickets.

GCT_89
29-10-08, 08:35 AM
where are you sitting brad?

dean
29-10-08, 06:21 PM
I'm heading to the game on Saturday. The only info that i can find regarding game day is gate open time and kick off time.

Does anybody know if there is any pre game match or entertainment planned etc, prior to kick off. Don't want to turn up at 5.30 if nothing is happening. Any info would be much appreciated.

kwigibo
29-10-08, 10:48 PM
I'm still thinking about this one. My mum was born in PNG, so I feel like I should turn out for the Kumuls.

TITAN PETE
30-10-08, 12:00 AM
I'll be there with 3 others & i won't have a problem supporting PNG as they are almost another state of Australia :)

DIEHARD
30-10-08, 11:23 AM
I'm still thinking about this one. My mum was born in Port Morsby, so I feel like I should turn out for the Kumuls.

Yea come to the game mate!

You are eligible to play for PNG bro! :D

DIEHARD
03-11-08, 06:27 PM
Well done to everyone who came out! The crowd was probably 80% for PNG with all the Kiwis at home watching union. A shame in scheduling because it would have REALLY boosted the crowd, well into a very healthy range.

I encourage as many people as possible to get out to Skilled Park on Monday to see the Semi Final Qual.