PDA

View Full Version : Superman Escape at Movie World

Queenslander
26-11-05, 11:52 AM
OMG! this ride will be the best rollar-coaster in Australia 0-100 in 2 seconds. And the ride looks awesome. As soon as you walk into Movie World its there, just to terrify you. ;)

http://www.supermanescape.com.au/se/home.aspx?docId=2

DIEHARD
26-11-05, 04:20 PM
Does this mean they got rid of the Lethal Weapon?

Queenslander
26-11-05, 04:25 PM
Does this mean they got rid of the Lethal Weapon?

No, superman escape and the lethal weapon are practically right beside each other.

DIEHARD
26-11-05, 05:01 PM
No, superman escape and the lethal weapon are practically right beside each other.

Hell yea. I'll have to visit.

Coaster
26-11-05, 08:16 PM
If its half as good as some of the rides in the states, it will be the best ride in Australia easy.

Funny story:
We were in Dallas TX, and finally got onto the superman ride there, which is very much like the Giant drop except much higher.

There were 3 people to a row, i was in the middle with my brother on one side, and a workmate on the other.

We were at the very top (a long way) and i was talking to my workmate, and my brother was trying to get my attention, o he got fustrated and unclipped my belt, my conversation stopped as i looked at him in horror, and tried to reach for the seatbelt looking clip that had now fell below my feet.

I knew the ride was about to start, and the first thing it does is drop you free fall about 20 stories, stopping just before the ground. I quickly tried the second harness, which to my amazement moved about 2-3 inches.

To say i was scared is like saying Baghdad has a few holes, :erm: I couldnt reach the safty straps, and had to reley on holding thhe base of my chair.

The ride started dropping me freefall and as i expected i couldnt hold myself in my seat. Just as my heart was about to give way the second harness locked in, and i was safe.

My brother coped a good old fashioned flogging at the bottom, but the sensation i felt for those moments waiting for the ride to start will stay with me forever. :dizzy:

Moejoe
27-11-05, 12:32 AM
The superman ride is very similar to a roller coaster I went on at a place called Knott's berry farm in Southern california this year. The ride was calle the Xelerator. This thing went 0-82 MPH in 2.4 seconds then up a 205 vertical climb, over an arch into a 90 degree drop. I have always been a Coaster Junkie since I was a kid, And this was by far one of the best I had ever been on. (come to think of it, My first trip outside of Australia was very Coaster friendly for me :) ) I was very excited when I saw the construction going on at movie world for the ride, And cant wait untill the christmas school holidays are over so I can go there in the quieter times and ride it over and over again :)

Some other good coasters I went on in Southern California this year included (for anyone planning on traveling there)

The Disney land California Adventures Roller coaster (You go through a vertical loop around mickey's face, As weel as a power launch that was awsome),

The revenge of the mummy at Universial Studios (This thing is unreal, It starts out nice and slow going through movie sets and stuff, The launches you into darkness at stupidly insane speeds. Then a sudden stop at the end. Just when you think its all over, ((remember you are in total darkness)) it drops you backwards at stupidly insane speeds)

Any roller coaster at Knott's berry farm in Anaheim. ( Highly recommended are the silver bullet ((like leathel weapon at movie world just 20 times bigger and faster and more upside down time than lord knows what)) The perilous plunge ((a flume ride with a twist. A 150 ft vertical drop in a boat with 20 other people. ((recommended dont wear jeans, And on a hot day like I experienced that day Expect a long line. But the wait seems alot less when you see alot of good looking Californian women in white tops get off the ride)) The boomerang ((Takes you up a hill backwards out of the station, Then drops you back through the station through a series of twists and loops then drops you backwards through the above mentioned twist and loops.)) And the Xcelerator as mentioned above.

The ultimate thrill seeker should check out Six Flags Magic Mountain, The tallest rollercoaster in the world has made its home there, Perhaps some of you have seen pictures, Or been there yourself. This orange beast is a whopping 320 ft high (at its peak) and drops you down hill over and over again. Although no loops or anything this thing will surly make even the most seasoned Roller coaster nut need to change his/her undies afterwards. There was also another coaster there (again cant recall the name) however it is what they call a 3 Dimensional coaster. Basically the seat you sit in turns around 360 degrees upside down ect. As the coaster goes. So one drop you called be in the upright position the next you could be heading down head first, Backwards. Again another coaster that isnt for the easily scared.

That about wraps up my coaster guide to Sth California. I will hunt down the memory sticks from my holiday earlier this year and post up some photo's during the week of some of the above mentioned coasters.

Moejoe

Queenslander
22-12-05, 10:03 AM
New on ride footage of the ride is now up at
http://www.supermanescape.com.au/se/the_ride.aspx?docId=26

One word.........awesome :thumbsup:

I cant wait until I ride this one

Titans#1
22-12-05, 10:17 AM
I heard today that John Cartwright is riding it today along with other celebs. I would love to hear from him what it's like. Could you ask him Deeg's?

Sharks
26-12-05, 08:18 PM
this ride is bigger then ben hurr

Queenslander
16-02-06, 05:22 PM
Yesterday i went on this ride and it was great!!! A nice smooth ride that throws you into the air and around in circles. It isnt a very intense ride except for the start accleration and first drop with the rest all smooth sailing. But it is a great ride overall and recommended to everyone!!! :clap:

League Freak
19-02-06, 11:14 AM
Thats nothing....you should ride the rollercoaster simulator in Chaos down at Panthers League club.

Fricken unbelieveable!