PDA

View Full Version : VB Announces New Sponsorship with the ARL and Kangaroos

DIEHARD
08-10-08, 02:21 PM
VB Announces New Sponsorship Deal with the ARL and Kangaroos

VB today announced an exciting new sponsorship deal with the ARL and its national rugby league team ? The Kangaroos.

The new sponsorship will see VB, the Real Australian Beer, become naming rights partner of the Kangaroos for the next three years, kicking off later this month at the 2008 Rugby League World Cup.

VB is already a committed partner of Rugby League across state and national level and this latest sponsorship is another example of Australia?s favourite beer supporting our national teams as they take on the world.

Peter Sinclair, General Manager Beer at Foster?s said: ?We are excited to extend our commitment of Rugby League to the elite level. With the World Cup only weeks away, it?s fantastic VB can be there as we compete against other league nations.?

?VB Gold is also featuring as a lead partner with the Rugby League World Cup, and we?re eagerly awaiting the chance to cheer on the VB Kangaroos as they compete for a 10th World Cup title,? he added.

Colin Love, Chairman of the ARL, said: ?The ARL has enjoyed a successful partnership with VB since 2004 and we?re thrilled this announcement will enable us to forge a formidable combination for many years to come.

?The Kangaroos have a rich heritage and tradition of success and we?re thrilled that VB, another great Australian success story, has taken up this golden opportunity to become naming rights sponsor of the national team,? stated Love.

VB?s multi-million dollar investment in the sport now extends to 2011. VB will continue its standing as the official beer of the NRL, including pourage rights and signage at many of the game?s marquee venues.

In addition to naming rights of the Kangaroos, VB will also take up sponsorship of the VB Test, an annual fixture against New Zealand to be held next in May, 2009. VB will also continue its involvement at State of Origin level with the NSW Blues and at regional level as naming rights sponsor of the Country Rugby League Team.

Commencing next month at the RLWC, VB Gold will establish and promote hero venues throughout QLD and NSW in which VB fans can watch all the action and have the opportunity to meet some of the stars of the tournament.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
08-10-08, 02:27 PM
Fantastic new sponsorship for the Kangaroos and the World Cup!

I'm really interested in these World Cup LIVE sites they are talking about.

Dummy Half
10-10-08, 01:11 PM
Does this mean the Kangaroos world cup jersey i just bought will have
the wrong sponsor on it come world cup time??
:( figures...
-

Steve
10-10-08, 01:19 PM
I hate to say it, but at a time when every second league headline is about a player getting drunk and doing something stupid, shouldn't they be looking for sponsorship outside of alcohol?

Based on the NRL's past sponsorship deals, I'm guessing the naming rights went for half a carton.