PDA

View Full Version : Benji Marshall ready to rock in World Cup

DIEHARD
08-10-08, 09:50 AM
Benji Marshall - I feel fantastic

SUPERSTAR Benji Marshall had this message for Australian league fans hoping for a green-and-gold clean sweep at the World Cup: "I'm feeling the best I've ever felt."

Marshall, who survived a rocky flight from Sydney to Auckland in 100km/h winds yesterday with several of his teammates, said New Zealand had assembled a quality side capable of upsetting hotpots Australia.

The 23-year-old, who will play for the All Golds against the New Zealand Maoris on Sunday, was especially looking forward to the international tournament after enjoying a rare injury-free off-season.

"I can't wait for the World Cup, I'm jumping out of my skin and the last four weeks of training have been the hardest training I've done in the past," Marshall said. "We've had three sessions a week out at Parramatta Stadium, I've done a lot of fitness work and tackling and feel really confident.

Click here to purchase great photos from the NRL grand final
"We've lost class players like Sonny Bill Williams and Roy Asotasi, but we've still got speed and power up front and guys out wide like Manu Vatuvei and Sam Perrett who were both involved in the (NRL) finals series."

Marshall was forced to miss the Centenary Test because of injury while shoulder surgery kept him out of last October's Test.

He was unaware who had made the Australian side when contacted but was happy for former Tigers teammate Scott Prince.

Source: http://www.news.com.au

Paul
08-10-08, 11:37 AM
Benji Marshall - I feel fantastic

SUPERSTAR Benji Marshall had this message for Australian league fans hoping for a green-and-gold clean sweep at the World Cup: "I'm feeling the best I've ever felt."

*cue him to get injured in the first match after jinxing himself here

goldcoastitans
08-10-08, 11:44 AM
*cue him to get injured in the first match after jinxing himself here

lol i was thinking the same thing ....he is just behind Matai as the person that gets injured the most :D

titanstattman
08-10-08, 12:36 PM
1k on that he wont make the 2nd half...

DIEHARD
08-10-08, 01:14 PM
Unlike everyone else I wont turn this into a joke and say that I'm happy that the Kiwis will be lead on the field by a Benji in fantastic form.

Great for the Kiwis and great for the World Cup!