PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Fantasy League and Tipping!

DIEHARD
02-10-08, 08:47 PM
Daily Telegraph BetChoice RLWC Fantasy

The 2008 Rugby League World Cup gets under way from October 25 and you can be a part of the action with the all-new Daily Telegraph BetChoice RLWC Fantasy competition.

Over 18 nail-biting matches during October and November, you'll play selector and coach of your very own Rugby League World Cup team, selecting from the entire list of over 240 players and scoring points based on their actual performances in each match. The top coach will win $5,000.

Pre-register your interest below and we'll notify you as soon as the Daily Telegraph BetChoice RLWC Fantasy competition is open for team selection!

http://rlwcfantasy.dailytelegraph.com.au/

Steve
02-10-08, 09:53 PM
That's me registered!

daveyk
02-10-08, 09:55 PM
also registered....

dee13
03-10-08, 03:52 PM
Registering as we speak.

DIEHARD
09-10-08, 08:24 PM
THE NRL season might be over but the football fun and games are far from finished with the 2008 Rugby League World Cup less than a month away from kicking off.

Teams from Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Fiji, Samoa, France, Scotland, Ireland, England and France will contest the Cup with a sprinkling of NRL stars throughout the international teams.

RLWC matches will be played in Brisbane, Townsville, Rockhampton, the Gold Coast, Newcastle, Gosford, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne culminating in the sold-out final at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on November 22.

Fans can get really involved with the RLWC by playing The Courier-Mail's RLWC Fantasy and Tipping competitions and with $2500 to be won in each competition it will be well worth their while.

Go to http://rlwctipping.couriermail.com.au/ to register for RLWC Tipping and http://rlwcfantasy.couriermail.com.au/ for RLWC Fantasy.

HOW TO PLAY:

RLWC FANTASY

Based on the highly popular NRL Fantasy and Tipping games, the RLWC versions will be fun, easy to play and will carry attractive prizes.

There wll be a few mechanical and rule changes for RLWC Fantasy, the most notable being that players will have to start the competition with no more than two players from the competing nations, meaning they will not be able to "stack" their fantasy team with Australians.

There will be no salary cap and participants will be required to select a run-on team of 13 players, made up of three front rowers/hookers; three backrowers; a halfback, five-eighth, fullback and four centres/wingers. They will select a captain who will score them double points.

RLWC Fantasy will be broken down to five weeks (or phases) with limited trades as follows:

Week 1: October 25-27.

Trade period 1: Maximum four trades, maximum of two players from one country remains.

Week 2: October 31-November 5.

Trade period 2: Maximum six trades, restriction lifted to three players from one country.

Week 3: November 8-10.

Trade period 3: Unlimited trades, restriction lifted to four players from one country.

Week 4: November 15-16.

Trade period 4: Unlimited trades, restriction lifted to seven players from one country.

Week 5: November 22.

HOW TO PLAY:

RLWC TIPPING

The tipping competition will be split over four rounds and players will be asked to submit a margin in one match each round.

They will be able to update their tips right up until kick-off in each match.

A bonus of two points will be awarded for a perfect round but no points will be awarded for missed tips.

Round 1: October 25-27.

Round 2: October 31-November 5.

Round 3: November 8-10.

Round 4: November 15-22.

Source: http://www.news.com.au

DIEHARD
09-10-08, 08:29 PM
I'm making Titans Forum leagues for both tipping and fantasy, stand by!

DIEHARD
09-10-08, 09:00 PM
FANTASY LEAGUE

League - Titans Forum
LEAGUE CODE - 544019

TIPPING LEAGUE

League - Titans Forum
LEAGUE CODE: 180089

Steve
09-10-08, 09:29 PM
I'm in the Fantasy League! I'll sign up for tipping later. :D

hicksey
09-10-08, 10:11 PM
signed up to both

Hoppy2007Dragons
10-10-08, 11:34 AM
I'm in for both, and looking to rectify my poor late form in previous comps

DIEHARD
11-10-08, 07:29 PM
OK these are my signings to date.

Stanley Gene - PNG
Wayne Kerr - IRE
Steve Price - AUS
Solioia - NZ
Fakir - FRA
Finnigan - IRE
McGuire - ENG
Bosc - FRA
Steel - SCO
Lee Smith - ENG
Vatuvei - NZ
Samau - SAM
Billy Slater - AUS

hicksey
11-10-08, 07:31 PM
i have to the 2 titan boys lol the rest i just picked any1 lol

DIEHARD
18-10-08, 11:28 AM
Come on guys and gals, sign up!

dee13
18-10-08, 12:56 PM
i have to the 2 titan boys lol the rest i just picked any1 lol

Don't forget Smith Samau and Esi Tonga. We have 4 players in the world cup.

dee13
18-10-08, 01:04 PM
Im in for the fantasy league.

Im keeping my team hush hush at this stage because i think its fairly good

dee13
18-10-08, 03:05 PM
OK these are my signings to date.

Stanley Gene - PNG
Wayne Kerr - IRE
Steve Price - AUS
Solioia - NZ
Fakir - FRA
Finnigan - IRE
McGuire - ENG
Bosc - FRA
Steel - SCO
Lee Smith - ENG
Vatuvei - NZ
Samau - SAM
Billy Slater - AUS

Great team Diehard. Its good to see that you are keeping up with sporting tradition. There is at least 1 Wayne Kerr in every team. Sharks had Greg Bird, Raiders had Todd Carney, West Coast Eagles had Ben Cousins and Broncos... well where do I start.

DIEHARD
18-10-08, 03:18 PM
LOL did you see Wayne on Sports Tonight the other day? He seems like a great guy!

Shame Ireland no longer have Carney... :mad:

~lee~
25-10-08, 10:08 AM
I've made a Sportal World Cup League (Salary Cap)

League code: RKE2W4WHH3
League name: my league

www.sportal.com.au

Boofhead
25-10-08, 05:48 PM
Go to http://rlwctipping.couriermail.com.au/ to register for RLWC Tipping and http://rlwcfantasy.couriermail.com.au/ for RLWC Fantasy.

FANTASY LEAGUE
League - Titans Forum
LEAGUE CODE - 544019

TIPPING LEAGUE
League - Titans Forum
LEAGUE CODE: 180089

dee13
24-11-08, 05:25 PM
Just for everyones information...

My brilliant form in this years NRL Tipping competition was no fluke. I have managed to take out the World Cup tipping competition by 4 points.

Oh yeah.... I also won the Forum World Cup Fantasy league by about 50 points.

WHO DA MAN!!!!

TITAN PETE
24-11-08, 05:47 PM
Just for everyones information...

My brilliant form in this years NRL Tipping competition was no fluke. I have managed to take out the World Cup tipping competition by 4 points.

Oh yeah.... I also won the Forum World Cup Fantasy league by about 50 points.

WHO DA MAN!!!!

Not bad for someone who didn't care that there was a World Cup being played ;)

dee13
24-11-08, 05:54 PM
Not bad for someone who didn't care that there was a World Cup being played ;)

Just goes to show how predictable it was. If you watched the games, you probably over-analysed it to much. It was that simple that you didn't need to watch the games:D

TITAN PETE
24-11-08, 06:13 PM
Just goes to show how predictable it was. If you watched the games, you probably over-analysed it to much. It was that simple that you didn't need to watch the games:D

It was easy for you as you would have had Blade giving you a hand :p