PDA

View Full Version : State Of Origin 4 and 5

goldcoastitans
25-09-08, 08:45 AM
I have been reading a lot of comments between the Titans and Broncos and there is a good rivalry going..

I have also been to all the Titans V Broncos games and have that same feeling i have when Queensland take on NSW in the State Of Origin...The build up gets me pumped and the games always seem to have a great turnout.

i was just seeing if anyone else feels the rivalry like i do???

ps scores so far:

Round 5 - 2007 Suncorp Stadium
Titans 28 def Broncos 16

Round 17 - 2007 Suncorp Stadium
Broncos 19 def Titans 18 (extra time)

Round 6 - 2008 Skilled Stadium
Titans 26 def Broncos 24

Round 24 - 2008 Suncorp
Broncos 25 def Titans 21 (extra time)

so its 2 a piece ........but i am yet to see the Bronocs win without going into extra time ........

again anyone else feel the rivalry like State Of Origin :eyebrows: :eyebrows: it almost feel like i get an extra to Origin games a yr!

Paul
25-09-08, 08:48 AM
I enjoy titans games more than SOO (and not just because NSW keep getting their butts kicked :( ) but because we spend all season long following the titans and to get one over your biggest club rivals is sweet.

Club footy>rep footy

RLfan
25-09-08, 09:35 AM
Titans seem to get more excited than the Broncos for these games IMO. They are great games, but I always look forward to the Cowboys/Broncos clashes. Altough I was pretty pumped about the rd 6 clash, I think it was more to do with 1st vs. 2nd.

titanstattman
25-09-08, 09:46 AM
Titans seem to get more excited than the Broncos for these games IMO. They are great games, but I always look forward to the Cowboys/Broncos clashes. Altough I was pretty pumped about the rd 6 clash, I think it was more to do with 1st vs. 2nd.

Yeah the cowboys and brocs game are big but they dont have the BIG BROTHER n LITTLE BROTHER thig to it so it will never be as big as the titans/brocs games IMO

Supergoose
25-09-08, 11:29 AM
The Cowboys V Titans clashes are good because they have the two best halfbacks in the game going head to head - Should be even better next year with Tonga V Tonga. Maybe we can have a tri-series for the battle of Queensland.

titanstattman
25-09-08, 12:09 PM
Maybe we can have a tri-series for the battle of Queensland.

Not a bad idea at all but the only think is wen would u hold it??

And than that would prob start it down sth aswell

goldcoastitans
25-09-08, 12:57 PM
The Cowboys V Titans clashes are good because they have the two best halfbacks in the game going head to head - Should be even better next year with Tonga V Tonga. Maybe we can have a tri-series for the battle of Queensland.

oooooh very good idea .....way to promote RL in Queensland! :thumbsup:

GCT_89
25-09-08, 01:25 PM
Not a bad idea at all but the only think is wen would u hold it??

it would have to be held as part of pre season training......speaking of which im already hanging out to find out who we take on in our 3 trial games next year........lol

id love to have two local-ish venues (driving distance)

titanstattman
25-09-08, 02:19 PM
it would have to be held as part of pre season training......speaking of which im already hanging out to find out who we take on in our 3 trial games next year........lol

I went to the one in cairns that was not bad up there....

goldcoastitans
25-09-08, 02:21 PM

like Coffs, Ipswich and Goldie :) ...that could be the 3 i would like :thumbsup:

titanstattman
25-09-08, 02:24 PM
like Coffs, Ipswich and Goldie :) ...that could be the 3 i would like :thumbsup:

Yeah its only 4hrs to coffs got family down there who owns a high rise up on the water....

Paul
25-09-08, 02:27 PM
the sunshine coast would be my favoured location. We could make a whole weekend away

titanstattman
25-09-08, 02:29 PM
the sunshine coast would be my favoured location. We could make a whole weekend away

We could make it a footy trip i know a bus driver who would driv us for sum drinks......

It could be bad and good be good i spose..

goldcoastitans
27-09-08, 10:02 AM
We could make it a footy trip i know a bus driver who would driv us for sum drinks......

It could be bad and good be good i spose..

DONE DEAL this sounds awesome .....now for the dates and places ........we now play the waiting game :)

titanstattman
30-09-08, 03:52 PM
DONE DEAL this sounds awesome .....now for the dates and places ........we now play the waiting game :)

I think it would be great to go on a trip with all of us to a trail know i cant wait to hear the dates and where they will be at.....:surprise:

hicksey
30-09-08, 04:11 PM
we could go to moreton for a weekend or something

goldcoastitans
30-09-08, 05:23 PM
we could go to moreton for a weekend or something

lol Cassie read the quotes above mine silly ....make a trip to one of the trial games not a holiday trip .....silly :D

although that would be a great idea/fun! :p

DIEHARD
30-09-08, 05:43 PM
The Derby has been fantastic for rugby league in Queensland and as a whole.

It broke my heart that for so many years we didn't have a derby. Infact both the Crushers and Chargers were culled. So we lost two derbies.

The quality and passion of the matches between Brisbane and the Gold Coast have been amazing. And it will surely get to a point in the very near future where they are always a sell out.

Rugby league desperately needs these tribal rivalries. These massive events on par with Tests, Finals and Origins.

It's heartbreaking to lose the derbies and exhilarating to win them.

I was so happy to beat the Broncos in our first ever encounter and it was at Lang Park as well. It was surreal, like a dream come true.

And the victory at Skilled Park was so sweet, we HAD to win that one. And we did and I was so elated about it!

The derby will certainly continue to get even more bloodthirsty in coming years. Especially when more Queenslanders come through the ranks and it has to be great for the Maroons as well.

The games against the Cowboys have been fantastic as well!

Let's face it, the NRL needs more QUEENSLAND!

hicksey
30-09-08, 07:45 PM
lol yeah but too much effort to read bak that far