PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Touch Footy

daveyk
09-09-08, 07:45 PM
as well know by now, our 2008 season is over....

but....

why ruin what we have had going on this season, with us all becoming good friends... lets keep that friendship going...

so i say... if anyone is free this saturday, lets all get together at robina common for a friendly game of touch and some laughs... u could say it is the fans version of MAD MONDAY - coz we all had to work -

please note that this is an open invite to evryone, so bring the kids, bring the dog

lets have a great day as a real fan force

i am thinking around midday is a good time, that way we can have a run and then be ready to watch the U/20's at 4pm live on fox sports

COME ONE COME ALL

DIEHARD
09-09-08, 07:48 PM
Me and the Whiz were talking about maybe a Coasters vs Barbarians footy challenge. ;)

People from the Coast vs the others. Maybe not this weekend but in the off season for fun.

daveyk
09-09-08, 07:50 PM
Me and the Whiz were talking about maybe a Coasters vs Barbarians footy challenge. ;)

People from the Coast vs the others. Maybe not this weekend but in the off season for fun.

well u can count me in for sure:D

hicksey
09-09-08, 07:56 PM
im out this sat grand final is on. ill catch up with u guys soon though

DIEHARD
09-09-08, 08:00 PM
You could also watch the QLD CUP Final with Souths v Logan on the ABC.

Paul
09-09-08, 08:05 PM
Our under 20's are on tele this weekend as well

I'm in for saturday Mr Kirby, these days are fantastic fun

and a reminder for people to bring along their money if they want tickets to the WC games

Boofhead
09-09-08, 08:53 PM
Will be at work... Again. :doh:

kwigibo
09-09-08, 09:07 PM
Our under 20's are on tele this weekend as well

I'm in for saturday Mr Kirby, these days are fantastic fun

and a reminder for people to bring along their money if they want tickets to the WC games

Does this mean you'll actually play???!

daveyk
10-09-08, 01:10 AM
Does this mean you'll actually play???!

well u just never know what can happen

Paul
10-09-08, 06:40 AM
I will...But when my knee snaps again you'll have to pick me up.

good luck with that

kwigibo
10-09-08, 09:41 AM
I will...But when my knee snaps again you'll have to pick me up.

good luck with that

we'll bring a wheel barrow ;)

Paul
10-09-08, 09:56 AM
big freakin wheelbarrow, You'll more likely need to call caterpillar and hire a crane:helpme:

daveyk
10-09-08, 06:24 PM
coates will have that sorted for you :D

titanstattman
10-09-08, 07:29 PM
Well as iv said to a few if im here we can have the drinks at mine and watch the footy at mine....

goldcoastitans
11-09-08, 09:26 AM
Well as iv said to a few if im here we can have the drinks at mine and watch the footy at mine....

when is this??? .................

titanstattman
11-09-08, 03:04 PM
when is this??? .................

This sat for the u/20's

Is the Brad going to make it this time???

curly_11
11-09-08, 04:08 PM
As im out injured with my shoulder.....i will come to support the boys and drink whilst you guys play !

Dont forget the bledisloe final is on that night too :)

titanstattman
11-09-08, 04:50 PM
As im out injured with my shoulder.....i will come to support the boys and drink whilst you guys play !

Dont forget the bledisloe final is on that night too :)

Well in that case its going to be great footy night at mine once again......

titanstattman
11-09-08, 05:15 PM
Ok who's comming to touch i will be here on the weekend so im in for the weekend......

Touch at 12pm and after that drinks and the under 20's after that and than we have the finals for the cup after that.....

This time i will be BYO food the bbq will be on for any1 who wantts it im happy to do the cooking for yas...

kwigibo
11-09-08, 05:39 PM
I reckon I'll be there, have to do a lot of stretching though.

daveyk
11-09-08, 05:40 PM
i will be there.,..

Paul
11-09-08, 10:36 PM
I'll be there. Should be a good day again

Steve
12-09-08, 08:24 AM
12pm eh... I'll try to make it down. With lots of sunscreen!!

goldcoastitans
12-09-08, 09:13 AM
lol ill try and get there ....im working till 12 so i will rush down, but it sounds good to me :)

goldcoastitans
12-09-08, 09:16 AM
Well in that case its going to be great footy night at mine once again......

i know you gonna cry when you hear this ....but i will not be making you house this Saturday night, as you heard from Sean the Bledisloe finals are on and i will unfortunately be at Suncorp watching Aussie win! ....so make sure you guys have alot of drinks for me and i might pop back to yours after the match if you still all alive and kicking :salute:

titanstattman
12-09-08, 09:59 AM
i know you gonna cry when you hear this ....but i will not be making you house this Saturday night, as you heard from Sean the Bledisloe finals are on and i will unfortunately be at Suncorp watching Aussie win! ....so make sure you guys have alot of drinks for me and i might pop back to yours after the match if you still all alive and kicking :salute:

No i didnt cry but i hit the wall and it hurt....:fight:

Atleast if ur not coming its for a ok reason if u would of said u cant make it cuz ur doing ur nails yeah fare anough i'll be pissed...

Wat time u heading up there?? And we prob be still going dont forget the girls are going out that night so????

kwigibo
12-09-08, 10:04 AM
lol ill try and get there ....im working till 12 so i will rush down, but it sounds good to me :)

Gonna be a halftime hero again?

titanstattman
12-09-08, 10:20 AM

Dont ya hate those kinda guys??

kwigibo
12-09-08, 10:23 AM
Dont ya hate those kinda guys??

Yeah, the white Folau plays 2 halves right?

titanstattman
12-09-08, 10:33 AM
Yeah, the white Folau plays 2 halves right?

U would'nt believe it i was just on the fone to him and we talked about tomorro and he is ready to go and he had a message..

ATLEAST THE WHITE FOLAU CAN PLAY BOTH HALVES

goldcoastitans
12-09-08, 10:54 AM

hahaha yeh i think i might rock up again score a try and leave ...hahaha i will try and get there just after 12pm

oh and Doug i havent forgotten about the girls night thing...so if you guys are still going ill def do the half time thing there as well :D:D

we should be heading up at around 4ish ...so plenty of time for drinks

titanstattman
12-09-08, 12:09 PM
hahaha yeh i think i might rock up again score a try and leave ...hahaha i will try and get there just after 12pm

oh and Doug i havent forgotten about the girls night thing...so if you guys are still going ill def do the half time thing there as well :D:D

we should be heading up at around 4ish ...so plenty of time for drinks

So is the kick off up there 7.30????

goldcoastitans
12-09-08, 12:18 PM
So is the kick off up there 7.30????

yeh that is correct my little white folau friend :D

kwigibo
12-09-08, 03:18 PM
U would'nt believe it i was just on the fone to him and we talked about tomorro and he is ready to go and he had a message..

ATLEAST THE WHITE FOLAU CAN PLAY BOTH HALVES

I have no trouble believing that, I reckon the white Folau can climb Everest without oxygen, in a singlet!

daveyk
12-09-08, 08:56 PM
i will be attendance 2moro...

Steve
13-09-08, 08:06 AM
I'm awake nice and early, and it's a beautiful day outside by the looks. I'd best get me down the coast I think!

titanstattman
13-09-08, 08:19 AM
I'm awake nice and early, and it's a beautiful day outside by the looks. I'd best get me down the coast I think!

Well its the best place to be my friend.....

And that way we can talk about u know????

And is Brad making his way down???

titanstattman
13-09-08, 08:25 AM
So wat we have planed..

12pm Touch

4pm Titans u/20's

7.30pm we have the Cup

Paul
13-09-08, 08:38 AM
Looks like a nice day outside.

I'll be there at some point, I may have to shoot off after the 20's game though

titanstattman
13-09-08, 08:43 AM
Looks like a nice day outside.

I'll be there at some point, I may have to shoot off after the 20's game though

Why is that maty????

hicksey
13-09-08, 08:58 AM
ohhhh have awesome day guys so wish i could be there but gotta support my club.

Paul
13-09-08, 09:01 AM
bloody part timer ;)

I am supposed to go to another BBQ Dougie. I'll play it by ear and see what happens

Steve
13-09-08, 09:08 AM
No idea about Brad! He might still be celebrating the Broncos win. ;)

daveyk
13-09-08, 09:20 AM
it is an absolute fabulous day down here.... its going to be a great way to spend the day.

Steve
13-09-08, 09:52 AM
I'm on my way! Should be a great day. :D

C-Whiz
13-09-08, 10:32 AM
I've been offline for a few days..... and probably too late to tell you now, but I won't be able to make it this Saturday... ummmm today!

Wish I could have but already made plans to go to the Thai boxing with other mates.

But I'm forever keen to keep regular touch days going. Keep up the good work guys and girls! :thumbsup:

titanstattman
13-09-08, 11:13 AM
Hope sum1 got the footys than.....

the under 20's gunna kick us today...

kwigibo
13-09-08, 11:24 AM
Hope sum1 got the footys than.....

the under 20's gunna kick us today...

I'm bringing a footy, are we going to have enough players?

Paul
13-09-08, 11:34 AM
I'm bringing a footy

Be careful,there are some football thieves out there ;) :D

kwigibo
13-09-08, 11:38 AM
Be careful,there are some football thieves out there ;) :D

What kind of degenerate would steal a football?

titanstattman
13-09-08, 09:42 PM
What kind of degenerate would steal a football?

Well as u saw today no1 hahahah

It was a good turn out today was another good run even the girls got in on it and even big paul had a good go well done paul..:salute: :salute:

Paul
14-09-08, 01:00 AM
lol, I'll be recovering for about 3 weeks after that ten minutes of running about :laugh:

Thanks for the hospitality again today Dougie & the offer to come back tonight, I only planned to be at my mates place during the st george/manly game but I ended up just getting home ten mins ago

titanstattman
14-09-08, 01:17 AM
lol, I'll be recovering for about 3 weeks after that ten minutes of running about :laugh:

Thanks for the hospitality again today Dougie & the offer to come back tonight, I only planned to be at my mates place during the st george/manly game but I ended up just getting home ten mins ago

Yeah no probs we still up haveing a drink.....:salute:

daveyk
14-09-08, 12:34 PM
yes it was great to also see steve get out there this week... well done bro.

ok so we have had our first run for the off season... i would love it if we could make this a regular saturday get together.... so that we all keep in conact outside of the stadium, and that we can build on what already is growing to be fantastic friendships...

each saturday, robina common, 12pm

everyone is welcome, and would love to see some more forum/titans members joing us

Paul
14-09-08, 01:02 PM
I'll be a regular davey. These days are really great fun and such a laugh :laugh:

the standing ovation yesterday was a highlight lol

Steve
14-09-08, 06:12 PM
Had another great day/night. And thanks to Doug and Mel once more, stayed down the Coast a little late and they were very accomodating. :D

I tell you what, it doesn't take much on the field to show me how unfit I am!

Regular thing isn't a bad idea. I doubt I'd be able to make every weekend, but with the weather turning nice, the coast isn't a bad place to be of a saturday.

goldcoastitans
14-09-08, 06:23 PM
lol i loved the game on Sat and i agree lets do it every Sat and everyone please join us :)

titanstattman
14-09-08, 07:22 PM
Well this white falau turned up and put cpl big hits (slaps) on it was a great run even with a few regs not there just think wen we all there we could have like 5-6 aside. Its be great to hang out with all u guys out side of the footy so i hope it can really get going....

I prob wont be able to get there everyweek as the family dosent get to see me much now so prob every 2nd weekend but i'll see how things go..

But i urge everyone if that if ur free on a sat too get down there had have a run its a great way to spend a sunny day on the coast...:salute:

titanstattman
18-09-08, 01:45 PM
OOOOOOOOk ppl who will be making it this week its thursday so lets see who can make it??????:dizzy: :dizzy:

Steve
18-09-08, 01:55 PM
Not me!
Just forked out $400 on a new pair of glasses.

Got to save myself for the Brisbane City Romp (http://www.brisbanecityromp.com/) too!

Paul
18-09-08, 02:02 PM
sorry doug, I'm out this week. I'm going to brisbane in the morning then on to suncorp

kwigibo
18-09-08, 02:43 PM
I'm free if anyone else is. It's tragic that we'll miss Paul's 10 minutes of cat like agility though. :laugh:

Paul
18-09-08, 03:02 PM
I'm free if anyone else is. It's tragic that we'll miss Paul's 10 minutes of cat like agility though. :laugh:
LOL cheeky bastard :laugh: It didn't help my cause that I was marking Wade:p

Nathalie
18-09-08, 03:06 PM
Nopes. Got plans. Another time though :D

Steve
18-09-08, 03:07 PM
LOL cheeky bastard :laugh: It didn't help my cause that I was marking Wade:p

They'll miss us both. Our speed off the mark is unrivaled. :D

Paul
18-09-08, 03:18 PM
They'll miss us both. Our speed off the mark is unrivaled. :D

me, you and Doug could make a whole scrum :laugh:

hicksey
18-09-08, 04:56 PM
im out awards night is friday, have plans saturday then heading to broncos, though ill be down the coast sunday lol any1 know which beach is the quitest to take 12-16 yr old girls

daveyk
18-09-08, 05:42 PM
i m in.... even if its just a kick around

Paul
18-09-08, 05:51 PM
the kick around was the funniest part last weekend

everyone purposely stuffing up so they could skull a beer and doug doing 2 at once:D

kwigibo
19-09-08, 06:01 PM
So is anyone else up for this Sat?

daveyk
20-09-08, 08:55 AM
hey guys....

i am still goin to head on down to robina common for a kick around.
goin to head over to titans shop first do that we have a ball close by.

hope some of you can make it down... 12-12:30 ish

titanstattman
20-09-08, 09:53 AM
So is anyone else up for this Sat?

So u comming down?

kwigibo
20-09-08, 10:49 AM
So u comming down?

Can't now, some stuff has come up.

daveyk
20-09-08, 11:11 AM
hey guys

well am sorry to say, but alot of people are unable to make it today, which of course is perfectly fine.

so this weeks run-around has been postponed till next sat 27th. 12pm

see you all there

titanstattman
24-09-08, 09:41 PM
hey guys

well am sorry to say, but alot of people are unable to make it today, which of course is perfectly fine.

so this weeks run-around has been postponed till next sat 27th. 12pm

see you all there

Well i'll be there so how many others will be haveing a run

kwigibo
24-09-08, 09:59 PM
Well i'll be there so how many others will be haveing a run

I will try and turn up, contingent of course on there being more than just you, Doug, your version of touch would be a bit rough 1 on 1.

hicksey
24-09-08, 10:58 PM
lol im out again sorry guys gotta head back home on friday grandmothers 80th so i better go or i could be in alot of trouble

GCT_89
25-09-08, 01:03 AM
nope, too busy that day....a bit hard for some of us non-coasties.........

Paul
25-09-08, 06:40 AM
*will be attending this week

Steve
25-09-08, 07:20 AM
Unfortunately my dance card is full this weekend, won't be able to make it down.

goldcoastitans
25-09-08, 09:31 AM
Sounds like its not happening for 2 weeks in a row!! DEVO'D .....im still keen as and i know a few of the smurfs could make it as well as Boof and Spencer ......Boof get ur a$$ down there!

lets make it happen this Sat

Paul
25-09-08, 09:55 AM
Oh no,we need more to show up...I'm not an 80 minute player guys,I'm more like Carl Webb...Big,fat,slow,useless and puffed out needing a rest after 2 mins:D

titanstattman
25-09-08, 10:03 AM
Sounds like its not happening for 2 weeks in a row!! DEVO'D .....im still keen as and i know a few of the smurfs could make it as well as Boof and Spencer ......Boof get ur a$$ down there!

Im there and glenn so with the smurfs and paul and etc it still would be a good day......

Oh and the white falau might come for a run to.....

Nathalie
25-09-08, 10:42 AM
Can't this Saturday, it's Shaun's bro's birthday.. all day/night thing.. but should be there at your Doug for Grand Final :D

Steve
25-09-08, 10:49 AM
Sounds like there'll be plenty without the Brisbane contingent!
I barely played and Cassie never did, so it's really only Adam missing. :D

titanstattman
25-09-08, 11:00 AM
Sounds like there'll be plenty without the Brisbane contingent!
I barely played and Cassie never did, so it's really only Adam missing. :D

Yeah and diehard just never turns up..:laugh: :fist:

Paul
25-09-08, 11:06 AM
I wanna see DIEHARD there one day,Get the ball,fly down the wing yelling YIPPEE KY YAYYYYYYYYY MUTHERF***ERS!

kwigibo
25-09-08, 11:33 AM

That's like 5 people right there, that'd make 4 on 4 with Paul as a sub at least. Just put a boot up a few ****s

Boofhead
25-09-08, 01:37 PM
I work every Saturday and Sunday! :dizzy:

kwigibo
25-09-08, 01:57 PM
I work every Saturday and Sunday! :dizzy:

Call in sick. You probably will be by the end of the day.

titanstattman
25-09-08, 03:27 PM
so we have

Wade + 4???
Paul
Kwigibo
Myself + 2
Daveyk
Rhys + 1????????

Not bad nubers...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hicksey
25-09-08, 04:08 PM
not my fault last game i was there when i turned up u guys were finished. lol i had to help mel with the kids. gotta look after the youngest legins members:p

kwigibo
25-09-08, 07:04 PM
so we have ....

Kwigibo

That's as good as two or three regular people right there.

titanstattman
25-09-08, 07:09 PM
That's as good as two or three regular people right there.

Hahaah if ur 2 i must be 3

kwigibo
25-09-08, 07:12 PM
Hahaah if ur 2 i must be 3

You and the two people you ate. :laugh:

DIEHARD
25-09-08, 10:52 PM
I can't make it this weekend, but I will be at Doug's for the Grand Final.

One thing I'd love to look at is setting up an unofficial touch/oz tag team. I'd certainly committ to it, we just got to look at the viability of it. But everyone seems keen as for this type of thing, I reckon we could field a regular team.

Anyway keep it up guys, I love the fact that we are rugby league fans but also still throw the rugby ball around and play it as well, even if it is a non contact form of the greatest game.

C-Whiz
26-09-08, 05:20 PM
Oh no,we need more to show up...I'm not an 80 minute player guys,I'm more like Carl Webb...Big,fat,slow,useless and puffed out needing a rest after 2 mins:DHey, as long as you also smash NSW'men then that's fine with me! ;)

I'll be there tomorrow. Didn't even know it was on until today. Haven't been on here for a while. See yas there. :thumbsup:

Steve
26-09-08, 05:32 PM
Hey, as long as you also smash NSW'men then that's fine with me! ;)

I'm not there, so that leaves Doug for Paul to smash.

Someone take photos. :D

titanstattman
26-09-08, 06:04 PM
Ok well im just putting it out there if any1 wanted to do sumthing for tomoro nughts game im happy for ppl to pop around for the game so just let us know tonight or at touch

daveyk
26-09-08, 07:05 PM
well i will be there as well as chook
will also try and get renee down there aswell as shannon....

game on people

Paul
26-09-08, 07:14 PM
well i will be there as well as chook
will also try and get renee down there aswell as shannon....

game on people

Brooke and kerri were the 2 most violent last time :laugh:

daveyk
26-09-08, 07:16 PM
Brooke and kerri were the 2 most violent last time :laugh:

yeh i know.... my ribs are still sore

Paul
26-09-08, 07:20 PM
maybe we should wear gridiron gear if 2 more of them are gonna play tomorrow :laugh: I can still hear kerri's slap on Dougs stomach lol

daveyk
26-09-08, 07:22 PM
yeh i think its still echoeing.... lol

titanstattman
26-09-08, 07:38 PM
yeh i think its still echoeing.... lol

Any1 up for the footy game??

Paul
26-09-08, 10:22 PM
*will be hung over like a champion tomorrow

kwigibo
26-09-08, 10:25 PM
25c and sunny tomorrow, perfect footy weather. UV is at 8, which is technically 'high', so Steve is lucky he isn't gonna be there, but summertime it's usually 13 and 14 UV ratings, which are ridiculously extreme, so 8 isn't so bad.

kwigibo
26-09-08, 10:26 PM
*will be hung over like a champion tomorrow

Drinking away the pain of a Melbourne win?

Paul
26-09-08, 10:32 PM
It infuriates me that scumbag team is in another grand final. I hate everything about melbourne

whoever wins tomorrow HAS to win the GF to keep my faith in football,I really hope it's the warriors

kwigibo
26-09-08, 10:39 PM
It infuriates me that scumbag team is in another grand final. I hate everything about melbourne

whoever wins tomorrow HAS to win the GF to keep my faith in football,I really hope it's the warriors

I hope the warriors win tomorrow as well, but the sharks aren't any less scumbag ridden than Melbourne are they?

titanstattman
27-09-08, 08:57 AM
Well iv pick melb to be in final and who every is in there too they will beat melb...

Drinks at mine to watch the game if any1 up for it....

Nathalie
27-09-08, 12:33 PM
I'm going for the Storm. Hehehe

Paul
27-09-08, 05:18 PM
My knee has doubled in size since I got home

stupid exercise :fist: :laugh:

kwigibo
27-09-08, 05:33 PM
My knee has doubled in size since I got home

stupid exercise :fist: :laugh:

The top of my feet are burnt, otherwise I'm good, who wants to play tomorrow?

Paul
27-09-08, 05:43 PM
get stuffed :)

:laugh:

titanstattman
28-09-08, 08:43 AM
get stuffed :)

:laugh:

From the white falau wat a job u did paul u played every min of that game and got a cpl of trys great job for sum1 who said he'll never play

daveyk
28-09-08, 11:02 AM
From the white falau wat a job u did paul u played every min of that game and got a cpl of trys great job for sum1 who said he'll never play

yeh but i think he was in a little pain after the fact though....

toughen up princess..... LOL

Paul
28-09-08, 02:45 PM

haha thanks mate,I'll deffo be playing every week,maybe not the full 80 though but we'll see lol. The funny thing is I felt better and more full of energy during the last bit.

I'm aching today :helpme: hahaha but it was worth it.I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it yesterday I came into contact with white folau a few times and accidently got him one right in the chops,sorry mate :laugh:.

Watching C-whiz and Doug having verbals all day about forward passes was a highlight :laugh:

are we playing next saturday or having an early morning game sunday before the grand final day at Dougs?

Paul
28-09-08, 02:46 PM
yeh but i think he was in a little pain after the fact though....

toughen up princess..... LOL

how would you know Mr Kirby?,you were in a movie theatre by then ;) :laugh: :laugh:

titanstattman
28-09-08, 05:32 PM
how would you know Mr Kirby?,you were in a movie theatre by then ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaha so ture.....

Im keen for next week again???/

Maybe a mod can make this a sticky as i dont think this will be going anywhere.:thumbsup:

Boofhead
28-09-08, 08:18 PM
Hahaha so ture.....

Im keen for next week again???/

Maybe a mod can make this a sticky as i dont think this will be going anywhere.:thumbsup:

Done.

Text filling...

titanstattman
28-09-08, 08:32 PM
Done.

Text filling...

Thanks man maybe u should cool in sick one sat

daveyk
29-09-08, 08:48 PM
sorry guys but i wont be making it this coming sat as i will be at PARKLIFE!!!!!

see you all sunday though...

goldcoastitans
30-09-08, 11:17 AM
wont be there this weekend as well boys and girls, i am down in Coolie at a concert

daveyk
30-09-08, 11:59 AM
wont be there this weekend as well boys and girls, i am down in Coolie at a concert

hahahah

just the time that i wont be playing down at coolie.. u go down there... how random

Paul
30-09-08, 12:14 PM

the grates? I'm going to that gig

I'll be at touch as well though because I'm awesome :)

kwigibo
30-09-08, 12:19 PM

So your knee didn't fall off?

Paul
30-09-08, 12:21 PM
I'm just tough....

goldcoastitans
30-09-08, 01:38 PM

OH YEH! awesome well we will have to have a few drinks together down there Paulie! :thumbsup: ......maybe i can make touch then :) but only like an hour or so as we staying down in coolie and i need to check in before hand

oh and also i know Davey how funny hey!:D

titanstattman
30-09-08, 02:10 PM
sorry guys but i wont be making it this coming sat as i will be at PARKLIFE!!!!!

see you all sunday though...

How many ppl are going to music things this week end?:dizzy:

Hope all pull up for a big GF day..

goldcoastitans
30-09-08, 02:14 PM
How many ppl are going to music things this week end?:dizzy:

Hope all pull up for a big GF day..

dude of course we will be good to go .... we legionaries know how to back up after a big night! :salute:

titanstattman
30-09-08, 02:19 PM
dude of course we will be good to go .... we legionaries know how to back up after a big night! :salute:

So are all the smurfs be joing us?? And cant forget undies.:laugh: :laugh:

goldcoastitans
30-09-08, 02:21 PM
So are all the smurfs be joing us?? And cant forget undies.:laugh:

im not sure at this stage ill ask them tonight and let you know :salute: including undies :laugh: :laugh:

titanstattman
30-09-08, 02:44 PM
im not sure at this stage ill ask them tonight and let you know :salute: including undies :laugh: :laugh:

Well hope they can it would be the same with out all the smurfs bud.....:fist:

Paul
30-09-08, 07:25 PM
OH YEH! awesome well we will have to have a few drinks together down there Paulie! :thumbsup: ......maybe i can make touch then :) but only like an hour or so as we staying down in coolie and i need to check in before hand

Doesn't look like my mate can make it now as he's getting up early to go to some air show at Ipswich or something

I dunno whether to still go or not:ugh:

goldcoastitans
01-10-08, 12:59 PM
Doesn't look like my mate can make it now as he's getting up early to go to some air show at Ipswich or something

I dunno whether to still go or not:ugh:

lol u know u wanna ........come up with us then! were u driving or drinking?

Paul
01-10-08, 03:45 PM
oh yeah, is that ok? Cheers mate.I didn't want to waste my ticket

goldcoastitans
02-10-08, 09:33 AM
thats fine man...read ur PM

Paul
03-10-08, 03:32 PM
How many are going to touch tomorrow? The parklife people will be absent but is everyone else showing up?

hicksey
03-10-08, 04:36 PM
nar i wont be there going to a mates party tonight so i wont be in any state to drive

Steve
03-10-08, 05:09 PM
One trip to the coast on the weekend is plenty, I'll be missing touch, coming down for the gf.

goldcoastitans
04-10-08, 10:20 AM
trying to work out if it is going ahead or not ....ill be there at like 1230-1245ish as usual but i will be there!

C-Whiz
04-10-08, 10:52 AM
trying to work out if it is going ahead or not ....ill be there at like 1230-1245ish as usual but i will be there!
Sweet! Myself and Paul are definite starters. If there is just the three of us, we can either play 1 on 1 with a ref, or the third person can be used as a sub! Sounds awesome! :p

We'll be there at 12. Ish.

goldcoastitans
04-10-08, 10:53 AM
if all else fails ill bring a frisbee hahaha

Paul
04-10-08, 11:07 AM
frisbees are awesome fun lol

Paul
04-10-08, 11:08 AM
and I'll be there just after 12, I'm going to JBHIFI first

Paul
09-10-08, 04:42 PM
Is touch on this weekend?

I'm in if it is

titanstattman
09-10-08, 07:02 PM
Is touch on this weekend?

I'm in if it is

I was thinking the same thing.....

Who is in for this weekend im not to sure yet as the race is on this weekend

kwigibo
09-10-08, 07:34 PM
I'm free if it's on

goldcoastitans
10-10-08, 10:31 AM
I was thinking the same thing.....

Who is in for this weekend im not to sure yet as the race is on this weekend

im not sure if you know this douggie but the race is a FRIGGEN long race ...im sure you can sneak out for a couple of hours ....we can even take a radio down and listen to the race while playing

otherwise i am down with this Sat .....as i am quitting my job tomorrow and will be jobless so i am free to play all week if everyone wants to :D

how many we got for this sat??

titanstattman
10-10-08, 04:13 PM
im not sure if you know this douggie but the race is a FRIGGEN long race ...im sure you can sneak out for a couple of hours ....we can even take a radio down and listen to the race while playing

otherwise i am down with this Sat .....as i am quitting my job tomorrow and will be jobless so i am free to play all week if everyone wants to :D

how many we got for this sat??

Ok ok i will make it for a run

hicksey
10-10-08, 06:01 PM
im out this week but we have to have a game b4 the world cup game that we r going to

kwigibo
11-10-08, 06:41 PM
I'm guessing the rain scared you all off?

Paul
11-10-08, 06:49 PM
Me, Wade,Sean and Ryan played with a frisbee

titanstattman
11-10-08, 08:51 PM

U said u were going to sleep bud.....

Glenn and i went and played golf....

Paul
11-10-08, 09:27 PM
Yeah, I know mate and I was heading home about 20 mins after I talked to you to go to sleep then I remembered I wanted season 11 of south park from JBHIFI & i knew I wouldn't go back out again if I went home to bed so I was going there and wade called me on the way so I just killed 2 birds with one stone.

Wade tried calling you about it mate

ps- and I still haven't eaten or slept yet :(

kwigibo
11-10-08, 11:03 PM

I brought a footy, but no one was there.

hicksey
12-10-08, 03:14 AM
oh u all miss me didnt u lol coz i play heaps :p :thumbsup:

daveyk
12-10-08, 04:39 PM
i was shopping.... sorry all

titanstattman
13-10-08, 09:36 AM
Ok last cpl of weeks have been pretty busy for alot of us i.e GF but im looking at this week end so who is keen for this sat the 18th It looks like it will be a fine day....

As the weekend after is indy and thats another big weekend E.G Pool Party

Steve
13-10-08, 09:50 AM
I'm out this coming weekend too. Gonna be up in Caloundra shooting a music festival.

Paul
13-10-08, 10:47 AM
Ok last cpl of weeks have been pretty busy for alot of us i.e GF but im looking at this week end so who is keen for this sat the 18th It looks like it will be a fine day....

As the weekend after is indy and thats another big weekend E.G Pool Party
I'm deffo there:cool:

titanstattman
13-10-08, 11:07 AM
I'm deffo there:cool:

Love it the one man scum and the white falau....

And one guy we still havnt seen for a run yet was TITAN PETE

Paul
13-10-08, 12:29 PM

Yep,the forward pack are all ready to go mate :thumbsup:

titanstattman
13-10-08, 02:56 PM
Yep,the forward pack are all ready to go mate :thumbsup:

Just have to wait and see if any smaller guys wanna join in now????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

daveyk
13-10-08, 07:12 PM
when is this for

Paul
13-10-08, 07:35 PM
when is this for

Ok last cpl of weeks have been pretty busy for alot of us i.e GF but im looking at this week end so who is keen for this sat the 18th

:)

C-Whiz
13-10-08, 09:09 PM
I had my daughters 5th birthday on Saturday. I think that's the first time I've missed a run actually. But then again, sounds like you didn't play. Just frisbee! :p
I start work at 2pm, so if you are planning on starting early to beat the heat, then I'm in. :thumbsup: Anything after midday is gonna be too late for me. Wanna start a bit earlier? 10ish? 11? It gets pretty friggin hot around 12-1pm anyway. Just an idea.

Tamwelg
13-10-08, 09:16 PM

And one guy we still havnt seen for a run yet was TITAN PETE

Titan Pete and another black duck that has not returned were there for the original touch footy run.

titanstattman
13-10-08, 09:18 PM
Ok i'll put it out there too see wats doing with every1.....

Time 10.30

Where Same place (ROBINA COMMON)

Date 18th

titanstattman
13-10-08, 09:20 PM
Titan Pete and another black duck that has not returned were there for the original touch footy run.

Well u know wat to do dont ya and where to be this sat....

C-Whiz
13-10-08, 09:24 PM
Titan Pete and another black duck that has not returned were there for the original touch footy run.Yep, to you, Pete, OzDavo, Drew/Jenwood, Dannyboi and Dragons, I'd say give it another go. With the "young guns" out there showing skills and style, to the "awesome" sideline thumping of White Folau, it's quite a good day of touch. It's a good run if you want it, and if we could get 7-a-side with a sub or 2 then we could really open up the field and turn it on!

I'd also like to see some more of the Brissy crew, which could really boost numbers and get some friendly rivalry going.

So, while it seems to be coming a more regular event, maybe we should look at setting a future date for a big day including BBQ at the Common so it's easy for everyone. Maybe even a family day? And throw in some cricket! Anyone up for something like that?

titanstattman
13-10-08, 09:33 PM
Yep, to you, Pete, OzDavo, Drew/Jenwood, Dannyboi and Dragons, I'd say give it another go. With the "young guns" out there showing skills and style, to the "awesome" sideline thumping of White Folau, it's quite a good day of touch. It's a good run if you want it, and if we could get 7-a-side with a sub or 2 then we could really open up the field and turn it on!

I'd also like to see some more of the Brissy crew, which could really boost numbers and get some friendly rivalry going.

So, while it seems to be coming a more regular event, maybe we should look at setting a future date for a big day including BBQ at the Common so it's easy for everyone. Maybe even a family day? And throw in some cricket! Anyone up for something like that?

I know it would be great if the boys who say started it come back for a run...

HINT HINT

Tamwelg
13-10-08, 09:33 PM
Yep, to you, Pete, OzDavo, Drew/Jenwood, Dannyboi and Dragons, I'd say give it another go. With the "young guns" out there showing skills and style, to the "awesome" sideline thumping of White Folau, it's quite a good day of touch. It's a good run if you want it, and if we could get 7-a-side with a sub or 2 then we could really open up the field and turn it on!

Sounds good..............

titanstattman
13-10-08, 09:39 PM
Sounds good..............

So is that a yes to this weekend???/

C-Whiz
13-10-08, 09:41 PM
OK, what about the last weekend of November? That's the weekend after the RLWC, so it won't clash with anything I can think of and gives everyone plenty of time, and won't mess with Xmas parties etc. Who can confirm for this weekend?

I say we make it a full day, say a bit of touch in the morning, 10-12ish, BBQ lunch at the Common, and then a lazy cricket game in the arvo. How would that sound to people? A good game of can cricket! You must have a can in your hand at all times! :thumbsup:

I'm in.

kwigibo
13-10-08, 10:25 PM
I'm keen for this Saturday. Might not get there early, as I'll be in brisbane all friday and possibly sat morning. I can probably bring a bat and ball too if people are up for it.

hicksey
13-10-08, 11:52 PM
love the idea about the big touch day lol when u guys work it out let me know so i can plan around it.

goldcoastitans
14-10-08, 10:06 AM
the big touch day sounds awesome .....but lets keep touch going every Sat for those that usually turn up :) last week we had a huge turn up ....guess everyone was scared of the rain :D we had a total of 4 people turn up and that was 2 forum members ...myself and Paul ....we ended up playing frisbee :)

titanstattman
14-10-08, 10:12 AM
Ok i'll put it out there too see wats doing with every1.....

Time 10.30

Where Same place (ROBINA COMMON)

Date 18th

So come on guys lets do it this weekend so we can get in training for the big day...

goldcoastitans
14-10-08, 10:48 AM
cant do 1030 i work till 12 :( can we make it a little later i think Kwigibo has the same problem as me

titanstattman
14-10-08, 11:55 AM
Its all good i'll be there from 10.30 11 so who ever is keen i'll be there

kwigibo
14-10-08, 11:56 AM
the big touch day sounds awesome .....but lets keep touch going every Sat for those that usually turn up :) last week we had a huge turn up ....guess everyone was scared of the rain :D we had a total of 4 people turn up and that was 2 forum members ...myself and Paul ....we ended up playing frisbee :)

I was there, until 12:20, when I figured everybody must have wussed out.

goldcoastitans
14-10-08, 01:26 PM
I was there, until 12:20, when I figured everybody must have wussed out.

lol damn u must have just missed us i cam straight after work at like 1pm and paul had just arrived as well!

DIEHARD
14-10-08, 08:16 PM
Hey guys I'm in and I'll also ask Dennis and my mate Josh who just got back from NZ, but don't worry...he is an Aussie. ;)

Paul
14-10-08, 08:41 PM
Nice one Brad :)

should be a good day

DIEHARD
14-10-08, 08:44 PM
Nice one Brad :)

should be a good day

Yea man, can we do a BBQ at the Common? I've been hanging out for that. :D

Paul
14-10-08, 08:46 PM
Lets hope so

I'm deffo buying the freakin WC tickets this weekend so Wade/rest of smurfs/davey/Doug and everyone else bring cashola:laugh:

C-Whiz
14-10-08, 10:36 PM
OK, so this weekend aside, should we lock in the last weekend of November as the date for the "big one"? And then the question is, Saturday or Sunday? Let's really set a date in stone so anyone/everyone who wants to be there can pencil it in and know for sure when it's gonna be.

I'm working this weekend, 2pm start, so probably have to bail 1pm-ish. So if there is going to be enough for an early starters game I'm in. If not, then I'll be there next week. :thumbsup:

titanstattman
14-10-08, 11:09 PM
Hey guys I'm in and I'll also ask Dennis and my mate Josh who just got back from NZ, but don't worry...he is an Aussie. ;)

Well well good to hear the Diehard will be joining us this week great to hear.....

Paul
17-10-08, 06:18 PM
tomorrow is on,rain/hail or shine..yes??

It's supposed to be a lovely 23 degrees with 50% humidity...perfect for touch

Wade,bring the frisbee as a backup lol

titanstattman
17-10-08, 08:14 PM
tomorrow is on,rain/hail or shine..yes??

It's supposed to be a lovely 23 degrees with 50% humidity...perfect for touch

Wade,bring the frisbee as a backup lol

Dont worrie i'll be there for sure hope to see every1 there.....

Even the old ones who say they started it..........jks

GCT_89
17-10-08, 08:24 PM
pretty sure it was the likes of Diehard, Steve, C-whiz, goatus, myself and kerri that started it/attended the first 'session'.......lol

botanical gardens................begining of the year......

C-Whiz
17-10-08, 11:18 PM
I doubt I'll bother for tomorrow. Gotta start work at 2pm, which means I'd have ot be outta there by 1pm, and doesn't look like many people have replied.

So, what about a big day of touch, bbq and cricket at the end of November? If you are interested, say it now. The we can get the ball rolliing with some teams and other ideas. If we can get a few certain starters we can start looking at recruiting others to make up the numbers. If we don't get some names and commitment now, it will just fade away and the opportunity will be missed.

it's up to us to make this happen. :thumbsup:

hicksey
17-10-08, 11:45 PM
im in for the big day

TITAN PETE
18-10-08, 12:06 AM
I doubt I'll bother for tomorrow. Gotta start work at 2pm, which means I'd have ot be outta there by 1pm, and doesn't look like many people have replied.

So, what about a big day of touch, bbq and cricket at the end of November? If you are interested, say it now. The we can get the ball rolliing with some teams and other ideas. If we can get a few certain starters we can start looking at recruiting others to make up the numbers. If we don't get some names and commitment now, it will just fade away and the opportunity will be missed.

it's up to us to make this happen. :thumbsup:

That day sounds better more so if it's a Sunday :)

DIEHARD
18-10-08, 08:07 AM
I'm out, I had the pleasure of breaking down in peak hour Brisbane traffic yesterday and my car is on my brother's front lawn 50km away. Yea this is nearly exactly what happened a couple months ago, same time, same thing and 100m away from the same position. To say I was pissed off was an understatement, but luckily Goatus is a mechanic.... :thumbsup: :laugh:

Dennis buddy....

titanstattman
18-10-08, 11:29 AM
I'm out, I had the pleasure of breaking down in peak hour Brisbane traffic yesterday and my car is on my brother's front lawn 50km away. Yea this is nearly exactly what happened a couple months ago, same time, same thing and 100m away from the same position. To say I was pissed off was an understatement, but luckily Goatus is a mechanic.... :thumbsup: :laugh:

Dennis buddy....

he'll drive u down wouldnt he....

Paul
18-10-08, 07:23 PM
FOURRRRRRRRRRRRR (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/theredsunband/?action=view&current=18102008215.flv)

I LOL'd during all of this, Those poor bastards with the basketball must have been crapping themselves :laugh:

Boofhead
18-10-08, 07:31 PM
Haha that is awesome!

DIEHARD
22-10-08, 01:22 AM
Guys with World Cup games on this Saturday, it might be a great opportunity to catch up and watch the games after playing some footy.

goldcoastitans
22-10-08, 12:09 PM
guys not making touch this sat ...i will be at the indy having a few to many brewskies!
then im thinking of getting a tatt....i was thinking of gett Chris Walker on my arm anyone thing of a font ......to early.............ok bad joke!

GCT_89
22-10-08, 02:54 PM
guys not making touch this sat ...i will be at the indy having a few to many brewskies!
then im thinking of getting a tatt....i was thinking of gett Chris Walker on my arm anyone thing of a font ......to early.............ok bad joke!

dude, not even 24 hours yet..............lol

but still....HAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

DIEHARD
22-10-08, 05:49 PM
Yea I forgot about the Indy until i opened up the paper this morning.

Might just meet some Brisbane based peoples at the Ploug Inn at Southbank.

I'll wear my England RL jersey and pretend to be a pom all night.

Steve
22-10-08, 05:57 PM
I'll wear my England RL jersey and pretend to be a pom all night.

I should join you in that. A girl said I sounded English on Saturday night!

Paul
22-10-08, 06:29 PM
I was in rebel on the weekend and the english jerseys are quality

One thing I do hate though is international teams with sponsors. I think national teams shouldn't have sponsors anywhere near the playing strip

DIEHARD
22-10-08, 06:46 PM
I was in rebel on the weekend and the english jerseys are quality

One thing I do hate though is international teams with sponsors. I think national teams shouldn't have sponsors anywhere near the playing strip

I know what you mean mate. I'm much in that camp. But I also think it's more important for these nations, even Australia to get more revenue and form on going partnerships with businesses. To help build their domestic development and fund tours between World Cups.

Tonga and France don't have sponsors on the front of their jerseys, I kinda wish they did. I have mixed feelings over the Kangaroos VB sponsorship, but ultimately think its good for the ARL. Especially because the ARL pumps so much money into development especially in WA and PNG. More power to them.

LOL Steve poor bastard, being called a Pom. Let's do it man, I'll do my David Lister impersonation all night and call Aussies stinking convicts.

Paul
22-10-08, 07:00 PM
Make it like international soccer though. They have sponsors all over the training shirts/polo shirts/tracksuits and merchandise but never on the playing strip,Not even the americans have sponsorship on the playing uniforms

DIEHARD
22-10-08, 07:05 PM
Yea but we are hardly American baseball or NFL. Or English soccer. :(

kwigibo
24-10-08, 11:26 AM
Can't make it tomorrow if it's even on. Folks and sister get back from overseas and they'll be pissed if I'm not there to meet them. So if it is on, someone else will have to bring a footy.

hugebrianfan
24-10-08, 07:58 PM
i was going to play touch footy this year but my friend's family didnt make up a team thi year :(

hicksey
28-10-08, 05:36 PM
hey guys is there going to be a touch footy game this saturday as world cup is on so i thought if there is a game my mate and i will come down early

C-Whiz
01-11-08, 10:56 AM
hey guys is there going to be a touch footy game this saturday as world cup is on so i thought if there is a game my mate and i will come down earlyI dunno if there is, but judging by the lack of response I'd say not. I was going to head down for a run and catch up, but not sure now.

number2fan
06-11-08, 01:16 PM
Im up for this weekend if any1 else is

Be good to meet some ppl from here

titanstattman
06-11-08, 01:47 PM
Im up for this weekend if any1 else is

Be good to meet some ppl from here

Not too sure if i got the kids on sat so if not im there might bring the golf again...

titanstattman
11-11-08, 10:02 PM
Ok ppl who is up for sum touch on this sat its been a few weeks since we all got down there for a run so come on guys lets get out there

daveyk
11-11-08, 10:37 PM
Ok ppl who is up for sum touch on this sat its been a few weeks since we all got down there for a run so come on guys lets get out there

count me out this week...... already got a big day ahead of me

DIEHARD
11-11-08, 10:57 PM
I got the World Cup Semi at Lang Park on Saturday, will be busy all day.

C-Whiz
12-11-08, 01:30 PM
Working an arvo shift, start at 2pm. Would come down for an earlier run, but doubt that's going to happen. I'll keep an eye on the thread though.