PDA

View Full Version : DIEHARD, Tats, Paul and Whiz make the Bulletin!

DIEHARD
06-09-08, 03:47 AM
Paul, C Whiz and Doug all answered a call from the Gold Coast Bulletin to do a story on The Legion for Saturday's paper.

I go to http://www.goldcoast.com.au at 3:30am in the morning to have a sniff around for any Titans stories. Not really expecting to see our story online...

And on the front page I see this....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/legionbully.jpg

Link -> http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/09/06/15974_gold-coast-lead-story.html

Thanks to Steve our favourite Bully journo and Kit our favourite photographer and thanks for capturing so many Titans fans passionate support during the year.

I often get calls to rally up Legion/Titans fans for media. But you don't have to be a Legionnaire to be involved. Just a Titans fan, so if you would like to be informed about any other events, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who turned out and to Wade and Adam/GCT 89 (Edit, sorry I forgot you bro, truth is you are hard to forget!) as well who attended a meeting with the Titans on Wedndesday. It's tough to organise things midweek, but you guys really giggled your schedules and donated time and effort to the club you love.

How great does the picture look! That sword is the best 12 bucks I've ever spent. And check out the Whiz' signed jersey!

How funny is it that they printed the story about Davey's cutout! I told them the story and even showed Steve the journo a picture of it on my phone and he burst out laughing. Great work Dave!

Well done for making the headline Doug and I think the picture of you is so funny and mischeivious. :laugh:

Thanks to all the Gold Coast Titans out there who have helped make 2008 the best year of rugby league I've experienced! I love you all!

titanstattman
06-09-08, 05:28 AM
Hahaha i know its on page 2 of the bully..Its also a diff pic its got u up front with the sword and even in that pick i dont look right but in saying that i woork for a cpl of days stright and i just came from work to there....

Thanks for invite and i say to others if the time comes up and u can make go along to one of these things u'll have abit of fun....

Paul
06-09-08, 06:38 AM
Bloody hell,they picked a shocking pic of me:D :D :D

Thanks Brad, It was a great 2 days of titans stuff. I really enjoyed it and was pretty impressed with the Titans staff and how supportive of us(the fans) they were. It was a bit of an eye opener about what goes on behind the scenes and how they want to approach things next season

Thanks to everyone who turned out and to Wade as well who attended a meeting with the Titans on Wedndesday.

don't forget Adam as well!

daveyk
06-09-08, 09:13 AM
i can tell you that i am laughing so hard that they lead the story off about my cut-out.... well it just goes to show that if you are going to miss a game in 2009, the bench mark has been set.... there will be penalties otherwise.. :laugh:

okay so bring on the sunday recruit drive.... give me the flyers!!!!

Nathalie
06-09-08, 09:23 AM
Well I will prob be living in Brisbane by next season.. but that doesn't give me an excuse for not going to the games! I would love a Legion membership, see how we'll go with the funds.

Congrats, boys!! See you all tomorrow!! Let's make it a great one!! :D

titanstattman
06-09-08, 09:45 AM
Bloody hell,they picked a shocking pic of me:D :D :D

Hahaha it looks like u are about to go to sleep.

GCT_89
06-09-08, 10:21 AM
Well I will prob be living in Brisbane by next season.. but that doesn't give me an excuse for not going to the games! I would love a Legion membership, see how we'll go with the funds.

well im a northsider and havent missed a game this year........

the great thing about a membership (LEGION) is that its a great christmas present that can be enjoyed all year round...............

Steve
06-09-08, 10:36 AM

Not only Adam and his family, Brad, Dennis, me, we all make the trek down! I know plenty of others do too, I've seen them on the trains. :D

hicksey
06-09-08, 10:52 AM
hey nat i live in redcliffe so u better make it to all games.still havent missed a game and not going to start now. lol i even take time off work to make it in on time

goldcoastitans
06-09-08, 11:00 AM
great pic guys you did well ...BRAD i did give the other smurfs the message about the pics being taken but i kinda gave them the wrong day :) i told them it was on friday and not Thursday ......my bad

Doug and i had a good laugh about it on the phone yesterday ..i could just seeing them all turn up for the photos and all in there gear and no one else turns up hahaha

anyway again great photo and its the beginning of the great changes to The Legion!!

Nathalie
06-09-08, 11:33 AM
well im a northsider and havent missed a game this year........

the great thing about a membership (LEGION) is that its a great christmas present that can be enjoyed all year round...............

Oh trust me.. that's what I want for my Xmas pressie this year!!

Not only Adam and his family, Brad, Dennis, me, we all make the trek down! I know plenty of others do too, I've seen them on the trains. :D

hey nat i live in redcliffe so u better make it to all games.still havent missed a game and not going to start now. lol i even take time off work to make it in on time

The only issue I would have with getting there is the cost of the ticket. I don't know if I'll be able to get a membership, for Xmas or otherwise :( but I will try as hard as I can to get one. The only issue stopping me would be the cost.

We are planning to move to Capalaba or around that area, as that's where Shaun now works. But I'll still be jumping on the train at Helensvale because I'd have to bring Ariana to mum at Dad's (Oxenford, where I am now) first.

I can't wait :D

Paul
06-09-08, 12:12 PM
But I'll still be jumping on the train at Helensvale

thats where me,Kwigibo and his sisters all jump on the train

Steve
06-09-08, 12:25 PM

So does DIEHARD, you just wouldn't know it, we're all at the game before he decides to rock up. ;)

titanstattman
06-09-08, 01:07 PM
So has any1 seen the pic in todays paper????

Frist time i have made a head line for a good reason...:fist: :laugh: :laugh:

Paul
06-09-08, 01:08 PM
I saw the paper,I look just as bad in that one as the one online

Doug you look like a naughty schoolkid with your cheeky grin lol

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

titanstattman
06-09-08, 01:10 PM
I saw the paper,I look just as bad in that one as the one online

Doug you look like a naughty schoolkid with your cheeky grin lol

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hahah there was alot of RAAAAAAA going on just gotta finsh it off with a happy one....:laugh:

Nathalie
06-09-08, 01:30 PM

Yayy!! Well, there ya go!

P.S. Dougie, you naughty little schoolkid, you... :laugh:

DIEHARD
06-09-08, 04:34 PM
http://www.rugby13.org/brad/legioninbully.jpg

Here is a scan of the story from the paper.

titanstattman
06-09-08, 06:04 PM
They both a funny pic......:laugh: :laugh:

DIEHARD
06-09-08, 06:08 PM
They both a funny pic......:laugh: :laugh:

I reckon it should be your new forum avatar! :laugh:

titanstattman
06-09-08, 06:15 PM
I reckon it should be your new forum avatar! :laugh:

witch one??????......

DIEHARD
06-09-08, 06:20 PM
witch one??????......

I reckon the first one, it's the best.

titanstattman
06-09-08, 06:23 PM
I reckon the first one, it's the best.

As i was talking to paul eraly today i said if they picked these to photos just think wat the other ones look like.... Maybe the RAAAAA was all to much....:laugh: :laugh:

Paul
06-09-08, 11:32 PM
As i was talking to paul eraly today i said if they picked these to photos just think wat the other ones look like.... Maybe the RAAAAA was all to much....:laugh: :laugh:

thats what I'm blaming Doug,I was too busy looking at Kit to concentrate not looking like a knobface in the photos :laugh:

titanstattman
07-09-08, 02:20 AM
thats what I'm blaming Doug,I was too busy looking at Kit to concentrate not looking like a knobface in the photos :laugh:

I allso think it was thatb sec guy to saying stuff in a ears but it was ptetty funny.....

titanstattman
07-09-08, 05:39 AM
http://www.rugby13.org/brad/legioninbully.jpg

Here is a scan of the story from the paper.

Im still trying to think (it hurts) how Steve came up with the headline??