PDA

View Full Version : Rumour

totally
05-09-08, 01:38 PM
Ive heard a strong rumour that a leading Titans u/20s player who has played NRL this season will be gone to the game for 2 years . Religious Reasons.

totally
05-09-08, 01:51 PM
Boom NRL rookie Jordan Rapana is the next young Mormon facing a decision between continuing his playing career or embarking on a religious overseas mission. Don't be surprised if he leaves. His elder brother has completed the two-year mission and there may be pressure from the Gold Coast winger's parents to follow suit. Last year, Krisnan Inu and Israel Folau decided to forgo the mission because they felt they could assist the church better by maintaining their profiles in league. Inu has become quite a mentor to young Mormons and has been approached by several parents of players seeking advice. He told Rapana's father it was a family decision.

My word is he is going on the mission.

Paul
05-09-08, 02:04 PM
Krisnan Inu and Israel Folau decided to forgo the mission because they felt they could assist the church better by maintaining their profiles in league. .

Translated that means "screw that, I'm making serious cash at the moment so money>my religion"

I'd be absolutely devo'd if rapana left

DIEHARD
05-09-08, 02:22 PM
I'd be shattered if Jordan left, but I'd respect his decision.

I actually think staying in rugby league and giving greater profile to the church is a valid reason.

titanstattman
05-09-08, 02:38 PM
He told Rapana's father it was a family decision.

My word is he is going on the mission.

I dont think he will go.....

totally
05-09-08, 02:43 PM
Have to totally respect his desicion whichever way he opts...Bloody tough call for him.

My mail is very strong.

Paul
05-09-08, 03:03 PM
I'll respect his decision. If his beliefs are that strong then it has to take priority over footy but I think the titans have a right to know he was considering this before he just decides to "shoot off" Hopefully he did the right thing and informed the titans of his possible intentions long before now.

as a fan though I would be gutted beyond belief

GCT_89
05-09-08, 06:36 PM
yea i figured thats what his older brother joel was up to, coz i remember them both being with the club but wondered where joel was.........

jordan has got a big decision on his hands, but it goes to show that such relegious discipline is great for young football players..........

ill respect his decision either way.......

but interesting to hear how inu went about it...........................

kwigibo
05-09-08, 07:30 PM
yea i figured thats what his older brother joel was up to, coz i remember them both being with the club but wondered where joel was.........

jordan has got a big decision on his hands, but it goes to show that such relegious discipline is great for young football players..........

ill respect his decision either way.......

but interesting to hear how inu went about it...........................

It was my understanding that Joel already did his, he did play QLD cup this year.

Ryan
05-09-08, 07:44 PM
I find it distgusting, what churches get away with. This is nothing more than exploitation of young minds to gain financial and political power. Churches are Corporate Enterprises, make no mistake about that. They tax their members to invest in real estate, stock and build golden temples. They do not feed the poor or even pay tax on their earnings.

The likes of Rapana, Inu, Folau have already made huge sacrifices and worked hard to earn themselves a career which is time limited. The church then puts pressure on them to put their life on hold to sell the churches product in order to increase revenue. What do these boys get in return after handing over 10% of their income and living a life of abstinence and worship? - They get told they will be accepted into heaven when they die :thumbsup:

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" rakes in an estimated $4.7b each year, most coming from Tithe - but since the church has not released it's financial figures for 50yrs, you can only speculate.

TITANS007
01-04-09, 03:00 PM
Very well said Ryan.

I think it stinks! Why can't they go on their missions after their footy carreers are finished? You'd think the church would like this idea as they would be more well known at the end of their careers, not at the beginning and, so more able to make an impact.

DIEHARD
01-04-09, 05:48 PM
Well it is his own personal reasons, so whatever they may be I think they should be accepted and respected.