PDA

View Full Version : The Legion in 2009

DIEHARD
03-09-08, 04:36 PM
The Legion in 2009

http://www.thealbionalliance.com/pics/legionmembership09a.jpg

DIEHARD
03-09-08, 04:58 PM
Here is a sneak preview of The Legion membership for 2009.

Nathan Friend is the new patron player of The Legion in 2009. A very appropriate choice, seening as he is such a warrior.

The prices are greatly reduced for The Legion membership in 2009 (Down $100 for an adult) with an adult costing $250 and a concession $208.

Of course you still get the famous Legion helmet and sword on top of the regular Titans members merchandise.

Family tickets of 2 (One adult one junior) and 4 (2 adults and 2 juniors) people are available.

We really want to get at least 200 Legion members for 2009, so please join us in Section 30 and bring your own style of support to The Legion and meet dozens of brand new friends to enjoy the footy with.

And did I mention that it's heaps cheaper in 2009? :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
03-09-08, 05:00 PM
Wow Those prices are amazing! Anyone who has been thinking about joining the Legion for next year should jump at that. And you still get all the gear! Great value.

Paul
03-09-08, 05:13 PM
It was totally worth it for the $350 this year so for $250 next season I'm stoked, especially since I'm broke at the moment :laugh:

hicksey
03-09-08, 05:14 PM
u can buy them on the 12th of this month i already checked. lol ill be buying 1 for sure

goldcoastitans
03-09-08, 05:17 PM
i am finally going to stop paying for everygame and become a member :D .....did i mention FINALLY becoming a member

DIEHARD
03-09-08, 05:19 PM
Encourage everyone you know, mates and family to sign up for a Legion membership.

We'll get a major boost in membership numbers once all the people who don't have membership sign up. And with all the promotion and the great new price tag, I'm sure we'll get lots of new fans.

I'm going to get an extra one, maybe 2 if I can afford it.

daveyk
03-09-08, 06:08 PM
i am also thinking about buying an extra pass....

that way i can drag friends along more often...

what else did come out of the meeting today brad???

DIEHARD
03-09-08, 06:26 PM
i am also thinking about buying an extra pass....

that way i can drag friends along more often...

what else did come out of the meeting today brad???

It was a very good meeting and we were represented by myself, Wade, Paul, C Whiz and Adam (GCT 89).

A lot of ideas were exchanged and created and a 30 minute meeting turned into 90 mins. So that alone tells you it was a great success.

In 2009, we will be having a Legion website, the Southern Legion will be becoming a greater part of The Legion with its own membership (Maybe Legion without the tickets and a special offer for Sydney Titans games.), we look like we will get our own Legion signage on the front of our bay.

They are looking at making a Legion commercial, which if it goes ahead would be shot on a future weekend.

The target for members is 214, which the club is confident we can reach.

There is now a family ticket of 2 adults and 2 juniors.

We will be getting flyers on Sunday to hand out to help recruit for the Legion in 2009. :thumbsup:

We talked about future expansion, when we fill up to rows 14 in Section 30. And the idea to expand into Sections 29 and 31 was raised, meaning we'd have extra front rows to stand and wave flags as well as being close to each other to chant. Expanding across would be a much better idea than expanding backwards.

We have to make sure we don't leave confetti on the field, but we can still use confetti. We just have to make sure we keep it in the stands. Throwing it backwards or from the concrete platform would be a good idea.

We will have future meetings about the Legion with the club.

Once memberships are finalised, the club is looking at producing a special Legion shirt that can be ordered by Legion members. :D

Our new player patron is Nathan Friend and we talked about involvement and acknowledgement by players.

I'll come back with some more soon, but I'm sure the others can add.

It was a fantastic meeting and they had a powerpoint presentation on the wall featuring a slideshow of Legion pictures which looked stunning. We talked about how great it is for the club to have these types of pictures in the paper and the smurfs on so many television promos. It reflects very well on the club and they want to support us to getting even bigger.

Sylvie aka BringBackWillie will also be submitting a submission about the Southern Legion to the club after she has canvassed all the Sydney based fans for ideas. So exciting times for those in Sydney and those lucky enough to visit.

Paul
03-09-08, 06:26 PM
I'll let Brad explain it all Davey but I'll just add it was very productive in many ways.

[edit] haha I'm too late as usual :laugh:

daveyk
03-09-08, 06:41 PM
awesome....

cheers mate.... i was trying to make it... but woke up late... again.. LOL

things are really looking good for '09... cant wait...

Boofhead
03-09-08, 06:55 PM
Amazing work guys, a lot to be excited about!

Those prices are so much better, I can already tell that our member base will grow amazingly!

C-Whiz
03-09-08, 07:05 PM
And don't forget that memberships are fully transferable, so if you can't make a game you can pass it on to someone else and let them else enjoy the best atmosphere in the NRL! :thumbsup:

Steve
03-09-08, 07:09 PM
It all sounds very positive.
They've really taken everything on board and run with it.
Any issues we had seem to have been addressed.

I am a little selfish in a way, we have a great bunch of people down the front now, and we'll probably end up diluted a bit, and no doubt with people we won't all get on with so well, but this should make it easier and encourage the people who've said they wish they bought Legion tickets!

BringBackWillie
03-09-08, 09:03 PM
Well done guys!

Sounds like an extremely positive meeting! :D

goldcoastitans
04-09-08, 08:57 AM
I'll let Brad explain it all Davey but I'll just add it was very productive in many ways.

[edit] haha I'm too late as usual :laugh:

lol yeh i think Brad covered everything in the meeting except telling everyone of the Legion members that they are very proud of us and dont want anything to change (except the confetti on the field) and look forward to the expansion of the section in '09!!!

Paul
04-09-08, 09:31 AM
(except the confetti on the field)

and Broken drumsticks :laugh:

curly_11
04-09-08, 09:57 AM
did anyone raise the point of Legion/ Fans player of the year award?

Paul
04-09-08, 10:59 AM
Come to think of it that wasn't mentioned.It must have been the only bloody thing that wasn't though.

There will be more chances to air these ideas over the coming months though:thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
04-09-08, 11:14 AM
did anyone raise the point of Legion/ Fans player of the year award?

no because if you remember on one of the Titans Tv series they bought it up and the panel said it would be to hard because the voting is not constant each week

20 people might vote one week
then the next week 50 people might vote

but they said they would try and work something out .....it wasnt that many episodes ago that they were talking about it ....have a look and see if you can still see it

......WOULD be nice though :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
04-09-08, 11:21 AM
The best way to do a fan player of the year would be to let every Titans member input their member number and vote through and online interface through the Titans website. Consistancy and inclusiveness are the main goals.

As Wade said they are really proud of the Legion and don't want to change anything, only make it bigger and better. We are so very lucky to follow a club like the Titans! :thumbsup:

curly_11
04-09-08, 11:24 AM
so why not percentage the votes each week? So if scott prince got 30 of the 100 votes its 30%. Add the percentages up at the end of the year and bingo we have a winner!

Titansguy
04-09-08, 11:25 AM
The Legion in 2009

http://www.rugby13.org/brad/legionmembership09a.jpg

check it out.

its me on the brochure with my face painted hahaha

cant wait for next year

goldcoastitans
04-09-08, 11:49 AM
check it out.

its me on the brochure with my face painted hahaha

cant wait for next year

yeh we had a good laugh in the meeting about the pic ...GOOD WORK :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
17-12-08, 06:41 PM
So it's nearly the end of 2008 and we really need to push on with recruitment of new Legionnaires for 2009.

If anyone out there wants to get a Titans membership, I recommend getting a Legion one. And if fans out there have any friends interested in the Titans, now is the time to sell them on it.

Let's reach our target of 200 Legionnaires in 2009! :thumbsup:

Paul
17-12-08, 07:42 PM
Requirement: You will need to bring your yelling voice to sec 30 every game.

titanstattman
17-12-08, 08:08 PM
Iv already got 3 new members for 09 im not to sure if im going to join next year....

DIEHARD
17-12-08, 08:19 PM
im not to sure if im going to join next year....

Why not mate? You are the legion!

Paul
17-12-08, 08:58 PM
Iv already got 3 new members for 09 im not to sure if im going to join next year....

wtf???

Titansguy
18-12-08, 01:51 PM

u cant not be in the legion. ur our body guard from off duty cops.

dee13
18-12-08, 03:45 PM
Dougie, If you aren't in the Legion next year, Blade will jump the fence looking for ya so he can drag ur ass down to section 30. He is probably the only guy at the stadium with bigger guns than you so don't think he won't do it.:laugh:

titanstattman
19-12-08, 09:54 PM
Haha bring it on big blue...

Im sure u bay 30 guys can do it with out me......

GCT_91
31-01-09, 02:38 PM
since there is going to be somany more members to the legion, maybe i should paint up more of my drums.

howmany should i do?

hully gully
31-01-09, 05:40 PM
has there been any feed back about the legion sign going in front of bay 30 and also the legion shirts that have been mentioned that could be ordered, if so will the shirts be ready for the knights game,plus how do we order them?...

kwigibo
31-01-09, 06:17 PM
has there been any feed back about the legion sign going in front of bay 30 and also the legion shirts that have been mentioned that could be ordered, if so will the shirts be ready for the knights game,plus how do we order them?...

You could always mock up your own and get it from cafepress (http://www.cafepress.com/)

GCT_91
31-01-09, 10:49 PM
we already have the legion banner i made

:p

titanstattman
05-02-09, 09:07 PM
Ok i thought i'll let every1 know that mel & I are memebers for 09

GCT_91
06-02-09, 11:35 AM
thats great to hear doug, was really hoping you would rejoin. :D

DIEHARD
06-02-09, 05:21 PM
Ok i thought i'll let every1 know that mel & I are memebers for 09

Brilliant news! Glad to have Doug and Mel back with us in 09! I'm more excited about this year, mainly because I know what's in store!

titanstattman
07-02-09, 08:03 PM
Mel and i are so pumped for 09 its going to be a great great year at skilled and for footy we cant wait for RD1

hully gully
07-02-09, 08:40 PM
good i will now cancel the order for the life size inflatable doug, you were going to be in legion one way or another.....

daveyk
09-02-09, 06:27 PM
hahahahahhaha

am getting rather excited

goldcoastitans
15-02-09, 05:36 PM
i am so pumped now....all i need is my membership, my new Shirt and its ON!!

DIEHARD
19-02-09, 03:32 PM
Come on Legionnaire's sign up for 2009 membership!

I can't wait to get back to the footy and Section 30. Now that I know what to look forward to, I am so much more excited than this time last year, even though we had a new stadium to look forward to.

The people and the atmosphere are just fantastic!

I'll be bringing my brother to a lot of games this year as well as a few mates.

So the Titans Legion Entourage is growing!

GCT_91
20-02-09, 11:39 AM
anybody know howmany members there are now?

DIEHARD
20-02-09, 03:16 PM
anybody know how many members there are now?

I haven't got a recent update, I'll get one next week. But we'd probably be just over 100 atm, which isn't 200 but it's also a big increase on last year. I know a lot of people are yet to sign up so we'll get a good few more to come.

I just put in for another Legion membership and will probably get a 3rd next week.

So if you wanna be a Legion Member, please get in now and show your support and reap the benefits! :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
09-03-09, 07:33 PM
anybody know howmany members there are now?i was up there today, talking to the new girl in charge of Memberships. Her name is Gemma and she has come across from the Brisbane Lions, so it's certainly a step in the right direction for her! :D For those that are unaware, Chris and Lisa have both left the Titans family.

Gemma was very helpful and advised me that the Legion is currently running at about 100, but there are a few more to come in. Given the general down-turn in memberships across the board due to the financial crisis (and other clubs are feeling it a hell of a lot worse!) I think everyone is pretty satisfied with the way the season is shaping up.

Obviously more members is a better option, but I am certain that it's quality over quantity when it comes to the Legion! :salute:

DIEHARD
09-03-09, 08:06 PM
i was up there today, talking to the new girl in charge of Memberships. Her name is Gemma and she has come across from the Brisbane Lions, so it's certainly a step in the right direction for her! :D For those that are unaware, Chris and Lisa have both left the Titans family.

Gemma was very helpful and advised me that the Legion is currently running at about 100, but there are a few more to come in. Given the general down-turn in memberships across the board due to the financial crisis (and other clubs are feeling it a hell of a lot worse!) I think everyone is pretty satisfied with the way the season is shaping up.

Obviously more members is a better option, but I am certain that it's quality over quantity when it comes to the Legion! :salute:

Great post Chris! You summed it up well. Great growth for the Legion and lots of new friends to meet this Sunday!

shamus
10-03-09, 12:01 PM
Lisa have both left the Titans family.B] :salute:

What!........No Lisa!! She was fantastic. Lisa always made herself available, even giving me her mobile number back in the early days when things were a little hectic with membership and game passes etc. Just one example of Lisa's 'work ethic' was to drive around the Gold Coast on game day (Very first game at Skilled) handing out the season passes that didn't get delivered in time to their owners. Me being one of them.

I hope she is happy in whatever career path she has taken....and if you are reading this Lisa, thank you for all the work you have done for me over the past 3 years. I ,and many others have appreciated it.

lonegull
10-03-09, 12:08 PM
i have dealt with Gemma after sending lisa a email, gemma replied straight away and i couldnt ask for any more help with my membership enquiry she was very passionate about her job and the titans and her service was second to none

shamus
10-03-09, 12:13 PM
i have dealt with Gemma after sending lisa a email, gemma replied straight away and i couldnt ask for any more help with my membership enquiry she was very passionate about her job and the titans and her service was second to none

oops...........I hope my post about Lisa didn't retract from what Gemma's role is. I am sure she is more than competent in her role as Lisa's replacement. Sorry if it came across that way.

Sorry Gemma......

Steve
10-03-09, 12:28 PM
What!........No Lisa!! She was fantastic. Lisa always made herself available, even giving me her mobile number back in the early days when things were a little hectic with membership and game passes etc. Just one example of Lisa's 'work ethic' was to drive around the Gold Coast on game day (Very first game at Skilled) handing out the season passes that didn't get delivered in time to their owners. Me being one of them.

I hope she is happy in whatever career path she has taken....and if you are reading this Lisa, thank you for all the work you have done for me over the past 3 years. I ,and many others have appreciated it.

I have to agree, Lisa was great. Both she and Chris always went out of their way to help out. Even with the relay for life, Lisa organised some stuff for us.

I'm sure Gemma will be just as good, the Titans seem to employ great staff!

daveyk
10-03-09, 02:13 PM
can i also just add that in '09 CHRIS or Q1 as some people know him as
will be joining us in THE LEGION this year.

there will a few restless nights leading into sunday....