PDA

View Full Version : Round 26: Gold Coast Titans vs West Tigers

Pumba
02-09-08, 12:54 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers
Skilled Park; Sunday 7th September, 3PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11911.gif

For tickets visit:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/showtickets.aspx?sh=TITANS08&v=SKL&p=ETAN0000012

Gold Coast Titans:
1. Ben Jeffery
2. Jordan Atkins
3. Gavin Cooper
4. Brett Delaney
5. Esi Tonga
6. Mat Rogers
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Daniel Conn
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14. James Stosic
15. Aaron Cannings
16. Will Matthews
17. Luke Swain

patskE
02-09-08, 01:20 PM
ahahah kidding me right?
BJ in it again?
wheres henderson? :S

Coaster
02-09-08, 01:35 PM
Bailey back?

why would he bother for just one game

Boofhead
02-09-08, 01:41 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Wests Tigers
Skilled Park; Sunday 7th September, 3PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx11911.gif

For tickets visit:
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/showtickets.aspx?sh=TITANS08&v=SKL&p=ETAN0000012

Gold Coast Titans:
1. Ben Jeffery
2. Jordan Atkins
3. Gavin Cooper
4. Brett Delaney
5. Esi Tonga
6. Mat Rogers
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Clint Amos
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Daniel Conn
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14. James Stosic
15. Aaron Cannings
16. Will Matthews
17. Luke Swain

mikeyba
02-09-08, 01:45 PM
Bailey back?

why would he bother for just one game

needs to get some game time in... prior to the World Cup.

Boofhead
02-09-08, 01:51 PM
Have a good feeling about this game, Prince and Boof will rise and have an amazing game against their old team.

Titans 38-12

patskE
02-09-08, 03:17 PM
man i dnt know about bailey
i wouldnt risk him coming back early with nothing on the line

daveyk
02-09-08, 05:54 PM
WTF???? wat the hell is jeffery doing there again....

what game was carty watching last night??? obviuosly the same game that AAMI watches alot of the time

in the first 12 minutes BJ had already made 4 mistakes - 3 within the first 6 min :fight:

i hope this lineup changes come sunday

Paul
02-09-08, 05:59 PM
Dumbest decision is bringing Bailey back into the side when it's nothing more than an exhibition match.

I wonder if it's to show the aussie selectors he could be alright for the WC if needed?Carty said last night that Bull called him daily begging to play, surely the titans would use some common sense in this situation and not risk losing our co captain with a more serious injury?

daveyk
02-09-08, 06:00 PM
Dumbest decision is bringing Bailey back into the side when it's nothing more than an exhibition match.

I wonder if it's to show the aussie selectors he could be alright for the WC if needed?Carty said last night that Bull called him daily begging to play, surely the titans would use some common sense in this situation and not risk losing our co captain with a more serious injury?

i am also very worried about this one...

lets just hope that all goes well

hicksey
02-09-08, 06:03 PM
i think bull is trying to make wc coz y would he come back for one game. fingers cross ppl he makes it through 80mins

Steve
02-09-08, 06:17 PM
Pretty sure Bull was due back this round anyhow.

Can't blame him for wanting to play, sitting on the sidelines half the year.
Nothing to play for? How about a win at our last game at home this year!

Besides, it's the birthday game for Paul and I, they owe us a win. :D

hicksey
02-09-08, 06:20 PM
lol thats right we will have to have a drink on sunday with u boys then

Paul
02-09-08, 06:25 PM
Besides, it's the birthday game for Paul and I, they owe us a win. :D

Now I understand why he's back...It's for us Steve :laugh:

Tamwelg
02-09-08, 06:29 PM
Ben Jeffery still in the side, WTF are the thinking. Looks like we are going to leak a few tries through kicks.

Steve
02-09-08, 06:38 PM
Now I understand why he's back...It's for us Steve :laugh:

Damn straight. I gave Bull a call the other week and told him. He said he'd come back for us, and see about scoring a hattrick. ;)

kwigibo
02-09-08, 06:57 PM
I'm all for Bull coming back to get us a win, I reckon they owe us one more, but then it's clear Cartwright doesn't want to win.

daveyk
02-09-08, 07:43 PM
Ben Jeffery still in the side, WTF are the thinking. Looks like we are going to leak a few tries through kicks.

according to wwos.com.au

ben jeffery
tries - 6
tackles - 102
tackles missed - 21
tackle breaks - 37
hit ups - 9
errors - 32

hicksey
02-09-08, 07:44 PM
thats alot of errors. who has the most 4 the team... him?

daveyk
02-09-08, 08:01 PM

yes it is - btw thats with 18 games played
next closest is (i hate to say it) presto with 31 (21 games)
then O'dwyer with 24 (21 games)

Tamwelg
02-09-08, 08:03 PM

Yep, it is him...

Average errors per game:

B.J. - 1.78 (total errors 32)
Preston - 1.47 (31)
Mini - 1.06 (17)

Paul
02-09-08, 08:06 PM
yes it is - btw thats with 18 games played
next closest is (i hate to say it) presto with 31 (21 games)
then O'dwyer with 24 (21 games)

in fairness to preston,he's been standing under bombs all year at the back as opposed to jeffery who is out on the wing

hicksey
02-09-08, 08:09 PM
yeah presto is normaly the most involed normaly though

kwigibo
02-09-08, 08:11 PM
in fairness to preston,he's been standing under bombs all year at the back as opposed to jeffery who is out on the wing

Not to mention he should be playing 5/8th

Ryan
02-09-08, 08:11 PM
..... out on the wing with no support.
Jefferies has plenty of his game to fix up, but he's only young and this was his first year in 1st grade. I reckon he has plenty of potential. I got no problems with Carty sticking it out with him.

daveyk
02-09-08, 08:12 PM

yeah presto is normaly the most involed normaly though

oh yeh... i am not havin a go at presto at all... coz damn , how often does he put his body on the line time and time again

was only going off what the stats say - i was actually shocked to see it was so high

kwigibo
02-09-08, 08:15 PM
was only going off what the stats say - i was actually shocked to see it was so high

He's been coughing the pill up at the back all year, the difference being he does something with it when he does hold onto it.

Titans334
02-09-08, 11:29 PM
another appearance from jeffrey you have got to be kidding me, but hope he goes ok, we need a win, and i think we deserve a win to finish the season.

Supergoose
02-09-08, 11:55 PM
Jeffreys confidence must be shot. There is obviously a reason far beyond my brain cells for him to continue to be selected. I like the fact that Bull is playing. It says to the entire playing roster, that every game is important (plus he is in my e-footy team that is playing it's GF this week). This is the culture that the Titans are striving for and makes me a proud supporter. I hope he has a barnstormer.

The Titans will win this one despite the presence of Jeffreys as the Tigers have turned it up. I hope I can never say that about a Titans performance.

patskE
03-09-08, 01:02 AM
jeffreys playing vs his old club aswell
could fire him up

Nathalie
04-09-08, 01:34 PM
Considering the weather today and what's been said lately, I was getting woried about Sunday. But I just went on the B.O.M. website and saw this:

Gold Coast/Tweed Heads

Forecast for Friday
Rain at first, gradually easing during the morning and becoming fine by the
evening. Moderate to fresh NE to NW winds, strong at times during the morning.
Winds shifting NW to W during the afternoon. Dangerous surf conditions.

Precis: Rain easing Min 11 Max 22

Saturday Fine Max 23
Sunday Fine Max 23

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Steve
04-09-08, 01:36 PM
I was worried too! :D

Steve
04-09-08, 01:48 PM
Just looking up the train info.

Gates open 12:30

Express train departs Central: 10:54am

Coopers Plains 11:15am

Loganlea: 11:32am

Beenleigh: 11:40am

Helensvale: 11:59am

Robina: 12:10pm

Gets you there with plenty of time for gates open!

C-Whiz
04-09-08, 07:37 PM
To answer some points, IMO :

Jeffries will have a better game on Sunday. Can't be any worse.

Preston has made a lot of statistical errors, but that's not taking into account how many more times he is put in the position to make errors. And he always makes up for it. :thumbsup:

A tip for the young: Never use statistics alone to form an opinion. :)

Bull isn't being "rushed" in. He is ready to play. He will smash them! Go Bull!

The Titans will romp home by 24 points in a glorious end to the season, again showing the fans what they could have done all year with a full roster.

Tigers fans will be left wondering how they let Prince and Boof go, but on their way back to dreary Sydney they will realise why they came North ;)

Anyway, I'll be at the game early. It's Fathers day so I will be telling the family how it's going to be! :D

daveyk
04-09-08, 07:48 PM
Anyway, I'll be at the game early. It's Fathers day so I will be telling the family how it's going to be! :D

thats the spirit.....:D

hicksey
04-09-08, 07:56 PM
yeah my gift to dad he doesnt see me or have me fighting with my sisters rnt i a nice daughter. thank god for footy

DIEHARD
04-09-08, 09:17 PM
Great news about the weather looking good for our last game, Sunday arvo footy.

I was worried as well. But still fingers crossed.

patskE
04-09-08, 11:08 PM
Cya At Gates Open!

Paul
05-09-08, 06:53 AM
Cya At Gates Open!

where are you sitting?

Nathalie
05-09-08, 07:03 AM
I'm sitting with the Legion. And I made a hat. It's so purdy. :rolf:

Steve
05-09-08, 08:10 AM
To answer some points, IMO :

Jeffries will have a better game on Sunday. Can't be any worse.

Preston has made a lot of statistical errors, but that's not taking into account how many more times he is put in the position to make errors. And he always makes up for it. :thumbsup:

A tip for the young: Never use statistics alone to form an opinion. :)

Gotta agree with C-Whiz. Stats are interesting, but can't be relied upon in footy. Preston does so much, and his 'errors' come about from the things he tries, which when they come off are spectacular.

Admittedly Jeffery doesn't have the same impact as Presto, but I think we've seen glimpses of good things from him, keeping in mind most of the year he was not getting good service out on the wing.

titanstattman
05-09-08, 08:45 AM
Fathers day wat a great way to spand it at the footy on a sunday arvo we are going to walk away with a win and a good win so looking for toward.

Paul
05-09-08, 08:50 AM
Just had a quick chat with Nathan Friend, he's a really nice bloke. I'm gutted he's out this sunday. It's a pity our most consistant player all season isn't going to play this final game

titanstattman
05-09-08, 08:51 AM
Just had a quick chat with Nathan Friend, he's a really nice bloke. I'm gutted he's out this sunday. It's a pity our most consistant player all season isn't going to play this final game

Why is he not playing?

Paul
05-09-08, 09:02 AM
Because he smacked Josh perry in his big mouth

titanstattman
05-09-08, 09:07 AM
Because he smacked Josh perry in his big mouth

Yeah ture that....

''Doug wonders if she goes raaaa''

Paul
05-09-08, 09:09 AM
''Doug wonders if she goes raaaa''

LOL :D

I was waiting for a comment like this haha

titanstattman
05-09-08, 09:13 AM
LOL :D

I was waiting for a comment like this haha

atleast my flaps are not in my way.......:helpme:

patskE
05-09-08, 09:40 AM
wat time is gate open btw lol

Nathalie
05-09-08, 09:43 AM

12.30 :)

atleast my flaps are not in my way.......:helpme:

Oh dear. :nope: :rolf:

titanstattman
05-09-08, 09:57 AM

So where are u sitting.

12.30 :)

Oh dear. :nope: :rolf:

Its all good but god dam it was funny...

kwigibo
05-09-08, 10:27 AM
So Friend will want to be sitting with us right, if he's going to be the legion's patron player for 2009?

Paul
05-09-08, 10:36 AM
if he's going to be the legion's patron player for 2009?
something he didn't really know about...

Paul
07-09-08, 10:21 PM
When good photos go bad....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/theredsunband/P9070704-1.jpg

I'm having a shocker this week in every bloody photo I'm in :laugh:

patskE
07-09-08, 11:22 PM
just watching the repley of the game then
jeez billy looks like a nrl prospect coming of the bench

lonegull
08-09-08, 07:04 AM
Ben jefferies another shocker i thought he wouldnt be able to play that bad again but he has, he is simply not first grade material, he made some terrible mistakes again how can he be looked at as a first grade footballer what a shocker i cant get over it good to see him get ripped from the field, not many positives but Ngawini was great to bad he is going to union next year would have liked to see him stick around and maybe get more of a chance and Berdie was great of the bench a real workhorse will only get better with a full off season under his belt.

bigjim
08-09-08, 10:53 AM
Judging by the small number of post game comments so far, everyone is feeling the same as me.I know a lot of fans will be jumping on Jeffrey, but really from my perspective, Princey, as much as I love him, had a real shocker.
That's basically where it started and finished. Everyone feeds of his spirit and drive and frankly he was very flat. I mean, when was the last time you can remember Princey kicking out on the full.
Really it was just a very bad day at the office.

No point saying to much more about the game, it serves no purpose.
Keep above the line, and move on to next year with extreme enthusiasm.
We are destined for the Grand Final next year, mark my word. We will have definately have the team to achieve, so long as the 'Gods of Pain and Injury' are with us.

Paul
08-09-08, 10:59 AM
The sad thing for me is for a game which was effectively a "nothing" game the fans turned out in force,almost 21k in the crowd,The team however seemed to have their minds set on mad monday already.The tigers were better than us all over the park and were hungry for the two points.It was also disappointing that even after that performance the crowd all stayed back to cheer them but the team didnt go over to the fans(except Rogers,Gilly & Carty) but just wandered around the ground

I don't blame Jeffery for yesterday,the whole team were flat.When nathan Friend doesn't play we look terrible.I'd even go as far as to say he provides more inspiration to the team than Prince.

I know alot of you don't rate him but Brett Hodgson deserved to bow out of the NRL a winner,he's a fantastic player and one of the good guys

goldcoastitans
08-09-08, 11:07 AM
The sad thing for me is for a game which was effectively a "nothing" game the fans turned out in force,almost 21k in the crowd,The team however seemed to have their minds set on mad monday already.The tigers were better than us all over the park and were hungry for the two points.It was also disappointing that even after that performance the crowd all stayed back to cheer them but the team didnt go over to the fans(except Rogers,Gilly & Carty) but just wandered around the ground

I don't blame Jeffery for yesterday,the whole team were flat.When nathan Friend doesn't play we look terrible.I'd even go as far as to say he provides more inspiration to the team than Prince.

I know alot of you don't rate him but Brett Hodgson deserved to bow out of the NRL a winner,he's a fantastic player and one of the good guys

agree with you there again Paul i would be one to bow that guy out of the NRL he was amazing for us and i love watching him play! ....to me Friend is like our Cameron Smith he organises the team and is a wall in defense! we need him in a game or someone like him to fill in when he doesnt play so we dont fall apart (although i still think that Perry deserved what he got from Friend!!):thumbsup:

bigjim
08-09-08, 11:18 AM
Something I saw yesterday that I have never noticed before was when Delaney was driving towards the line on the right side and just before he went out he managed to dripple a ball back to where he thought Jordan should have been. Jordan wasn't there, and was in fact standing outside Delaney nearer the boundary.
Delaney wasn't happy when Jordan wasn't there to pick up his pass and told him so in no uncertain terms pointing to where he thought he should be.
This was when the team was playing towards the southern stand, so it was later in the first half. It wasn't a good sign of things to come.

Paul
08-09-08, 11:20 AM
If I were Carty I'd be playing Gordon and Tonga on the wings next year. I don't rate atkins that much,he's ok,nothing special

goldcoastitans
08-09-08, 11:26 AM
Something I saw yesterday that I have never noticed before was when Delaney was driving towards the line on the right side and just before he went out he managed to dripple a ball back to where he thought Jordan should have been. Jordan wasn't there, and was in fact standing outside Delaney nearer the boundary.
Delaney wasn't happy when Jordan wasn't there to pick up his pass and told him so in no uncertain terms pointing to where he thought he should be.
This was when the team was playing towards the southern stand, so it was later in the first half. It wasn't a good sign of things to come.

Yeh i noticed that, and as much as i am a fan of Delaney and his defense....his attack is shocking ....if anyone has recorded any games, and has spare time, go back and see how much he hogs the ball in attacking. When someone on his outside has a clear chance to score he drives the ball forward and ruins that little chance of scoring, and when he should rive the ball forward and everyone is expecting him to, he throws an offload (like last night) and then he gets annoyed ....that is something he has to work on and for a center 4 try's in a whole season is just not enough ...but again in attack he is great to watch!

Steve
08-09-08, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't blame Jeffery either, he did some good stuff as well as the bad, but so did the whole team.

Nagwini really played well, added some spark. I think when we were doing the 2 hooker rotation it possibly should have been him rotating with Friend, giving that extra spark to the attack.

Delaney makes a lot of metres, so he's doing something right. Don't think you can blame a winger for standing outside their centre rather than inside. I swear there's been a heap of games where the centre has offloaded to the wing only to find the wing had gone inside.

We definitely need some of those under 20s lads to make it to first grade next year. They're inexperienced and will have some deficiencies in their games, but our outside backs have been an issue all year, so where's the harm?

goldcoastitans
08-09-08, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't blame Jeffery either, he did some good stuff as well as the bad, but so did the whole team.
Delaney makes a lot of metres, so he's doing something right. Don't think you can blame a winger for standing outside their centre rather than inside. I swear there's been a heap of games where the centre has offloaded to the wing only to find the wing had gone inside.

Oh he is doing something right, he makes hit ups and makes meters, im not saying hes crap all im saying is he likes to go for the line himself and not get rid of the ball...in other words he likes to have a dig at the try line and leave the finishers (wingers) to ponder if they would have scored or not in that play.

and as you said steve u cant blame a winger for moving inside...cause thats the smartest thing to do...if the center is getting pushed towards the side line best place to move is inside of him and not closer to the side line ;)

Steve
08-09-08, 11:49 AM
all im saying is he likes to go for the line himself and not get rid of the ball...in other words he likes to have a dig at the try line and leave the finishers (wingers) to ponder if they would have scored or not in that play.

So Matty Rogers is his mentor? ;)

goldcoastitans
08-09-08, 11:53 AM
So Matty Rogers is his mentor? ;)

well i would have to agree there as rodgers love doing the same :D but i thing rogers does more passing close to the line then Delaney

the amount of times Atkins was open for the pass from Delaney, who would draw the opp winger off his line was amazing. i could just picture what was going through Atkins head at those times he could have scored and they would not be nice words i dont think :D

Paul
08-09-08, 12:16 PM
I just realised we haven't won a game at skilled park since June 9th and that was against a storm team with their whole 1st grade side out

:doh:

goldcoastitans
08-09-08, 12:22 PM
I just realised we haven't won a game at skilled park since June 9th and that was against a storm team with their whole 1st grade side out

yeh im trying to forget that side of the season :)

Steve
08-09-08, 12:27 PM

Keep in mind we had very few home games in the back end of the season, so it's not as bad as it sounds. :D

Coaster
08-09-08, 12:50 PM
We won 3 of our last 15 games.

Thats pathetic, nobody should be happy with that.

Our defence is totally wrong. Watching them trying to wrestle on the ground before yesterdays game, just proves they are coaching this garbage. Sending Dancers out to hold players up and then trying to dominate on the ground was last used effectivly in 2006, WAKE UP TO YOURSELF CARTWRIGHT, the game has moved forward, so should you!!!!

I had a great day yesterday with the Legion, but couldnt help feel gutted that the team offered absoulte garbage for us to try and swallow, and asked us to enjoy it.

I cant suger coat it any more, there are players in the team that are not worthy of being called ametures, there is no effort to phisicly dominate in defense, there is no creativity apart from Prince, there is no talk on the field, there is no mongrel is any of our forwards, and there is no more games for us to go spend our hard earned on to watch 17 broom handles acting like revolving doors, thank fark.

Go have a drink Titans, enjoy the sun and hospitality offered from our great city, and have a think about if you want to play for this team, if there are any doubts in your head, or outside influences, dont hesitate, leave and let us blood someone who will happily spill there blood for there mates and worthy fans.

mb63
08-09-08, 03:53 PM
Keep in mind we had very few home games in the back end of the season, so it's not as bad as it sounds. :D

3/15 is not as bad as it sounds?:doh:

Steve
08-09-08, 04:43 PM
3/15 is not as bad as it sounds?:doh:

There have only been 5 home games since that storm game, so no, that's not really a lot of games.

eelectrica
08-09-08, 05:30 PM
Missed my first Titans home game yesterday due to the Opeth concert in Brisbane, doesn't sound like I missed much.

It's hard to believe we won only 3 out of our last 15. Even given our injury toll, we really should have done much better. If a team starts out 3 of 15, they're wooden spoon favorites.

dee13
08-09-08, 06:12 PM
When good photos go bad....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/theredsunband/P9070704-1.jpg

I'm having a shocker this week in every bloody photo I'm in :laugh:

Can someone tell me who the girl in this photo is because my wife thinks she might know her.

Paul
08-09-08, 06:27 PM
Can someone tell me who the girl in this photo is because my wife thinks she might know her.

her name is Renee,she was there with dave

dee13
08-09-08, 06:46 PM
Small world. My wife works with her.

Paul
08-09-08, 06:50 PM
The titans are like the Kevin bacon of the footy world

6 degrees of the the GC titans

:laugh:

jasbec
08-09-08, 09:23 PM
well i would have to agree there as rodgers love doing the same :D but i thing rogers does more passing close to the line then Delaney

the amount of times Atkins was open for the pass from Delaney, who would draw the opp winger off his line was amazing. i could just picture what was going through Atkins head at those times he could have scored and they would not be nice words i dont think :D
I think Atkins is so use to Delaney hogging the bloody ball that he thought that Delaney wouldn't pass but what you know the boy wonder pass it for once in a very ordinary fashion and once again blames everyone else. I've lost count of tries Atkins could of scored if only Delaney had bloody passed it.

daveyk
08-09-08, 10:30 PM
Small world. My wife works with her.

good guys.... :)

goldcoastitans
09-09-08, 09:32 AM
I think Atkins is so use to Delaney hogging the bloody ball that he thought that Delaney wouldn't pass but what you know the boy wonder pass it for once in a very ordinary fashion and once again blames everyone else. I've lost count of tries Atkins could of scored if only Delaney had bloody passed it.

hahaha good to see someone agrees with me!!! :thumbsup:

dee13
09-09-08, 04:19 PM
good guys.... :)

Good Guys, You got it.

Like I said Davey "small world". We had better be good or the girls could gang up on us and post some dirt about us. Wouldn't want everyone here knowing to much.:gossip:

dee13
09-09-08, 04:20 PM
Did anyone get any photos of the lap of honour. If so can they post them up. CHEERS

hicksey
09-09-08, 05:01 PM
there r some on facebook dee if u go on there

bigjim
09-09-08, 05:17 PM

Know what your saying, but on this occasion there wasn't much more than a metre of space between Delaney and the boundary. But I think in all fairness to Jordan, I think he stayed on the boundary line to stop the opposition from pushing Delaney out. He didn't think Delaney was going to off-load.
Just don't think it's a good sign when players show anger towards their own team-mates.

jasbec
10-09-08, 10:05 PM
hahaha good to see someone agrees with me!!! :thumbsup:
Good to see, I thought iI was the only one.:D Carty needs to take the horse blinkers off him and tell him to pull his head in.:fight:

THOMAS
16-01-09, 01:46 PM
ahahah kidding me right?
BJ in it again?
wheres henderson? :S

just curious mate where do you play your rugby, give the kid a chance and he don't have much help from o'dwyer who likes to play a 1 man game. when bj goes up for these balls his TEAM MATES are meant to be there too, or didn't your coach ever teach you that....

titanstattman
18-01-09, 05:24 PM
just curious mate where do you play your rugby, give the kid a chance and he don't have much help from o'dwyer who likes to play a 1 man game. when bj goes up for these balls his TEAM MATES are meant to be there too, or didn't your coach ever teach you that....

Go back and watch the 26 games and u'll find he only had 2 good games maybe 3.....