PDA

View Full Version : Schifcofske named Raiders captain

DIEHARD
25-11-05, 12:17 PM
Canberra has appointed fullback Clinton Schifcofske as captain for the 2006 NRL season.

The Raiders also announced a leadership group comprising Alan Tongue, Lincoln Withers, William Zillman and club captain Jason Crocker.

Schifcofske, who has played 116 of his 211 first grade games with the Raiders, said he was ready to take on the extra responsibility.

"I've played first grade for 10 years and this is obviously something you always aspire to," Schifcofske said.

"I think I'm ready for it and that's something which has come with age, maturity and responsibility.

The former Queensland State of Origin representative paid tribute to his predecessor Simon Woolford, who stepped down as captain last week after five seasons as Raiders skipper to concentrate on his own playing form.

Source: http://www.NRL.com

DIEHARD
25-11-05, 12:18 PM
No surprises here. A choice that many Raiders fans will be happy with.

Super Cronk
25-11-05, 12:31 PM
Yep i think everyone thought schifty would get it. He will do a fine job.

Dakink
25-11-05, 12:56 PM
Yep - Would also be my choice for Captain. Tireless and always leads by example - what you would want in your captain.

DeeGan
25-11-05, 05:54 PM
Yeah, no surprise and the right decision made.

A great player, a guy who will be at the club for an extended period and a player with plenty of experience who is looked up to by youngsters at the club. Schifcofske is well spoken to when it comes to the media side of the role.

DeeGan

Queenslander
25-11-05, 06:14 PM
Good choice by the Raiders he was the obvious choice. :thumbsup:

Luke
25-11-05, 06:39 PM
good choice i would of went with Jason Smith

Queenslander
25-11-05, 07:20 PM
good choice i would of went with Jason Smith

Jason Smith is a bit too old, he is really close to retirement. But like all in his family he keeps coming back for more and shows up the younger blokes.

In-Cyde #1
25-11-05, 07:31 PM
Good move by the Raiders - Captain Clinton......

Kallan
26-11-05, 01:43 PM
Go Schifcofske! He was the obvious choice.

..::Coops::..
26-11-05, 04:51 PM
im g;ad schif got it. i think he will be a great captain.

Teegy
26-11-05, 04:55 PM
Shif Deserves this and will be a great captain