PDA

View Full Version : LEGION Think Tank 2009

daveyk
02-08-08, 05:21 PM
Am just sitting here watching the start of Super Saturday and they were focusing the camera on the Cronulla Supporters. It appears that the group is sponsored (if this is correct, i hadnt noticed before now) it is obviuosly why so many of them travelled up to Skilled earlier in the year.

So the question is... Where is our sponsor???

I really think that the Titans should maybe looking at this for the '09 season.
Just think with some sort of funding available, i am sure that we could get a good amount of THE LEGION supporters travelling to the away games. With the amount of noise and support that we give the team at home, just think how much this could help with our away record. With the team knowing that they will have the support with them everywhere they go.. i think this could help them with the mental issues that have seemed to creep into the heads when away.

So with a group booking on both airfairs and accomodation, that should really cut down the prices with maybe THE LEGION sponsor coming up with half the costs. Also there will be plenty of TV coverage for the sponsor involved. Could even have two or more sponsors.. Obviously there would be a main sponsor with then 2nd tier sponsors after that.

This is my thought, so please feel free to jump onboard and respond..

Am going to look at designing a shirt/jersey fro THE LEGION anyways - we have a graphic designer within our mist....

Any ideas on anything said would be greatly appreciated because this is something i myself would love to apart of next season..:D

Paul
02-08-08, 05:46 PM
a Legion jersey would be superb & would look magic if we all worse the same thing

daveyk
02-08-08, 05:57 PM
a Legion jersey would be superb & would look magic if we all worse the same thing

Yeah Paul, that is atleast where my thinking is coming from. Its the idea that i first had when i heard about THE LEGION.. must say i was dissappointed when that wasnt the case (but have had an awesome time there this year).

I just think that we need to start working on something for '09. If we have a shirt/jersey that was identical, yes it would look awesome. But also it would, i believe, draw a substantial amount of NEW members to THE LEGION.

GCT_07
02-08-08, 06:11 PM
Yessss.... Yesssssss..... Yessssssss

This is something I have been hinting at for a while now.....HOPING that someone or a few people would see the benifits in it. I even considered sponsoring it myself but that would not be a clever business decision based on the fact that my business is in Brisbane :nope: There are 2 stores on the coast, and i have directly asked them when they are going to dip into their pockets to support their local team... and to my HORROR.... the reply was (sit down for this one people)..... I will when the real football team gets here... AFL...... OMG i nearly died and thought there is no bloody way I can allow them to benifit from the Titans... Ohhh yeah I know... bit nasty but to bloody bad....... Mind you the bronco s are probably thinking the same thing about me considering we are 3km s from their stadium :D

ANYWAY...... Davey, in last weeks titan tv...sorry not the one with the bird form section 4... the one before that.... I sent in this email

"Watching the segment this week I was proud of the work that Sil does in the southern legion. The point that was made is one that I think needs to be looked into further. As it was stated, it means a lot to the players to have those supporters there and other teams certainly do have their supporter groups come to Skilled. I know that a trip is being organized for the Manly game but I wonder whether or not this is something we should be starting to look more seriously into for next year. Maybe with the use of sponsorship, we could have a supporters club who travel to the away games. It could be slightly subsidised and organised in bulk so that seats are all purchased together. I m really not sure how to go about this but I m sure we will see the benefits of it at the Manly game, which by the way the Majority of the Skilled Legion will be attending, as well as others.

Just a thought? let?s get the supporters behind the players regardless of where they are playing"

SO anyway.. the idea is to really bring it all together... there response was that there was someone in there looking into it... they mentioned her name but i dont have it on me at the moment... I wrote it down because I was thinking of contacting her....

I think from there we also need to look at the response that girl from section 4 had..... if she and other fans are of the belief that we are this special supporters group that isnt doing their job... well right now we dont have a "job" we are just normal fans just like everyone else.... so do we want to step up and become more or dont we... Is this a group of people who just want to go to the football and yell and scream and have fun.... or are we a supporters group with backing, following out team around the countryside backing them no matter where they play and really becoming a strength to be reckoned with.

Ohhh goodness I could go on and on and on.... I really shouldnt because Saturday night is paperwork night and I m meant to be working.... I just have so many ideas about this and can see exactly where it can be taken.. that I m actually excited that someone has cottoned on to it....

DAVEYK..... I m behind it 100% and bloody excited about it :banana:

Paul
02-08-08, 06:14 PM
Good idea to start the ideas rolling now nice & early for next season.

I think another option is have the section 30 part of the crowd segregated next season.No away fans colours in that one bay of the ground so we can build that section up with similar people to the ones who stand with us at the front. How many times this season have the legion been trying to start the crowd going only to be drowned out by away fans sitting right behind us. I don't think it's unfair or unreasonable for this to happen in just one bay,it's supposed to be the "crazy titans" supporters bay so it looks stupid when it's half filled with away fans.

is Rhys the graphic designer you were talking about?

daveyk
02-08-08, 06:26 PM
I do remember the email that they read out, didnt know that it came from you though... sorry MAA...

I am goin to sit down with BROOKE and see if she would be interested on coming up with a few designs for a LEGION team strip. I am positive that she will considering that she has only sat in her members seat for, i think, 40mins.

I also believe that the TITANS need to also support the diehard (pardon the punt) supporters. At the same time, we are still a young club and yes i know these things will happen. But without sounding negative, we dont have a good away record, so i think that they need to concentrate on getting the fans to all the games. Of course we would fly JETSTAR (maybe they could even paint a plane in TITANS coulours - thats something i would LOVE to see)

This is getting me excited now...

The sponorship doesnt have to be any of the teams sponsors unless the club states that it does... eg: ABC Brick Sales could maybe jump onboard .... but we may have to sing :laugh:

daveyk
02-08-08, 06:29 PM
Good idea to start the ideas rolling now nice & early for next season.

is Rhys the graphic designer you were talking about?

NO, Brooke. Didnt even know that Rhys is a graphic designer...

The reason i am suggesting Brooke is that she has just designed a print for a ladies top of a very well known brand and it looks awesome. and with her being football crazy, its a good option.

Leave it with me.... will tie her to the design table (apple mac) if i have too...

Thanks Brooke - YOUR AWESOME...... :)

GCT_07
02-08-08, 06:36 PM
SING.... SING..... Son you havent gotten me drunk enough to sing... and if you ever do you better wish that you are twice as drunk as me so you cant hear me....ie you ve already passed out :laugh:

ok..... so lets start looking at this.... and not everything will fall into place but at least it s moving in the right direction....

Ok well my thought straight off the bat is this....obviously we need to contact someone at the club and sit down and go through what their requirements would be, what rules they would have because its obviously their name behind it all and their name is a commodity. They may have special requirements regarding who sponsors or how to approach potential sponsors. But I would think that it would be the place to start.

Wade... hmmmm ok Wade.. you seem to have someone on speeddial.....

Davey as a thought... maybe we could try contacting some of the other clubs to see what they have..... Not all of them would be forthcoming on how to set up a supporters club hey... we might get some useful information.......

But maybe first we speak with the club..... Wade.. Mr Speed Dial...... or maybe I email... what do you think

daveyk
02-08-08, 06:38 PM
maybe start with an email first. that seem to be the done thing these days.. haha

have to go out for now (2nd part of my bday)

will have a think about thru the night - drinks always help the thinking process..

stay tuned to this space - or is the ball as its slowly starting to roll

:thumbsup:

GCT_07
02-08-08, 06:41 PM
Cheers... happy part 2 birthday... :drinkies: ... sorry wont be there to give part 2 birthday hug.... enjoy

Paul
02-08-08, 06:47 PM
Iso i think that they need to concentrate on getting the fans to all the games. Of course we would fly JETSTAR (maybe they could even paint a plane in TITANS coulours - thats something i would LOVE to see)

I also emailed them the same week gct did about this same thing. At the end of the day our MAJOR sponsor is a domestic airline which can only be a HUGE advantage to us, surely it's not that hard for them to make extremely cheap plane fares for Titan members on game days.The titans don't need to organise the whole trip(like they are with manly) just dirt cheap flights (and I'm not talking about this *up to $99 each way*) stuff because we could get them cheaper online ourselves.It will go a LONG way to getting more people following the team around.

Away matches are so much fun and everyone should try and experience it

daveyk
02-08-08, 07:00 PM
Away matches are so much fun and everyone should try and experience it

Well i for one Paul is one person that would love experience them... yeh could go down by myslef but how boring, i would get arrested most likely... hahaha

jsut imagine 30-50 in a group + plus the southern LEGION all dressed the same and sticking it back to the long standing clubs... basically saying to them

"YES, we may be a young team, but we are here for the LONG term, so dont mess with THE LEGION! :fight: "

Paul
02-08-08, 07:06 PM
jsut imagine 30-50 in a group + plus the southern LEGION all dressed the same and sticking it back to the long standing clubs... basically saying to them

"YES, we may be a young team, but we are here for the LONG term, so dont mess with THE LEGION! :fight: "

It would be amazing.I'm getting all fired up just thinking about it now :laugh:

I went down to sydney by myself and ended up making a whole new bunch of friends from the southern legion and the other G coasters who flew down,It was an instant bond between everyone just like we have in sec 30. Plus if you're a sole traveller once you get to know the regulars who will do these trips you could share accomodation expenses/airport transfers and stuff if you wanted to.

Steve
02-08-08, 07:13 PM
Sounds a great idea.
We're recognisable by our helmets, but they are a killer to wear on a hot day/night. The Sharks fans jerseys identified them not just as Sharks fans, but as members of their supporter group.

A sponsor to reduce the cost of it all would be even better.
I'd love to see sponsorship making away games more affordable too, but even if the airline gave us free flights, the taxes and duties for flying are still the majority of the cost.

daveyk
02-08-08, 07:19 PM
It would be amazing.I'm getting all fired up just thinking about it now :laugh:

I went down to sydney by myself and ended up making a whole new bunch of friends from the southern legion and the other G coasters who flew down,It was an instant bond between everyone just like we have in sec 30. Plus if you're a sole traveller once you get to know the regulars who will do these trips you could share accomodation expenses/airport transfers and stuff if you wanted to.

yeh i agree bro.... i know we still have 5 games left in 2008 - 3 of which i know all of us will be at and then maybe manly for alot of us aswell (wish they would release the date - damn you channel 9) - but this makes me excited for the 2009 season. Especially if we can get this to work.

And as GCT_07 said, getting the ball rolling as early as possible is a great idea.

Here is just another quick thought, maybe we could even have numbers on the back aswell... where you get the choice to pick - but once a number is gone, its gone. Reason being is that with everyone wearing the same stuff, it will make things easier to pick people out in the crowds...

I would take the '7' as its my fav number and am sure that GCT_07 would have the '6' for Matty.

Paul
02-08-08, 07:22 PM
Here is just another quick thought, maybe we could even have numbers on the back aswell... where you get the choice to pick - but once a number is gone, its gone. Reason being is that with everyone wearing the same stuff, it will make things easier to pick people out in the crowds...

what about everyone having "30" on the back and "legion" written at the top of the back(like the names are on SOO jerseys)?

If not, I bags number 8 as I've been wearing it all this season anyways :thumbsup:

GCT_07
02-08-08, 07:41 PM

I would take the '7' as its my fav number and am sure that GCT_07 would have the '6' for Matty.

Tooo True son Too True.... ROFL.....

I am liking Pauls idea as well though with LEGION accross the top... and I would say that we would have to put a hold on number 4 for other son... LOL

Mind you... what to do if Matty changes position... :cry:

LOL

Ok well i really do think we need to bring as many ideas to the table regardless of how silly we may think they are at the moment.... sometimes if you tweak a silly idea it can become a brilliant one.

Paul
02-08-08, 07:47 PM
would having individual numbers start silly bickering if numerous people wanted the same number? Thats the only reason I suggested having "30" (after our bay number) on the back

GCT_07
02-08-08, 07:57 PM
Quite possibly, so maybe 30 is the option... either that or 07 ... ie year entering the competition...

At this stage I think just thrown in all ideas and then play with them all and tweak them here and there

Paul
02-08-08, 08:11 PM
oooh the 07 one was a good idea

or if we are going to upgrade them each year and start a collection of these jerseys have the current year on it(like the high school ones)

GCT_07
02-08-08, 08:20 PM
ohhhh see now we re cookin with gas... mind you we would just have to do 07 and 08 just cause.. lol

Slightly different design each year to go along with the new Jersey the team comes up with each year

Quick edit..... that way with sponsorship it allows for updates on the jersey to suit the sponsor. ie we may have KK Donuts now and decide we like DD s instead and change sponsors the following year to DD s .... sorry.. just using them as an example

GCT_07
02-08-08, 08:44 PM
I just found this as I was going through all my old emails from the club, working out who the best person to contact is...it was sent on the 13.3.8

Calling all Legion Members,

The time has come. The Titans Legion will be officially unveiled to the world tomorrow evening and we call upon all of you to make Skilled Park the most uncomfortable venue for visiting teams to play.

The role of the Legion is to set the tone for all Titans supporters in the stadium?.be advised that there are many, many Cowboys supporters coming from up north and there are many that live on the Gold Coast who will be in attendance? they will make considerable noise and we charge you to repel this ? with interest.

This game is, in every sense of the word, a Blockbuster, and as the Legion is an unreserved section of the Stadium we strongly recommend that you arrive as close to the gates open time of 5pm as you can so as to secure all of your seats in the fist few rows of this section to ensure we get the impact we are aiming for

The time for talk is over ? it?s time for action?.make the Legion the most revered supporters club in Australian sports.

Your General,

Matt Peterson

Kind regards,

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Membership department

LMAO... dont think I will email Peterson....ROFL

hicksey
02-08-08, 10:17 PM
we need a jacket as well. the girls and i were saying the other day about it coz there is none for girls (well not good ones) and it would be awesome to have a jacket for legions. it would look good on cold away games

Admin Team
03-08-08, 03:08 AM
One of the best people to contact would be me, you can certainly submit all your suggestions in this thread and I will include them as part of my proposal and input into The Legion in 2009.

Your ideas could also be emailed to the membership department. The more popular demand we have the better. :thumbsup:

Paul I like your idea of jerseys and I agree with the idea of having LEGION '30', I have also had the same idea. It will really help us gain an identity and our number should definitely be 30.

I think our own shirt would be a fantastic draw card. Everyone will want one!

Please keep your ideas coming and I will make sure I present them all. We will certainly be bigger and better and more equiped in 2009!

hammer
03-08-08, 07:22 AM
we need a jacket as well. the girls and i were saying the other day about it coz there is none for girls (well not good ones) and it would be awesome to have a jacket for legions. it would look good on cold away games
Totally agree, my wife says the same thing "no jackets for women".

GCT_07
03-08-08, 11:51 AM
Gee I wear one every week.... I was a woman last time I checked :ugh: wondering now if i should check again :doh:

daveyk
03-08-08, 05:26 PM
Am going to look at designing a shirt/jersey fro THE LEGION anyways - we have a graphic designer within our mist....

JUST FOR THE RECORD ^

Paul I like your idea of jerseys and I agree with the idea of having LEGION '30', I have also had the same idea. It will really help us gain an identity and our number should definitely be 30.

Looking at the whole number thing... i did think about how it would work if alot of people wanted the same number... so either "30" or "year" would be alot better... i am leaning more towards having the years on the back, that way like it was said.. they then become a collectable item.

have spoken to chook and she goin to start workin on something i think.. didnt speak about it for too long, took away from my drinking time hahahaha

patskE
03-08-08, 05:32 PM
i always been envy of the sharks group
went to the sharks game this year n they are soo loud. n look great!

daveyk
03-08-08, 05:33 PM
i always been envy of the sharks group
went to the sharks game this year n they are soo loud. n look great!

i agree... it is sort where its all coming from, but we dont want to be like the sharks and go "41 years and nothing"

GCT_07
03-08-08, 05:41 PM
i agree... it is sort where its all coming from, but we dont want to be like the sharks and go "41 years and nothing"

ROFL.... no ours will be... going going going for gold... oh wow would you check that out... we have it already.... ..ooops... damn.... and another.. ooo and another... ohh this is getting embarrasing... another and another....hey do you think we should let someone else win one.... ummmm NAAAAAAAAAA

Admin Team
03-08-08, 06:35 PM
I think 30 is the way to go. I first saw that type of thing with my friends in the Chook Pen having their Bay number on their jerseys. But back then I didnt even really have a club to support, let alone a special bay to glorify.

I think if we want to be also known as the "loud" section for all, we need to also push our section number.

We can also certainly include year numbers somewhere as well and collect them all.

I was actually already going to get DIEHARD "30" LEGION on my jersey, so Im happy others were thinking the same.

patskE
03-08-08, 06:40 PM
i rkn just the number 30
i think should a a design on the front
witha little legion logo or something on it
jsut think names are a bit over the top
this way they are all the same

how about a design for us south guys ahah

GCT_07
03-08-08, 06:49 PM
You know what... i m actually going to disagree here... OMG I Hear you say.... that is sooo unlike her... .LOL

30 while it represents where we sit at Skilled park firstly does not reflect what the southern Legion do nor does it allow for the possibility of the Legion seats being moved in the stadium. Further to that it doesnt make the shirts a "one off" There is a very good reason why teams change their Jersey each year and thats to make them "one offs" now we could either go the route of changing the design each year or just change the year on the back each year. Further to that if we do end up with a Legion sponsor it may or may not be the same sponsor each year....... So from a sponsors point of view... what is the point of the sponsorship if the members are still wearing the Jerseys form the prevous year with the prevous sponsor on it.

So there you go... thats my opinion... and just like everyone ..... they are entitled to their own.

BY THE WAY... am I going totally nuts or has the name of this thread actually changed overnight.... I know I wasnt drinking last night like some but I was tired... so who knows

Paul
03-08-08, 06:53 PM
JUST FOR THE RECORD ^

lol yes it was, Not trying to steal your thunder mate:thumbsup:

Brad, are the titans memebership team going to be pushing legion memberships for next season?

GCT_07
03-08-08, 07:12 PM
Paul... its all good mate.. it was misread..... your not that type of guy.... (looking around to see if i should copyright my thought............) ROFL.. just jokes mate :thumbsup:

Paul
03-08-08, 07:25 PM
Paul. (looking around to see if i should copyright my thought............) ROFL.. just jokes mate :thumbsup:

stop that or I'll get number 6 on the back of my legion jersey :laugh:

GCT_07
03-08-08, 07:46 PM
Ohhhh god...... why are people soooooo unkind..... :cry: :frown: :cry: :frown: :cry:

:sadpace:

Paul
03-08-08, 07:54 PM
...... why are people soooooo unkind.....

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/03/02/pt_kamahl_ent-lead__200x236.jpg

:laugh::laugh:

Ok, I'll get Bull or Prestos number instead :thumbsup:

patskE
03-08-08, 08:45 PM
maybe 18 or 19
or even if u could get the club into it
the bench thing, we are part of the team

Paul
03-08-08, 08:47 PM
maybe the southern legion could get an "away legion" jersey

You could purchase both if you choose to

kwigibo
03-08-08, 09:12 PM
maybe the southern legion could get an "away legion" jersey

You could purchase both if you choose to

Just what I was gonna say, the teams have an away strip, we just need white shirts for away games. In my experience away supporter's bays are always in the corner, so maybe a #7, it kind of looks like a corner ;)

Steve
04-08-08, 07:51 AM
If it's to be legion member merchandise, then I think it has to be the year on the back. We get a scarf and cap and flag saying what year we're a member, so I think this should follow suit.

GCT_07
04-08-08, 08:57 AM
If it's to be legion member merchandise, then I think it has to be the year on the back. We get a scarf and cap and flag saying what year we're a member, so I think this should follow suit.

Agreed Agreed Agreed :salute:

shamus
04-08-08, 12:26 PM
You ?legion? need step back a little. Read back over this thread and have a rethink. I am a gold member and choose to be gold only for the fact that I am happy with where I sit. I have in the past come down and sat near the Legion to watch the Toyota Cup before I head back off to my seat with my family. I would love nothing better then to travel to away games, but like the rest of you I cannot do it for obvious financial reasons. To have an away supporter group ?partially? sponsored would be awesome and would make life easier for a lot more Titans supporters to follow their team up and down the east coast. However it seems the legion has reserved this right for themselves? The game (and Titans supporter base) is a tad bigger then you guys so pull your heads in and think about others and not just yourselves.

OK?.Now I sit back and cop the flack??.:fight:

Steve
04-08-08, 12:59 PM
I think there's two thoughts on the "Legion".

One is the people who have memberships in the Legion bay. This is where Legion merchandise (such as our helm and sword this year) would apply, the idea of a Legion jersey/shirt.

But the idea of the Legion was around before the Robina stadium, before we had our own bay. It was the passionate supporter base. And that includes people in other parts of the stadium, people in Sydney, and anywhere else. And I think making travel to away games more affordable is something wanted for all the fans. I'd hope travel packages would be made available to all season members. And I say season members because you couldn't have just anyone grabbing the deals, claiming to be a Titans fan going to an away game when they just wanted a cheap flight.

The ideas here aren't all solely for the Legion. Some would be specific, some would be for all the members, and maybe some for just fans in general.

Personally I'd see the Legion being sponsored as a way of reducing costs of unique merchandise. Discounted airfares and travel packages would relate to members across the stadium, and quite often the Southern Legion is included when talking about the Legion, so this most definitely is not just a bay 30 thing.

Paul
04-08-08, 01:31 PM
Just like last wednesday on titans TV we're getting targeted by our own fans which is pretty disappointing...and all for merely trying to make a game day experience better,more fun and more affordable for those who want to travel.

Nobody has said the "away day" ideas are solely for the people from section 30 to travel or take advantage of and at this stage thats all they are "ideas" so you're getting worked up over something you've wrongly assumed.The point was to get very cheap travel so we could travel in big numbers to support the guys next season,Nobody has been excluded from anything.

We haven't "reserved the right" to anything, We are the ones trying to think of positive ways of doing things on game days though,something you're more than welcome to contribute to...

C-Whiz
04-08-08, 01:40 PM
OK….Now I sit back and cop the flack…….:fight:Well done Shamus for voicing an opinion shared by many and putting yourself out there to take the pain. :salute:

I agree with the idea of a Legion supporters anything, but it should be available to any Titan supporter (and I am not suggesting anyone said it wouldn't be!). Personally I think the idea of putting LEGION on the back is fantastic. It is immediately identifiable and brings us together as a supporter group in the bigger scheme of things. But updating every year would be financially prohibiting for many.

Something to remember about building a fan base is to make it available to everyone who wants to be a supporter and should not be based on how much you can afford to spend on merchandise or where you sit. Some people are stretched to buy any tickets, let alone season tickets, especially for a family.

If we all had unlimited funds we'd all be sitting with OzDavo and Titan Pete as foundation members!
Some people live outside NRL areas and may never get to a game, but are loyal supporters worthy of LEGION status.

Anyway, I would suggest the first thing we should be looking at is cheap fares from our major sponsor for season ticket holders or "pre-approved" fans to away games. To me this should be a given and the club and Jetstar should do everything they can to get fans to travel with their team on their teams airline.

Anyway, good thread, let's see if we can actually implement a few ideas for next year. Talk is cheap and motivation drops off in the off-season!

BringBackWillie
04-08-08, 01:54 PM
Some great ideas guys and a shirt/jersey/jacket was what the Southern Legion had suggested to the club a year or so ago. I like the idea of a generic Legion rather than a home/away jersey as I'd prefer for us to be seen as one united group. However, I'm all for having an additional badge on the jersey/shirt/whatever or something embroided to say if you're from the North, South, East or West :D

It'd be great to see a sea of the same styled/coloured jerseys at both home and away games.

And yes, packages for the Southerners to make trips home would be just as good as it will encourage our recruitment drive down here!

And just a minor thing (though a major thing for me :D ) - WE WANT TITANS TATTOOS!!! (not the real ones though of course ;)

GCT_07
04-08-08, 01:57 PM
Shamus........

In my opinion, the "LEGION" is a name already used for what I am calling a SUPPORTERS CLUB. In my thoughts it is not section 30, It is all of those fans that are "full on" for want of a better way of putting it. So I suppose its a case of whether as a group we want to move forward or get caught up on names.

I suppose the easiest way I can show this is with C-WHIZ....... I know his seats are not in section 30....... but as far as I am concerned he is just as much a "legion" as the smurfs are.

So from that point of view there is no need for me to "pull my head in" because I have at no stage said I am refering to section 30 ONLY, further to that I have argued the point of not having 30 on the jerseys because I am not only including all members of Skilled park but if you read back over my posts you will see that I am also including "Southern Legion"....... which to me means other "full on" fans.

So let s not all turn on each other over a name, lets see what Ideas we can come up with to put forward to the club for a SUPPORTERS CLUB

Paul
04-08-08, 02:01 PM
Well done Shamus for voicing an opinion shared by many and putting yourself out there to take the pain. :salute:

!

I don't think any legion member thinks they are better supporters or more important than anybody else though Chris (If thats what you're saying here).

The only difference I see between the legion and the rest of the ground is collectively we are a louder group than the smaller/random groups over the stadium.people all around the ground spend more money, go to more away games and are absolutely 100% mental titans fans.They are as welcome as anybody else to be a part of these ideas

Syl,I agree 100% the southern legion should get the same deals to come back home to Robina

TITAN PETE
04-08-08, 02:33 PM
If we all had unlimited funds we'd all be sitting with OzDavo and Titan Pete as foundation members!

Some people live outside NRL areas and may never get to a game, but are loyal supporters worthy of LEGION status.

Anyway, I would suggest the first thing we should be looking at is cheap fares from our major sponsor for season ticket holders or "pre-approved" fans to away games. To me this should be a given and the club and Jetstar should do everything they can to get fans to travel with their team on their teams airline.

Anyway, good thread, let's see if we can actually implement a few ideas for next year. Talk is cheap and motivation drops off in the off-season!

Unlimited Funds :laugh: ,Credit cards are a Beautifull thing :p & i think i've nearly paid my seats off :fist:

I'm hoping the Titans can offer away packages to every away game by next year but it must only be available to Current Members so as they are for the teams true fans & not GoldCoasters who would like to shop in Melbourne & don't give a Shyte about our team.

I was talking to a few people on the weekend about this subject as i would like to travel to most away games next year & considering who our major sponsors are i wouldn't think it would be too dificult for something to be put together ;)

Legion, Gold,Steel,Sand,Titanium or Foundation we all support the same team & we should all be treated the same in regards to traveling to away matches :cool:

shamus
04-08-08, 02:40 PM
I don't think any legion member thinks they are better supporters or more important than anybody else though Chris (If thats what you're saying here).

Chris is not saying that and perhaps I could have worded my post a little better. "Pull your head in" may have been a bit extreme. What I meant (and I am gunna still cop flack) is that there is a whole lot more to the Titans than the LEGION. Paul, if you go back over this thread you will see at least 3 posts referring to THE LEGION and Section 30... in fairness to you GCT_07 you were one of the few who did not.

However, I am not here to start anything. I enjoy sitting where I sit on game day, I enjoy cheering when things are going well, I am ecstatic when Titans score and I get to stand, yell and wave my flag. I hate having to hold my head in my hands and mumble obscenities about the ref when things go wrong...all just like the Legion. There is no difference. All I am saying is there are many many others out there who would like the opportunity to be a part of this.

You asked me for a contribution... well this is more of an opinion but here it is..

GCT_07
04-08-08, 02:58 PM
Shamus......

Yeah the "pull your head in" thing didnt make me want to rush out and give you a high five...... BUT I understand what you were saying even though it felt like an attack......

I completely 100% aggree with you regarding who the fans are, and they are not just section 30 members.

I would love for ALL ideas to continue coming through...... I would probably ask of everyone to be open to all suggestions because we are all GOLD COAST TITANS fans regardless of where we sit at skilled park or what state we live in.

So lets be positive peoples and lets throw all ideas around and come up with the Leagues BEST supporters group.......

kwigibo
04-08-08, 03:11 PM
Paul, if you go back over this thread you will see at least 3 posts referring to THE LEGION and Section 30... in fairness to you GCT_07 you were one of the few who did not.

The thread is called "Legion Think Tank 2009", and it is in the Legion subforum. We're not going to pretend it doesn't exist then are we?

Paul
04-08-08, 03:17 PM
Paul, if you go back over this thread you will see at least 3 posts referring to THE LEGION and Section 30

Agreed and I can only speak on my behalf as one of those people who mentioned section 30 as an option for the jersey that it wasn't meant as a "legion only" club but more as an identity(which is also why I suggested legion be written on the top at the back).

It wasn't meant to sound elitist or exclusive at all so apologies if it did.

GCT_07
04-08-08, 03:19 PM
The thread is called "Legion Think Tank 2009", and it is in the Legion subforum. We're not going to pretend it doesn't exist then are we?

Kwigibo....I dont think anyone is doing thiat... I think the point has been made that there are more fans out there that are interested in this topic NOT JUST the Legion..... and now that that has been cleared up I really dont see what the issue is..... we are all fans regardless of where we sit, with no one section being better than the other... pretty standard stuff really

Personally I would just like to see us get past where we sit or where we live and move onto what this thread is about in the first place which is how do we move forward from here as a group of fanns/supporters.

hicksey
04-08-08, 03:21 PM
hey i have tickets in another section which cost double then wat the legion does but i choose to sit with every1 because of all the support they do. every1 one is the first to go off if the legion section is to quite (as per titan tv) but then when we try to arrange other people try to shut us down. the jerseys r an awesome idea and should have the year on them so we can keep a collection of them, and the sponsorship is an awesome idea to help out with away games.

patskE
04-08-08, 03:58 PM
hey i have tickets in another section which cost double then wat the legion does but i choose to sit with every1 because of all the support they do. every1 one is the first to go off if the legion section is to quite (as per titan tv) but then when we try to arrange other people try to shut us down. the jerseys r an awesome idea and should have the year on them so we can keep a collection of them, and the sponsorship is an awesome idea to help out with away games.

also to help pay for the tops :P
seriously, we should start emailing company's asking for sponsorship.

Paul
04-08-08, 04:03 PM
Let's all get this back on track before poor davey comes back and sees the mess his good thread is in

Good deas for next season commence...

GCT_07
04-08-08, 04:11 PM
Let's all get this back on track before poor davey comes back and sees the mess his good thread is in

Good deas for next season commence...

LMAO paul.....

TOTALLY agree..... (looking for copyright again....ooops hold on its your thought not mine... oooops)

The night Davey started this thread I sent through an email to the membership department suggestion a meeting with them would be the first step to take... I will let everyone know what happens.... we really need to work alongside them before contacting potential sponsors.......

What I think we need to do know is just put every idea possible in here...... so we have something to go with them with....

so lets now worry about who is who or where they come from and lets just throw in ideas .....

ok ok... i have one... ohhh this is a good one.... ohhhh .... how about we support the GOLD COAST TITANS.... ohhh hello.... me to the top of the class.... whooooo hooooooo :D

Coaster
04-08-08, 04:32 PM
Can we make the legion, in the center of the ground, does it have to be section 30?

thats my contribution, greed, pure and simple, i want more for less

:shire:

GCT_07
04-08-08, 04:41 PM
Hey coaster I m with you.... orrr lets take it one step further... lets have the right to stand next to the ref at any stage of the game... or any player of our choosing... see now there you go... some good suggestions coming through now....:cool:

goldcoastitans
04-08-08, 04:42 PM
people next yrs legion memberships i hear are going to be alot cheaper then last yr to try and promote it ...but dont take my word for it just be ready when the memberships come out ;)

Coaster
04-08-08, 04:55 PM
I would rather pay more for seats that are in the center of the western stand, then get a rubber helmet.

Why cant the legion be in the center ?

goldcoastitans
04-08-08, 04:58 PM
yeh true true .....and then we might get our volume around more of the field

kwigibo
04-08-08, 05:22 PM
If people are buying legion memberships for cheap seats or good views then you might not get just the fanatics, which would be a shame I think. A problem I think this year is that a lot of people have bought tickets for bay 30 without knowing what it means, which is why we have to shoo away opposition supporters and we get some church mice fans behind us. A vetting process would be unweildy, sure, but there has to be some way of making clear that there are some expectations for that section.

And for all you fellas around the ground who I'm sure are just as dedicated fans, it seems to me, and others I'm sure, that you are not infrequently the exceptions. Really, all I'm saying is if we get a full bay going with the intensity of the 3 rows we have now, whether it means anything or not, it'll be really freaking great. It'll highlight how this is a growing supporter base, not resting on its laurels and slowly dying like most of the Sydney clubs.

Paul
04-08-08, 05:29 PM
The thing is with our location that we are GA(for the first 12 rows or whatever it is) so if you are feeling under the weather or have the little ones with you it can easily be swapped for a seat a few rows up.

When the warriors played at skilled this season my two little nephews came along with my dad and we sat ten rows up and the view was fantastic,Much better than I had expected.

Part of the lure to the legion as well is we have close access to our players and the opposition on numerous occasions through the game to give out support or abuse.Thats the real beauty of where the legion are located.It wouldn't be anywhere near as effective on the 50 metre line.

GCT_07
04-08-08, 07:07 PM
You know what... its amaizing how even people snapping back and forth at each other can bring an idea.......

I m copyrighting this one (paul......:rolf: ).... but will say more once I double check something (and i dont mean to sound like a tosser) but my point is to keep your ideas coming because between us all we will come up with the perfect model...... umm no boys I dont mean as im Model.. I mean model....

Steve
04-08-08, 07:32 PM
umm no boys I dont mean as im Model..

I should be a model.
A face this beautiful should be shared with the world.

C-Whiz
04-08-08, 08:10 PM
Just something that you may not have considered, but as far as getting sponsorship and special Legion clothing made, well, the club and there sponsors make a lot of income from people like us buying their jerseys with their sponsors already on it. They probably won't be quite as enthusiastic about chipping away at their profit stream as you are by subsidising an alternative jersey to wear with alternative sponsors.

Just a thought..

So, getting back to cheap airfares and who would be entitled to them, well my suggestion would be for Jetstar/Titans to put together package deals, which include cheap flights, tickets and possibly accomodation. That will keep it among Titans fans wanting to go to the footy. They'll have to do a lot better than the current Manly offer though, IMO for fans to feel they are getting good value.

Admin Team
05-08-08, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone. Well I'm glad everyone has pretty much kept a level head in this debate.

I think people should not read into these ideas being proposed and taking them as fact.

The idea of discount flights is a great idea, for all Titans fans. An idea that discount flights would simply be offered to Legion members is silly and wont ever happen.

Truth be we don't really need a sponsor, we have the support of the club and they have offered to help fund some banners for us. The reason many other fan groups in rugby league have sponsors is because they don't work as closely with the club unfortunately.

The idea of shirts is a great idea, it would help The Legion gain greater profile. Many other clubs in the NRL have shirts organised for their fan groups. I have proposed the idea to the club, so we will see what happens. Either it will be part of the package or offered seperate.

I don't really see a pressing need for them, but its a good idea. It may start to make us seem seperate or elitist. Personally Id prefer and always have to wear Titans regular merchandise and lots of it.

Maybe the introduction of such merchandise would have its negatives.

But personally my chosen gear would be a Titans jersey with 30, DIEHARD up top and LEGION down below. :D

I went through the shirt idea with the Roo Crew, but it was always better to see fans wear Kangaroos merchandise.

The cost of the Legion will be reduced in 2009. $250 for an adult, $208 for a concession and $143 for a Junior with a helmet and sword. :thumbsup:

We will be shooting for 214 members or the first 14 rows. Which would be spectacular.

The Legion is primarily Section 30 along with our Southern game rally points and it has to be. It's our brand and identity. It sums up what we do and what we are. We can't forfeit it, it would hurt Section 30. We'd be foolish to throw it away. Section 30 needs its identity, The Legion. We'd be so much weaker without it.

But that doesnt mean that in general conversation masses of passionate Titans fans cant be referred to as the Legions of Titans fans, much like any concerntration of Dragons fans are labelled the Dragons Army or with Souths The Burrow.

The Legion group is probably one of the best models for a supporter group in the NRL. With GA seats in a modern stadium in Queensland, behind the posts and with provisions to allow flags and banners and drums.

Also I have always been careful not for the Legion to seem elitist, we just like meeting new fans, getting loud and being able to have flags and banners. I certainly don't think Im better than any other type of Titans fan and in any media I have always been careful to state that we arent the be all end all for Titans support, but we are the cheerleaders and engine room.

Any rumours that we are hated or disliked are greatly exaggerated. I have enjoyed nothing but great feedback from the countless fans around our area and on the train. Even if people aren't part of it, they can enjoy it vicariously.

Think of us as the goal keeper of crowd support. Pretty much the goal of Legionnaries is to encourage other Titans fans to get into the footy loud and proud. And we want that stadium wide.

I have often been quoted as saying that we want a 27,500 strong army of Titans fans.

So don't sweat it guys, we are all one big happy Titans family and always will be.

The Legion is just part of the family, I certainly think of Whiz, Davo, Pete, Shamus, Coaster, Des and everyone else in other sections as part of the posse.

We wont always get all the fanatics, because a lot of mad keen Titans fans have waited so long for their team and they love to enjoy their footy like fine wine in the best seats in the house. But also we never did say that The Legion was where all the passionate fans are and if you aren't part of it, you are a lesser fan.

We really see that if we can get Secton 30 pumping, hopefully the passion and noise can spread through the entire stadium.

daveyk
05-08-08, 12:15 AM
Well, what a mess this has turned into... if i remember correctly, i started this thread as a way to make a postive move forward into 2009 and beyond... not once did i mention that it was for section 30 only....

i class a LEGION fan as someone who will support the team in good times and bad, will wear the colours during the season and the off season...

so i really dont care too much where u sit at skilled or even where u may live, because at the end of the day. WE ARE ALL TITANS FANS!!!!!

so taking some lyrics from the potbelleez -
"TOGETHER, WE ARE STRONGER AS ONE, ARE YOU WITH ME!"

i also believe that if there was a shirt/jersey developed, i am very strongly against having the number 30 on it at all.... that is jsut seperating the fans and that is not the intended idea what so ever!!!!!!!!

at the end of the day, i would like to see a larger supporter group / legion - whatever you want to call it - unifide in suppporting the team that we love so "JETSTAR GOLD COAST TITANS"

so please, stop attacking each other and let work together and move forward, dont you think that the game is enough trouble as it is without turning on each other.....

hopefully tomorrow there will some positive things to read....:thumbsup:

patskE
05-08-08, 12:26 AM
the thing with the shirt
they all sit 2gether as one. thats was makes it look so good, all u see if a big group of ppl wearing the same top. n they always on camera

Admin Team
05-08-08, 01:54 AM
I don't see many advantages in deluting the term The Legion to become some generic name for Titans fans.

It's the name of the supporter bay, that is our core business. It's a rally point.

Setting up a supporter group in the NRL is a hard thing. But luckily we have the club's support and we have spent a lot of time and effort to set up the best model from looking at dozens of other groups.

The sort of support we are trying to cultivate is pretty rare in the NRL, especially in Queensland and in our new modern stadiums.

Our goal should be trying to recruit and fill Section 30. And then from there we can look at ways to continue to expand. We need to concerntrate in one section and make it a success.

If you give away The Legion mocker, we will struggle for recognition and identity.

At the end of the day, the supporter group needs a name.

GCT_07
05-08-08, 09:15 AM
Brad....... did you not read through the posts..... People on this thread are saying what they think and feel and then you are replying with basically you dont beleive it..... There is built up resentment there and continuing to segregate section 30 will only add to it. There are people out there that just do not want to sit in section 30 because of its location. They enjoy their gold seats or Titanium or where ever they are, but that doesnt stop them from having the same passion for the team as section 30 members do.Having said that I put all of this in an email to you that you havent bothered responding to. So if you are the person who is "Managing" this growth of the fan base then Manage it.............. A good manager never goes blindly forward with his or her own ideas, they never think that there thoughts are more warranted than others.....they take others opinions on board and do not dismiss them.....

Or here is an idea.... how about we all work together ...... and lets get rid of this elitist attitudes...... and the "telling" people how it will be because at the end of the day if thats what section 30 is going to represent then I for one will pull my memberships from there.

I admire and appreciate the work you have done so far but please lets start listening to what others have to say in here.

So if you ban me from the forum for speaking my mind then so be it....... but enough is enough...... lets all move past ego s please and do whats in the best interest of the club and the fans.

Paul
05-08-08, 09:16 AM
wow, about $110 off legion membership next season is an amazing price reduction. I remember the night Michael Searle came down to us in the rain and said he was going to drop prices for next season I thoutght "cool" but never expected it to be so much

Heres an idea

We strike some kind of deal with the club where we raise half the money for the jerseys through fundraising exercises and club match our efforts

No sponsorship on the jersey,just something like Legion on the front or back

GCT_07
05-08-08, 09:22 AM
I should be a model.
A face this beautiful should be shared with the world.

Steve.... Mate... I m surprised your not a Model... I was expecting to see you on that "Australias next top model" show...... are you telling me you wont be on it. :surprise:

Coaster
05-08-08, 09:48 AM
Huge reduction in price, i can get a adult and a kids legion membership for the price of just one gold seat. Nicely done.

Cant complain about that.

under $20 a game.

Steve
05-08-08, 11:57 AM
I don't think there's a build up of resentment, I think a few people are just saying, hey, remember the rest of us.

In the end, it's a thread with ideas, and it's nothing more than that. Nothing is being set in stone, nothing here is being pushed ahead. It's ideas being bandied around.

I know personally for the most part I've heard all positive in regards to the Legion. And having a supporter group does not exclude other fans. Every team has them and has done so for years, it's not an issue.

The Legion already has specific merchandise, one of the selling points of the group, and I also don't see any harm in having some more wearable merchandise. People aren't going to get put out by it. I've not noticed any segregation between people wearing the home jersey, the away jersey, the heritage jersey, polo shirts, t-shirts or anything. We're all fans together.

The price reduction on membership is great to hear too. I'm hoping there's reductions all through the stadium, encourage more people to sign up. I remember when Searle came down to meet us a couple months ago he mentioned that they were trying to make it cheaper, I didn't expect such a reduction!

Paul
05-08-08, 12:02 PM
Plus,whatever we save in season ticket sales we'll probably put straight back into the club through merchandise/going to an away game or buying 4 beers at the stadium :laugh:

so everyone wins with the ST reduction

C-Whiz
05-08-08, 01:33 PM
DIEHARD has done a great job since before this forum started and before the Titans even kicked a ball as an NRL team so I think we need to keep some perspective on things. :thumbsup: We as a forum and Titans fan base have been kicking ideas around for over 3 years now, some of which work, some of which don't. Give ideas time to mature and good things will blossom.

Anyway, as far as the bay 30 "elitist" group ;) versus the other Titans fans around the Colosseum.... well there is only one way to settle this! 11am, Saturday, Robina Common, Bay 30 vs The Mob. :thumbsup: And afterwards we can have a BBQ and talk a few of these ideas through. Put me down for the Mob!

goldcoastitans
05-08-08, 01:59 PM
Anyway, as far as the bay 30 "elitist" group ;) versus the other Titans fans around the Colosseum.... well there is only one way to settle this! 11am, Saturday, Robina Common, Bay 30 vs The Mob. :thumbsup: And afterwards we can have a BBQ and talk a few of these ideas through. Put me down for the Mob!

Bring it on MOB :D:D:D:D:D:D Bay 30 is ready! :salute:

GCT_89
05-08-08, 03:14 PM
ive been doing some small research on this and i will post that later but for now, here is just an idea for LEGION member merch for next year.........

in supporter clubs, the scarf is a great show of colours and also has warmth qualities too (not so much needed on the coast though.....lol)

but they are a great show of support and colour...............

like the ones members got this year, it should be blue with titans member 20** on it but i was thinking, instead of having it blank on the other side........LEGION members could have THE LEGION on the back......................

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3885/2009scarflegionns0.png (http://imageshack.us)

but yea, just an idea i had............ :thumbsup:

kwigibo
05-08-08, 03:23 PM

What are the ground rules, no guns or blades? Chains and bats okay?

C-Whiz
05-08-08, 03:53 PM
What are the ground rules, no guns or blades? Chains and bats okay?I don't see why Dee13 can't play! ;) And you can't rule out our "gun" player, Big D either!

Just to clarify, I suggest it as a friendly/social idea, not a competitive idea. I usually need a sub after 2.3 minutes, so I am hoping to get a few to join the Mob.

shamus
05-08-08, 05:02 PM
I don't see why Dee13 can't play! ;) And you can't rule out our "gun" player, Big D either!

Just to clarify, I suggest it as a friendly/social idea, not a competitive idea. I usually need a sub after 2.3 minutes, so I am hoping to get a few to join the Mob.

I will be there.. Hey Chris, I intend to play out on the wing to avoid trouble :D I may need protection after some recent correspondence....can u play centre? :p

kwigibo
05-08-08, 05:10 PM
I will be there.. Hey Chris, I intend to play out on the wing to avoid trouble :D I may need protection after some recent correspondence....can u play centre? :p

Wait, are we playing full contact, because then I'm definitely coming. Legion!

daveyk
05-08-08, 05:16 PM
how about we get this thread back on track and talk about the touch footy in that thread.... please

titanstattman
05-08-08, 07:18 PM
how about we get this thread back on track and talk about the touch footy in that thread.... please

OH boo who davey.....:surprise:

Drinks and bbq At mine after touch.??? And i'll put super sat on the big screen

I think all the ideas wat have been said are good....

I remember wen i very frist join the legion i ask Brad if we had shirts and etc and if we were going to look at that i know a guy who does that thing and i can get it done really goog for cheap as i have al ready spoke to him....

C-Whiz
05-08-08, 09:24 PM
I will be there.. Hey Chris, I intend to play out on the wing to avoid trouble :D I may need protection after some recent correspondence....can u play centre? :pIt'll be sweet mate. If I play centre think of me more as a passing centre than a running centre. Giving good service to my outside man! :thumbsup:

Wait, are we playing full contact, because then I'm definitely coming. Legion!Negative! Maybe 2 hand touch? Personally I'd like to have kicks in general play though. Easier than running!

how about we get this thread back on track and talk about the touch footy in that thread.... pleaseThis is a great thread Davey and it's generated more interest in the touch footy than the touch footy thread of late. That's a good thing brother! :salute: We can get everyone together to discuss points we have raised on here. Good work.

OH boo who davey.....:surprise:

Drinks and bbq At mine after touch.??? And i'll put super sat on the big screen
Nice one. See what the masses want to do.

Paul
05-08-08, 09:33 PM
Negative! Maybe 2 hand touch?

I'm in if the titanettes are playing :)

kwigibo
05-08-08, 09:41 PM
Negative! Maybe 2 hand touch? Personally I'd like to have kicks in general play though. Easier than running!

Definitely kicks in play, this is touch rugby league, right. Two hand touch I can live with, my right foot step is nothing since I stuffed my ankle years ago.

I'll bring a couple of footies, including the 'souvenir'.

GCT_89
06-08-08, 05:45 PM
Back on topic......

This is an interesting topic, one which ive been thinking of for a long long time now……………the stage that we’re at now, I didn’t expect till mid next year. And the support from the club itself is unrivaled.

I think that there is nothing stopping us from becoming a force in the world of NRL supporter groups…...
But I think planning changes for next year, is too late, maybe for 2010, but for now lets focus on selling over 200 Legion memberships for next year, and make sure all your friends know to get memberships in the legion section so that we can grow and grow…..

At no stage should we forget that we are The LEGION!
We sit in section 30 and we band together to let our team know we’re there……..this IS different to a lot of other fans……..im not saying that we are any better than any other fans, im just saying that we’re different. We sacrifice our viewing pleasure by choosing not to sit on the eastern or western stands, instead choosing to sit in the less desirable northern stand, all so that we can band together and chant our hearts out…….. now just because you don’t sit in section 30, doesn’t mean your not a Legionnaire, I consider chris, pete and dave to be Legionnaires as well as dee/blade……… some things just come before others, it might not be feasible to get Legion membership for a whole family……..it would be nice, but I sure as hell couldn’t afford it……………..

Just reading back thru some previous posts and there seems to be this us vs them thing, it shouldn’t be……we all support the titans, but we, THE LEGION, are not only out for our teams glory but also the glory of sticking it to rivaling supporter clubs such as the CSSC, the chook pen and the raiders army…….

Other NRL Supporter Groups

CSSC/Cronulla Sutherland Supporters Club
http://www.cronullasupporters.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVW7ceeBX58&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxpyZF7HAxo&feature=related

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/240/n7161040497772193552db9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1888/n7161040497772106941wn5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Chook Pen/Roosters supporter club
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXEk-G1HFQA

The Burrow/South Sydney Rabbitohs
http://www.theburrow.net.au/component/option,com_weblinks/catid,13/Itemid,40/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIqmY_zMKz0

Raiders army/Green Brigade/Canberra Raiders
http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/index.php

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=HLfgvUPxys0

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6735/fans01gh6to9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/1720/fans10ma1xx8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8177/fans17lo6av9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Dragons Army/The Red V/St George Illawara Dragons
http://ourredv.com/index.php

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=o4bqDNpON0M&feature=related

PFFT! we can take them!

Paul
06-08-08, 05:49 PM
after cronulla beat the dragons on the weekend I'd say it was the LOUDEST support vocally I've ever heard from any set of NRL fans when they sang that club song

It came through so loud and clear it was awesome.It's the sharks supporters club we should try and base our foundations on.

GCT_07
06-08-08, 06:27 PM
http://www.cronullasupporters.com/

If you have a look at the above link........ thats where I see us going..... that is what I see as the furture for the Titans fan base...... Obviously some of it tweaked to suit the Titans but it is a strong suppoter base with strong sponsorship, it is run very professionally. It is not run by one person but a collective as such.

So I suppose... do we stay with our current model.... or grow.... yes our current model can grow but not in the same way.

C-Whiz
06-08-08, 06:38 PM
after cronulla beat the dragons on the weekend I'd say it was the LOUDEST support vocally I've ever heard from any set of NRL fans when they sang that club song

It came through so loud and clear it was awesome.It's the sharks supporters club we should try and base our foundations on.One of my earliest suggestions (possibly a bit before people were ready for it) was to have a team song, or even a supporters victory song. There is a thread about it somewhere. I still believe that the one thing that unites supporters together is one unified voice singing a song of inspriration, whether before, during or after a game. I wrote a victory song which I still think is pretty good, but there are heaps to look at and mull over.

Personally I've always thought the measure of the bond of a supporters crewis how well you belt out a team song together.

Here is the thread link. http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8891&highlight=team+song

GCT_89
06-08-08, 06:57 PM
yea ive always liked your song whiz............its neat................but might not sound the ame in my head as it does in others

titanstattman
06-08-08, 07:20 PM
yea ive always liked your song whiz............its neat................but might not sound the ame in my head as it does in others

Yeah im down with it to dude maybe this sat we can have abit more chat about it and try and work out sumthing to sing it to????:thumbsup:

Admin Team
07-08-08, 03:11 AM
Well said GCT 89, I agree.

C whiz, I always loved your victory song. You'll have to teach us on Saturday and on Monday. And we can add it to our armoury.

The Sharks supporters and other clubs as well actually have songs dedicated for every player. Now that is a project for the off season, if there ever was one.

Section 30 is such amazing fun as it is, but having dedicated player songs, that would make it many times more exciting.

Also the CSSC have a similar set up to us with dedicated supporter area, much like our own Section 30.

It seems pretty promising as well that we will get our own shirts in 09.

We are currently building a Legion website, to help promoting the Legion and also to have all our songs and chants and membership/ticket info on.

Two things we really need to look at are looking after our southern legionnaires and discussing cheaper travel packages, for all Titans fans.

goldcoastitans
07-08-08, 12:00 PM
Well said GCT 89, I agree.

C whiz, I always loved your victory song. You'll have to teach us on Saturday and on Monday. And we can add it to our armoury.

The Sharks supporters and other clubs as well actually have songs dedicated for every player. Now that is a project for the off season, if there ever was one.

Section 30 is such amazing fun as it is, but having dedicated player songs, that would make it many times more exciting.

Also the CSSC have a similar set up to us with dedicated supporter area, much like our own Section 30.

It seems pretty promising as well that we will get our own shirts in 09.

We are currently building a Legion website, to help promoting the Legion and also to have all our songs and chants and membership/ticket info on.

Two things we really need to look at are looking after our southern legionnaires and discussing cheaper travel packages, for all Titans fans.

has this site got a web address yet? so we can have a little squizz :)

GCT_07
07-08-08, 12:13 PM
Just so everyone is aware Brad and Myself, along with a couple of others have a meeting with the Membership team some time in between the Knights and the Tigers game.

What is being said in here are OPTIONS only. NO ONE on this forum has an opinion that is more valid than the others.

What we need to take with us to that meeting is EVERYONES opinion. This is not the GCT 07 Supporters Club nor is it the Diehard/Admin Team supporters club. It is the GOLD COAST TITANS fan base which is EVERYONE on here.

We have about a week to pull everything together.

Lets think outside the square... lets look at other clubs and their fans to see how they do it. Let s not think it has to be a certain way... lets throw heaps of ideas around

As an example, one idea that is already with the club is to run the Legion through the front sections of bay 30 all the way to bay 21 which would give the first 5 or whatever it is rows of all of those bays to the legion which would then cover all fans.

Section 30 (steel Price Legion) Now cheaper
Section 29 (Steel Price Legion) Now cheaper
Section 28 (Steel Price Legion) Now cheaper
Section 27 (Sand Price Legion)
Section 26 (Gold Price Legion)
Section 25 (Gold Price Legion)
Section 24 (Gold Price Legion)
Section 23 (Titanium Priced Legion)
Section 22 (Titanium Priced Legion)
Section 21 (Titanium Priced Legion)

It would allow for all fans regardless of whether they want to sit on the sides of the park, membership in the Legion. Those gold class "over the top" fans could still sit in gold... same with the TItanium and Sand.....

The second thing that would acheive is to have the Legion further around the stadium which would allow the chants and atmosphere to catch on faster with the remainder of the crowd. Further to that it allows from a media point of view the banners and atmosphere to carry over onto the TV screens

I m not saying for one second that this is going to happen... at this stage it is just being thrown around. Its actually quite difficult to do...

BUT IT IS AN IDEA

and thats what we need right now... ideas that are out there that may just work.....

Every person on here has a right to voice their ideas so please do.

goldcoastitans
07-08-08, 12:59 PM
Just so everyone is aware Brad and Myself, along with a couple of others have a meeting with the Membership team some time in between the Knights and the Tigers game.

What is being said in here are OPTIONS only. NO ONE on this forum has an opinion that is more valid than the others.

What we need to take with us to that meeting is EVERYONES opinion. This is not the GCT 07 Supporters Club nor is it the Diehard/Admin Team supporters club. It is the GOLD COAST TITANS fan base which is EVERYONE on here.

Lets think outside the square... lets look at other clubs and their fans to see how they do it. Let s not think it has to be a certain way... lets throw heaps of ideas around

As an example, one idea that is already with the club is to run the Legion through the front sections of bay 30 all the way to bay 21 which would give the first 5 or whatever it is rows of all of those bays to the legion which would then cover all fans.

It would allow for all fans regardless of whether they want to sit on the sides of the park, membership in the Legion. Those gold class "over the top" fans could still sit in gold... same with the TItanium and Sand.....

The second thing that would acheive is to have the Legion further around the stadium which would allow the chants and atmosphere to catch on faster with the remainder of the crowd. Further to that it allows from a media point of view the banners and atmosphere to carry over onto the TV screens

I m not saying for one second that this is going to happen... at this stage it is just being thrown around. Its actually quite difficult to do...

BUT IT IS AN IDEA

and thats what we need right now... ideas that are out there that may just work.....

hey Ma love the idea!
i like the sounds of the first few rows of most sections but as you said it will be hard, so i think if we tried to get that idea off the legion memberships (ie the 200 for section 30 rows 1-12) should be ....section 28,29,30,32 (first 3 rows for each section) which would spread us around a little and chants will sound louder .....but as you said just an idea :)

shamus
07-08-08, 01:07 PM
I am in section 20.........but I am willing to move across to section 24 if need be..

Admin Team
07-08-08, 04:12 PM
Honestly I am getting a bit tired of you GCT 07 trying to paint me as some sort of dictator. It couldn't be further from the truth, so please move on. I don't deserve to be continuly smeared in your posts on this forum. I don't want to descend into an arguement, just consider this a tit for your tat(s). Let's make sure we get together on Monday and work on our battle plans for the future, all of us.

Yes there will be a meeting with the club re: Legion and all ideas will be more than welcome and I will be inviting several representatives from The Legion to come along, trying to get one person from each of our sub groups. But I'm sure you can all appreciate that we can't have many people, only several at most, but all ideas are welcome and can also be posted here.

We also have to realise that the club has committed to its membership plan for 2009 for not only Legion but all memberships. So the goals for the meeting should be to make 2009 as successful as humanly possible and doing everything we can to improve game atmosphere.

This is all very important because at the end of next year the Gold Coast will have a soccer team and we will have direct competition in the atmosphere stakes.

Paul
07-08-08, 04:38 PM
I think the titans should work alongside the new soccer team so both codes can gain out of it in every possible aspect.One is played in winter and one in summer so there should be no conflict like we have with gay FL.

I don't mean merge together as one gold coast club for 2 sports but just work together with membership/merch ideas etc..

Not sure if it would work but a united sporting Gold coast would be kind of cool

Brad, are you choosing people or are legion members able to express an interest in attending?Not saying I want to do it personally but just asking

Admin Team
07-08-08, 04:43 PM
You can certainly express an interest to me. A time and date hasn't been confirmed and that will probably be a factor on people's availability. We all can definitely talk about it on Monday night and possibly work something out then. :thumbsup:

Paul
07-08-08, 04:55 PM
sounds good mate,Talk to you then :)

Tamwelg
07-08-08, 05:28 PM

BUT IT IS AN IDEA

Good idea, the issues I see with this, is that I think it will take several years to build up the legion numbers to cover that sort of area.

GCT_07
07-08-08, 06:01 PM
Brad, seriously.... get over it... this thread is not about you... what I posted is about the furture of the supporters club, I did as you requested and emailed you but you didnt respond so instead I passed on the discussions I have been having with the club into this thread.

NOW.... can we move on please.

C-Whiz
07-08-08, 07:24 PM
Brad, seriously.... get over it... this thread is not about you... what I posted is about the furture of the supporters club, I did as you requested and emailed you but you didnt respond so instead I passed on the discussions I have been having with the club into this thread.

NOW.... can we move on please.With all due respect to everyone, I say again what I said in a previous post. The forum and the Legion have been building for a few years now, for at least a couple of years before the Titans took the field. It has evolved at it's own pace, at a pace that has been significant but steady.

You can not manufacture a supporter base without supporters. It is important to allow ideas to age and mellow a little. I appreciate your enthusiasm GCT07 but telling the forum we have one week to "pull this together" is just beyond what this is all about. We as supporters want to support our team on our terms, in our time. You cannot put time stamps on us and expect it to happen. It is unreasonable. The Sharks have had 40 odd years to grow. Give it time and it will happen. I wouldn't think anyone expected the Legion to grow as quickly as it did. It's been a great success, and I would put it largely down to DIEHARD's and others early effort and the comraderie of those who followed who shared a common passion for the Titans. It's also people like Tamwelg and the Mod team who keep this forum running, doing the quiet behind the scenes work that gets little praise or acknowledgement.

I certainly look forward to getting louder, prouder, bigger and stronger, but it has happened because we have all wanted it to happen, and we have all made it happen. And it has brought us all together, from the first days at Carrarra before we had ever met to the bonded group that comes together every home game at Skilled.

Just give it some time. We have 2 home games left to enjoy, and then when the off season hits we will all have plenty of time on our hands to get creative and work towards the next season. :)

BringBackWillie
07-08-08, 08:49 PM
Hey guys - we haven't heard anything down here as yet but I hope there will be discussions re the Southern Legion!

GCT_07
07-08-08, 09:34 PM
You can not manufacture a supporter base without supporters. It is important to allow ideas to age and mellow a little. I appreciate your enthusiasm GCT07 but telling the forum we have one week to "pull this together" is just beyond what this is all about. We as supporters want to support our team on our terms, in our time. You cannot put time stamps on us and expect it to happen. It is unreasonable.
Just give it some time. We have 2 home games left to enjoy, and then when the off season hits we will all have plenty of time on our hands to get creative and work towards the next season. :)

Chris.... the week is for us to pull some ideas together, not to resolve the future of the Supporters Club. So that we have a range of ideas to go to the meeting with. What is very unfortunate is that this thread has become more of an attack on people rather than a group of reasonable people putting their ideas together. It is not about what has or has not been done in the past it was started to as a way of bringing ideas together for the future.

So really..... do we want to have something to go to the club with.... if so... what would you like us to take to them... the meeting is just over a week away. I m sorry if that makes you feel that I m putting pressure on... at the end of the day if you dont want anything presented to the club then so be it...... no pressure.

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 07:37 AM
So really..... do we want to have something to go to the club with.... if so... what would you like us to take to them... the meeting is just over a week away. I m sorry if that makes you feel that I m putting pressure on... at the end of the day if you dont want anything presented to the club then so be it...... no pressure.TBH this is the first time I've ever felt pressured to do anything as part of the Legion. You are giving an ultimatum, whether you see it that way or not. You've organised a meeting and given us a week to come up with ideas. Maybe you should have made an earlier thread stating your intentions about organsising a meeting first? What you will be taking to the meeting is peoples opinions and personal views/ideas rather than a raft of plans supported by the majority of the Legion. That's how I see it anyway. I apologise if that is not the case but that is how it appears to me.

Like I said, the off season is the time to start planning for the next season IMO.

GCT_07
08-08-08, 09:08 AM
Chris....... just to clarify ..... I didnt organise the meeting nor did i put the timing on it. The club decided when it would be... not me. But thats fine..... if you think i have that degree of control over an NRL club...... LOL... What did you think I did... rock up and demand a meeting... to which they stood there shaking in their football boots and said... yes what every you wish... as they bowed to me.... Gooooood Looooooord... PLEASE

Like I said... if you dont want to be involved then I dont see where you would feel the pressure....

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 02:23 PM
Chris....... just to clarify ..... I didnt organise the meeting nor did i put the timing on it. The club decided when it would be... not me.

Like I said... if you dont want to be involved then I dont see where you would feel the pressure....Firstly, forgive me for jumping to conclusions and assuming you may have been involved in organising a meeting. :doh:
Maybe I read too much into your posts, highlighted below stating you emailed the club suggesting a meeting with them. My bad! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Secondly, maybe you should read back and see what people are suggesting rather than continually saying I don't want to be involved.

ANYWAY...... Davey, in last weeks titan tv...sorry not the one with the bird form section 4... the one before that.... I sent in this emailSO anyway.. the idea is to really bring it all together... there response was that there was someone in there looking into it... they mentioned her name but i dont have it on me at the moment... I wrote it down because I was thinking of contacting her....
Ok well my thought straight off the bat is this....obviously we need to contact someone at the club and sit down and go through what their requirements would be,

Davey as a thought... maybe we could try contacting some of the other clubs to see what they have.....
But maybe first we speak with the club..... Wade.. Mr Speed Dial...... or maybe I email... what do you think

I just found this as I was going through all my old emails from the club, working out who the best person to contact is...it was sent on the 13.3.8

The night Davey started this thread I sent through an email to the membership department suggestion a meeting with them would be the first step to take... I will let everyone know what happens

Look, it's getting silly and personal. Do what you want with your meeting with the club. It appears to me you haven't really listened to what I have had to say so far anyway.

DIEHARD
08-08-08, 02:31 PM
Hi C Whiz, don't sweat it. I made the meeting with the club. Just a part of the Legion plan and part of my role as caretaker and orginator of The Legion.

It's important that we can plan for the next 6 months of promotions until the end of the year, then enter another phase of promotions. Discuss the pros and cons of 2008. (Lots of pros!) And what the club has planned for us in 2009.

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 02:40 PM
Hi C Whiz, don't sweat it. I made the meeting with the club.No worries mate. Thanks.

goldcoastitans
08-08-08, 02:42 PM
wow i think we need to change this thread to "Stab A Mate in the Back" cause this thread has seriously getting people angry at each other :D:D:D:D lets play nicely on this forum people

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 02:45 PM
wow i think we need to change this thread to "Stab A Mate in the Back" cause this thread has seriously getting people angry at each other :D:D:D:D lets play nicely on this forum peopleyeah mate, that's why it's always better to have discussions in person. So are you gonna be down at Robina Common tomorrow for a run?

goldcoastitans
08-08-08, 02:46 PM
well i finish at 12 so i will be flying down there :)

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 02:47 PM
well i finish at 12 so i will be flying down there :)Sweet. There'll be a cold beer for you. :thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
08-08-08, 02:48 PM
lol ill need it :) ...cannot wait to have a run!

GCT_07
08-08-08, 02:54 PM
Have you finished now Chris..... Speaking with the club is the first step to take and when I sent them a general enquiry they replied to an email Brad had sent in and sending me a copy at the same time. In this email they suggested to Brad and myself when they would like to meet. In follow up correspondance the same meeting has been addressed.

I find it outrages that a thread that was started so we can look at directions for a supporters club could have been turned into such a cat fight.

NOW are you done.... or would you like to keep going, because personaly i find it a bit embarrasing how childish this has become and just a little fed up with dealing with it.

C-Whiz
08-08-08, 03:02 PM
NOW are you done.... or would you like to keep going, because personaly i find it a bit embarrasing how childish this has become and just a little fed up with dealing with it.I agree it is getting childish, to which I apologise to forum members and visitors.

Look, as I see it this thread started as an ideas thread, but it feels as if it's turned into a "give us your ideas or miss out" sort of thing. I've stated some ideas. Use them if you wish.

DIEHARD
08-08-08, 03:18 PM
Look I am about to lock this thread.

We can talk about ideas face to face at the game for the time being.