PDA

View Full Version : Titans Sydney Tour 2008 (Manly) Cancelled. 2009 Tour planned.

Admin Team
17-07-08, 03:14 PM
Members Away Trip Info

http://www.rugby13.org/pics/Member_Away_Trip.jpg

Paul
17-07-08, 03:15 PM
Holy crap,this is the deal of the century

return flights,airport transfers,night at the travelodge,grandstand ticket and more for $229,cheaper if you're a couple or triple

Well done titans,More of this next season please and I'll go away every away round

GCT_89
17-07-08, 03:23 PM
Holy crap,this is the deal of the century

return flights,airport transfers,night at the travelodge,grandstand ticket and more for $229,cheaper if you're a couple or triple

Well done titans,More of this next season please and I'll go away every away round

flights not included.....they havent been confirmed as yet.....

just add a maximum of $99 for flights......

this is so fricken awesome........i cant wait...............

GCT_07
17-07-08, 03:26 PM
Done deal... all done and faxed through.... LMAO... they only sent the email through 10 minutes ago :p

4 of us going... :salute: :salute: :salute: :salute:

GCT_89
17-07-08, 03:40 PM
for all of those, who dont get titans emails.......ie; doug, dave and smurfs
and those whom just delete them.........rhys :mad:

here is the link to the latest edition to titans times......containing all the latest info about the away game tour, grand final tickets and other goodies.......

just click on the members noticeboard to read the latest.......
>>TITANS TIMES<< (http://http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition10/index.html)

http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition10/index.html

AWAY GAME PACKAGE form is posted above by diehard/Admin Team

just print out, fill out and fax out!

not too sure if your not an officail member....might want to contact lisa hughes about that one and report back here to help others....**cough wade cough**

kwigibo
17-07-08, 03:47 PM
just add a maximum of $99 for flights......

It says one way $99, so a maximum of $198. Surely they can do better than that for airfares though, they're the freaking sponsor.

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 03:49 PM
you mean wade please talk to lisa to get others :) :) :) :)

curly_11
17-07-08, 03:50 PM
We need to make 50 people for the trip to go ahead! Im in for sure and i will convince others as well. As if thats going to be hard! Cant wait going to be an awesome trip! :fist: :fist: :fist:

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 03:50 PM
Lisa has already told me they have 100 interested so places will go quick guys!!!!!

Paul
17-07-08, 03:51 PM
I agree with you Adam,we should surely get $59-$69 flights (or thereabouts)

I just faxed my form off

*jumps around room excitedly:D

titanstattman
17-07-08, 03:52 PM
With great saddness i wont be able to make this game as i will be far far away.......

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 03:53 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
17-07-08, 03:54 PM
Love the idea, not impressed. But to everyone who goes, have a ball!

titanstattman
17-07-08, 03:55 PM
Love the idea, not impressed. But to everyone who goes, have a ball!

Why wats up stevo

Steve
17-07-08, 04:06 PM
Why wats up stevo

The prices? :D

Had a quick look online, you could book it all yourself and pay easily $100+ less. Of course, it'd be easier if the NRL released the draw properly, so you'd know what days to book sale flights on.

Paul
17-07-08, 04:13 PM
it'd be easier if the NRL released the draw properly, so you'd know what days to book sale flights on.
I can't believe the dates aren't out yet for this round.It's crazy.

I was just thinking,if the game is on a sunday afternoon I'd fly down by myself as I'd have to go home that evening for work monday morning

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 04:17 PM
from my inside source its the sat night game :) late sat night game :)

Paul
17-07-08, 04:18 PM
That would be alright if it ends up being the case :thumbsup:

kwigibo
17-07-08, 04:36 PM

Had a quick look online, you could book it all yourself and pay easily $100+ less. Of course, it'd be easier if the NRL released the draw properly, so you'd know what days to book sale flights on.

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing, I could do this for less than $200, rather than the $300+ it looks like it'll be.

titanstattman
17-07-08, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing, I could do this for less than $200, rather than the $300+ it looks like it'll be.

It cost me under 200 if i was going.........

Paul
17-07-08, 04:40 PM
but you're not :fight:

;) :D

titanstattman
17-07-08, 04:42 PM
but you're not :fight:

;) :D

Dont get too smart boy u never know wat i'll pull out of the hat ome that time.......

kwigibo
17-07-08, 04:50 PM

If you had to pay airfare?

C-Whiz
17-07-08, 05:01 PM

Had a quick look online, you could book it all yourself and pay easily $100+ less. Of course, it'd be easier if the NRL released the draw properly, so you'd know what days to book sale flights on.Totally agree Steve. I don't want to sound like the fun-police or Mr Negativity, but just doing a quick search you could do it cheaper individually, not to mention sponsor deals etc as agroup of 50.

Also, the NRL are asking for the AFL to kicks it's ar$e with fanbase support when it can't even tell it's fans (and members) what day a game is programmed 6 weeks out! What a disgusting state of affairs, what an insult to the fans. Don't get me started again on their "official" website. :mad:

I'd love to go, but feel it's not the sort of "value" I can afford, certainly not if I don't even know if I can be there for a Sunday game, if it is a Sunday game.

agave
17-07-08, 05:20 PM
i live in syd and i want to sit meet everyone and go to the function so what do i have to do to get the package without the accom/airfares and transfers

kwigibo
17-07-08, 05:27 PM
i live in syd and i want to sit meet everyone and go to the function so what do i have to do to get the package without the accom/airfares and transfers

Um, go to ticketek?

squirrell
17-07-08, 05:29 PM
so doesnt it say flights included on the right hand side..then says flights to be confirmed?i thought it was a good deal but now mid 300 dollars doesnt sound that cheap,what happened to $10 flights or as someone said the major sponsor should look after us after all we'll all be wearing jetstar clothing!!!!! ill register my interest but wont go unless its a lot cheaper than 300+..gutted

GCT_89
17-07-08, 05:32 PM

not sure who'd contact maybe lisa hughes.........

im sure there will be some people from the southern LEGION with the same problems.........

thats the best part about it i reccon.................having a huge block of titans supporters right in the middle of an upset manly stadium......

its going to be soooo cool........

it will be even better because Legionaires will be spread out amongst the block and can rally the people around them to get involved with the chants............

apart from suncorp, this will be the best crowd you'll sit in away from SKILLED........................

GCT_89
17-07-08, 05:48 PM
staying here............

http://www.travelodge.com.au/locations/features.aspx?hid=768

2 or 3 streets east of brookvale..............

kwigibo
17-07-08, 06:04 PM
so doesnt it say flights included on the right hand side..then says flights to be confirmed?i thought it was a good deal but now mid 300 dollars doesnt sound that cheap,what happened to $10 flights or as someone said the major sponsor should look after us after all we'll all be wearing jetstar clothing!!!!! ill register my interest but wont go unless its a lot cheaper than 300+..gutted

I just guessed at the 300 number, assuming it'll be something like $69 each way. Hopefully Jetstar will do the right thing and give a much better fare than that, but even with that and on a twin share, it'll still probably cost more than 200, which you could do better than just spending half an hour booking stuff online. With at least 50 people involved, you think they'd do a better deal.

titanstattman
17-07-08, 06:09 PM
If you had to pay airfare?

who said anything about flying........:fist:

Titan Dave
17-07-08, 06:16 PM
hey
id love to go, but as the same with others, plane flights are abit high.. you would think jetstar would look after us.. i would even wear my titans gear with their logo on my shirt for alot cheaper flights.. but oh well.. when someone finds out the full price please post.. be good to meet some of you loud fans that i hear from sitting in section 20 haha

titanstattman
17-07-08, 06:39 PM
hey
id love to go, but as the same with others, plane flights are abit high.. you would think jetstar would look after us.. i would even wear my titans gear with their logo on my shirt for alot cheaper flights.. but oh well.. when someone finds out the full price please post.. be good to meet some of you loud fans that i hear from sitting in section 20 haha

Thats easy dude wen the under 20's are on come down to BAY 30 and say hi....... For one u cant miss me....

BringBackWillie
17-07-08, 09:01 PM
Hey guys - I'll speak to the club re the Southern Legion. Would be very disappointing if we can't unite on this!

TITAN PETE
18-07-08, 07:37 AM
This match will be a Sellout for sure after Beaver announced he's off to Bradford for a year & i've been to dozens of "Fullhouse" games at Brooky over the years so i think the reserved seating that Jetstar is offering is the Only way you want to be there for this match :surprise:

goldcoastitans
18-07-08, 09:07 AM
Hey guys - I'll speak to the club re the Southern Legion. Would be very disappointing if we can't unite on this!

it seems that the none members wont be able to rally with the members in the grand stand so i recon BBW us none members should come join the Southern Legion....us Smurfs are wanting to paint as well and they wont let us do it in the members area so .....what do you think?
and what do the non-members think?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
18-07-08, 09:08 AM
i think this will also help the Titans crowd get louder cause we can get the members on one side to join in with our chants and vice versa

curly_11
18-07-08, 11:31 AM
it seems that the none members wont be able to rally with the members in the grand stand so i recon BBW us none members should come join the Southern Legion....us Smurfs are wanting to paint as well and they wont let us do it in the members area so .....what do you think?

I might not be able to paint for this game as its most likely just after my shoulder reconstruction so you will need to find a fill in if so!:nope:

Paul
18-07-08, 11:33 AM
I think the southern legion have every right to be annoyed if they are denied a way oif sitting with us. They follow the boys all over NSW and the one time we're going to have a wicked away crowd they might be frozen out.Not fair imho.Hopefully the titans will sort something out for them so they can be with us in the crowd.

curly_11
18-07-08, 11:34 AM
I think the southern legion have every right to be annoyed if they are denied a way oif sitting with us. They follow the boys all over NSW and the one time we're going to have a wicked away crowd they might be frozen out.Not fair imho.Hopefully the titans will sort something out for them.

Totally agree! Its not fair and something should be done....Wade can you speak to Lisa about this?

goldcoastitans
18-07-08, 12:07 PM
Totally agree! Its not fair and something should be done....Wade can you speak to Lisa about this?

Its out of her league ...she cant do anything :(

GCT_07
18-07-08, 02:05 PM
Now I just had this thought of someone I know that 'used to be' a southern legion... who is now up here and wants to go with all of us for the manly game... but they are afraid of planes and want to drive down instead.... ohhh goodness, their name escapes me right now..... you guys all know them.....ohhh nope... just cant think of it, but i m sure not everyone has to fly down there.

daveyk
18-07-08, 06:12 PM
all i can say is that i hope that this game will be on the friday night

Paul
18-07-08, 07:42 PM
I hope to god you're going Dave:thumbsup:

titanstattman
18-07-08, 08:18 PM
Now I just had this thought of someone I know that 'used to be' a southern legion... who is now up here and wants to go with all of us for the manly game... but they are afraid of planes and want to drive down instead.... ohhh goodness, their name escapes me right now..... you guys all know them.....ohhh nope... just cant think of it, but i m sure not everyone has to fly down there.

Driveing be there 9hrs or 9 1/2

GCT_07
18-07-08, 08:28 PM
Driveing be there 9hrs or 9 1/2

Dont think anyone understood what I was meaning... so i ll just explain it tomorrow ;)

squirrell
18-07-08, 08:44 PM
ok ive relented,definately going now 2 of us from sect 6 and a manly fan from work,sending paperwork tomorrow and im coming to sect 30 tomorrow to say hi if anyone there is going to brooky,cos they will be my drinking buddies for 2 days!!lisa said the motel stay will be the night of the game which is great news i didnt want the night before..party time im feeling

Paul
18-07-08, 09:03 PM
coming to sect 30 tomorrow to say hi if anyone there is going to brooky,cos they will be my drinking buddies for 2 days!!

we'll be there at section 30 from the time the gates open tomorrow mate. so yeah,don't be shy, we're all nice :thumbsup:

squirrell
18-07-08, 09:14 PM
well i am a bit shy so ull have to buy me beers to make me talk,and ill be wearing my away shirt tomorrow so i normally stand out with all the blue

BringBackWillie
19-07-08, 10:56 AM

Hey mate - good idea too! At this stage, the Titans are planning to include the Southern Legion in the ticketing (**relief**) but much will depend on whether there are 50+ people from Qld coming down for the tour to go ahead.

If this doesn't work out, it'll be great for the Smurfs and others to join us on the Brookie hill!!! Last year we were drowned out by the Manly fans out there but with greater numbers, it'll be GAME ON!

Let's wait and see.

PS - perhaps the club should open this offer up to non-members too???

Paul
21-07-08, 12:21 PM
when on earth are the NRL going to release the times for this round?

daveyk
21-07-08, 09:26 PM
when on earth are the NRL going to release the times for this round?

i agree bro... this is an absolute joke

am still hoping for a friday night game

BringBackWillie
22-07-08, 09:22 PM
Have asked that question myself.

Apparently Manly have requested a Sunday game but that's all subject to the NRL.

I personally think the NRL need to get their act together - perhaps publish the ENTIRE confirmed dates like the AFL do so that people can plan:surprise:

hicksey
22-07-08, 09:26 PM
no it cant be a sunday game that would so suck i have semis on that sunday im so hoping for a friday night game

Paul
22-07-08, 09:27 PM
Friday or saturday will be fine for me, preferably Friday as dave will be able to go.

sunday I won't be able to go

BringBackWillie
22-07-08, 09:29 PM
Friday or saturday will be fine for me, preferably Friday as dave will be able to go.

sunday I won't be able to go

Nooooo - we want you back here down here Paul!!!

I'm just hoping it doesn't clash with the Broncos v Dogs game :D

Paul
22-07-08, 09:32 PM
and I'm dying to meet up with the southern legion once again Syl :thumbsup: but a sunday will make it a no-go for me as there is no way I can get a Monday off work(busiest day of the week for me)

Dave made a good point on saturday night saying channel 9 will probably want to cover menzies final game at brookie,whether it's friday or sunday

TITAN PETE
23-07-08, 08:27 AM
Have asked that question myself.

Apparently Manly have requested a Sunday game but that's all subject to the NRL.

I personally think the NRL need to get their act together - perhaps publish the ENTIRE confirmed dates like the AFL do so that people can plan:surprise:

Channel 9 decides when the games are played & i would put money on a Sunday arvo match as it's Beaver's last match ever at Brooky in a the regular season & it will be a sellout ;)

titanstattman
23-07-08, 09:52 AM
Channel 9 decides when the games are played & i would put money on a Sunday arvo match as it's Beaver's last match ever at Brooky in a the regular season & it will be a sellout ;)

Im with u they would get more ppl at a sunday game than a friday night game

Yeah u 2 make a nice cpl...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paul
23-07-08, 10:01 AM
*shakes fist at Doug

:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair:

:D

I'll be gutted if it's the sunday game

GCT_07
23-07-08, 12:10 PM
Doug your a big tease..... but I dats what I like about you....

As for the game... I m thinking it might be a Friday.... reason being... channel 9 normally likes to have 1 QLD game and 1 NSW game each Friday night.... it would depend on who the Bronco s are playing as to whether they think the broncos would rate higher than the titans.... so to my way of looking at it... top of the ladder manly against a QLD team... that stinks friday night to me....

Could be wrong... hey I have been wrong before... it was a few years agon now but I still remember it ;)

daveyk
23-07-08, 05:45 PM
the reason i believe it will be a friday night as apposed to Sunday arvo is that the friday night is a LIVE game not on delay....

secondly friday night would be much better coz there is more places to party at after we win... lets make it a massive trip or a messy one... LOL:D

BringBackWillie
23-07-08, 08:30 PM
As for the game... I m thinking it might be a Friday.... reason being... channel 9 normally likes to have 1 QLD game and 1 NSW game each Friday night.... it would depend on who the Bronco s are playing as to whether they think the broncos would rate higher than the titans....

Broncos play the Bulldogs in Sydney on the same weekend

This waiting game is ridiculous... and the NRL complain why fans don't attend games :mad:

Paul
29-07-08, 07:18 PM
still no dates

This is utterly pathetic.Scoring some cheap flights, organising time off work,finding decent affordable accommodation is impossible when it gets so close to the dates of the game

sort it out NRL or you'll end up with roosters crowds at every game (i.e next to nothing)

TITAN PETE
29-07-08, 09:19 PM
still no dates

This is utterly pathetic.Scoring some cheap flights, organising time off work,finding decent affordable accommodation is impossible when it gets so close to the dates of the game

sort it out NRL or you'll end up with roosters crowds at every game (i.e next to nothing)

The NRL only released the dates for the Broncos match (24)last Wednesday or Thursday so they'll probably let us know next week but put your money on a Sunday match ;)

goldcoastitans
30-07-08, 09:16 AM
I have heard from my inside source that this game is a Sat night game .....so prepare for the date to be the 27th ....but ill try and confirm that for ya guys!

Paul
30-07-08, 01:20 PM
.....so prepare for the date to be the 27th ....
Saturday would mean August 30th

C-Whiz
30-07-08, 04:09 PM
I have heard from my inside source that this game is a Sat night game .....so prepare for the date to be the 27th ....but ill try and confirm that for ya guys!Good source! :laugh:

Did he give you the scoop that Money Bill Million$ did a runner to America to join the NFL too?

goldcoastitans
30-07-08, 04:43 PM
Good source! :laugh:

Did he give you the scoop that Money Bill Million$ did a runner to America to join the NFL too?

sh1t my bad i was looking at Sep for some reason for Saturdays date :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: i meant the 30th Aug :):):)

sorry C-Whiz :D
and i wish i had the inside scoop i would have being seen the bookies that day and put a large amount on him walking out :thumbsup:

Paul
05-08-08, 06:18 PM
Monday night game

http://www.nrl.com.au/Draw/TelstraPremiership/tabid/10235/default.aspx

what an effing joke

The titans might as well not bother with the organising now as I'm guessing most people can't go

I actually feel a bit sorry for the manly fans as well.It's beavers last home game in the regular season and now they'll have to race around after work to the nightmare of a place which is Brookvale to thank him

The NRL wonder why the sydney grounds are always empty

titanstattman
05-08-08, 07:04 PM
Monday night game

what an effing joke

The titans might as well not bother with the organising now as I'm guessing most people can't go

I actually feel a bit sorry for the manly fans as well.It's beavers last home game in the regular season and now they'll have to race around after work to the nightmare of a place which is Brookvale to thank him

The NRL wonder why the sydney grounds are always empty

Monday night game yeah yeah i can make it :thumbsup:

hicksey
05-08-08, 07:05 PM
y the hell is it a monday game
that wrecks everything. what happens now

daveyk
05-08-08, 07:06 PM
well u can count me out then,......

sorry paul

Paul
05-08-08, 07:18 PM
well u can count me out then,......

sorry paul

It's alright mate, I'm out too:(

titanstattman
05-08-08, 07:26 PM
It's alright mate, I'm out too:(

Its ok boys u still have each other.........:laugh: :laugh:

hicksey
05-08-08, 07:31 PM
will it still go ahead coz on the form it didnt have monday night

C-Whiz
05-08-08, 09:04 PM
I have heard from my inside source that this game is a Sat night game .....so prepare for the date to be the 27th ....but ill try and confirm that for ya guys!Get a new source. :doh:

Monday night game

what an effing jokeYou gotta wonder what the NRL are thinking making it a Monday/Fox game so all the Beaver (Bever) fans who don't have Fox can't watch him go around. Another poor programming decision that denies some long term fans this last opportunity. Nice one Gallop/NRL. :boo:

BringBackWillie
05-08-08, 09:35 PM
This really sucks!

Even members of the Southern Legion are going to have difficulties getting to this game.... 7pm kickoff, Monday night.... city traffic :mad:

daveyk
05-08-08, 11:54 PM
You gotta wonder what the NRL are thinking making it a Monday/Fox game so all the Beaver (Bever) fans who don't have Fox can't watch him go around. Another poor programming decision that denies some long term fans this last opportunity. Nice one Gallop/NRL. :boo:

what gallop said on last weeks footy show is that the nrl has input on to when games are played...

channel 9 get games 1,2 & 5
Fox get games 3,4,6,7 & 8
Game 3 must be a monday night game

that is how the games are picked, so obviuosly channel 9 didnt think that beavers farewell rated as one of the two top games of the round...

my bet is the trip will now be cancelled.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

shamus
06-08-08, 12:12 AM
Get a new source. :doh:

You gotta wonder what the NRL are thinking making it a Monday/Fox game so all the Beaver (Bever) fans who don't have Fox can't watch him go around. Another poor programming decision that denies some long term fans this last opportunity. Nice one Gallop/NRL. :boo:

Even Manly are blowing up over this. The forum is full of pissed off people. Even a post on there from their CEO apologising. Most of the blame is being pointed at Foxtel who have the TV rights for Saturday and Monday (forget Channel 9 for the moment) so they get to choose the draw (bloody ridiculous) and picked Eagles/Titans for Monday. The rest of the blame is going to the NRL for not having the balls to insist Foxtel make it a Saturday game....but a contract is a contract (now that's funny) and Foxtel have the last word.........(after Ch 9)..and all that needs to change. Not that it will in the short term

GCT_07
06-08-08, 01:32 AM
Monday night game yeah yeah i can make it :thumbsup:

hey son... me too....... no offence to anyone... but my days off are Tuesdays and Wednesdays..... even home games are hard to get to on time because I work on Saturday and Sunday... So Monday night is fine with me........We will just have to see if it stil goes ahead i guess

Paul
06-08-08, 07:31 AM
what gallop said on last weeks footy show is that the nrl has input on to when games are played...

channel 9 get games 1,2 & 5
Fox get games 3,4,6,7 & 8
Game 3 must be a monday night game

that is how the games are picked, so obviuosly channel 9 didnt think that beavers farewell rated as one of the two top games of the round...

my bet is the trip will now be cancelled.... :doh: :doh: :doh:

the 2 friday night games are:

roosters V bunnies
Tigers V sharks

and the 2 sunday games are
Warriors V panthers
Bulldogs V Broncos

None of these games(whichever ones 9 have chosen) should have been picked over Steve menzies final game at brookie and especially when manly could quite possibly be winning the minor premiership on the day as well(although I obviously hope they don't haha)

I'm not even looking at this from a titans perspective but from a football fans perspective,It's a ludicrous decision

Cliffy GC
06-08-08, 09:19 AM
the call for this game to be on a monday night is a disgrace.
Not sure if u guys are aware but this is steve menzies last regular season game at brookvale and alot has been planned for it.
Manly begged the NRL for a sunday afternoon game but they didnt listen.
Theres a lot of noise coming from the manly supporter base and football club to change this.

It affects you guys as well as I know living here on the coast this game makes it impossible for me to go down for the game.

Make some noise about it guy you never know they might move it.

craigyd
06-08-08, 01:21 PM
Channel 9 would only look at there decision as a position Vs position.
Unfortunately they probabaly see this game as 1st Vs 13th where most of the other games will have teams in better positions,but how they would pick Roosters V Rabbits a better option than this game has me beat,Rabbits cannot make finals with Titans still a slim chance,menzies last game has to come into consideration,not only do the channel 9 commentators suck horribly so do there programme directors,i prefer Fox any day for coverage but this on a Monday night is a no win situation for anyone involved

Paul
06-08-08, 01:28 PM
The "official" titans trip is now cancelled

Smart move because it would now be a waste of everyones time who is trying to organise it for us

Paul
06-08-08, 01:30 PM
Channel 9 would only look at there decision as a position Vs position.

the sunday Ch 9 game will be broncos V dogs as they never cover the NZ home games.The dogs will be lucky to score another try by the end of the year let alone make the finals. Manly V Titans position-wise should still have been chosen if this is their criteria

craigyd
06-08-08, 01:39 PM
the sunday Ch 9 game will be broncos V dogs as they never cover the NZ home games.The dogs will be lucky to score another try by the end of the year let alone make the finals. Manly V Titans position-wise should still have been chosen if this is their criteria

channel 9 would have picked there 2 Friday night games first and Fox would have snapped this game up for ratings just because of the menzies factor.

Still dont know why 9 wouldnt want Manly V titans with manly being on top of Comp and menzies last home game and not only that there opposition are a Qld team,i see the ratings from that being much greater than Rabbits V roosters

shamus
06-08-08, 02:22 PM
the call for this game to be on a monday night is a disgrace.
Not sure if u guys are aware but this is steve menzies last regular season game at brookvale and alot has been planned for it.
Manly begged the NRL for a sunday afternoon game but they didnt listen.
Theres a lot of noise coming from the manly supporter base and football club to change this.

It affects you guys as well as I know living here on the coast this game makes it impossible for me to go down for the game.

Make some noise about it guy you never know they might move it.

Hey Cliffy...As you can post on the Manly forum and one of the comments on this topic on the forum mention that David Gallop has been given access to view this particular issue (if you can believe that) perhaps you could post the fact that the Titans only 'officially organised' tour for the year was to this game and now has been canned. Just adds a bit more ammo to the subject is all...

GCT_89
06-08-08, 02:37 PM
dairy farmers much?

or will the trip be cancelled all together?

would still be a good trip up there.......

Paul
06-08-08, 02:47 PM
channel 9 would have picked there 2 Friday night games first and Fox would have snapped this game up for ratings just because of the menzies factor.

Still dont know why 9 wouldnt want Manly V titans with manly being on top of Comp and menzies last home game and not only that there opposition are a Qld team,i see the ratings from that being much greater than Rabbits V roosters
Oh,is that how it works? I assumed they picked their 2 games then aired one on friday night prime time and the sunday arvo game

amaline
06-08-08, 03:15 PM
It's a shame this wasn't announced earlier. The trip could have been changed back to North Qld.

craigyd
06-08-08, 04:50 PM
Oh,is that how it works? I assumed they picked their 2 games then aired one on friday night prime time and the sunday arvo game

no ,9 see Fri night as there strongest rating and also they are up against a televised AFL match so they pick the first 2 games and put them on Fri night,
fox would have rubbed there hands together when 9 didnt take the option of the Titans v manly game,and with 3 games on there super sat they always get good ratings so having This match on a Monday night is a windfall for them but not for us

craigyd
06-08-08, 04:53 PM
no ,9 see Fri night as there strongest rating and also they are up against a televised AFL match so they pick the first 2 games and put them on Fri night,
fox would have rubbed there hands together when 9 didnt take the option of the Titans v manly game,and with 3 games on there super sat they always get good ratings so having This match on a Monday night is a windfall for them but not for us

also on the matter,it shows how much channel 9 rate the Broncos.Broncos are yet to play in a Monday night match where the Titans will play 4,it always seems to be Broncos on a Fri night or the Channel 9 game on Sunday,so obviously ratings for Broncos games rate highly,but surely the NRL has to see that all teams should play the mon night equally as no teams are real keen on the Monday night because of the long and then short turn around.it shows how much TV runs the game and not the governing body

Paul
06-08-08, 05:51 PM
Do teams get more/less TV money based on when they play their games?

amaline
06-08-08, 06:23 PM
Don't think so. I heard that the way it works is the total money for the TV rights gets divided by 16 which is used for the salary cap (around 4.something million per team?) I'd say that would be the only money going directly from TV to individual clubs. If there was more to it, I'm sure we'd hear clubs complain about clubs getting more Friday night (assuming that would be the game that would be paid more) games.

titanstattman
06-08-08, 06:35 PM
Well how bout we try and do sumthing for the cowboys game ay???? im heading up for that game anyway its a 5.30pm kick off.... its the 16th sat

C-Whiz
06-08-08, 07:23 PM
Well how bout we try and do sumthing for the cowboys game ay???? im heading up for that game anyway its a 5.30pm kick off.... its the 16th satI'm very tempted (always was) in going to Townsville for this game. I reckon we should enquire about making this the away trip for the fans. :thumbsup: Especially now that it is a Saturday arvo game. That is a sweet weekend away.

titanstattman
06-08-08, 07:42 PM
I'm very tempted (always was) in going to Townsville for this game. I reckon we should enquire about making this the away trip for the fans. :thumbsup: Especially now that it is a Saturday arvo game. That is a sweet weekend away.

I know i guy up there who has a hotel resort thing so i'll will make a call and ask about a gourp booking i know him pretty well as u know i do a fare bit travel so i'll let everyone know on friday or sat as im leaveing in the morning to go to syd but i'll be back friday luch:thumbsup:

C-Whiz
07-08-08, 07:09 AM
Just had a squince at the Jetstar site. Cheapest fares flying up Saturday and coming back Sunday runs at about $270 return. With accomodation and transfers this will probably put it at about $400, give or take. That's a season ticket right there. I'd need to get the tickets at about half that to make it viable TBH.

goldcoastitans
07-08-08, 11:45 AM
so is the member thing still going ahead or have they canned it yet???

Steve
07-08-08, 12:04 PM
Anyone keen, not sure of game dates but Virgin's happy hour today for flights between 27/08/2008 - 17/09/2008. has GC to Sydney for $45 and Brisbane to Townsville for $89

Looks like it misses the Cowboys game, but it WILL take in the Manly game.

These prices are from 12-1 today.

GCT_07
07-08-08, 12:28 PM
looking into it now steve...... what time are you looking at flying down..... goodness me.. nothing like pressure... only 30 minutes to work it all out

the games on the 1st sept

GCT_07
07-08-08, 12:53 PM
Well flights are booked.. will just have to see how everything else falls into place

DIEHARD
10-08-08, 12:59 AM
http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition11/images/noticeboard_awaygame.jpg

Well unfortunately the tour to Manly this year is cancelled.

But only because it was scheduled for a Monday night. Not because of lack of interest, with a big group ready to go.

The Titans will now focus on creating a tour for 2009.

It's a big shame, for everyone who was going to go and for the team at the club who put a lot of work into it.

In closing I know the package has been cited as expensive, but I have been told by the club to let everyone know that the club wasn't making a cent from the tour. The club would hate to think that people thought they were doing otherwise.

Anyway now we can look forward to the 2009 tour with the Titans putting together something even more attractive to fans.

Also for anyone else still going off their own bat, see you there with the Southern Legion!

titanstattman
10-08-08, 09:01 AM
http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition11/images/noticeboard_awaygame.jpg

Well unfortunately the tour to Manly this year is cancelled.

But only because it was scheduled for a Monday night. Not because of lack of interest, with a big group ready to go.

The Titans will now focus on creating a tour for 2009.

It's a big shame, for everyone who was going to go and for the team at the club who put a lot of work into it.

In closing I know the package has been cited as expensive, but I have been told by the club to let everyone know that the club wasn't making a cent from the tour. The club would hate to think that people thought they were doing otherwise.

Anyway now we can look forward to the 2009 tour with the Titans putting together something even more attractive to fans.

Also for anyone else still going off their own bat, see you there with the Southern Legion!

Its not so much thinking the club would make money its more about the number 1 sponsor is JETSTAR and they cant even offer cheap flights to away games......

The say on tv and radio go to the jetstar website to get ur cheap flights to follow ur team on the road but wen u go there there is nuffing in the way of cheap flights.... Thats wat the club should also be doing going to them to try and get sumthing for the fans who want to follow there team at away games......

Steve
10-08-08, 10:27 AM
To be honest, the trip was expensive if you could book it yourself and do it cheaper.

Making money off it isn't something the club seems like it would do. When they say 'for the fans' I really believe they mean it. As Doug said, the flights could have been cheaper. $99 each way doesn't cut it, for the one or two times a tour is organised, they should be giving free flights (by free I mean we only pay the taxes) on the Titans plane.

The hotel rates were more than the hotel quoted on their website, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pumped their rates for the group booking, or possibly that included the costs for the function or the game day ticket.

The biggest problem with the whole trip is the NRL scheduling, or lack of it.
We need to know it all months in advance to organise getting to games, both on our own and with the club.

Still, any feedback the club had re: prices or including the southern legion (surely they could at least buy tickets to the function) might help for next time.

I suggest a Penrith trip next year. ;) There's a big swathe of seats that they never sell for some reason (I think it's allocated seating in what was once GA), it shows up on tv, and the Titans colours would show up very well amidst all the black.

And if that happens, I'll consider wearing Titans gear. :D

DIEHARD
11-08-08, 12:38 AM
Great points Doug and Steve. I invite you to pass that feedback onto the club to help them get a better fan perspective, so they can make a better package for 2009.

membersinfo@titans.com.au

Also if you could include some prices that you came up with and websites you used to find the deals.

titanstattman
11-08-08, 07:31 AM
Great points Doug and Steve. I invite you to pass that feedback onto the club to help them get a better fan perspective, so they can make a better package for 2009.

membersinfo@titans.com.au

Also if you could include some prices that you came up with and websites you used to find the deals.

Im happy to send them sum e-mails or go talk to them.......

Iv sent e-mails to the address b4 and it al ways sends it back to me???

BringBackWillie
12-08-08, 11:17 PM
I suggest a Penrith trip next year. ;) There's a big swathe of seats that they never sell for some reason (I think it's allocated seating in what was once GA), it shows up on tv, and the Titans colours would show up very well amidst all the black.

And if that happens, I'll consider wearing Titans gear. :D

Titans v Panthers it is then - looking forward to seeing Steve in Titans gear :D

Steve
12-08-08, 11:22 PM
Titans v Panthers it is then - looking forward to seeing Steve in Titans gear :D

I said consider! :p

DIEHARD
13-08-08, 12:31 AM
I think its great that you will be wearing Titans gear over Panthers Steve. :thumbsup:

Paul
13-08-08, 06:58 AM
I'll be in for that trip as well. I haven't been back in 5 years

patskE
23-08-08, 04:11 PM
anyone going next monday
i got on holidays from work on thursday, so thinking of just going there for the under 20's game aswell
dnt know if i have anyone to go with but

DIEHARD
24-08-08, 03:09 PM
anyone going next monday
i got on holidays from work on thursday, so thinking of just going there for the under 20's game aswell

Me and a friend will be there as well as Syl and who ever can make it from the Southern Legion.

I have bought general admission tickets.

BringBackWillie
25-08-08, 09:46 PM
anyone going next monday

General admin tix on the South-East hill side.

Would be good to finally see you at a game mate!

DIEHARD
26-08-08, 10:49 AM
General admin tix on the South-East hill side.

Would be good to finally see you at a game mate!

I saw him in Big League earlier in the year!