PDA

View Full Version : Round 19: Gold Coast Titans vs Penrith Panthers

DIEHARD
06-07-08, 11:46 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Penrith Panthers

http://www.nrl.com/portals/0/galleries/Fixture_Cycler_Images/Round_19/Titans_V_Panthers_Rd19_320.jpg

TICKETS -> CLICK HERE TO BUY TITANS v PANTHERS TICKETS! (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANS08&searchId=7aa92cee-64cc-4195-b6ae-3f8e865e3ca9)

titanstattman
14-07-08, 08:04 PM
This is really a must win for us this week so every1 here on the coast has to go to skilled and get behide our beloved titans.....

And for everyone up north and down south get all ur mates together at the pub or mates house and rally behide the TITANS this week......:D

C-Whiz
14-07-08, 08:08 PM
This is really a must win for us this week so every1 here on the coast has to go to skilled and get behide our beloved titans.....

And for everyone up north and down south get all ur mates together at the pub or mates house and rally behide the TITANS this week......:DYeah, TBH I thought we'd be playing for survival this week, but after last week you can't help but feel we have what it takes for a home semi. :eyebrows:

But the Panthers season is on the ropes now so they will be playing for everything on Saturday, so we'll all have to be riding the boys home from start to finish.

Go you Mighty Titans! :thumbsup:

eelectrica
14-07-08, 09:05 PM
Problem with the Panthers is they're so damned unpredictable. Look like premiership contenders one week, Spooners the next.
Hopefully we get the spoon model this week.

At least the Titans have been in pretty much every game this year. Panthers can get frustrated if they can't put teams away which should count in our favour if we can be in it with 20 to go.

Gonna be a close one I think. Just hope presto is going to be right for the match.

patskE
14-07-08, 10:20 PM
Ashley Harrison (ribs) has been pencilled in for an early Titans comeback against Penrith on Saturday.

from a article on courior mail

means conn to 12 n matthews to the bench?

daveyk
14-07-08, 10:57 PM
preston has been cleared to play so thats great news

Steve
15-07-08, 12:08 AM
Sorry guys, I'm gonna be in black for this one!
Can't say I'll be terribly disappointed with any result though. Should be a great game.

GCT_07
15-07-08, 12:27 AM
Can't say I'll be terribly disappointed with any result though. Should be a great game.

You know, I was told that you were going to be in Panthers colours and I thought.... NOOOOOO...

I m going to have to bring soap with me to the game to ... "wash your mouth out boy" :surprise:

Tamwelg
15-07-08, 11:50 AM
The side is un changed at this stage

TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
2. Ben Jeffery
3. Josh Graham
4. Gavin Cooper
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Mat Rogers
7. Brad Davis
8. James Stosic
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Will Mathews
13. Daniel Conn

Interchange:
14. Matthew Cross
15. Michael Henderson
16. Luke Swain
17. Shannon Walker

Paul
15-07-08, 12:14 PM
Good

all 17 players from last weekend deserve to keep their spot. It's up to the players coming back to earn their place back in the side.

titanstattman
15-07-08, 01:40 PM

Sorry steve but i think u should be go in thw away bay if ur going to wear those colurs........:fight: :fight: :fight: .....:D :D

GCT_89
15-07-08, 01:47 PM
The side is un changed at this stage

TITANS

1. Preston Campbell
2. Ben Jeffery
3. Josh Graham
4. Gavin Cooper
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Mat Rogers
7. Brad Davis
8. James Stosic
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Will Mathews
13. Daniel Conn

Interchange:
14. Matthew Cross
15. Michael Henderson
16. Luke Swain
17. Shannon Walker

i was hoping for this............great to see o'dwyer wasnt let in for free.............plus this is resting players like delaney who do deserve their spots for later rounds.............

titanstattman
15-07-08, 01:51 PM
i was hoping for this............great to see o'dwyer wasnt let in for free.............plus this is resting players like delaney who do deserve their spots for later rounds.............

Delaney is still in the sick bay so prob be a cpl more weeks b4 he gets in........

curly_11
15-07-08, 03:14 PM
On the Titans TV segment where they announce the team Steve said that there are likely to be a few changes so dont get too exicted about the same team yet. Still think O'Dwyer should sit out his form is in a real slump and i think hes a pretty good player but Cooper should definitely take his wing spot!

If Atkins is Fit ....its time to go Jeffries and leave Rapana in! :D

Paul
15-07-08, 03:16 PM
Sorry steve but i think u should be go in thw away bay if ur going to wear those colurs........:fight: :fight: :fight: .....:D :D
he is sitting in the away end this weekend Doug

kwigibo
15-07-08, 03:39 PM
On the Titans TV segment where they announce the team Steve said that there are likely to be a few changes so dont get too exicted about the same team yet.

Hopeless selectors. Last week's team would have beaten the dragons and sea eagles, why does he insist on going backwards?

Steve
15-07-08, 04:49 PM
he is sitting in the away end this weekend Doug

That's right!

And I know the guy who organises the Qld Panthers Supporters group booked 25 tickets just a couple days ago. We'll have to try to make sure you hear us down in bay 30. ;)

But don't worry, I'll still come visit you fellas. Give Doug a big ol' hug. :D

titanstattman
15-07-08, 04:53 PM
That's right!

And I know the guy who organises the Qld Panthers Supporters group booked 25 tickets just a couple days ago. We'll have to try to make sure you hear us down in bay 30. ;)

I thought paul was joking wen he said u were i cant believ this one of our own turning his back on the THE LEGION and THE TITANS to surrport a team wat has no chance of making the finals over the team who will make the finals....:fight: .....

Give me a hug steveo.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

titans_rulz25
15-07-08, 05:15 PM
:fist: I think personally that the titans should put preston in half-back i just think i would be a good combernation between matt and preston and shanon walker should go to full-back to cover preston's orginal spot

HERE GOES THE TITANS THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS:fist: :fist:
HERE GOES THE TITANS THE MIGHTY MIGHTY MIGHTY TITANS:fist: :fist:

Paul
15-07-08, 05:32 PM
That's right!

Take your camera Steve and take pics of us down the other end :thumbsup:

GCT_07
15-07-08, 05:39 PM
Take your camera Steve and take pics of us down the other end :thumbsup:

See now there is a positive in what is just a dark dark dark day.... we can have lots of photo s taken of exactly how good section 30 looks...... (sorry steve... still cant believe you ve gone to the dark side..... :( )

patskE
15-07-08, 05:48 PM
just read meant to be a unchange team
with delaney to pass a fitness test
odwyer is at long odds

so guessing campbell at fb n davis still there

CanberraTitan
15-07-08, 06:34 PM
Saturday:

GOLD COAST v PENRITH at Skilled Park (5.35pm)

TITANS: Preston Campbell (c); Ben Jeffrey, Luke O'Dwyer, Brett Delaney, Jordan Rapana; Mat Rogers, Brad Davis; Ashley Harrison, Daniel Conn, Anthony Laffranchi, Micheel Hodgson, Nathan Friend, James Stosic. Res: Matthew Cross, Michael Henderson, Luke Swain, Shannon Walker, Josh Graham, Gavin Cooper, Will Matthews (three to be omitted).

PENRITH: Rhys Wesser; Lachlan Coote, Michael Jennings, Brad Tighe, Michael Gordon; Wade Graham, Luke Lewis; Nathan Smith, Trent Waterhouse, Frank Pritchard, Petero Civoniceva (c), Luke Priddis, Tony Puletua. Res: Junior Moors, Matthew Bell, Luke Rooney, Masada Iosefa (one to be omitted).
Referee: Matt Cecchin.

Got this from daily telegraph website, Wonder why there is difference in sides announced, shame to see O'dwyer come back in, hoping cooper got another go.

titanstattman
15-07-08, 06:59 PM
Saturday:

GOLD COAST v PENRITH at Skilled Park (5.35pm)

TITANS: Preston Campbell (c); Ben Jeffrey, Luke O'Dwyer, Brett Delaney, Jordan Rapana; Mat Rogers, Brad Davis; Ashley Harrison, Daniel Conn, Anthony Laffranchi, Micheel Hodgson, Nathan Friend, James Stosic. Res: Matthew Cross, Michael Henderson, Luke Swain, Shannon Walker, Josh Graham, Gavin Cooper, Will Matthews (three to be omitted).

PENRITH: Rhys Wesser; Lachlan Coote, Michael Jennings, Brad Tighe, Michael Gordon; Wade Graham, Luke Lewis; Nathan Smith, Trent Waterhouse, Frank Pritchard, Petero Civoniceva (c), Luke Priddis, Tony Puletua. Res: Junior Moors, Matthew Bell, Luke Rooney, Masada Iosefa (one to be omitted).
Referee: Matt Cecchin.

Got this from daily telegraph website, Wonder why there is difference in sides announced, shame to see O'dwyer come back in, hoping cooper got another go.

Just watched NRL Teams and they hav said the same team......

I think Carty couldnt dump the players from last week so he has named them on the beanch for a 7man :surprise:

Even tho he has put those players stright back in the side im still happy with the side and i think we will walk away with the win.... as if the players wat are comming back dont beform his got that back up to get the job done.....:eyebrows:

kwigibo
15-07-08, 08:37 PM
Can't see the forest for the trees.

titanstattman
15-07-08, 08:39 PM
Can't see the forest for the trees.

Meaning????????????

C-Whiz
15-07-08, 08:55 PM
Meaning????????????
Maybe it means he is testing everyones patience to see if we all snap like twigs!

BringBackWillie
15-07-08, 08:57 PM
That's right!

Go Steve Go ! :D

kwigibo
15-07-08, 09:00 PM
Meaning????????????

I wasn't referring to you, but the team list.

jasbec
15-07-08, 09:04 PM
Whats happened to Jordan Atkins?

Supergoose
15-07-08, 09:26 PM
Let's hope that O'Dwyer is dropped and Cooper comes in for him, if that doesn't happen I will be peeved. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. At least Pritchard and Jennings run on the other side of the field to O'Dwyer otherwise we'd be full of holes! C'mon Titans - it's time to reward the form players and give the others a chance to regain confidence in the Q Cup.

C-Whiz
15-07-08, 09:34 PM
I wasn't referring to you, but the team list.

I was referring to Carty in my post, BTW. As in Carty is testing our patience by persisting with O'Dwyer.

Blunt_Beno
15-07-08, 10:55 PM
Maybe it means he is testing everyones patience to see if we all snap like twigs!

seeing the name of odwyer in there after both centers played so well last week and proved they are more worthy, has driven me very very close, i can see the cracks emerging :helpme:

Airlie Beach Titan
16-07-08, 06:00 AM
Liking the second row..

goldcoastitans
16-07-08, 10:10 AM
seeing the name of odwyer in there after both centers played so well last week and proved they are more worthy, has driven me very very close, i can see the cracks emerging :helpme:

i think Cooper deserves to be there to help out Jeffery's, as much as im not a fan of Jeffery's, i feel more confident with Cooper in the inside of him then O'Dwyer.....what is Carty doing :doh:

Paul
16-07-08, 11:19 AM
The thing is,Ben jeffrey played with such confidence last weekend.You could see it just the way he was moving around the field.Cooper gave him loads of cover and they played nicely alongside each other. Cooper should be retained for that reason alone as we had a bloke who was dangerous in the centres and who also gave our sometimes shaky winger more confidence.

jenwood
16-07-08, 03:30 PM
The thing is,Ben jeffrey played with such confidence last weekend.You could see it just the way he was moving around the field.Cooper gave him loads of cover and they played nicely alongside each other. Cooper should be retained for that reason alone as we had a bloke who was dangerous in the centres and who also gave our sometimes shaky winger more confidence.

Great post Paul- my sentiments exactly! Cooper should definitely stay right where he is!!!:D

kwigibo
16-07-08, 04:16 PM
I think a "Cooper For Centre" banner is called for maybe.

curly_11
16-07-08, 04:16 PM

Great post Paul- my sentiments exactly! Cooper should definitely stay right where he is!!!:D

So true. I like O'Dwyer but his form is terrible lately. Keep Cooper!

kwigibo
16-07-08, 04:31 PM
So true. I like O'Dwyer but his form is terrible lately. Keep Cooper!

I don't think it's form. I don't think either him or Jefferey are built for a modern back line, but Jefferey at least has some offensive nous.

Blunt_Beno
16-07-08, 05:24 PM
I think a "Cooper For Centre" banner is called for maybe.

look forward to seein it :thumbsup:

skua
16-07-08, 08:23 PM
well lets hope johnny cartwright knows right for saturday. i want another 2 points added to the ladder next to the titans :)

go titans :D we can do it

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 09:30 AM
i am so annoyed i cant be at the game but i still got 2 more home games before the finals :) :) :) :) :) :)

GCT_07
17-07-08, 09:37 AM
By not being there at least you will miss one of the origional Legion members... one of the origional forum members..... you will miss having to see him in black... abandoning the Titans.... the LEGION... its a dark dark day.

goldcoastitans
17-07-08, 10:19 AM
By not being there at least you will miss one of the origional Legion members... one of the origional forum members..... you will miss having to see him in black... abandoning the Titans.... the LEGION... its a dark dark day.

i have seen photos from the Carrara game ...that was enough for me :nope:

Steve
17-07-08, 11:10 AM
its a dark dark day.

Not just dark, BLACK!

GCT_07
17-07-08, 11:24 AM
Not just dark, BLACK!

Ohhh and now he mocks me.... ignoring my pain... the pain of abandonment...

Ok its a Black Black Black day.... etched in my memory forever now...

Please note I will be sending you the bills of any trauma councelling I will require

:cry:

Steve
17-07-08, 11:43 AM
Please note I will be sending you the bills of any trauma councelling I will require

:cry:

1800 55 1800

It's a free call. ;)

GCT_07
17-07-08, 11:56 AM
1800 55 1800

It's a free call. ;)

No I rang lifeline... I told them, I ended up having to calm them down, I got an opperator in Robina... ohhhh she wasnt happy Steve. She is on 24hr watch at the moment...... I gave them your address, they will be sending their bills to you too. :surprise:

titanstattman
17-07-08, 04:34 PM
1800 55 1800

It's a free call. ;)

We stright here at the titans..........

kwigibo
17-07-08, 04:48 PM
look forward to seein it :thumbsup:

I was hoping someone else would do it. As much as I bag O'Dwyer on his performances, I have nothing against him personally, and I'm not a cruel person. That's what makes it so frustrating when Cartwright week after week can't see what's now clear to everyone else. For the good of the team Cooper (or someone else as suitable) needs to have a #3 on his back this for the rest of the season.

The titans struggle away at the best of times, but when they're finally FORCED to choose a smart back line, they win the toughest game in their history. Then, as soon as they're able, they switch back to what was repeatedly and painfully not working. It's, um, unfortunate. Whoever are the Titans analysts are not doing their job.

patskE
17-07-08, 05:40 PM
u hit the nail on the head
odwyer in the centre's hasnt been working...
cooper comes in and does the job and it worked
but gone back to the same old thing

skua
17-07-08, 06:58 PM
yes that is true, O'Dwyer hasnt been a really good strategy for the titans. well they should put cooper on field and put odwyer on the interchange

C-Whiz
17-07-08, 07:09 PM
u hit the nail on the head
odwyer in the centre's hasnt been working...
cooper comes in and does the job and it worked
but gone back to the same old thingJust been reading yours, Kwigibos and others posts, and I've just realised (I can be a bit slow!;)) that it's not the out of form players fault if we lose. It's the people who keep selecting them when there are better options available. Maybe we should stop blaming the players who run out and focus on the reason they are getting a start in the first place. Just a thought.

kwigibo
17-07-08, 07:17 PM
It's the people who keep selecting them when there are better options available. Maybe we should stop blaming the players who run out and focus on the reason they are getting a start in the first place. Just a thought.

Exactly. And dropping a player isn't the worst thing in the world, especially if they do really have what it takes, that's how you get the best out of them, making them earn it.

patskE
17-07-08, 07:50 PM
i know, i just said dwyer at centre isnt working, but they keep slecting him there...

GCT_07
17-07-08, 09:45 PM
It's the people who keep selecting them when there are better options available. Maybe we should stop blaming the players who run out and focus on the reason they are getting a start in the first place. Just a thought.

I would say a bit of both Cwhiz.... I know I ve already put this in a different post but it explains what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by patskE
WHEN Luke O'Dwyer agreed to rest his troublesome AC joint, he didn't expect he might face a battle to reclaim his Titans' centre position.

But in the wake of Friday night's stunning upset win over the Roosters, O'Dwyer admits he will return to Gold Coast training with a big task ahead of him.

"I'll be back at it tomorrow and after what the young guys did on Friday night I'll have to really rip in and show some enthusiasm to get back in the team," he said.
"from courior mail

OK... so I dont throw a tanti on here that often... but I m going to jump on my soap box for just one second...... Does anyone else find it insulting to read "I ll have to really rip in and show some enthusiasm to get back in the team"

I read through this and just stared at it..... We have just had one loss after the other but its not until the threat of not being in the team that you think geez... i might need to show a little more enthusiasm.... Your fans are devistated week after week and now... that you are in fear of loosing your position to you want to show a little more enthusiasm.... I would have thought that each time you walk out on skilled that you look around and seeing 20 odd thousand people screaming out, would have been enough to bring on a little enthusiasm. A lot of these people scrape their money together to get the tickets, for some its their escape from the stresses... but they are not enough to bring on some enthusiasm.

SO now I m left with 2 options....... 1. hope he was misquoted.... or 2. wont be able to look at him the same way again....

Just not happy Jan!

So if that sthe attitude of "some" of the players then I would say its the players fault just as much as it is the selectors.

kwigibo
17-07-08, 10:17 PM
So if that sthe attitude of "some" of the players then I would say its the players fault just as much as it is the selectors.

Well, the selection policies that have applied to him this year have arguably been behind this overly casual mentality. He seemingly can't get dropped, why would he think he has to do more than just show up?

Paul
18-07-08, 10:01 PM
Harrison back for Titans
By Jim Morton
AAP
Gold Coast have been boosted by the return of a State of Origin back-rower but Penrith may lose one of their own for Saturday night's crunch NRL clash.

Trent Waterhouse is set to put family before football by staying at home to be with heavily pregnant wife Sascha as his teammates travelled to the Coast.

Waterhouse is due to fly north on Saturday morning but Penrith have put youngster Joseph Paulo on stand-by in case Sascha goes into labour.

"His wife is due very soon," said Panthers coach Matt Elliott, who wants the former Test and NSW lock to be on hand for the birth.

"While he's a very highly regarded player and a highly rewarded player, there are some things more important than footy and being present for the birth of your first child, and any child, is a particularly big thing in anyone's life."

Waterhouse's potential loss is in contrast to the Titans situation with Queensland Origin forward Ashley Harrison shrugging off a rib injury.

Harrison sustained cracked ribs in the Maroons' 16-10 triumph in the Origin decider this month, forcing him out of the last two matches.

Centres Luke O'Dwyer and Brett Delaney have also been cleared to play.

Coach John Cartwright confidently declared the back-rower would start at Skilled Park against the Panthers after coming through a fitness test.

A former Panthers great, Cartwright has warned his sixth-placed side they need to bring their A-game to overcome a side noted for their inconsistency this season.

Gold Coast's upset win over the Roosters last Friday has boosted their confidence but stand-in halfback Brad Davis said the victory would be "wasted" if they slipped up against Penrith.

"Everyone wrote us off and the belief the 17 blokes showed was outstanding and it paved the way for the win," he said.

"It's crucial that we back it up this week. Penrith are a very dangerous team and are good away from home so it will be a tough game."

Elliott was incensed by Penrith's attitude in last week's upset 30-18 home loss to Newcastle.

It allowed a group of five clubs to move within one point of them at eighth place on a congested table.

"There's a group of teams on 18 points right behind us and we've put ourselves in that situation," he said.

"We have to fight tooth and nail if it's important to us to compete at the back-end of the season."

Posted:Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:02:07

good news ash is back and even better if waterhouse is out for Penrith

GCT_89
18-07-08, 10:10 PM
:) harrison in, waterhouse out.

:( Odwyer in.

karnage
19-07-08, 10:04 AM
Any news on Pritchard and Lewis.

Earlier in the week they were reported as being out with injury - long term in the case of Pritchard. Do we know if they will be suiting up this evening??

patskE
19-07-08, 02:07 PM
dwyer has been cleared to play :( on the brighter side so has harrison n delaney have been cleared to play

pritchard meant to be out for rest of season
but keeps playing on.

patskE
19-07-08, 02:13 PM
Makeshift centre Gavin Cooper, who played a starring role last Friday, is struggling with a hip injury and is not expected to play.

Rookie prop Will Matthews will return to the under-20s, while Luke Swain is on standby for Harrison should he not pull through.

Backrower-centre Josh Graham moves to the interchange bench to accommodate O'Dwyer.

Shannon Walker will start from the bench but look for him to make an impact from fullback when Preston Campbell shifts to halfback near the end of the first half.

Former Panthers prop Matt Cross maintains his bench spot to take on his former club.

from goldcoast bulletion
shame about matthews
least walker there!

daveyk
19-07-08, 02:17 PM
am really hapyy that walker has held on to a spot in 1st grade.... his impact last week was magic...

am so pumed for this game.... come on 3pm hurry up

patskE
19-07-08, 07:09 PM
sigh gg, man y change a winning team?
i can understand putting harrison n delaney back in but jeez, odwyer has to go
jeffery i still dont know, when campbell made that break, he started to come bak in for some reason, n realise he was in the wrong, tryed to strighten back up n get the ball but could get it in time.

i dont understand y he bench's davis... ethier start walker with campbell at halfback, or leave walker out, waste of a bench spot.
think u see cross out next week aswell

kwigibo
19-07-08, 08:30 PM
Changes next week?

Paul
19-07-08, 09:45 PM
This is the first time I've left skilled park this season completely disillusioned.We absolutely got what we deserved,a real flogging by a team who were better than us all over the park on the night. We were abysmal and fully deserved to lose so badly.

I'd make the first grade watch a video of the U/20's last two games to show what real commitment is

GCT_07
19-07-08, 10:17 PM
Well even with the points for the round I could only honestly give them to Campbell and Rogers...... IMO We had a weakness and it was attacked. Jefferies and ODwyer... WTF... The panthers to their credit attacked them all night and they stuffed up just as the panthers expected them to. I really didnt expect to lose this one..... I expected to be able to rub in it where steve is concerned :fist: but now instead have to put up with that bloody cheesy grin..... naa you ve been fine Steve.... not saying I forgive you :nope: .... but you ve been fine ;)

Ohhh well...looking on the positive side... he would have to... i m sure he would have to alter the line up next week... surely :ugh:

Paul
19-07-08, 10:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190524.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190525.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190526.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190514-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190515-1.jpg

Paul
19-07-08, 10:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190519.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190523.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190527.jpg

Steve
19-07-08, 11:54 PM
Quite enjoyed the game, and it was pretty close until the last 10 or so, and I gotta say, I thought it would be a lot closer than it was in the end. Titans didn't have the mongrel that got them the win against the roosters, and the Panthers decided to turn up.

Great pics too Paul! But where's our Titans TV shot? :D

Paul
20-07-08, 07:32 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190516.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D

patskE
20-07-08, 09:33 AM
its carty, prob wont be any changes

the under 20's are going well, even without there 2 strike weapons.

think u would have to drop cross and dwyer, but doubt that will happen. cooper prob wont get back in, grahman will ge that centre spot prob.

kwigibo
20-07-08, 09:56 AM
its carty, prob wont be any changes

the under 20's are going well, even without there 2 strike weapons.

think u would have to drop cross and dwyer, but doubt that will happen. cooper prob wont get back in, grahman will ge that centre spot prob.

If Cooper is fit should be straight back in. So should Meyers, he has the experience and leadership to fill in for Bailey.

Steel Dragon
20-07-08, 12:07 PM
The list of title pretenders grows. Cowboys, Dogs, Bunnies, Raiders, Newcastle, Parra, Warriors, Tigers, Penrith, Titans, Dragons, and Broncos may as well give up and go home. Actually add the Sharks to that list. The Grand Final will be won by one of Melbourne, Manly, or the Roosters, in descending order of probability.

Jason

hammer
20-07-08, 12:18 PM
The list of title pretenders grows. Cowboys, Dogs, Bunnies, Raiders, Newcastle, Parra, Warriors, Tigers, Penrith, Titans, Dragons, and Broncos may as well give up and go home. Actually add the Sharks to that list. The Grand Final will be won by one of Melbourne, Manly, or the Roosters, in descending order of probability.

Jason

The list of pretenders is growing but I don't believe the list is that long. I believe that anyone who makes the top eight with their key players fit and in form have a genuine chance at title glory. Injuries to key personnel, like what has happened to the Titans, would dethrone Melbourne, and destroy the opportunities Manly and the Roosters would have also.
Too early to say who are genuine title chances.

titanstattman
20-07-08, 12:39 PM

Jason

There is 26 rds not 19..........

GCT_89
20-07-08, 03:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190525.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7190526.jpg

hey hey

was great to be a fill in for the day................... will put my hand up to be the exclamation mark next time if need be, it was great fun.......................

SMURFS FTW!!!! :D

still managed to wear me traditional JETSTAR VISOR........... :p

shame about the loss, but sh!t happens and we can move on...................

mikeyba
20-07-08, 09:17 PM
If rogers gets suspended.. want to see either..

1. Josh Lewis brought in (cant believe he is going.. best 5/8 we have..rogers included!!)

or

2 my preference is above.. but move davis to 5/8 and start presto at 7 and walker at 1.. will free up a bench spot for something useful!!

my 2 cents.. where was the defense!!! damn we miss mini!!

GCT_07
20-07-08, 10:13 PM
If rogers gets suspended.. want to see either..

1. Josh Lewis brought in (cant believe he is going.. best 5/8 we have..rogers included!!)

or

2 my preference is above.. but move davis to 5/8 and start presto at 7 and walker at 1.. will free up a bench spot for something useful!!

my 2 cents.. where was the defense!!! damn we miss mini!!

Ohhhh ....Ohhhhh .... Ohhhhh.... wash that mouth out....

Did you not watch the game last night... or hold on... MAN OF THE MATCH the week before

While the hit was high, it wasnt a deliberate high. I think they will see that and he will be fine to continue this season...... because he is BY FAR... OUR BEST 5/8

If in doubt, just watch the game again on foxtel or if you dont have that go to NRL web site and you can download it..... Now for someone who isnt that good, all you hear is his name mentioned continually... all you see is him setting up one play after the other...

titanstattman
21-07-08, 05:51 PM
Ohhhh ....Ohhhhh .... Ohhhhh.... wash that mouth out....

Did you not watch the game last night... or hold on... MAN OF THE MATCH the week before

While the hit was high, it wasnt a deliberate high. I think they will see that and he will be fine to continue this season...... because he is BY FAR... OUR BEST 5/8

If in doubt, just watch the game again on foxtel or if you dont have that go to NRL web site and you can download it..... Now for someone who isnt that good, all you hear is his name mentioned continually... all you see is him setting up one play after the other...

This sucks his out for weeks cuz of his rib....

GCT_07
21-07-08, 06:01 PM
This sucks his out for weeks cuz of his rib....

I know... I know..... I think I might turn to Alcohol... hold on I dont drink much... oHHHH goodness... I m beside myself ... I dont know what to do.... :nope: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Steel Dragon
21-07-08, 11:29 PM
Add the Roosters tomy earlier list of pretenders. Until I see compelling evidence to the contray, the only teams who can realistically be considered title chances are Melbourne and Manly. Geez I hope I'm wrong...

Jason :(

mikeyba
24-07-08, 01:45 PM
ohh ...and the Titans of course!!! come on.. it can be done..

GCT_89
24-07-08, 01:49 PM
HAHAHA............Todd Carney in big trouble.........some players think they can get away with anything..........mainly coz their club helps them.........

THE Canberra Raiders stand accused of being involved in a cover-up that led to a player lying to police to save halfback Todd Carney from going to jail.

A sacked former player, Steve Irwin, now with Queensland Cup club Wynnum-Manly, has broken his silence to reveal his part in the cover-up that saved Carney's career.

Irwin was sacked last June after being a passenger in a car with Carney driving in a high-speed police pursuit in Canberra.

He later told police that Carney, whose licence was suspended at the time, had not been drinking before he fled the scene. Carney was later charged with driving with a suspended licence, but Irwin's lie saved him from the more serious charge of driving under the influence.

"They (Canberra officials) asked me to say he wasn't pissed and that would keep him out of jail," Irwin said.

He was told to lie to police by saying he asked Carney - who had his licence suspended at the time - to drive home after a night out.

More seriously, Irwin alleged Canberra asked him to tell police Carney was not drunk - claims which could force police to reopen their investigation.

Canberra last night vehemently and angrily denied the allegations.

A complaint against Carney this week has been withdrawn, ACT police said. Carney was alleged to have urinated on a patron at a Canberra pub in the early hours of Monday.

"That investigation is concluded as the complaint has been withdrawn," police said.

SOURCE (http://http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24067525-10389,00.html)

i havent seen it on this forum as yet, so i decided to put it in here coz its got to do with our next game...............

its a real shame to see players go through this, but low life scum deserve what they get......

Paul
24-07-08, 02:06 PM
wow,thats a pretty big accusation. I'd say whether it happened or not Irwin better have some pretty good proof or the raiders may go after him for this.

I don't doubt that it happened though personally,Carney seems like an absolute ballbag of a bloke

GCT_07
24-07-08, 02:24 PM
wow,thats a pretty big accusation. I'd say whether it happened or not Irwin better have some pretty good proof or the raiders may go after him for this.

I don't doubt that it happened though personally,Carney seems like an absolute ballbag of a bloke

Think you may end up with an "edit" on that one paul......LOL .... I said low life... and got the edit.. so i think ball bag....hmmmmm

Paul
24-07-08, 02:50 PM
Think you may end up with an "edit" on that one paul......LOL .... I said low life... and got the edit.. so i think ball bag....hmmmmm
LOL, What I was thinking was much worse:D

and to be honest if you can't call someone who drives drunk and leads police on high speed chases then pees on other human beings a little name then it's a sad state of affairs :D

titanstattman
24-07-08, 05:36 PM
LOL, What I was thinking was much worse:D

and to be honest if you can't call someone who drives drunk and leads police on high speed chases then pees on other human beings a little name then it's a sad state of affairs :D

Well ur right there man i tryed as well and get the wat can i say...... ummmm....

Green Machine
26-07-08, 10:30 PM
Todd Carney is the bomb, you guys can bag him out as much as you want but you would all love him on your team. He's a young bloke having a good time and took a leak on Dane Tilse's mate...for all we know it could have been a joke or a good laugh between drunks.

Not like hes bashed or mudered anybody...footballers are people and if the media didnt blow stuff out or proportion no one would have been affected by it.

Todd the Champ!

Paul
26-07-08, 10:35 PM
.for all we know it could have been a joke or a good laugh between drunks.

LOL ffs, yeah, me and my mates think it's hilarious to get drunk and piss on each other, We're so funny...What a stupid way to try and defend his latest scummy incident:p

Good player,no doubt about that at all
BUT
absolute idiot as a person & someone who clearly doesn't hold his grog well

If anybody else did the things he has done in the past 2 years they'd be locked up

Green Machine
26-07-08, 10:56 PM
God knows what drunk young fellas will do, I dont drink so im not really up on it. But some people cant hold there grog and change drastically when they do drink. i think Todd is one of those guys as Ive heard from alot of people hes a good bloke...just one of those few who changes under the influence.

Paul
26-07-08, 11:03 PM
God knows what drunk young fellas will do, I dont drink so im not really up on it. But some people cant hold there grog and change drastically when they do drink. i think Todd is one of those guys as Ive heard from alot of people hes a good bloke...just one of those few who changes under the influence.

serious question, how many chances do you think he should get? Are the raiders within their rights to slap a "no alcohol" ban on him during the NRL season? Alcohol is clearly his problem and he doesn't seem to be trying to curb his bad habits so as a Canberra supporter what do you propose your club do?

GCT_07
26-07-08, 11:22 PM
Todd Carney is the bomb, you guys can bag him out as much as you want but you would all love him on your team. He's a young bloke having a good time and took a leak on Dane Tilse's mate...for all we know it could have been a joke or a good laugh between drunks.

Not like hes bashed or mudered anybody...footballers are people and if the media didnt blow stuff out or proportion no one would have been affected by it.

Todd the Champ!

Hmmmmm.... Just thinking about whether its worth my effort actually explaining human decency...... ummmmm probably not and as for whether or not I would want him on our team...... I would not support a team that turned a blind eye to the behaviour of their players when they behave in that manner.

The only thing going for the raiders is that they decided not to be blind and have finished him up for the season.