PDA

View Full Version : Southern Legion Rnd 18: Roosters v Titans (11 July, Friday night)

Paul
26-06-08, 09:23 PM
Anyone else going? or will I be there all by myself at the sfs against the chooks?

titanstattman
26-06-08, 10:27 PM
Anyone else going? or will I be there all by myself at the sfs against the chooks?

Wen is this game as i think i'll be down there so if so i'll be there......

BringBackWillie
26-06-08, 11:43 PM
A heads up for the next Titans away game down here - I think the boys really need us to turn out in force so that they can get some AWAY wins under their belt in time for the finals campaign...

Details for the game -

Round 18: Roosters v Titans (Friday, 11 July)

Kickoff: 7:45pm

Tickets: Ticketek - the Southern Legion will be assembling in Bay 37 (general admin)

It's our 2nd last away game in Sydney before the finals

Hope to see you there!

Paul
27-06-08, 06:44 AM
I was hoping you would be Doug.July 11th (Friday night)

titanstattman
27-06-08, 08:43 AM
I was hoping you would be Doug.July 11th (Friday night)

Yep i'll be there........ to take on the willie...........

And u'll might find with only 5 home games left i think i'll be away alot sop i'll be at just about all the away games. so look out Down sth im comming again.. lol hehehe

Paul
27-06-08, 04:17 PM
wicked.I'll give you my mob number at the game tomoz and we'll catch up in the CBD or at the SFS:thumbsup:

patskE
27-06-08, 04:56 PM
wat day is it on? n time
prob get down there
havnt seen our boys win a game yet live :(

Paul
27-06-08, 05:19 PM
Friday July 11th,7:30pm

CanberraTitan
02-07-08, 08:06 AM
A heads up for the next Titans away game down here - I think the boys really need us to turn out in force so that they can get some AWAY wins under their belt in time for the finals campaign...

Details for the game -

Round 18: Roosters v Titans (Friday, 11 July)

Kickoff: 7:45pm

Tickets: Ticketek - the Southern Legion will be assembling in Bay 37 (general admin)

It's our 2nd last away game in Sydney before the finals

Hope to see you there!

What sort of position on the feild is bay 37, I don't get to many games and like to get good seats when i go, But am also thinking I would like the experience of not sitting in the middle of Opposition supporters for a change.

GCT_89
02-07-08, 08:43 AM
if you want good seats, watch it on channel nin from your lounge room, best seats you'll find...

if you want an awesome experience, go and watch it with a whole heaps of fellow supporters........no matter where you are in the stadium.........

just giving ya the hot tip

Steve
02-07-08, 08:54 AM

Tell the Southern lads that, was disappointed with the last turn out, though for a monday, to be expected I suppose. I swear us Northerners were half the group. ;)

TITAN PETE
02-07-08, 11:30 AM
if you want good seats, watch it on channel nin from your lounge room, best seats you'll find...

if you want an awesome experience, go and watch it with a whole heaps of fellow supporters........no matter where you are in the stadium.........

just giving ya the hot tip

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's all about being at the match to appreciate the atmosphere :fist:

goldcoastitans
02-07-08, 11:38 AM

THE LEGIONS!!!! SECTION 30..............WE ALL APPRECIATE THE ATMOSPHERE!!:salute:

GCT_89
02-07-08, 11:40 AM

LOL

says the foundation member with titanium seats........:laugh:

was good to see you guys swing by during the U/20s on sat night

CanberraTitan
02-07-08, 11:45 AM
Consider me convinced.

Bay 37 it is

BringBackWillie
02-07-08, 01:32 PM
Consider me convinced.

Bay 37 it is

Great to hear

Bay 37 is on the Eastern side on approx the 20 m line

Make sure you intro yourself when you're there. Be great to put a face to a forum name!

BringBackWillie
02-07-08, 01:33 PM
Tell the Southern lads that, was disappointed with the last turn out, though for a monday, to be expected I suppose. I swear us Northerners were half the group. ;)

I know, I know. Sydney traffic is the huge issue!

Steve
02-07-08, 01:56 PM
I know, I know. Sydney traffic is the huge issue!

It not moving? Or the half a week's wage going into tolls to get to a game? :D

titanstattman
02-07-08, 02:32 PM
Paul talk on friday i should know about that box......

patskE
05-07-08, 03:08 PM
yeh ill be there for sure
n ill make sure the king conn will be flying high!
HOO HOO
EAT THOSE CHOOKS!

helcam4
05-07-08, 07:24 PM
hey guys helen and cameron here, flying down thurs for game , does everyone meet up outside stadium or does everyone just go to bay 37.

titanstattman
05-07-08, 07:29 PM
As i said earlyer in the post that i would there for this one im sorry to say i wont be........ sorry paul

Paul
05-07-08, 08:35 PM
It's alright Doug, I'll abuse a rooster on your behalf mate :D

Paul
05-07-08, 08:37 PM
hey guys helen and cameron here, flying down thurs for game , does everyone meet up outside stadium or does everyone just go to bay 37.

I'll be flying down friday morning and staying near central station so I'll be getting to the SFS for the KO in the toyota cup where we will hopefully make it 6 unbeaten so if you or anyone want to meet up beforehand or at the stadium let me know

titanstattman
05-07-08, 08:40 PM
It's alright Doug, I'll abuse a rooster on your behalf mate :D

maybe i should think of sumthing for u to say on my behalf and tel ya b4 u leave :surprise: :surprise: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
05-07-08, 08:43 PM
Usually they just meet in the supporters bay as far as I know. But other plans are often made, but when gates open the Southern Legion like us up here, always try and be there to secure the best seats and set up.

I'm sure BringBackWillie aka Syl our Southern general will be on here soon to let us know whats happening.

Last year she said the Roosters game was great in the respect of having cheering competitions with the Chook Pen.

Should be great!

BringBackWillie
06-07-08, 07:54 PM

Hey guys - with the game being a Friday nighter, we're all just going to meet at Bay 37. There will be a few there earlier but no meeting/drinks before this game.

Make sure you introduce yourselves!

As Diehard said, last year we had a great turn-out against the Roosters and had a sing-off against the Chook Pen. From the sounds of things, we should get a good number for this game to repeat that!

Can't wait for this game!

Paul
10-07-08, 10:25 AM
dumb question but will I have to just ask for a GA ticket or a GA ticket in bay 37?

Steve
10-07-08, 10:45 AM
dumb question but will I have to just ask for a GA ticket or a GA ticket in bay 37?

Just ask for an away supporters bay ticket.
It's gonna be that empty, it really won't matter where you have a ticket though.

Try for a season member discount too, I didn't think you could so I didn't ask, but kwigibo's brother did I think.

Paul
10-07-08, 10:58 AM
Thanks Steve, I'll give it a try

kwigibo
10-07-08, 01:39 PM
Yeah, at ANZ we got $19 tickets I think.

BringBackWillie
11-07-08, 09:15 AM
It's going to be freezing at this game! Hopefully we'll get as many Titans fans together for this game

goldcoastitans
11-07-08, 09:18 AM
i hope you guys get a huge crowd ...i would love to be down there for the game!!!

kwigibo
11-07-08, 10:06 PM
Paul, you were all over the TV, just saw you again on the FSN report.

DIEHARD
12-07-08, 03:50 AM
Paul, you were all over the TV, just saw you again on the FSN report.

Paul was all over the box tonight. Well done mate! It's SO great to see so many Queensland based fans attending away matches, it is a fantastic culture we are breeding here.

Well done to Sylvie as well. It was an awesome shot when the Titans were embracing in victory and you can see her gold banner directly in the background.

Well done all! And to the Titans fans with letters written on them and no shirts.

BringBackWillie
12-07-08, 12:23 PM
What a game!

In freezing conditions, it was nice to have more bodies around in the otherwise empty Bay 37 area. The Southern Legion were joined by a number of interstate visitors including helcam4 and Paul, and some newbies who are Titans fans who have just relocated here. Great to meet you guys!

Preston and Carty gave the crew a wave during the warm-up period and we voiced our support for Shannon Walker and Jordan Rapana!

The game was quite stressful with the amount of bs penalties against us and Braith "I'm so overrated" Anasta trying to milk more penalties towards the end of the game but it was SWEET victory in the end!

We had one Rooster reject fan decide to come over for a short period and annoy us with his Rooster chants until one of the Titans dads told him in no uncertain terms that he was not welcome and that he would not earn the praise of his mates by trying to stir us up during the game.

Think I've lost my voice but after this game, have certainly not lost hope for the Titans in their run to the finals :salute:

Some photos from the night...

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/08Jul110012-SouthernLegionandvisito.jpg

With Michael Searle after the game

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/08Jul110020-WithTitansCEOMichaelSea.jpg

With one of the heroes of the night - Jordan Rapana!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/08Jul110022-WithdebutantJordanRapan.jpg

With Luke Bailey

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/08Jul110016-WithInjuredTitanLukeBai.jpg

And with a far from impressed Anthony Tupou

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w318/BringBackWillie/Titans/08Jul110015-ThatsGoldwithRoosterAnt.jpg

kwigibo
12-07-08, 01:07 PM
That photo with Tupou is a freaking classic!

titanstattman
12-07-08, 01:43 PM
That photo with Tupou is a freaking classic!

I hate to think wat he was saying under his breath

BringBackWillie
12-07-08, 03:10 PM
I hate to think wat he was saying under his breath

I'll let Paul get on line and describe the language used by Tupou :D

Sweet victory!

C-Whiz
12-07-08, 04:44 PM
Nice work Southern Legion! :salute:

The photos are great, but seeing you guys and girls on TV, especially Sylvie's banner and the shirtless crew was awesome! It must have felt really special to be there and you earned your reward along with the team. Well done!

Paul
12-07-08, 07:48 PM
I just got back home

best night of the season for me We were SO loud all night long.I literally have NO voice left at the moment,I can't talk at all.

Anthony Tupou is a bit of a tosser,he very begrudgingly accepted to have his photo with us (and we weren't being smug,we were being pretty polite) and then he refused in no uncertain terms to having a photo is Syl's banner was anywhere near him

I'm going to have a shower then come back and post about it

kwigibo
12-07-08, 08:36 PM
Anthony Tupou is a bit of a tosser,he very begrudgingly accepted to have his photo with us (and we weren't being smug,we were being pretty polite) and then he refused in no uncertain terms to having a photo is Syl's banner was anywhere near him

Those bloody blues, no class. Looks like you have no choice but to support the maroons next year :D

Paul
12-07-08, 09:29 PM
This was my day

Arrived at the SFS about 3-ish. Went to fox studios,Saw Willy mason and wound him up.If looks could kill I'd be dead. Was walking around and this family calls me over and asks if I was a titan fan so I said yep and they said they were the family of Vave (the forward from our under 20's) and they kindly gave me a free ticket.Kind of funny I bumped into them as the other week I was standing in line at skilled and randomly talking to a guy who turned out to be his dad :D

Went to bay 37 and our mini legion gradually filled up to around 20 people or so. We got down the front and vocal all the way during the Toyota cup,it was made really fun because the boys were on fire even without Rapana,Matthews and Walker in the side.

First grade came out and warmed up in front of us. We let Jordan Rapana know right from the very start we were stoked he was there in 1st grade with our non stop rendition of RA-PA-NA woah oh oh oh,RA-PA-NA woah oh oh oh and then Ben Jeffrey was in front of us and we gave him the JEFFREY JEFFREY bowing chant...so when you think about it both wingers good form last night was purely down to us :D :D Carty gave us a wave,Preston & Walker gave us one too

The game was awesome,the atmosphere we made was absolutely one of the best I've been a part of this season,we could learn alot from our southern brothers and sisters .
We sang/yelled and chanted from the moment they ran out to warm up until an hour and a bit after the game where we met the team even on the way out of the stadium we had a titans chant going and it was echoing through the upper tiers haha...the rooster fans calling us wankers and telling us to shut up was hilarious so we just got louder.
Yelling abuse at Ben Cummins was the only way to relieve the stress from yet another anti-titan ref performance. I can't stand the wanker rooster supporters,as soon as they got their hands on the ball they'd start booing even if we were doing nothing wrong at all, it was so tiresome and you'd think having a long history of theirs they'd have more than the one and very boring ROO-STER chant. Lamest supporters in the NRL,tossbags the lot of them.

At half time I said if we score first after the break we'll win,The feeling of a win was just in the air and we all stayed positive, we kept yelling and singing right until the end and when the full time siren went everyone hugged and high 5'd like we'd won the NRL grand final.Thats how important that win was,especially with that roosters last set of 6 where our defence was just outstanding. This would HAVE to lift the boys because we deserved this win,it wasn't lucky or a fluke

We decided to all go round and wait for the players so first one out was Bull,he took pics with everyone.Then Michael Searle came out and spoke to us and thanked us then he got on his mob phone and found out the players were coming out the back way so he told us to go down there so that was a nice thing for him to do.he is such a champ

Jordan Rapana was out next and he got a massive cheer,probably the biggest out of the whole team and he looked a bit overwhelmed by all the hysteria around him. Brad davis came out and was a top bloke. The rest of the team came out and had photos/signed stuff for everyone. I hugged preston & told him to come chat to us at the legion next weekend, he laughed and said "Yeah,alright mate,no worries: :laugh:,He is a legend. Shannon Walker,Swain,Friendy and Rogers all spent loads of time with us

Then we found out Dally Messenger was a titans fan, the roosters fans who saw us do this were NOT happy ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/homesick_alien/P7110504.jpg

Then we all went and celebrated at some RSL until they kicked us out.I got back to my hotel and was still pumped so I went back out,met a Norwegian girl who just landed in Aus and stayed out until 7am. I haven't slept since 3am Friday morning so I'm shattered right now

Paul
12-07-08, 09:37 PM
yeh ill be there for sure

No sight of you or the sign matey, where were ya?

Paul
12-07-08, 09:40 PM
oh and in the sydney morning herald there was a great photo of Rapana after scoring and in the background you could see us all jumping in the air :D

kwigibo
12-07-08, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a great trip, you smug bastard, I 've seen you and your dance moves on Fox Sports News about 10 times today! Why couldn't I have gone to this game!? :D

Paul
12-07-08, 10:22 PM
You would have loved it Adam,It was tailor made for a vocal person like yourself :D

Oh and If there was 10,000 odd people there I'll eat my hat. It was closer to about 4 or 5 thousand

BringBackWillie
13-07-08, 12:52 PM
oh and in the sydney morning herald there was a great photo of Rapana after scoring and in the background you could see us all jumping in the air :D

Can someone post the photo you're talking about?

helcam4
13-07-08, 03:08 PM
heres the photo guys ,were in the bottom right corner

Paul
13-07-08, 03:11 PM
hah thats the one. In the actual paper it took up the whole width of the broadsheet.

goldcoastitans
14-07-08, 10:37 AM
hah thats the one. In the actual paper it took up the whole width of the broadsheet.

hahahaha i am so bloody jealous you got to go to this game ....wish i was there!