PDA

View Full Version : Southern Legion Rnd 21: Storm V TITANS @ Olympic Park (1 Aug)

GCT_89
18-06-08, 05:38 PM
Melbourne Storm vs Gold Coast Titans

7:45pm, Friday 1st August 2008 - Olympic Park

>>>TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT HERE<<< (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=STORM08&searchId=1f7c19c1-206f-4d29-9103-c23e16b8ba38)

so whos going?

i plan to be in melbourne on this weekend.......

any of the regular LEGION flying down for this one?
any of the southern LEGION flying down for this one?
any of the southern, southern LEGION going to this one?

storm man.......lol http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MelbourneStormMan

Steve
18-06-08, 05:44 PM
I want to make this one, I have friends in Melbourne to visit, just a matter of whether or not finances allow.

Paul
18-06-08, 05:48 PM
unless I win the lottery or get a huge payrise in the near future I won't be going

I'm so broke lately :(

BringBackWillie
18-06-08, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately won't be able to head to this one - not within my budget or warmth!

Was hoping to do an away trip up to Dairy Farmers though...

There a couple of Melb based Titans fans who met us at a few games in Sydney last year, will email them and see if they will be there. It'd be great to get a group of Titans fans together for this one!

kwigibo
18-06-08, 09:42 PM
unless I win the lottery or get a huge payrise in the near future I won't be going

I'm so broke lately :(

I've got the price finder on Bestflights up at the moment, and Jetstar have $59 fares each way, arriving 11:35 pm thursday night departing 6:40pm saturday evening. $118 return, plus ticket, plus accommodation you might swing it for $200-250. I'm just gonna waste the money on pizza and beer anyway, if I can get my ducks in a row over the next day or two, I will be coming. I've never been to Melbourne.

kwigibo
18-06-08, 10:12 PM
Anyone have any advice on lodgings?

daveyk
18-06-08, 11:14 PM
$59 fares each way?? damn thats cheap....

might have to look at this one more closely..

DIEHARD
18-06-08, 11:16 PM
Well I know Dannyboi will be there because he won the Jetstar FanZone.

daveyk
18-06-08, 11:17 PM

the lucky b@st@rd.... hahahahahah:thumbsup:

kwigibo
18-06-08, 11:21 PM
$59 fares each way?? damn thats cheap....

might have to look at this one more closely..

Yeah, I want to book soon those cheap fares always go first.

kwigibo
18-06-08, 11:25 PM
Oh, and there's a chance I might have some free accommodation to take advantage of, but I may have to join the catholic church, or at least pretend to.

daveyk
18-06-08, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I want to book soon those cheap fares always go first.

yeh am about to start a new job and with it being winter am not sure that i could go donw thursday night, well thats pretty much a certainty, however will look into going down on the friday arvo and coming back sat, that hopefully wont be too much of a problem... only time will tell. will let you know though

daveyk
18-06-08, 11:29 PM
Oh, and there's a chance I might have some free accommodation to take advantage of, but I may have to join the catholic church, or at least pretend to.

well i know if i go was go down i will have accom... my brother lives down there - not as crazy as tattman but pretty close - its highly tempting, love goin to melb...

and i know could get some people from down there to come and support the titans as well...

GCT_89
18-06-08, 11:30 PM

hahaha......

well ill def be there........i was just wondering where everyone would be sitting? should we all just get GA tickets.......so that we can meet up anywhere and still band together........

GCT_89
18-06-08, 11:34 PM
well i know if i go was go down i will have accom... my brother lives down there - not as crazy as tattman but pretty close - its highly tempting, love goin to melb...

and i know could get some people from down there to come and support the titans as well...

that would be great.....

and would be good to meet another insane kirby.......lol

kwigibo
18-06-08, 11:35 PM

I have relatives down there too, just not sure they're able to offer more than a couch. Will try to drag them to the game though.

daveyk
18-06-08, 11:37 PM
okay then i will see if i can get half a day off on the friday to go down

should hopefully know by 2moro or friday....

yeh gct_89 - WE ARE ALL INSANE

kwigibo
18-06-08, 11:40 PM
hahaha......

well ill def be there........i was just wondering where everyone would be sitting? should we all just get GA tickets.......so that we can meet up anywhere and still band together........

GA sounds best for getting a presence. I don't imagine we'd have to book tickets in advance, not likely to sell out is it?

kwigibo
18-06-08, 11:46 PM
okay then i will see if i can get half a day off on the friday to go down

should hopefully know by 2moro or friday....

yeh gct_89 - WE ARE ALL INSANE

I think there are $89 fares on the friday afternoon.

TITAN PETE
26-06-08, 09:21 PM

My young bloke Big D also won the Jetstar Fan Zone & he picked the Melbourne game straight away so we'll definatley be there Freezing our Nuts Off but it'll be worth it :fist:

titanstattman
26-06-08, 10:22 PM
I will be there im driving down so wont cost me a thing and its only 18 n a half hrs down there

titanstattman
27-06-08, 10:18 AM
Allso in the gold coast bulli u can win a return flights a nights stay and go to the game aswell

GCT_89
29-07-08, 09:14 AM
ok everyone, i know alot of you arent going anymore, which is pretty slack for some as i convinced some mates to come and they are flying tiger airways.......$117 all up, thats there and back.........

so a fresh list is needed......

ill be there with my girl, plus i think dannyboi and titan pete won the fanzone to there..... and rhys i think? or did he choose elsewhere?

Me
Girlfriend
Titan pete
Big D?
Dannyboi + 1
Rhys?
Wes?

anyone else?

TITAN PETE
29-07-08, 10:48 AM
ok everyone, i know alot of you arent going anymore, which is pretty slack for some as i convinced some mates to come and they are flying tiger airways.......$117 all up, thats there and back.........

so a fresh list is needed......

ill be there with my girl, plus i think dannyboi and titan pete won the fanzone to there..... and rhys i think? or did he choose elsewhere?

Me
Girlfriend
Titan pete
Big D?
Dannyboi + 1
Rhys?
Wes?

anyone else?

Me & Big D will be there we travel as a pair :laugh:

p.s P.M me a mobil number but if u are wearing your war paint i'll find you

dannyboi
29-07-08, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone apologies for not making last two games...

I've just gotten my tickets through for this game. I'm sitting Western Grandstand Section 25 / H1 - looks like pretty crap seats actually :) nosebleed section at the try line. Can anyone who's going let me know maybe we can all sit together - doubt it will pack out...

Private MSG me or SMS me 0407 469 269

Anyone going it's gonna be cold - 2 degrees last night so rug up...

Steve
29-07-08, 02:00 PM
I wanted to go to this, just have to see if i can wrangle a bit of time off work. I have some friends I could stay with, and just checking out Tiger, can do it for $99 return if I fly thursday/monday. Pretty darn good! 'cept the getting to the GC airport part. :D

Will see how I go, it's a bit 50/50 at the moment.

GCT_89
29-07-08, 02:03 PM
well at least tiger goes to tullamarine.......from brisbane jetstar only goes to avalon......lol

would be great if you could join us steve........if so bring your helmet.......i'll be representing the LEGION while im down.....also trying to take my banner down.....but not sure how to get the poles down there too.......

Steve
29-07-08, 02:15 PM
I'd hit a hardware store and buy poles down there, throw them out after.

You should be able to take on the plane though, wrap them up and tie them up well, put a label on and check it in. Should be fine.

Paul
30-07-08, 07:16 AM
Danny, you going to the Newcastle game?

GCT_89
31-07-08, 03:18 PM
flying down tonight.....i will have my CONN banner with me, just gonna wrap the poles and have them seperate........ not sure where im sitting as yet but, ill have my LEGION helmet on so keep an eye out for me........ :thumbsup:

Steve
01-08-08, 02:31 PM
Talking to a friend in Melbourne, she just described the weather as 'psycho'.

Tried opening the back door and couldn't because of the wind, in addition to pissing down rain and being black outside mid afternoon.

Gonna be fun for the lads down there!

BringBackWillie
04-08-08, 01:56 PM
OK guys who went - give us a report!!!

GCT_89
04-08-08, 11:17 PM
cold & miserable
i officially hate melbourne as its almost impossible to follow any kind of league team but the storm........
their local paper had like half a page of league stuff in it.....(all storm)
a shop there (everything sports) had soccer, afl, and even boxing stuff...........no NRL merch......lol
i didnt see any Titans supporters the whole time i was there, let alone a single storm supporter (until i got to a game of course)...........i got excited when i saw someone wearing a orange and black scarf with tigers written on it............soon dissappointed to realise their is an AFL club called thr Richmond Tigers........

at the end of the day it was fine i guess and would have been amazing if we pulled off an upset win, but we didnt and i would much rather be standing at skilled than have to sit and watch a game at that hole ever again........

dannyboi
05-08-08, 01:40 PM
I flew in with the under 20's team on Friday morning - we were all dressed up pretty much the same as they were which was good cause we got mistaken all the way to the airport for them and even got special service on the plane... ha-ha...

Got to the Hotel and for some reason jetstar decided to book me into a Double room (two guys traveling). I even made a point when i booked this trip that we needed separate beds. So to and from I had a lie a little and tell them we were jetstar corporate (cause that's what my ticket said) and we finally got upgraded to 2 x single beds because the hotel was totally booked out it was a big drama and not an easy task. So the room was ****, we had a nice view over a dumb site and a few demolished buildings.

It was cold and windy in Melbourne, like you wouldn't believe.. I checked the temp before we left and wasn't much different from back home so I decided one jumper and thin jacket. Bad call - three layers of t-shirts, jumper and jacket and i was still cold. Almost snowed on Friday :(

The stadium is a total disgrace. The seats in some sections are not even bolted on and just normal plastic chairs. Olympic Stadium is pretty much just a school athletics track. There is a massive gap between the seating and the actual grass. There was one snack and one drinks outlet for the entire western grand stand and they were connected by dark and creepy concrete hallways. Had to sit down and not allowed to stand up and the door people are nazi's not letting anyone else in different sections even though their was plenty of room. I'd be ashamed to call that my home ground. Lucky I was too drunk to care actually - sorry by the way to all the corporate sponsors sitting with me while I hurdled abuse....

I'll post some pictures when I get a chance..

goldcoastitans
05-08-08, 01:54 PM
cold & miserable
i officially hate melbourne as its almost impossible to follow any kind of league team but the storm........
their local paper had like half a page of league stuff in it.....(all storm)
a shop there (everything sports) had soccer, afl, and even boxing stuff...........no NRL merch......lol

i know what you mean, we were there when the Storm played St George and not even in Melbourne did i hear about the fight!!!! i only heard there was a fight when i landed in GC!!!! thats BAD!

titanstattman
05-08-08, 07:23 PM
Well in was alot warmer where i was up the top end of QLD...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: