PDA

View Full Version : How did you find your way to the forum?

DeeGan
24-11-05, 01:14 PM
How did you find your way to the forum?

I ask members to take the time to poll their vote and if need be add a comment in the thread.

Cheers

DeeGan

Queenslander
24-11-05, 01:17 PM
Well on the day that the Titans were launched I read in the newspaper that the website www.titans.com.au had been bought. So I went to the website in the morning but it didnt work but later that night I went on and the rest is history.

Titans#1
24-11-05, 01:31 PM
I was at the Robina launch and the next day I googled it! lol

Teegy
24-11-05, 01:32 PM
I remembered from the old site that you were starting an official one an just found it when i went to titans.com.au

Titanium_BD1103
24-11-05, 02:03 PM
Stubbsie found this place.. liked it and posted a thread up on The Kennel aka. I am now banned at.. so I thought seeing as I had been interested in the idea of a Gold Coast team for a while.. I would check it out... and glad I did.. this place is one fine place to be.. :D :D

Super Cronk
24-11-05, 02:08 PM
I heard that the titans site was up i went over had a look and saw that there was a forum..so i joined.

League Freak
24-11-05, 02:54 PM
Ive been a visitor to the Gold Coast web site for a LONG time. Before they even called themselves the Dolphins for a short while.

When the forum opened, I was one of the first to join.

Steelers
24-11-05, 05:36 PM
I was referred by former Moderator Mav-Fan about 3-4 days after the launch.

SOLIOLA
24-11-05, 05:51 PM
I found it through Nrlrant.com

But i wanted to hear from other people if it was good and the feedback respone was all positives

Steelers
24-11-05, 05:53 PM
I found it through Nrlrant.com

My little advertisement is working ;)

In-Cyde #1
24-11-05, 05:55 PM
I was searching out the Titans on the Net, and followed the prompts.
Glad I did. You guy's are great.

Titanium_BD1103
24-11-05, 06:00 PM
My little advertisement is working ;)

Thanks In-Cyde1... its good to hear people enjoying it here so much.. :D :D

As for that comment Steelers.. I say well done mate... we finally got one back on Stubbsie and his continual promotion of NRL Rant in every other forums threads.. :D :D

And it worked which is doublely good..keep it up there... :clap:

Steelers
24-11-05, 06:05 PM
As for that comment Steelers.. I say well done mate... we finally got one back on Stubbsie and his continual promotion of NRL Rant in every other forums threads.. :D :D

And it worked which is doublely good..keep it up there... :clap:

LOL I just felt that if he can come into our forum and blatantly advertise NRL Rant, then I should be able to do the same :p I did not do it anywhere near as badly as Stubbsie does it though, I just left a thread in the forum links thread and left a little information about the forum. Turns out that some likes what they saw :p

Christabella
24-11-05, 09:31 PM
I saw a link on another forum (not the Kennel, I'm sure I was here before any other member of that site) talking about the poll of possible Titans jumper designs on here, then saw the forum and joined in.

Steve Dangerous
24-11-05, 11:17 PM
I was loitering around the internet on the night of the launch looking to find out the team name/logo, then i was informed the website was up... checked that out, ended up here and signed on the first night!

DeeGan
25-11-05, 12:08 PM
Keep the feedback coming guys and girls!

DeeGan

Go_The_Doggies
25-11-05, 02:47 PM
TJ.....told me:D:D:D

Social Loafer
28-11-05, 12:54 PM
Someone posted a link at the Greenhouse, so I thought I'd join for the fun of it ;)

Titans#1
28-11-05, 01:09 PM
Someone posted a link at the Greenhouse, so I thought I'd join for the fun of it ;)

That would have been me I think!

Welcome! Have fun!

Super Cronk
28-11-05, 01:39 PM
welcome Schifty, i know you will be a valued member..;)

Research Station Drive
29-11-05, 04:15 PM
I was looking up the Titans website once I knew I was heading up here.

I was surprised to see a forum attached to the official site, and extremely impressed by the standard of the forum design.

Once I started posting I was astounded by the friendliness and intelligence of posters. I plan to stick around here for a while.

Top forum :thumbsup:

HodgoBerro
21-12-05, 05:49 PM
the day after they announced the name for the GC i was on the internet playing and come across the new titans website which had the links to the forum

Moejoe
21-12-05, 11:08 PM
I was at robina for the Launch of the titans, Raced home after the event and signed up as oon as i could. Extremly glad i did, As this is by far the best league comunity ever.

Luke
22-12-05, 07:56 AM
I found it on the Titans site

Sideline Eye
28-12-05, 07:54 PM
Saw a link on a Manly website.

Titanium_BD1103
03-01-06, 10:40 PM
What there is a link to these forums on the Sea Eagles site.. that is nice.. :)

This shows just how much everyone wants the Titans to be successful.. we are already well on our way then.. ;)

TDoGGBulldog
03-01-06, 10:41 PM
reffered to by another forum - The Kennel:)

RIP
18-01-06, 12:11 AM
I was on the old website & chating With Chris Knell alot (what a champion) but i was so lazy 2 join, but i finally did 2 talk 2 other hardcore fan :clap:

Super Cronk
18-01-06, 01:33 PM
I was on the old website & chating With Chris Knell alot (what a champion) but i was so lazy 2 join, but i finally did 2 talk 2 other hardcore fan :clap:

Welcome mate...look forward to hearing your views.

RIP
19-01-06, 11:29 AM
Thanks mate

DeeGan
19-01-06, 09:24 PM
To All the new members joining!

Don't forget to tell us about how you found this forum and use this forum to 'Introduce Yourself' to fellow Titans and League fans.

DeeGan

Wolfpak
21-01-06, 12:23 AM
I found the forum through the Titans website. I started using the site the day after the Brand Launch at Robina. Before that I used to browse the old Dolphins site. Man, I wish I had gotten myself one of those Dolphins jerseys!

stormside
27-01-06, 09:31 PM
I did a search for Gold Coast Titans and was taken to RL Grandstand forum. IN there Diehard posted about a few polls on this site and I came via the link he posted. Glad I did. Parra fan since Super League followed the Bullies before that (went to Parra as thats where the Bulldogs best went). If I start comming in here enough by the time season 2007 kicks off I may well be a Titans convert or have 2 fave teams at least. Goodluck everyone.

DeeGan
16-05-06, 10:55 AM
For those who have not voted here, please do, it will help with future enhancements to the forum/site.

Thanks

[BroncosGirl]
16-05-06, 03:10 PM
From the Website, i was having a look there and noticed it :)!

broncos_cow_girl
16-05-06, 03:17 PM
I was referred by a member and worked for me - so tell all your mates :)

SuperCliffy#01
16-05-06, 04:57 PM
I just typed in Gold Coast Titans in the search section and it popped up and i found it had a forum site and so i joined up.cya. :lol!:

patskE
18-05-06, 02:50 PM
was looking for a new team to follow after bears got drop'd out, just went to the titans website, read some ****, seemed good
signed up to the forums and started to follow it

~Wild Child~
20-05-06, 05:52 PM
Got really bored with the forum I used to be on..so typed in Titan's on google...just to see what you guys were up to....all good stuff.

Kallan
20-05-06, 06:59 PM
Well.. I read an article on nrl.com a really long time ago, and it mentioned the titans website and then i found the forum.

Bradford_Bully
06-06-06, 09:41 AM
I just googled the Titans as I was curious to how the side was shaping up after I heard they were robbing Wigan of one of their best players, and anyone who helps in the demise of Wigan is good by me :happy: .

*Anyway* kept the site on ym favourites to check every now and then and saw the forum. Good to see it attached to the official site and everyone is cool, the Bradford Bulls was closed down because it became a bit too chaotic and negative :nope: .

The GC now my official NRL team!

DeeGan
12-06-06, 06:23 PM
New members, be sure to nominate a poll option! :D

Thanks in advance ;)

Smeg Head
12-06-06, 06:58 PM
Heard about the website just after the launch.. I used to go to the old dolphins site... then finally got round to signing up to the forum and then went a bit slack and didnt really come back until now :D

Souths'n'Titans
17-06-06, 08:34 PM
I was searching for the chat room the colosseum and this came up and i ended up here

DeeGan
17-06-06, 09:13 PM
More new members are asked to poll their vote here - please of course :D

Souths'n'Titans
17-06-06, 09:16 PM
More new members are asked to poll their vote here - please of course :D
Yeah i voted then

Queenslander
17-06-06, 09:17 PM
Yeah i voted then

Other new members who havent yet voted mate ;)

Supergoose
23-06-06, 10:20 AM
Only got home internet recently and thought I'd like to find a league community to talk to. I started in Sportal but didn't find it very satisfying. I was always intending to switch alegiance to the new Titans outfit as I liked what I saw with their building of the club and I lived on the coast for a few years with my son being born there. I linked to the Titans website via the link in NRL.com and read through some comments and though these people sound like they know what they're on about - I'm in. And I;ve felt very welcome since I joined. Still waiting to start my first thread but happy to comment on other peoples stuff for now.

Hoppy2007Dragons
23-06-06, 06:14 PM
I found it through the nrl site on the titan page, clicked on the titan website, so the forum, read a few posts and joined.

shane-hunter
04-07-06, 04:10 PM
how's it going, heard about this site from a mate of mine...

Meh
04-07-06, 04:15 PM
was curious about a gold coast team, knew i was gonna end up following it so i went on the site to check what singings they had already and saw there was a forum so i joined.

DeeGan
04-07-06, 11:23 PM
Thanks Meh - more new members posting feedback here would be appreciated :D

BRONCOS FAN
05-07-06, 04:15 PM
I just found it.. And im glad i did because i love talking about footy..

jenny
22-07-06, 12:13 PM
I was asked by someone to go and check what was going on with the team.
Then i found it ;) that was a while back now!

Manly Boy
23-07-06, 03:12 PM
i as recommended to go on here by BRONCOS FAN...

Darren Lockyer
23-07-06, 05:47 PM
I went through the site.

Grimmace
05-08-06, 12:54 PM
Ronald Mcdonald told grimmace to come and have a look no seriously i found it through the footy show website

Poida
05-08-06, 12:59 PM
i got here from titans website

DeeGan
04-09-06, 10:49 AM
830+ member with only 65 responses - please take the time to complete this poll if you haven't done so already.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. If you haven't done so, start a thread and introduce yourself to the members of the forum.

Arianrhod
05-09-06, 03:02 PM
Google search. :naughty:

BigRed10
07-09-06, 05:38 PM
I was searching for various stuff on my favourite player- Brad Meyers, which lead me to the Titans website through a search engine.

And I guess, for me to keep an eye out on how Brad will be performing which other way then to log onto a forum and here people's reactions on him.

zacaroo
17-09-06, 06:55 AM
someone posted the link on my rugby league forum

DeeGan
20-09-06, 08:32 PM
New members

If you haven't done so already, let us know how you found your way to the forum.

Thanks,

Poida
20-09-06, 08:36 PM
to be honest when i found this forum i wasnt gonna join cause i thought it was titans fans only

DeeGan
20-09-06, 08:47 PM
to be honest when i found this forum i wasnt gonna join cause i thought it was titans fans only

It was, "other" fans just found their way here ;)
Yes, I am kidding :laugh:

Poida
20-09-06, 08:49 PM
lol yeah.very funny.lol

Thaiday and Hodges Rule
21-09-06, 12:11 AM
Well i was searching for a pic on yahoo for the Queensland Origin jersey for 2007 and it led me here

mareemckenzie
22-09-06, 08:07 PM
im a young single mum with three boys growing up really fast who love footy so i have started watching it and now im hooked and really excited about this new teams. ill be your number one fan with three little shadows. :clap:

Rayzr
22-09-06, 10:45 PM
I was looking at some NRL team sites and found the titans forum.
The actual official NRL forum ive only found

Mish
24-09-06, 11:20 PM
Tigersss directed me here.. and I thought why not.. will be good to see how the big cat boys are getting on in titan town

Crouching_Tiger
24-09-06, 11:48 PM
Tigersss directed me here.. and I thought why not.. will be good to see how the big cat boys are getting on in titan town

Your stalking skills of following me around exceed my expectations Mish :noidea:

Mish
24-09-06, 11:50 PM
Your stalking skills of following me around exceed my expectations Mish :noidea:

all i have to say is.....

I HATE YOU!

Crouching_Tiger
25-09-06, 12:04 AM
all i have to say is.....

I HATE YOU!

I noticed you had to EDIT your comment as you clearly didn't check that you are only 12 months late :mine:

TIGERSSS
26-09-06, 10:07 PM
with a mouse and a keyboard ;)

BrisbaneBroncosRule
27-09-06, 03:03 PM
zac sent me :)

Newcastle Panther
05-10-06, 08:58 PM
Hey, I'm Newcastle Panther - a Penrith fan from the Hunter Valley!

Got to the official Gold Coast website from a link in the Titans section on LeagueUnlimited. Then from the website, I got to the forum.

Thanks for having me

jenny
05-10-06, 09:13 PM
Hey, I'm Newcastle Panther - a Penrith fan from the Hunter Valley!

Got to the official Gold Coast website from a link in the Titans section on LeagueUnlimited. Then from the website, I got to the forum.

Thanks for having me
Great to have you here Newcastle Panther... :win: WELCOME! :clap:

jake86
06-10-06, 12:25 AM
Well I was interested in the titans, so i did a google search, found the site, and then found my my way to the forum from there

pennyavery@versa.com.au
07-10-06, 10:00 AM
Reading my local Saturday Newspaper....

Sonny-Skill
25-10-06, 10:10 AM
Gold Coast Titans website

W.I.L.T
28-10-06, 12:41 PM
Was looking for a new forum site, this showed up when my friend sent me a link about Preston Campbell that didn't work, then my computer searched for things similar to that link and this showed up. Feel good story of the year.

Robbie_Dee
28-10-06, 12:46 PM
I can't exactly remember, i think a friend mentioned he was a member so i decided to take a look.

Steel Dragon
10-11-06, 01:44 PM
I've been following the website since it was GoldCoastDolphins.com.au, so it was natural I joined up to the forum when I noticed it was here.

Jason

hugebrianfan
22-11-06, 03:19 PM
I found out that Brian Carney was moving to the gold coast titans from the knights and i wasnt sure if they were a new team entering nrl so i got on google,typed in Gold Coast titans and i found the forum and signed up now i have been coming back here ever since...now im a titans suporter

Casey's Angel27
22-11-06, 04:18 PM
Just had a look and was going to join up ages ago... then forgot about it.

Couple of weeks ago decided to join up again and did so... now here i am!

now you all are Stuck with me:D

bondititan
23-11-06, 08:07 AM
gee and how lucky are we you joined :clap:
i found as i'm a old gold coast supporter and well i haven't had ateam for eight years now i have one

Sonny-Skill
23-11-06, 03:21 PM
Word

Chelle79
28-11-06, 02:09 PM
Through the website

Sonny-Skill
28-11-06, 04:17 PM
Through the website
Which Website?

A.A.D
28-11-06, 04:49 PM
I was told about this forum by a current member, Hodges.

YoyoPop
30-11-06, 11:20 AM
I was just looking on the Titans site and found these forums. also people have mentioned them on RL2.com forums.

Dave
30-11-06, 11:22 AM
I was just looking on the Titans site and found these forums. also people have mentioned them on RL2.com forums.

Yeah me too. Good old rl2.com....

YoyoPop
30-11-06, 11:30 AM
Yeah me too. Good old rl2.com....

Half of Rl2.com will be on here soon.

Dave
30-11-06, 11:44 AM
Half of Rl2.com will be on here soon.

Only because this place has sigs lol.

YoyoPop
02-12-06, 05:03 PM
Only because this place has sigs lol.

Yeah its cool with sigs, i take back what i siad about them being annoying.:D

Williams
02-12-06, 05:58 PM
I was just driving down (in my little holden astra) main street of the internet sites and come across a nice fellow on the corner of nrl.com and nrlrant.com and they informed me about this place.

W.I.L.T
18-12-06, 01:01 PM
Was looking for a new forum site, this showed up when my friend sent me a link about Preston Campbell that didn't work, then my computer searched for things similar to that link and this showed up. Feel good story of the year.
I had completely forgotten that. It really is the feel good story of the year.

dee13
26-12-06, 09:09 PM
I got no idea about computers.

I think I just stumbled on it by pressing buttons and wondering what happened when I did. My girlfriend hates it when I use the computer because she usually ends up as my frustrated Tech support.

Im addicted to the Titans web site and now I have to look at the forum every few hours just in case I miss something.

Williams
04-01-07, 02:58 PM
I got no idea about computers.

I think I just stumbled on it by pressing buttons and wondering what happened when I did. My girlfriend hates it when I use the computer because she usually ends up as my frustrated Tech support.

Im addicted to the Titans web site and now I have to look at the forum every few hours just in case I miss something.
Lol, your a great poster here buddy ;)

dee13
04-01-07, 07:26 PM
Lol, your a great poster here buddy ;)
I hope I fit in an more importantly entertain. I do my best work when Im under the influence of alcohol.

I will continue to inform and try to become an asset to this forum.

All the best dude and cheers

Future Star
04-01-07, 10:22 PM
I just was looking at the club websites one day, and saw a forum so i was like 'cool - a forum..' and i signed up straight away.

Ryan
04-01-07, 10:24 PM
I just was looking at the club websites one day, and saw a forum so i was like 'cool - a forum..' and i signed up straight away.
Sames

Williams
05-01-07, 02:52 AM
I hope I fit in an more importantly entertain. I do my best work when Im under the influence of alcohol.

I will continue to inform and try to become an asset to this forum.

All the best dude and cheers
Lol, your post got edited! Haha
I wanna know what it said before that lol.
BTW, we have our next mod here if you keep of the booze :p

Capital_Shark
05-01-07, 03:00 AM
Lol, your post got edited! Haha
I wanna know what it said before that lol.
BTW, we have our next mod here if you keep of the booze :p

LOL me too, I reckon it woulda been a laugh, whatever he said.

But if he stays off the booze, he'll probably become more docile and boring. Bit like me tbh. Keep up the good work dee!

dee13
05-01-07, 10:09 AM
IM UP DUDES, I FEEL AWESOME. Im not normally like this, its just that I wanna make the most of my 5 weeks off.

My son is visiting from Sydney for the first time since turning 18 and we are partying together like mates. I always said I wanted to go clubing with him cos I thought I would be still young enough when he turned 18. Its pretty cool.

Kingaroy Redant
21-01-07, 08:47 PM
Referred by Coaster via BHQ

HighTitan
24-02-07, 11:37 PM
Was visiting the Titans website and came across the forum, What a great decision I made to join.

sargent
04-03-07, 10:18 PM
Off another tigers fan crouching_tiger

Sideline Eye
04-03-07, 10:45 PM
I can't exactly remember, i think a friend mentioned he was a member so i decided to take a look.
I totally agree with your signature "Australia the greatest sporting nation of all".

PROMETHEUS
21-07-07, 10:39 PM
Obsessively trawled the internet for any scraps of info on the Titans and found myself here!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Promiscuous_Girl
18-09-07, 07:55 PM
Browsing the website looking for pictures of Scotty Prince :?)

wakefield wildcat
23-10-07, 05:32 AM
I found the Titans through Google:)

DIEHARD
23-10-07, 09:24 AM
I found the Titans through Google:)

Hey Wakefield Wildcat. Great to see some more British rugby league fans. Trinity are definitely one of my favourite clubs from over there.

hugebrianfan
23-10-07, 12:45 PM
I found my way to the forum by typing in gold coast titans in google..
i came here because i foud out that the titans was a new club entering the nrl & yeah i also came here because this is the club that brian carney went to.

But yeah, i love this forum..

Social Loafer
24-10-07, 03:12 PM
I'm actually a spam bot that spreads propaganda throughout the forum.
Go Canberra
Sometimes in the subliminal form.

jenny
26-10-07, 01:18 PM

And another female member :woot: Welcome PG :clap:

DIEHARD
26-10-07, 02:12 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Promiscuous_Girl
10-12-07, 05:22 PM
And another female member :woot: Welcome PG :clap:

Thank-you :)
But I don't really come here much. I don't really know much about football :der:

Promiscuous_Girl
10-12-07, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Are you the boss?

Ryan
10-12-07, 05:43 PM
....... I don't really know much about football :der:

Neither do I, but it doesn't stop me from putting in my 2 cents :D

It's the off-season anyway, most of the talk around here will be useless gossip with the occasional ****fight. Being a teenage girl fresh out of high-school I'm sure you'll have something to contribute in that respect :p

BTW, I'm the forum ***hole so don't take what I say too seriously ;)

So Welcome, and stick around we need more chicks. Love the avatar too :)

Capital_Shark
10-12-07, 05:48 PM
Someone left the gate open and Ryan got back in lol

WB champ.

Ryan
10-12-07, 05:51 PM
Someone left the gate open and Ryan got back in lol

WB champ.

:laugh: Yeh, thanks.

Could probably start a new thread "How did you make you way out of the forum?"
- refered by another member.....

Hoppy2007Dragons
10-12-07, 10:41 PM
The off season just got a whole lot better.

(the long awaited return of ryan, has really got hoppys engine running :p )

Capital_Shark
10-12-07, 11:01 PM
Could probably start a new thread "How did you make you way out of the forum?"
- refered by another member.....

:rolf: Ahhh.. its funny, cause its true.

jenny
11-12-07, 06:47 PM
Welcome back Ryan :clap:
How you been???:rolleyes:

jenny
11-12-07, 06:48 PM
Just noticed your sig :mad:
Luke is a mighty man:woot: :woot:

jenny
11-12-07, 06:49 PM
But I don't really come here much. I don't really know much about football :der:

PG you dont have to..I dont either :p But another female here is very much appreciated....Too much testosterone :rolleyes:

skygirl
09-03-08, 04:20 PM
i met some members through work :D and they showed me the way here!

skua
13-04-08, 05:35 PM
well when the titans first kicked off their season last year, and i made the change to a titans fan i came to this site before their first season and saw the forums, then i decided to look around and see if i wanted to take part and now im a proud member on the titans forum

merk51
25-04-08, 11:15 AM
Always been a Titan fan and always meant to sign up here just never had the time :D

Country_Titan
29-06-08, 09:26 PM
dee13 is my father in law and i love dem titans!

goldcoastitans
30-06-08, 10:45 AM
i joined at the beginning when the forum first started ..then forgot my login and password ...so i had to make a new one :)

titanstattman
30-06-08, 02:25 PM
i joined at the beginning when the forum first started ..then forgot my login and password ...so i had to make a new one :)

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

thelwall
28-11-10, 12:57 PM
i googled looking for it ...because my mate is a para fan and he is always going on about one eyed eel so i decided to have a look for ours

DIEHARD
28-11-10, 02:02 PM
i googled looking for it ...because my mate is a para fan and he is always going on about one eyed eel so i decided to have a look for ours

Welcome to the Titans Forum thelwall!

One Eyed Eel website and the Swarm group IMO do a great job for Parra and Rugby League.

You'll find many great things here. Including info on The Legion and Southern Legion supporters groups.

Where do you live mate?

Titanic
28-01-11, 10:38 PM
Coaster who plays with me in the Titans F7's team pointed the way ... don't get on here often enough but keeps me up to date as a disenfranchised Coastie living in China.

DIEHARD
29-01-11, 01:32 AM
Really love having you on here Titanic. You are a first class fan, so the place would be lesser without you mate.

Titanic
07-02-11, 01:14 AM
Thanks DH - distance has its moments ;-) ... my 5 year old son RJ was being teased by a Knights fan here in China recently with a "Titans are bu hao" (no good) and his response was to punch the guy right in the Jatz ... like father like son.

TitansVic
07-08-11, 02:10 PM
Never really used forums much but saw this and finally decided to join. hi everyone!

DIEHARD
12-08-11, 03:35 PM
Never really used forums much but saw this and finally decided to join. hi everyone!

Welcome aboard mate. :thumbsup: I love keeping in touch and meeting Titans fans. It is the bedrock of the club.

If anymore lurkers are out there.... cooommmeee onnnn... SIGN UP :laugh:

kimcasablancas
29-09-11, 10:37 PM
Google!

Glad to be here...hi, by the way :)

Titanic
02-10-11, 12:39 PM
Forums ... the canvas where the silent majority are granted artistic licence to express themselves :-)

GOLDHAMMER
13-12-12, 07:16 PM
Actually used to be PROMETHEUS but have re-signed under a new name..glad to be back :banana: