PDA

View Full Version : Prince called in to Maroons Origin Camp

Rage
06-06-08, 04:50 PM
Prince called in to Maroons Origin camp
AAP
Scott Prince has been called in to the Queensland rugby league State of Origin camp following an injury scare to Johnathan Thurston.

News Ltd websites report Test halfback Thurston may have a groin strain suffered at training on Thursday night but is expected to be fit to play when Queensland attempts to level the series in the second Origin match at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday.

Prince was to train with the side at Sanctuary Cove on the Gold Coast on Friday afternoon as a precaution.

"We expect Johnathan will be fine for the game but I've been advised by team management that they would like to bring Scott Prince in as cover at least for this afternoon's session," QRL managing director Ross Livermore said.
Posted:Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:58:29

Rage
06-06-08, 04:51 PM
there's also another article that he might replace Lockyer if he doesn't pull up even if Thurston is fine

Titan Dave
06-06-08, 05:08 PM
he better not be just put in there just incase and miss the titans game for nothing.. hope he gets a spot in the squad but then again id like to see him play for the titans more :P haha

patskE
06-06-08, 05:28 PM
man
couldnt they wait till tuesday?

C-Whiz
06-06-08, 05:41 PM
This would suck a$$ if he doesn't get a start in Origin and misses the Storm game!

Why they would even consider playing broken down second rate players like Thurston and Lockyer over Scott Prince is beyond me. :doh:

Just tell him he's got the gig, tell Thurtson to focus on getting back some form, tell Locky to rest his bung knee and tell the Qld forwards to muscle up and get involved this game. Problem sorted. :thumbsup:

Prince is Qld's best Halfback!

bigjim
06-06-08, 06:49 PM
If he doesn't get the run he has worked for and surely deserves, and misses our game against the Storm, I will be really peeved.

Lockyer is on one leg. I don't care how good he is, he is not up to playing Origin at the moment. And as far as Thurston is concerned, he's way off form. Selectors should take a realty check and give Prince his rightful opportunity.:thumbsup:

jenwood
06-06-08, 06:56 PM
This would suck a$$ if he doesn't get a start in Origin and misses the Storm game!

Why they would even consider playing broken down second rate players like Thurston and Lockyer over Scott Prince is beyond me. :doh:

Just tell him he's got the gig, tell Thurtson to focus on getting back some form, tell Locky to rest his bung knee and tell the Qld forwards to muscle up and get involved this game. Problem sorted. :thumbsup:

Prince is Qld's best Halfback!

Well said !!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

BringBackWillie
07-06-08, 10:52 AM
Was delighted to hear about this yesterday!!! It's about time!

Having said that, it would be a shame if he doesn't get a run for Queensland and also have to miss the Titans game. Queensland shouldn't take the risk with Thursto who is not only not 100% fit but not in form!!!

Go Scotty Prince!

Supergoose
07-06-08, 09:45 PM
I don't think there is much chance of Prince missing both the Storm game and the Origin. There will be a decision made one way or the other by Monday.

TitansFan
07-06-08, 09:53 PM
I heard a report that said they will make a decision before Monday night, so if Prince isn't allowed to play for the Titans he will definitely play for Queensland.

patskE
08-06-08, 05:40 PM
prince is playing!
lockyer is out!

C-Whiz
08-06-08, 07:02 PM
I can't believe it takes Lockyer to admit he is not up to scratch before the selectors, team officials, medical and coaching staff etc will finally admit and accept it and then 3 nights before the game kicks off, actually appoint Scott Prince as the Halfback.

If Qld do lose, it's nothing to do with the team. This would be the series that was lost because the selectors have their heads stuck firmly in their own ar$$e$.

Dragons
08-06-08, 07:16 PM
Three... Nil... Three... Nil ...Three ...Nil

C-Whiz
08-06-08, 07:20 PM
Three... Nil... Three... Nil ...Three ...Nil
Hey, we've got game 2 sewn up buddy! I just mean if they are thinking of picking Lockyer for game number 3 we might struggle! With Prince in we've got a good 12 point start. :thumbsup:

Now, pull your head in and get your away ticket sorted out for next week at the Colosseum! ;)

bigjim
09-06-08, 11:36 PM
Now we have the two points against the Storm, I can be really happy for Prince's selection in the Queensland team.

Prince, give the Roaches hell and prove once and forall you are the best man for the job and should have always been there.

Looking forward to seeing him running on to the pitch.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

patskE
11-06-08, 10:09 PM
prince played well, was solid, really did nothing till the 2nd half i think
harrison was great, he was everywhere, lucky we got the bye casue he would be tired assssssss
laffranci was quiet

kwigibo
11-06-08, 10:21 PM
prince played well, was solid, really did nothing till the 2nd half i think
harrison was great, he was everywhere, lucky we got the bye casue he would be tired assssssss
laffranci was quiet

None of them were hurt and QLD won, what can a person complain about?

eelectrica
11-06-08, 10:22 PM
Well done Scotty. He was quiet in the 1st half, but I think his presence allowed Thurston the latitude to cut loose.
Thurston played his best game all year and I don't think it a coincidence that he had a playmaker like Prince with him.

patskE
11-06-08, 11:03 PM
one of em on the loosing side i guess hehe

Blunt_Beno
13-06-08, 10:02 AM
who was playing halfback? i mean i know prince had the 7 on, but it looked to me that thurston was, he was first reciever, he fed the scrums. but either way it worked haha.