PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Titans in Call To Arms against Tigers

DIEHARD
23-05-08, 04:11 PM
Jetstar Titans in Call To Arms against Tigers

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have answered the Call To Arms and will wear yellow armbands in Sunday?s match against the Wests Tigers in an attempt to raise funds and awareness of men?s cancers.

With one in two men diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85, the Cancer Council is calling on sportsmen to fight back against the disease by joining forces as part of the Call To Arms campaign.

As a result, both the Jetstar Titans and Tigers will strap on yellow armbands during Sunday?s clash at Leichardt Oval, which will be televised on Channel Nine.

Jetstar Titans forwards Mark Minichiello and Clint Amos have both had family members confronted with the disease.

Minichiello?s partner Milena Angelucci is also a radiation therapist at John Flynn Private Hospital.

?My uncle has had cancer twice and has beaten it twice,??? said Minichiello.

?He had testicular cancer and then lymphatic cancer the second time.

?It was very tough on him. He had three kids under the age of three when he first got diagnosed.

?It was a pretty tough time in their life and he battled it for a couple of years.

?He?s come out the other side which is good but a lot of people don?t so that?s why we?ve got to raise the awareness.??

Amos? grandparents have also been confronted with the disease and he said it was important to spread the message about men?s cancer.

?My grandparents have battled through it,?? said Amos.

?When they are going through it, It makes you count every cherished moment.??

Every dollar raised through the Call To Arms campaign will help prevent, detect, and treat cancers in men, as well as support men during their times of greatest need.

For more information visit http://www.calltoarms.com.au or call 1300 656585.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au/

DIEHARD
23-05-08, 04:14 PM
Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans

Leichhardt Oval, Sunday, 25th May, 3pm. Come to the Inaugural NRL Call to Arms match and watch the Wests Tigers taken on the Gold Coast Titans and they take up the fight against cancer and against each other. There will be lots of fun and activities and you can get your arm taped like the professional players and make your stand against cancer. This game also celebrates Todd Payten's 200th game so come be part of all the festivities and watch Tigers and Titans battle it out.

Source: http://www.calltoarms.com.au/

As soon as I heard about this concept I thought it was fantastic. A fantastic tool in the aide of cancer and awareness focusing on men, who are often fotgotten and far less likely to get themselves checked out.

Football teams are the perfect way to reach them.

The second thing I thought was, I hope the Titans are on board and we are!

I hope to see the Southern Legion with their yellow arm bands! :thumbsup:

GCT_89
23-05-08, 04:15 PM
like mini's biceps arent big enough,

the pic is huuuuuuge!..........

nice to see them raising awareness.....

titanstattman
24-05-08, 10:54 AM
To me wen u see (the fans) a big foorty team like titans and ect.. doing sumthing like this it really dose help to get the fans involed aswell

Paul
24-05-08, 01:37 PM
I think it's a great cause. You never hear about mens cancer awareness

Good on you Titans