PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Ad Launched!

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 02:36 PM
http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/worldcup/
Just launched today at the Opera House.

Enjoy!

(P.S Mods, I posted this in the general rugby league section so it gets a bit more air play.)

goldcoastitans
06-05-08, 02:46 PM
i cannot wait to go to the games .....are we all gonna go down and watch all the Skilled games?? i think we should get the drums and support the underdogs :D

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 02:53 PM
RLWC08 commercial is launched!

The Sydney Opera House has opened its doors to the 2008 Rugby League World Cup and one of the biggest names of the Australian music scene for the launch of a spectacular Heroes 08 advertising campaign.

The campaign, which has been six months in the making, brings together players from the 10 World Cup nations in a way that underlines the national pride and determination that will be a feature of the first Rugby League World Cup tournament in Australia in 31 years.

Natalie Bassingthwaighte, whose Rogue Traders burst into the big time as they performed at the 2005 NRL Grand Final, has produced a stunning Australian version of the Mariah Carey classic Hero, which will be a feature of World Cup advertising and promotion.

Natalie has already signed on to perform the song live at the World Cup Opening Ceremony at the Sydney Football Stadium on October 26.

Filming for the commercial began in Leeds during the world-wide ticketing launch for the event in November 2007.

Advertising agency MJW, utilising the services of celebrity photographer Garry Heery and production company Engine, combined the latest digital animation with a dark and determined set that highlighted the passion players feel in representing their country on the international stage.

Even during the filming of the commercial, the sense of opportunity that all players see in testing themselves on the world stage later this year came through.

Some were inspired by the opportunity to change Rugby League?s world order, others by the pressure of maintaining international reputations ? but for everyone there was a belief in the importance of the Rugby League World Cup to their country.

Rugby League World Cup Tournament Director and Rugby League International Federation Chairman, Mr Colin Love AM, said the commercial reflects an exciting new chapter in the international game.

?The creative direction of the commercial underlines the fact that the international game and this tournament in particular brings out the best in every player,? Mr Love said.

?But more than that, the players are revered off the field as heroes to family friends and countrymen even before the first whistle blows.

?The World Cup will bring many names to the spotlight and we will see some players in a totally new light as they rise to the challenge of the international game.

?The 10 players in the Heroes campaign symbolise the many heroes we will witness in Australia between October 25 and November 22 this year.?

Tickets for the 2008 Rugby League World Cup are on sale now at all Ticketek agencies.

The Heroes campaign features Mark Gasnier (Australia), Roy Asotasi (New Zealand), Rob Burrow (England), Keith Peters (PNG), Waisale Suka (Fiji), Nigel Vagana (Samoa), Jerome Guisset (France), Lee Paterson (Scotland), Stuart Littler (Ireland) and Lopini Paea (Tonga).

Source: http//:nrl.com

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 02:54 PM
i cannot wait to go to the games .....are we all gonna go down and watch all the Skilled games?? i think we should get the drums and support the underdogs :D

Yes! I really want Titans fans to get behind the games at Skilled. Support the international game, the World Cup and make us all look like the best rugby league fans in the world.

I say we all go for PNG against New Zealand! :thumbsup:

Hoppy2007Dragons
06-05-08, 04:45 PM
This is probably a bit early to ask, but who has television rights for the games, is it nine or foxsports or both and will they be playing all matches, or just the australian ones, i'm def gonna get tickets to some suncorp games, but i'm really interested in following other countries and seeign the wide reachign talents from around the globe.

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 05:56 PM
This is probably a bit early to ask, but who has television rights for the games, is it nine or foxsports or both and will they be playing all matches, or just the australian ones, i'm def gonna get tickets to some suncorp games, but i'm really interested in following other countries and seeign the wide reachign talents from around the globe.

Now this is the type of rugby league fan I love! We need more of you Hoppy!

I suggest you don't delay in getting tickets for the World Cup Final at Lang Park and also the Semi.

I'm looking at getting to as many matches as physically possible. The only thing holding me back is games scheduled on the same day 1000kms apart.

The World Cup will be a success, I'm certain. But the bigger success it is the better, the more money in the bank for the RLIF to develope rugby league world wide!

But the best outcome would be rugby league fans turning out on force, showing that their is an appetite for international footy.

Personally I can't wait to see France play! And PNG!

NINE has the rights to a lot of the feature games. Fox Sports will cover the remaining matches.

Also before the AUS v NZ game in Sydney on opening night, there will be a special Aboriginal vs Maori match! A mouth watering match to look forward to. I watch the Barefoot Rugby League Show on NITV and they are really keyed up for this match and constantly talk about who will make the team. (Drawn from players who don't make the Kangaroos World Cup squad.)

Hoppy2007Dragons
06-05-08, 07:13 PM
HAHA, i knew u would repley Diehard and know, i was almost gonna shoot you a email but thought i might post as a lot of people might be interested, i'll def try to get tickets to the semis in brissy and try to organise tickets/transport etc to a game at skilled.

But i will def be watching lots of rugby league and getting excited watching the form countries of the world.

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 07:21 PM
I'm an international rugby league tragic. The 1995 and 2000 World Cups were sweet memories for me and I'm spewing that I have had to wait 8 years for the next World Cup.

It'll do our game a lot of good to have the World Cup back on a 4-5 year rotation. We have to give the other nations, especially those building up, something to aim for. It helps with recruiting and retaining players, attracting fans and securing sponsors.

Wait till we approach the World Cup, my pro-international rugby league attitude will go into over drive. Next thing I'll be walking around with a sandwich board advertising ticket details.

Timmy Titans
06-05-08, 09:12 PM
It didn't really do anything for me

However it does say what you need to have ni you if you want to lift the trophy at suncorp

Determination was one i think

daveyk
06-05-08, 11:11 PM

i am heaps keen to go to the games @ SKILLED, after all its OUR stadium and we should be there leading the crowd....

you think we should get tickets for section 30???