PDA

View Full Version : Cartwright named Kangaroos assistant coach

Timmy Titans
05-05-08, 08:07 PM
Cartwright named Kangaroos' assistant

May 05, 2008

GOLD Coast Titans head coach John Cartwright has been named assistant coach for Australia ahead of Friday night's Test match against New Zealand.

Cartwright has joined the Kangaroos in camp this week to assist head coach Ricky Stuart with preparations ahead of the one-off Test match at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

It is another feather in Cartwright?s cap after he was previously selected as assistant coach for the New South Wales State of Origin and City Origin representative sides. He was also head coach for the USA Tomahawks.

Since commencing his NRL coaching career in the Titans? inaugural year last season, Cartwright has achieved a 50 per cent success rate having guided the Gold Coast to 16 wins from 32 matches.

Gold Coast managing director Michael Searle said the appointment was a significant reward for all of Cartwright?s hard work.

?I think John?s appointment highlights not only what we already know about his prowess but what the football fraternity thinks of his ability,? said Searle.

?To be involved at that level is a real thrill for him in rugby league?s centenary year.

?The club always encourages our players and coaching staff to achieve the highest level of representative status.

?This is a personal reward for John and his efforts since becoming a fulltime coach.

?Clearly he is highly regarded in the rugby league community and it?s my belief that he will one day go on to coach Australia.?

Cartwright, who played 18 Tests for Australia during his playing career between 1990 and 1992, is contracted to the Titans until the end of the 2012 season.

Timmy Titans
05-05-08, 08:08 PM
Great to see the titans are finally getting some of the respect they deserve in this world

Instead of everyone predicting they will come last

Well done to John

Tramendous effort

TITAN PETE
05-05-08, 08:31 PM
It's great to see JC receive the acolations he deserves it's just a shame a couple of our players haven't got the same Respect :nope:

titanstattman
05-05-08, 09:12 PM
It's great to see JC receive the acolations he deserves it's just a shame a couple of our players haven't got the same Respect :nope:

Soooooooooooo tureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:fight:

Tamwelg
05-05-08, 11:16 PM
Congrats to Carty.

craigyd
06-05-08, 12:55 PM
As the Aus selection committee are obviously blind its great too see that someone has seen the light and given someone there due when they have deserved it,well done to JC,maybe he should stand over someone and say the word Laffranchi over and over again until someone in the committee sees what everyone else is seeing,Laffranchi beeing the best forward in the game at present.

TitansFan
06-05-08, 01:32 PM
A great honour for Carty. Congratulations to him:thumbsup:

goldcoastitans
06-05-08, 02:49 PM
Congrats to the great man ...he is gonna do a fine JOB!

DIEHARD
06-05-08, 03:13 PM
Finally some great news about Test football for Titans fans!

A well deserved appointment for John. Great to see his coaching prowess be recognised!

I'm delighted to finally have some Titans influence in the Kangaroos. :thumbsup:

Cowboy Titan
06-05-08, 04:04 PM
It's great news for JC but isn't it a bit strange to be naming the assistant coach 4 days before the game? I would have thought this would be decided long ago.

Timmy Titans
06-05-08, 04:25 PM
I also read in todays newspaper that greg inglis would be abit more likely to be recieve the other halves spot after thurston for the queensland team

What a load of garbage that prince might not make the team