PDA

View Full Version : Matt Petersen Quits Titans

Steve
04-05-08, 12:49 PM
On the GC Bulletin site...

THE Gold Coast Titans' leading try-scorer Matt Petersen has quit the club effective immediately.

Petersen played his last match for the Gold Coast in their 13-12 loss to Newcastle last night and will join English Super League outfit Wakefield on a deal that will take him through until the end of the 2010 season.

The man affectionately known as Sideshow Bob for his distinctive hairstyle is expected to turn out for his new club before the end of the month.

Titans managing director Michael Searle said the club had been undecided about whether to offer Petersen a contract beyond the end of this season and believed it would have been unfair on the popular winger not to grant him a release.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2008/05/04/10721_gold-coast-titans.html

Steve
04-05-08, 12:51 PM
This is a huge shock.

After reading that Walker probably won't get to play first grade thi year with all the back line talent. Well... an opportunity has just opened up.

dee13
04-05-08, 01:16 PM
:jawdrop:

This is the reason why I don't watch and don't care for English Rugby League. They don't have enough talent to fill full teams so they poach our talent. *edit* YOU Super league!!!!!!!!!!!!

patskE
04-05-08, 02:02 PM
Titans release Petersen

May 04, 2008

WINGER Matt Petersen has been granted an immediate release from the Gold Coast Titans to sign a two-and-a-half year deal with UK Super League club Wakefield.
Petersen, who was due to come off contract at the end of the season, played his final NRL game for the Titans against Newcastle on Saturday night and will play out the year with Wakefield.

Titans managing director Michael Searle said the club did not want to stand in the way of Petersen taking up an "outstanding" overseas deal.

"Matty has been fantastic for the club," Searle said of the former Parramatta Eel.

"His passion and commitment both on and of the field have been outstanding.

"It was a difficult decision for the club to let him go but, given we were uncertain about what would happen next year, it would be unfair on him and his family to drag this out.

"He's secured an outstanding deal in the United Kingdom and it would have been difficult for us not to accept his request.

"We've done this in good faith to Matt and his family.''

Petersen said the offer, which was first raised only a week ago, was too good to turn down.

"It just came about in the last seven days. It took me by surprise too, but I've had a great time here and (the Gold Coast) is where I'll come back to live afterwards," Petersen said.

"It's a two-and-a-half year deal so I've got to take it while I still can.

"At the end of the day I've got to look after the family.

"It's a new challenge ahead and it's exiting."

Searle said the 28-year-old may be welcomed back to the club in a non-playing capacity in the future.

foxsports

patskE
04-05-08, 02:04 PM
wow
didnt see that coming :S
bowen on the wing most likey
when atkins back?

BING103
04-05-08, 02:08 PM
Why? Why? Why?

The Titans are on top of the ladder, its ludicris.

He obviously has no loyalty to them. You dont just leave.

GCT_89
04-05-08, 02:09 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

:banghead:
i cant believe this........i am so disappointed.......

:chair:

*edit* SUPER LEAGUE

Paul
04-05-08, 02:24 PM
well, that just ruined my sunday

amaline
04-05-08, 02:35 PM
Hmm. A couple of weeks ago an interview in the paper said he was playing for another contract with the Titans and he wanted to have a good year this year. So much for contracts meaning anything hey. Oh well, I hope this means we have some available funds for players who plan on sticking around.

patskE
04-05-08, 02:45 PM
reminds me of mathers
reports said he wanted to quit
but he came out saying he will stay
then he goes
wow u cant turst anyone
yeh amaline i remember that one aswell
pretty dog
clubs need to step uo tbh, its getting to be a joke, for every club, with player leaveing n stuff

peterson great player n stuff
but just lost all respect for him

Timmy Titans
04-05-08, 02:51 PM
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

What the hell man!!!!!!

As paul said a graet sunday ruined by the super league

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

He was one of my favourite players

I'm so sad

amaline
04-05-08, 02:51 PM
Hopefully there is some benefit in us letting him go early. Also, Atkins will be back soon and Bowen should get a spot too. It's just disapointing for it to happen mid-season.

patskE
04-05-08, 03:13 PM
yeh but tbh aktins dont have that spark

amaline
04-05-08, 03:24 PM
Yeah it's not a good thing at all, but with Atkins, Bowen, Campbell, Jeffery, Zillman, Walker (hopefully Chris as well as Shannon) for next year, there wasn't any point in keeping everyone. I wouldn't mind seeing Tim Smith joining the Titans next year too.

hully gully
04-05-08, 03:34 PM
good luck to him he will need it over there,playing in the cold every knock hurts like hell,he took the money hope he's ready for the culture shock....

DIEHARD
04-05-08, 03:44 PM
I'm shocked. Talk about ruining a Sunday, this has ruined my month!

He has been so fantastic for the Titans last year and this year coming back from injury. But also a great clubman off the field. I wouldn't have traded him for any other winger.

I guess with all the backs we have on our books, Matt wasn't in our plans for 2009, or if he was we couldn't offer him something to compete with Super League money.

Please don't hate on Matt, remember him as a fantastic Titan. It's a damn shame this happened like that. On the scale of things it isnt too good, because its a hard way to lose a player. Usually if he signed elsewhere we'd have the rest of the season to farewell him...

Gee he is going to be a big loss to the Titans.

Timmy Titans
04-05-08, 03:48 PM
And i think he is the all time leading titans try scorer :)

eelectrica
04-05-08, 03:57 PM
Bugger, Very shocked at this news. I figured he would have been around to at leat see out the rest of the season. I mean he's still a first grade player.

At least we have the bye week to come up with another winger, back line depth is going to be tested in the weeks ahead though.

Capital_Shark
04-05-08, 03:58 PM
Not a massive loss. I don't think you've gotta be anything too special to score a motza of tries playing on the Titans right edge. Watching the Titans U20's yesterday I don't think he'll be too hard to replace.

DIEHARD
04-05-08, 04:00 PM
I really don't want to see people having a go at Matt's loyalty. Obviously he was stuck between a rock and a hard place, like many players. There is only so much money and he would be looking at a significant contract to wind up his career.

Wakefield have got themselves a fantastic footballer, he'll kill it in the UK!

amaline
04-05-08, 04:09 PM
I really don't want to see people having a go at Matt's loyalty.

It'll come up. It probably has less to do with his loyalty and more the shock of it happening mid-season, seemingly out of nowhere (the day after a one point loss doesn't help). But these things happen. If it happened last year it would have been a bigger deal.

Wakefield have got themselves a fantastic footballer, he'll kill it in the UK!
Yep and I hope he plays as well for them as he has for us.

Steve
04-05-08, 04:20 PM
I'm disappointed, but as pointed out, we've got plenty of strike power out wide. Forgetting Atkins and Bowen, there's Walker and if anyone watched the under 20s, Rapana absolutely tore them up.

I really don't think his loyalty comes into it here. Who's to say he was getting a contract next year? Certainly the Titans weren't saying it was happening.

TITAN FOREVER
04-05-08, 04:27 PM
Best of Luck Matt, take your chances when they come, lifes too short for hesitation.

You have been a wonderful contribution to the building of the Team.

DIEHARD
04-05-08, 04:32 PM
I really don't think his loyalty comes into it here. Who's to say he was getting a contract next year? Certainly the Titans weren't saying it was happening.

Well as Michael said in the article, they released him in good faith.

Matt also went on to say that he would like to return to the Gold Coast to settle and "Searle said the 28-year-old may be welcomed back to the club in a non-playing capacity in the future."

Both to me point to the fact that he is a great bloke and loves the club/the Gold Coast.

It looks like he wasn't going to get a contract next year, but releasing him might have helped him gain a better one elsewhere.

Over all I believe his loss weakens the Titans. But as Steve says we do have depth in the department.

amaline
04-05-08, 05:02 PM
and if anyone watched the under 20s, Rapana absolutely tore them up.

I watched that game. Very impressed with Rapana and Lawton. Got some good players coming through.

Paul
04-05-08, 05:27 PM
Rapana is absolute quality. Walker gets all the praise but I'd have Rapana in the team before Shannon

Supergoose
04-05-08, 05:37 PM
Huge surprise and huge loss for the Titans. Sideshow is a quality winger who makes few mistakes and finishes strongly. No matter who we get to replace him they won't be all-round as good. Lets hope Bowen can make the most of his pending opportunity - I also get the feeling Jeffrey will be dropped in the next few weeks if he doesn't lift - he got smashed against Newcastle!

amaline
04-05-08, 05:38 PM
Just out of interest, does anyone know how salary cap works when a player gets released from a contract?

kwigibo
04-05-08, 05:50 PM
Rapana is absolute quality. Walker gets all the praise but I'd have Rapana in the team before Shannon

I'd like to see both Walkers and both Jordans in the same game. Defense would be a worry but they'd score a lot of tries.

jenwood
04-05-08, 07:18 PM
Thats a bit harsh! He has a family to look after now-good on him taking an opportunity when it arose and good on Titans management for making it easy for him!Good luck over there Sideshow- rip into those poms!

~lee~
04-05-08, 08:18 PM
Was surprised to see him go, especially mid-season. By the way Wakey played yesterday im not sure they even needed him.

TitansFan
04-05-08, 08:27 PM
This news comes as such a shock. For all of you who say he hasn't been loyal... what crap.
His loyalty and commitment during his 21 appearances in Titans colours can't be questioned. He's a professional footballer and he has a right to decide what direction his future takes. The Titans obviously weren't able to match his offer from the UK.
I'd like to say thanks for the memories and good luck to Sideshow:thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
04-05-08, 08:33 PM
I'm as shocked as everyone else here is but i can tell you all that None of the players new Anything about this lastnight :nope:

I was at the hotel where the team stayed & we were all having a beer & Sideshow was happy to talk about the match & nobody had any idea what was going on apart from i say Searle & maybe Carty but he wasn't letting the cat out of the bag he was just little pissed off with the result :mad:

I spoke to Searle at the hotel after the match but he couldn't stay for a beer because he had to take an early flight home so i guess we all no why:(

The team had a meeting in the hotel & there was many Shocked faces walking out of the room.

On a brighter note Sideshow has had a fantastic short career with the Titans so to Matt :salute:

Brenton Bowen walks into the side but as Steve said & i had said last week look out for Rapana he is a star & a far better Fullback & Player than Walker :fist:

GCT_89
04-05-08, 08:44 PM
NRL "CONTRACTS"..................Just as useful as the NRL "SCRUM".............

yea this decision has ruined my sundday, my weekend, my week and month.......so dissapointed right now.....................

daveyk
04-05-08, 08:55 PM
i am totally stunned by this... am still trying to pick my jaw up from the basment.... but at the same time, matty is a wikid player and i do wish him all the best...

C-Whiz
04-05-08, 08:57 PM
Whislt VERY dissapointing from a Titans fans perspective, it sounds like Matt and the club have come to a mutual agreement, and it's good to see them be able to respect each other enough not to drag it out.

It is a HUGE shock, and he will be missed, but good luck to him over there. I just hope it doesn't haunt him too much when he realises he missed his chance to be in a premiership winning team.

mikeyba
04-05-08, 08:58 PM
yer ..huge loss to the team .. i thinks..

but from Matt's point of view I would be doing the exact same thing.. from all reports his contract didnt look like it was getting renewed.. and with a new baby.. he is securing his income for the next few years... go sideshow!!

mr jemo
04-05-08, 09:19 PM
Unlucky that sideshows leaving i know im a bit dissapointed but him leaving opens up another opportunity for some young fella maybe cartys got another few gun players up his sleeve that the majority of us dont know to much prime example Jordan atkins best of luck to ya sideshow nd ur family thanks for the memories

DIEHARD
04-05-08, 09:22 PM
Newsflash, this was posted hours ago earlier in the day. Please read the forum topics before starting a new discussion thread. (It was just one topic down.)

Thread merged with original topic.

patskE
04-05-08, 10:05 PM
yeh tbh rapana looks like a furture nrl player
walker is freakish but just takes it to casual i rkn

meter maid
04-05-08, 10:06 PM
Like everyone else I'm really shocked and disappointed by the news. I can't see that his departure is so soon that he couldn't have had his last game on home turf though. He would have got a rousing reception and send off. After all he is a crowd favourite.
In my opinion it's no surprise he was offered a contract elsewhere and accepted. If his contract here had been renewed by now and his immediate future secured he wouldn't have been looking in the first place. I say shame on you Titans management for dithering. The other wingers so far this year just don't have his flair so I hope this doesn;t come back to haunt them.

Chaos
04-05-08, 10:50 PM
This is a massive loss to the Titans 2008 campaign and I really have no idea what a contract is.
Why did we just let him go and not encourage him to stay?
Why didn't we sign him for future seasons?

If we have so many great wingers coming through...why is Jeffries playing wing in front of these guys everybody is rating so highly.
Jeffries played some good footy but is just not physical enough for the NRL...yet he's getting a run.

This ain't right...the game shouldn't be chopped around like this.
There's a lot of people putting bets on the game thinking these players are playing for the year...we can cop injuries but not different players because of short contracts.

Titans Rock
04-05-08, 11:15 PM
not good at all!

Darren Lockyer
05-05-08, 10:15 AM
reminds me of mathers
reports said he wanted to quit
but he came out saying he will stay
then he goes
wow u cant turst anyone
yeh amaline i remember that one aswell
pretty dog
clubs need to step uo tbh, its getting to be a joke, for every club, with player leaveing n stuff

peterson great player n stuff
but just lost all respect for him

No thats not fair to say that because the club said that they were undecided about signing him so it's a bad mistake on both parties. I am sure he didn't want to wait till the edn of the year to see if he got a contract when he could sign one and say see ya later.

DIEHARD
05-05-08, 11:58 AM
Sideshow set to be a main event in UK

TITANS cult hero Matt Petersen has played his last game for the Gold Coast.

The try scoring machine was sensationally granted a release on Saturday morning after he received a mammoth offer to play for Wakefield in the English Super League.

Petersen could leave the country as early as tomorrow and play his first match in Europe within a fortnight.

With a wealth of talented young backline players waiting in the wings, and Petersen injury prone, Titans officials were still a couple of months off determining if they would offer the exciting player another contract.

At most, it would probably have been for one year.

The English deal has sealed his future until the end of 2010.

With that in mind Titans managing director Michael Searle met with Petersen's management at the City-Country game on Friday night and in consultation with coach John Cartwright, the parties decided it was in the best interests not to hold the 28-year-old back.

The decision was formalised on Saturday morning before Petersen took the field against the Newcastle Knights.

"I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night if we didn't let him go," said Searle.

"It was a difficult decision for the club (to let him go) but given we were uncertain about what would happen next year, it would be unfair on him and his family to drag this out."

Just weeks ago Petersen played a starring role with a hat-trick of tries in the Titans' win over the Broncos in the southeast Queensland derby.

Petersen said the offer arose in the last seven days and took him by surprise. Despite not wanting to leave the Gold Coast, he said it was an offer too good to refuse.

"It's a two-and-a-half year deal so I've got to take it while I still can," said the man affectionately known as Sideshow Bob. "At the end of the day I've got to look after the family."

Petersen had previously hinted to The Gold Coast Bulletin he would not play for the club past his used by date.

"I always said that I didn't want to be some 29 or 30-year-old playing nine or 10 games a year.

"I go to training and I see young blokes like Jordan Atkins and Shannon Walker, so I don't want to stay around too long."

Petersen would have liked another year with the Titans but after several nibbles from Europe, Wakefield eventually delivered the king hit.

Cartwright agreed it would have been wrong not to let the cult figure leave the club.

"He got a good offer to secure his future, something that we couldn't offer," he said.

"Every club goes through it where a club in England offers something and it's very hard to knock back a deal, especially at this stage of his career. It was a decision that wasn't easy to make but it was probably best for him that he gets over there and earns a good dollar to get himself right for life outside of footy."

The West Australian-born winger has proven a revelation on the Gold Coast and a marketer's dream with his fuzzy hair earning him the tag 'Sideshow Bob' after The Simpsons' cartoon character.

Searle admitted it was a loss and there would be some shattered kids, admitting: "I've got two of them at home." But he said the club had the team to move on from Petersen.

Unbeknown to fans, when Petersen left the field at EnergyAustralia Stadium on Saturday night it would be the last time Gold Coaster's would see the fuzzy-haired league star playing in Titans colours. Despite his departure, Petersen will definitely return to the Gold Coast.

"Everywhere you go people just want to talk footy, so it's a great place and I'll definitely be moving back here," said Petersen.

Searle said there could be off-field opportunities for Petersen when he returns. "There will always be a place for Matty at the club."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Titan2007
05-05-08, 01:42 PM
Good Luck and a very sad goodbye to Matty Peterson and his young family. I am sure he has made the right decision as his future at the Titans was not cut and dried. Footy is a business these days, not only for the Clubs, but for the players as well. He still has a few years left in him playing this game and I wish him well.

DIEHARD
05-05-08, 02:00 PM
It's really sad that we will never get to officially farewell him at a match at Skilled Park. :nope:

daveyk
05-05-08, 02:02 PM
It's really sad that we will never get to officially farewell him at a match at Skilled Park. :nope:

i agree with you 100% diehard

it would've been a send off like none other...

shavenjas
05-05-08, 04:22 PM
:jawdrop:

This is the reason why I don't watch and don't care for English Rugby League. They don't have enough talent to fill full teams so they poach our talent. *edit* YOU Super league!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% Petersen should fit into English Rugby League REAL WELL they don't have enough talent, im sure they will love his 1 and 2 meter try's :thumbsup: all the best Matt don't hurry back!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

hully gully
05-05-08, 07:05 PM
Come On Give Him A Break All He Has Done Is Secure His Future,you Can't Blame Super League Either, In 3-4 Years Time When All The Under 20's Who Are Good Enough For A Run Out In The Nrl They Will Be To Many Players For Teams Where Do You Want Them To Go?? Salary Cap Needs Looking At, I Am Sorry To See Him Go But I Would Have Done The Same....

TITAN PETE
05-05-08, 08:12 PM
Can we please get rid of the flea that likes to shave a lot as i feel like i need a Flea collar to get rid of the bugs on this site :helpme: :laugh:

titanstattman
05-05-08, 09:15 PM
Sad but thas wat no sal cap dose

Dragons
05-05-08, 09:17 PM
I agree 100% Petersen should fit into English Rugby League REAL WELL they don't have enough talent, im sure they will love his 1 and 2 meter try's :thumbsup: all the best Matt don't hurry back!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

The only talent you have is.. you shave your ****. Petersen has been one of the best buys for them. Stick with your Bonco's mate and come on down Benny.:fight:

C-Whiz
06-05-08, 06:41 AM
all the best Matt don't hurry back!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Same to you Shav. It just hasn't been long enough.

skape
06-05-08, 10:40 AM
I'll miss Matt peterson..he is hot! :p

goldcoastitans
06-05-08, 12:09 PM
it was like a slap in the face i tell ya!

craigyd
06-05-08, 12:51 PM
we prob should have signed him for next year weeks ago,but when playing footy is your income you do what is best for you,i wish him allthe best and thank him for his efforts and flair when playing for the Titans.

Tamwelg
06-05-08, 01:03 PM
I am happy Sideshow has received a great offer to play in the UK. He has been great for the club over the last year and a bit, but I believed it is time for the younger guys to step up and have a crack a the NRL.

All the Best Sideshow :thumbsup: :wave:

dee13
06-05-08, 04:52 PM
yeh tbh rapana looks like a furture nrl player
walker is freakish but just takes it to casual i rkn

I wish someone would clarify which Rapana we are talking about here. Joel or Jordan:dizzy:

TITAN PETE
06-05-08, 07:53 PM
I wish someone would clarify which Rapana we are talking about here. Joel or Jordan:dizzy:

Jordan , Joel plays for Seagulls & he's not as good as his Little Bro:D

ozynorts
06-05-08, 07:59 PM
Why? Why? Why?

The Titans are on top of the ladder, its ludicris.

He obviously has no loyalty to them. You dont just leave.
They told him he wasn't going to get a contract next year, who has no loyalty?

Timmy Titans
06-05-08, 09:09 PM
They told him he wasn't going to get a contract next year, who has no loyalty?

I heard somewhere today if they were to offer im a new contract it would most likely to be only a year

bigjim
08-05-08, 03:06 PM
Good luck in England Matty. Sorry to see you go. Would like to have given you a huge send-off at Skilled, but not to be. Your contribution to the team has been immense.

This was a shocking surprise to me but nice to see it done in a understanding manner with a bit of consideration and honesty.

Any player can be replaced and he and the team know, this is the best time for Matty to take advantage of the Wakefield offer.

All the best on and off the paddock.

Chaos
08-05-08, 07:47 PM
Matty,

Unlike Bigjim...I'm not wishing you good luck. I believe the Titans team deserve that.
You had a contract until the end of 2008 with a team leading the best rugby league competition in the world and you have chosen to quit and play only for money.

Titanium_BD1103
08-05-08, 08:06 PM
Thanks for everything you have done for the club Mat, and for always giving it 10/10 performances... :)

I can't say I totally agree with what you have done, but you have your reasons so good luck in England.

DIEHARD
08-05-08, 08:11 PM
You had a contract until the end of 2008 with a team leading the best rugby league competition in the world and you have chosen to quit and play only for money.

I think you will find it was more a mutual parting of ways. He hardly screwed us.

GOOD LUCK MATTY!

Chaos
08-05-08, 08:16 PM
I think you will find it was more a mutual parting of ways. He hardly screwed us.

GOOD LUCK MATTY!

Well then the question must be asked...why is Peterson let go while a small Jeffries is playing wing, when we're are sitting well in this years competition?

DIEHARD
08-05-08, 08:22 PM
Well then the question must be asked...why is Peterson let go while a small Jeffries is playing wing, when we're are sitting well in this years competition?

He had a contract and I am sure if the Titans wanted he would have fulfilled the contract.

Chaos
08-05-08, 08:56 PM
He had a contract and I am sure if the Titans wanted he would have fulfilled the contract.

Diehard,

Now Peterson is gone...who do you think our best two wingers are?
Remember, we have a chance this year!

TITAN PETE
08-05-08, 09:49 PM

I spent a bit of time with both wingers after the game on Saturday night & if Matt had a hair cut there isn't much height difference between the 2 even including Bowen there's not much difference in height :nope: but watch out when Rapana gets a start he's taller,faster & probably a lot Stronger so as good as Sideshow was we should get by ;)

Blunt_Beno
11-05-08, 12:44 PM
i have never liked peterson and have always wanted to see anyone other then him on the wing for the titans. finally i get my wish haha, but in saying that, he is a very talented and skillful player, dont even know why i dont like him, just something about him i guess haha. he will make the poms look stupid, actually is there any poms left in that comp?

quins rl
12-05-08, 04:35 PM
i have never liked peterson and have always wanted to see anyone other then him on the wing for the titans. finally i get my wish haha, but in saying that, he is a very talented and skillful player, dont even know why i dont like him, just something about him i guess haha. he will make the poms look stupid, actually is there any poms left in that comp?
Tune into Fox sports thurs evenings and watch a game or 2.you might even enjoy it,and in the process you will learn some of the England players that will be coming over for the RLWC this year.

GCT_89
12-05-08, 04:52 PM

petersen is a great killful player and has been there from day dot......he has played very well for the Titans and was equal top try scorer last year with roegers

what i was cut about was that he didnt play out the rest of his contract and that we wouldnt get to see him off at skilled.......

well after talking to both him and searle on sat night, i can understand that there were somethings that just happen and that some opportunities are too good to knock back...........

but heres the good news...........
Petersen WILL be doing a lap of honour at SKILLED on friday night......and after all hes done for the club he deserves a standing ovation and round of applause from the crowd............

he has done a great job out on that wing which made for an enjoyable first year in the NRL for the Titans........

good luck overseas sideshow will look forward to your return.....................

Chaos
12-05-08, 06:38 PM
Should be an interesting send off!

DIEHARD
12-05-08, 06:58 PM
Petersen WILL be doing a lap of honour at SKILLED on friday night......and after all hes done for the club he deserves a standing ovation and round of applause from the crowd............

he has done a great job out on that wing which made for an enjoyable first year in the NRL for the Titans........

good luck overseas sideshow will look forward to your return.....................

Pleased to hear, I'll be definitely be showing him my appreciation.

TITAN PETE
12-05-08, 07:10 PM

Are you Smoking something :ugh: hahaha :dizzy:

Chaos
12-05-08, 07:14 PM

Pete,
I've smoked before and it didn't do that to me.

TITAN PETE
12-05-08, 07:26 PM
Pete,
I've smoked before and it didn't do that to me.

Maybe it's Glue sniffing :ugh:

Paul
13-05-08, 08:15 AM
he just walked past me at Runaway Bay shopping centre. I thought he was already in England so I did a double take but it was deffo him

Tamwelg
13-05-08, 08:38 AM

Awesome, atleast we get to show our appreciation before he goes.

Tamwelg
13-05-08, 08:39 AM
he just walked past me at Runaway Bay shopping centre. I thought he was already in England so I did a double take but it was deffo him

Yep, it would have been him. Read the quote in my above post.

Blunt_Beno
13-05-08, 11:13 PM

haha its not his playing i dont like, he is an awesom winger. and i dont even really know why i dont like him, i just dont haha. pretty poor excuse i know, but its the best ive got haha.

bigjim
19-05-08, 12:29 AM
Petersen was at the game on Friday, I saw him interviewed on the big screen. Don't understand why he couldn't have played just one last time for the send off he deserved.

amaline
19-05-08, 09:32 AM
Petersen was at the game on Friday, I saw him interviewed on the big screen. Don't understand why he couldn't have played just one last time for the send off he deserved.

I was wondering about that too. The only thing I can think of is there might be something in his new contract. I'm guessing Wakefield wouldn't want him risking injury before he gets a chance to play for them.

craigyd
19-05-08, 12:09 PM

He would have been contracted from a certain date,and would only be paid if injured playing for team he is now contracted too.If he played for Titans on Fri and broke both legs he would not be paid a sent by english club or titans,not worth the risk.