PDA

View Full Version : Campbell re-signs with Titans

Grimmace
01-05-08, 02:38 PM
Campbell re-signs with Titans

May 01, 2008

The Gold Coast Titans have re-signed electric fullback Preston Campbell for next season.

The in-form Campbell, who started his professional rugby league career with the Gold Coast Chargers in 1998, has signed a contract extension for 2009, with both parties to discuss his future beyond that term at a later date.

After being hampered by injuries over the past three seasons, the 30-year-old said he was currently feeling the best he had in some time but admitted he had also started to think about life after football.

"I?m felling good at the moment and feel like I could play for another five years but you just don?t know what?s going to happen," said Campbell.

"We?ve got a lot of young blokes coming through and I just don?t want to stand in the way of the club going forward.

"It?s obvious that the club is going to be blooding some of the younger blokes maybe later on this year or definitely next year so it?ll be interesting to see what role I play. But whatever role comes up, I?ll definitely be doing my best."

Campbell said he had his sights set on reaching his milestone 200th NRL game before he hangs up the boots. He currently sits on 189 NRL games.

Titans coach John Cartwright said Campbell?s recent form was comparable, if not better than that which he showed at Cronulla and Penrith earlier in his career.

"He?s coming into some of the best form that he?s played in his career," said Cartwright.

"His game last week against the Warriors, you couldn?t really hope for a better game from a fullback."

Source: Foxsports

GCT_89
01-05-08, 03:17 PM
YEW!..........hes been in his best form of late..............great signing for the club

ive noticed there have been a fair few short, one year contracts for titans players.......maybe its coz a three year contract doesnt mean anything these days......theres always a clause for either party to get out on........

Timmy Titans
01-05-08, 03:20 PM
Great resigning . . A great player with plentty of potential left in him

Nathan Friend will be next off the list . . we are on a resigning rampage at the moment

TITAN PETE
01-05-08, 03:45 PM
A nice show of loyalty for a Great Club Player & i hope continues for a few more years yet :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
01-05-08, 04:15 PM
I definitely echo Pete's comments.

I'm delighted Preston has resigned! We all adore the bloke and he is getting into some white hot form.

He is also a fantastic role model and warm hearted guy.

I know a lot of us have been hoping that even after he retires that he still remains with the club in community and development roles in SEQLD and northern NSW.

I don't want to ever lose him. :thumbsup:

titanstattman
01-05-08, 04:47 PM
I could not be happier with this wen i heard it its great for the club and the coast.....

dee13
01-05-08, 04:51 PM
AWESOME NEWS!!!

My 8 year old son would be devastated to see Preston leave. Ever since Preston gave Kyle his headgear after the game he has won a fan for life.

This guy is not only a great footballer, he is a great role model to children and a great asset to any community.

eelectrica
01-05-08, 05:17 PM
Good Stuff!!
Hopefully they'll announce some more re-signings soon.

Paul
01-05-08, 06:01 PM
This has just made my crappy day turn into a brilliant one

GOOD ONYA PRESTO

shamus
01-05-08, 07:35 PM
Nathan Friend will be next off the list . . we are on a resigning rampage at the moment

Nathan signed a week or so ago

hully gully
01-05-08, 08:06 PM
presto if you ever read these pages well done ,good luck, u r a champion...ps we liked the thumbs up after your try ,let there be more to come....

redback71
01-05-08, 11:48 PM
excellent!!! How about something more long term though? :thumbsup:

craigyd
02-05-08, 11:26 AM
Great to see the club showing Preston that even with Zillman coming in to the team they know we need Preston as a Titan.He is running hot at the moment and would hold his position over anyone at present.Loving watching him run rings around tired forwards and congratulate him on his resigning.
Even if Zillman slots in next year at fullback,can you think of anyone better of the bench than Preston,Damn no.

goldcoastitans
02-05-08, 11:37 AM
good to see the man stayed
he said he wants to stay with the club until he retires....so i thought he would play

mr jemo
12-05-08, 08:50 PM
good on the titans for keeping him he's had a good season just good to see him come into form and ooze confidence one thing he lacked in 07 good on ya mate