PDA

View Full Version : Legion Round 6: Titans vs Broncos

DIEHARD
15-04-08, 02:46 PM
Legion Round 6: TITANS vs BRONCOS

DIEHARD
15-04-08, 02:48 PM
Hi Titans Fans!

Sorry I've been having trouble with my ISP.

But I'm so keyed up for this Friday! Let's show them what real atmosphere is and let the Broncos fans leave with an inferiority complex.

I hear we are going to have big numbers with lots of people bringing friends.

Let's get loud, passionate and show our true colours.

Remember to get there as early as possible!

Paul
15-04-08, 04:41 PM
I don't finish until 5 :(

what time are gates DIEHARD? I'll try and get off early

*fingers crossed

kwigibo
15-04-08, 05:40 PM
I'll probably be there first in bay 30 again, should I save any seats for prominent legionnairres?

GCT_89
15-04-08, 06:54 PM
I'll probably be there first in bay 30 again, should I save any seats for prominent legionnairres?

basically if the people wanting seats in the front section of the LEGION arent Diehard TITANS supporters and arent ready to scream, cheer and chant, (while standing for majority of game) then they can have any other seat in section 30, if their a broncos supporter? just fnck off up the back of section 30 just to keep themselves safe.......lol

there should be the regulars

GCT_89 + 5
DIEHARD
STEVE
Dannyboi
Fampa?
Boofhead
Titanstattsman
Davey K
Cheif! + Family (3)
Kwigibo
Paul
Goldcoasttitans + the rest of the smurfs (t, i, t, a, n, s & !)
Aussiematt + 16 apparently (2nd or 3rd row back for these blokes so that they get a decent row together)
HULLY GULLY + Daughter

wonder if ive forgotten anyone.....hope not......lol

we're beefing up the LEGION week by week........if we can break/get close to 50 members in THE LEGION for this game i WILL be soooooooo Stoked!....

but yea i should be there at gates open, when ever that is........lol

sooooooooo ****ING PUMPED for this!

EDIT: kwigibo fixed

BringBackWillie
15-04-08, 08:26 PM
Have a great time guys!

Look forward to seeing you guys on TV

titanstattman
15-04-08, 08:50 PM
basically if the people wanting seats in the front section of the LEGION arent Diehard TITANS supporters and arent ready to scream, cheer and chant, (while standing for majority of game) then they can have any other seat in section 30, if their a broncos supporter? just fnck off up the back of section 30 just to keep themselves safe.......lol

GCT_89 + 5
DIEHARD
STEVE
Dannyboi
Fampa?
Boofhead
Titanstattsman
Davey K
Cheif! + Family (3)
Kiwigibo
Paul
Aussiematt + 16 apparently (2nd or 3rd row back for these blokes so that they get a decent row together)
HULLY GULLY + Daughter

we're beefing up the LEGION week by week........if we can break/get close to 50 members in THE LEGION for this game i WILL be soooooooo Stoked!....

I wont be able to make it but my girl is going with my bro daveyk and + 4

Paul
15-04-08, 08:52 PM
your brother was on FIRE against Canberra :D

titanstattman
15-04-08, 08:53 PM

yeah he gets it from his younger bigger brother!!

daveyk
15-04-08, 09:00 PM

the canberra game was just a warm up for this week

i am hopefully getting off work at 5 (fingures crossed)
i will be there with my usual 2 i think + titanstattman better half + 4
i think that work out to be 8

i have too many tickets.... :)

titanstattman
15-04-08, 09:02 PM
the canberra game was just a warm up for this week

i am hopefully getting off work at 5 (fingures crossed)
i will be there with my usual 2 i think + titanstattman better half + 4
i think that work out to be 8

i have too many tickets.... :)

Na i will not be here but i'll be in a pub in nth qld getting behind the team and having a drink and cheif will not be there aswell.....

Paul
15-04-08, 09:13 PM
Dave, I have the video of you with that megaphone :D

daveyk
15-04-08, 09:13 PM
Dave, I have the video of you with that megaphone :D

yeh i know... i seen it on YOUTUBE the other day....

how funny.... what am i getting up to this week????

Coaster
15-04-08, 10:06 PM
This will be a big test for us, they have some great inform forwards atm, and without Harrison in the pack, i hope Conn works as hard as he has last 2 weeks off the bench.

Game plan should be simple, smash Ennis, break his confidence, and the rest will follow. That guy is there weakest link IMO. I just hope they dont put PJ Marsh in there.

kwigibo
15-04-08, 10:09 PM
Kiwigibo

Now that just makes me look like a warriors supporter or something, which is not on, especially considering the next game ;). I 'll have to leave my black coat at home from now on.

goldcoastitans
16-04-08, 11:03 AM
yeh the smurfs will be there (T.I.T.A.N.S) plus another 4 :)

this is gonna be an awesome match
we gonna try and get there around 5:15 as gates open!

this is gonna be the big match! i cannot wait!

titanstattman
16-04-08, 11:05 AM
yeh the smurfs will be there (T.I.T.A.N.S) plus another 4 :)

this is gonna be an awesome match
we gonna try and get there around 5:15 as gates open!

this is gonna be the big match! i cannot wait!

:cry: :cry: :cry: i wish i could join all of u guys!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

goldcoastitans
16-04-08, 11:20 AM
lol yeh we need to have another session again the first game with the old titanstattman!! but hey there are many more games to come

Boofhead
16-04-08, 12:56 PM
I'll be there. :thumbsup:

Finish work at 5.30 so I'll try get their ASAP.

Steve
16-04-08, 01:11 PM
I was considering taking the day off, but I'll just leave at lunch to make sure I'm down for gates open. Gotta be there early! :D

Aussiematt
16-04-08, 04:18 PM
the 16 swordsmen will be there abit after 6..we would come earlier but we gonna drink up before we leave ;) lol

soo pumped for this game!!!

GCT_D-macca
16-04-08, 04:24 PM

GCT_89 + 5
DIEHARD
STEVE
Dannyboi
Fampa?
Boofhead
Titanstattsman
Davey K
Cheif! + Family (3)
Kwigibo
Paul
HULLY GULLY + Daughter

EDIT: kwigibo fixed

hey im 'Aussiematt's' brother, we're that group of guys wif the swords nd shields nd wer painted blue who went to the legion half way through the sharks game nd wer ther at the raiders game..we've definately got another 16 people for the broncos game... same seats as last game wuld b good :D , we'll all be standing n e way

Paul
16-04-08, 06:06 PM
hey im 'Aussiematt's' brother, we're that group of guys wif the swords nd shields nd wer painted blue who went to the legion half way through the sharks game nd wer ther at the raiders game..we've definately got another 16 people for the broncos game... same seats as last game wuld b good :D , we'll all be standing n e way

you guys were wicked loud!

Big props to all of ya

kwigibo
16-04-08, 10:33 PM
we gonna drink up before we leave ;) lol

Sounds like the perfect plan. That's the worst part about no car park, we could tailgate otherwise. I'd love to bring a full esky down before the game and get primed. Getting lit up and then taking the train presents a whole host of problems.

dee13
17-04-08, 05:10 PM
For those of you who want a photo of Blade in action. He is doing the sidelines in the second half.

1st stop... LEGION!!!

We will get a wave going this week

RLfan
18-04-08, 07:34 AM
Will it be safe to come over and say hello at half-time wearing a Broncos jersey or should I avoid.

GCT_89
18-04-08, 09:35 AM
Will it be safe to come over and say hello at half-time wearing a Broncos jersey or should I avoid.

Avoid!........

seriously.......im saying this for your own good.........

maybe another game and when your not wearing a broncos jersey

.......sorry mate

Steve
18-04-08, 11:00 AM
Can't wait for this!
I know I just missed one game, but it feels like I haven't been in ages.

GCT_89
18-04-08, 12:00 PM
Im sooooo freaking pumped for this game.........ill be on the train from Nerang - Robina arriving at 4:40.........

there is usually 4 of us that come but my folks cant make it tonight as they are in tassie....... so we have for replacements......(guy from work and his wife and kids) all Titans supporters so all is good.........

cant wait to get down there and rip into those broncos supporters.......!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
18-04-08, 12:05 PM
I'll be on the same train from central, and I think DIEHARD will be getting on it from Helensvale. :D

kwigibo
18-04-08, 12:53 PM
I'll be getting on that one at Helensvale. Get the drums going on the way down.

GCT_89
18-04-08, 01:09 PM
Last Carriage everyone...........

Steve
18-04-08, 01:40 PM
Last Carriage everyone...........

Can manage that. :D

GCT_07
18-04-08, 02:04 PM
:mad:

This sucks tooo badly.............

No one down here at tassie better peeve me tonight :fight:

I ll be speaking to them regarding their scheduling....... make me miss the game...... :argue:

only consolation...... matty s not there!

HAVE A GREAT TIME TONIGHT...... SCREAM AND SOMEONE PLEASE TAPE IT

skape
18-04-08, 02:29 PM
Go titans Kick those Bronco's butts!!! :fight:

GCT_89
18-04-08, 03:08 PM
just leaving now........me and bro both have faces painted.........

see you all there.........

oh and we'll be bringing two drums down

kwigibo
18-04-08, 03:39 PM
:mad:

This sucks tooo badly.............

No one down here at tassie better peeve me tonight :fight:

I ll be speaking to them regarding their scheduling....... make me miss the game...... :argue:

only consolation...... matty s not there!

HAVE A GREAT TIME TONIGHT...... SCREAM AND SOMEONE PLEASE TAPE IT

If this weather keeps up this won't be a very telegenic game. But rainy games at home are a strength, Titans were like 2 from 3 or 3 from 4 last year at home in the rain right?

GCT_07
18-04-08, 04:01 PM
I feel like a baby thats going to go off and cry.......

Oh well..... I m off to my nice and exciting conference.... we get to have a lovely BBQ with other people after looking at what new items suppliers have....... ohhh goody.... cant wait

:cry:

Paul
18-04-08, 11:49 PM
Tonight was fun in the legion

Having half of section 30 in broncos gear was not :mad:

I have no voice left

Prestons darts from kick returns tonight were awesome

well done boys, Top of the table

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Steve
19-04-08, 01:24 PM
I invited a Titans fan I know along, told her to get Legion tickets. They joined us in the front row and really looked to get into it, was good!
I noticed while we had broncos fans in our bay, there were Titans fans in the away bay.

hully gully
19-04-08, 02:53 PM
Did u notice Broncos leaving early from bay30.............AS USUAL!!!!!!
donkeys cant run like a race-horse must need an early start

DIEHARD
19-04-08, 03:25 PM
Well the day started of great with a win for our Toyota Cup boys and then a visit by Michael Searle (Managing Director) and Jason Sintome (Communications Manager) to The Legion for a pre-game chat.

Which is always a treat for fans to get to meet the Titans boss but it is probably also a treat for him to see fans embrace his club so passionately. But we sure are lucky to have not only a fantastic stadium and playing roster, but also the best managing director who all rugby league fans like.

Then we got a visit from Dee, in his Clark Kent guise before turning into Blade. Blade also paid us a visit later in the night with Turbo. Although the Bronco mascots couldn't help themselves but loiter around The Legion area. It was hilarious to see, I think it was either DannyBoi/Boof/GCT 89 or all of them poking the mascots with our flags.

The Smurfs were out in force, but of course the weather put the brakes on their plans to come painted. But painted or not it doesn't slow them down from being linch pins in Section 30.

Some highlights was starting that wave that went around the stadium. I don't think I've ever seen DannyBoi so excited and fullfilled. It certainly is a sight to see and its a credit that Titans fans can do a wave without any negative rubbish happening.

Someone cracked out a blue, gold and white beach ball which got sent around Section 30, then someone speared it off to the left into 29. I was laughing so hard when I saw the ball over near the south western bays until it got captured by a security guard. It certainly reminded me of the days when they had sponsored XXXX balls that got thrown into crowds and bounced around at QE2.

Of course Skilled Park had an infestation of Broncos fans and we had more than our fair share in Section 30. But Hully Gully is deadset right, alot scarpered early. At the moment it seems The Legion has an easier time when it isn't a fullhouse cause there is a bit more room to move and we can recruit people easier.

But the Legion is planned to get a lot bigger and cheaper in 2009, so watch out! Soon we really will have a Legion in Section 30!

The rain didn't phase us, even though we were soaked and the flags got water logged and weighted 10 times their original weight. It was also fun flicking water over everyone on purpose by whipping the flags n the air, although I think Paul got the brunt of it and I appreciate him not hurting me.

As usual we jeered the Broncos players, Under 20s and NRL. And lauded the Titans players. We went berserk when Shannon Walker scored right in front of us in the Toyota Cup match!

Another highlight was the Titans players coming over to The Legion giving us some high 5s and signing a few autographs, which GCT 89 can talk about. But well done for that, most appreciated especially after they would have been so mentally and physically exhausted.

The Legion was beaming with pride when our patron player Matt Petersen scored a hattrick! And we were buzzing with fan favourite Preston Campbell's darting runs and electric plays.

On the way home to the trains I had some girls stop me and ask if I was part of the Legion, and they said they were sitting near us and loved it. And they will be with us next week against the Warriors. They were also decked out head to toe in Titans gear, so definitely the type of fans we want. I said just grab a ticket and come right down the front, don't be shy.

And when I got off at Helensvale this young bloke asked if I was in The Legion and I said yep and once again I invited him to be part of us.

I really think we need to get business cards for everyone to give out so we can pass on that info presisely and fast and also on something that will help em remember.

It's just great to see people enjoying the game and The Legion, even if they aren't part of it. But it's also great to see them wanting to join it!

daveyk
19-04-08, 03:39 PM
what another awesome night within the Legion....
i brought some of mine & titantattsman family to last nights game (although two of them were broncos fans) they really enjoyed it.. alot different to sunsorp they said.

its great to see that we are doing such a great job week in, week out...

hey diehard, you got any pictures of a design you mentioned of the legion log
am goin to go and look into getting some stickers made up this week..

DIEHARD
19-04-08, 05:02 PM
hey diehard, you got any pictures of a design you mentioned of the legion log
am goin to go and look into getting some stickers made up this week..

This is what we got. I'm tempted to add TITANS SUPPORTER GROUP underneath.

http://www.rugby13.org/pics/legionlogo2.jpg

Paul
19-04-08, 06:03 PM
The rain didn't phase us, even though we were soaked and the flags got water logged and weighted 10 times their original weight. It was also fun flicking water over everyone on purpose by whipping the flags n the air, although I think Paul got the brunt of it and I appreciate him not hurting me.

LOL

I think you got me 4 or 5 times, I was already drenched so it didn't make much difference :D

The funniest one was right at the end of the game when the flag got wrapped completely around my head and I was lost inside of it for a few seconds :D

titanstattman
19-04-08, 07:23 PM
hello all wat a game for the boys and the fans of the titans as u many know i was un able to make it to the game as i am in rocky i was sending msg to my bro daveyk to try and get the boys going.hehehe.

As i sat in the pub all by myself watching the game i was so happy that boys won but not only that it was the cheering i could hear from the fans it was so good it game me goose bumps.

Well done to all the fans at the game u did a great job. Week in and week out i get even prouder of being a titans fan and to have the tattoo on my arm.

WELL DONE TOO ALL!!!!!!!!!

dee13
19-04-08, 07:47 PM
Great work last night Legionaires. Pretty soon you guys will have a reputation to uphold within the NRL if you keep going at this rate. The opposition will dread coming back to the Colliseum next year.

Did anyone see Blade and Turbo give it to maroon Buck the Bronco on about the 10 metre line South Eastern end. Turbo and I double teamed and had a mock fight with Buck. He went down to the ground and we started laying the boots in. HILARIOUS!!! I thought the crowd were cheering a play on the field, but they were cheering Blade and Turbo. Great fun.

Thanks to Buck(J) and Buck(T) for the fun times again during the local derby. Looking forward to the next time we meet. Those 2 guys are great sports.

Paul
19-04-08, 07:58 PM
haha yeah I saw it. It looked like you were going to push him over the fence at one point :D

DIEHARD
19-04-08, 08:14 PM
It was a fair way away from The Legion. But I zeroed in on it when I heard the crowd cheer loudly. I thought there must have been a fight in the stands or something, but I saw blade and turbo laying into Buck!

kwigibo
19-04-08, 08:18 PM
That's right in front of my sister's seat and she said she loved seeing you guys lay the boot in.

dee13
19-04-08, 08:33 PM
It was good fun. The 4 of us all had a huge laugh about it when we got back to the changerooms. Did a bit of funny photo stuff aswell. Mascot head swapping.

We will return the favours for the fans and cop some punishment when we go to Brissy later in the year. Its only fair.

GCT_07
20-04-08, 07:22 PM
This is what we got. I'm tempted to add TITANS SUPPORTER GROUP underneath.

http://www.rugby13.org/pics/legionlogo2.jpg

Diehard..... I think "Titans Supporter Group" under it would be PERFECT :thumbsup:

Steve
21-04-08, 12:01 PM
Looks like some photos in the Bulletin!

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/04/21/37425.jpg

The smurfs, GCT_89, boof and davey all in the shot high fiving the players. :D

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/04/21/37465.jpg

Is that 'I' looking tense?

DIEHARD
21-04-08, 03:08 PM
Fantastic pictures! That was probably a highlight of the Legion so far, having the players come over and do that. It was a special victory.

You forgot this picture of the Legion Steve!

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/04/21/36995.jpg

:thumbsup:

The Gold Coast Bulletin always do a fantastic job uploading a massive archive of pictures for fans. We have a whopping 76 pictures here, where as both the SMH and Courier only put up 10-12.

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE PHOTO GALLERY (http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/photo_gallery/gallery_popup.php?category_id=1025)

DIEHARD
21-04-08, 08:17 PM
Just a few taken by Bronco fan Aeetee from BroncosHQ from the away supporter bay.

http://www.broncoshq.com/aeetee/Broncos%20V%20Titans%20resized/P4180085.JPG

http://www.broncoshq.com/aeetee/Broncos%20V%20Titans%20resized/P4180046.JPG

http://www.broncoshq.com/aeetee/Broncos%20V%20Titans%20resized/P4180023.JPG

It's great that we can fill up the front so well now. You can see a distinct difference between the Legionnaires at the front and the regular fans and punters behind us.

My mind races thinking about having every row in Section 30 like that, bleeding blue, gold and white.

That is certainly the goal! Michael Searle wants to have an entire bay of Legionnaires! So let's do it!

kwigibo
21-04-08, 08:24 PM
The Gold Coast Bulletin always do a fantastic job uploading a massive archive of pictures for fans. We have a whopping 76 pictures here, where as both the SMH and Courier only put up 10-12.

[/URL]

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/titans/gold-coast-titans.html

They've captioned a photo of Mini as Laffranchi. All Italians look alike to them? ;)

Paul
21-04-08, 08:33 PM
Those 3 pics of the whole legion are awesome

Boofhead
21-04-08, 09:12 PM
Those 3 pics of the whole legion are awesome

So awesome, I had to make a siggy out of it.

:fist:

daveyk
21-04-08, 11:54 PM
the LEGION are just looking absolutely awesome... even on tv you can really notice us aswell

DIEHARD
22-04-08, 12:31 AM
So awesome, I had to make a siggy out of it.

:fist:

Boof, best sig ever....ever!

goldcoastitans
23-04-08, 11:46 AM
i havent seen the replay yet but apparently in one snip i am giving brisbane the finger .....i need to see if i did or not :)

DIEHARD
23-04-08, 01:27 PM
Replay on Thursday at 2:30pm FOX SPORTS 2.

Last replay of the week before Round 7!

goldcoastitans
24-04-08, 11:20 AM
Taping it will watch it tonight when i get home ....see if its true or not ........im probably going with true .....i blame it on the Broncos Donkey :D