PDA

View Full Version : 2008 off contract titan players

Grimmace
11-04-08, 02:46 PM
This thread is to basically to keep a tabs of titans players that are off contract and what happenns to them next year. feel free to specualte on players we should kep for next year (thank Dee 13 for the idea) I have decided to split it into two sections, Fowards and backs enjoy. If you know anybody else off contract post thre names here and I'll add them to the list as I'm sure i havent posted every ones name here.

Fowards:
Clint Amos
Kris Kahler
Gavin Cooper
Nathan Friend
Josh Graham
Brad Meyers
Luke Swain
Michael Hodgson
James Stosic

Backs:
Chris Walker
Smith Samau
Josh Lewis
Matt Petersen.
Luke O' Dweyer (resigned till 2010)

GCT_89
11-04-08, 03:02 PM
Fowards:
Clint Amos
Kris Kahler
Gavin Cooper
Nathan Friend
Josh Graham
Brad Meyers
Luke Swain
Michael Hodgson
James Stosic

Backs:
Chris Walker **
Smith Samau
Josh Lewis
Matt Petersen.

keepers in bold

** i would hate to see Walker in any other jersey but the titans.......

just my personal opinion......at the end of the day its up to the players and the club.....

amaline
11-04-08, 03:55 PM
keepers in bold

** i would hate to see Walker in any other jersey but the titans.......

just my personal opinion......at the end of the day its up to the players and the club.....

I agree. He's had a really bad run with injury and stuff. It'd be awesome to see him come back and play well for the Titans.

Blunt_Beno
11-04-08, 04:25 PM
Fowards:
Gavin Cooper
Nathan Friend
Josh Graham
Brad Meyers
Luke Swain
Michael Hodgson
James Stosic

Backs:
Chris Walker
Matt Petersen.

id keep them. why isnt friend resigned already?

kwigibo
11-04-08, 04:41 PM
They can lose Kahler and Samau, and I'd be surprised if they didn't.

Stosic, Swain, Hodgson, won't be missed if they manage to sign Hannant and blood some youngsters/feeder players.

If Zillman is fit and can play as well in the halves as some say, they can lose Lewis as well. Would hate to see Walker go, if he was playing football he'd be a keeper, but if they retain him on very little money there's not so much harm in keeping him.

Amos is a good 2nd hooker, they don't really need him and Nagwini though, do they?

Darren Lockyer
11-04-08, 05:42 PM
I don't know why they haven't signed up nathan friend yet. I think he is oone of the most under rated hookers in the game......They will release him or Clint if they want to have a good chance at securing cameron smith in 2010 i reckon

patskE
11-04-08, 05:59 PM
i would keep lewis for cheap
as a back up for prince

Chaos
11-04-08, 06:58 PM
I'd think Peterson would be a priority.

mb63
12-04-08, 10:15 AM
Josh Graham would be one I would re-sign.Walker should be shown the door.

Rogers Magic
13-04-08, 10:48 AM
Personally I would re-sign only 4

Forwards
Nathan Friend
Brad Meyers
Josh Graham

Backs
Matt Peterson

With the Titans chasing Hannant and Boyd plus a number of up and coming youngsters, the side will have a mix lots of toughness, speed, experience and youth. And would look extremely exciting.

1. W. Zillman
2. S. Walker
3. B. Delaney
4. D. Boyd
5. M. Peterson
6. M. Rogers
7. S. Prince
8. L. Baily
9. N. Friend
10. B. Hannant
11. A. Laffranchi
12. M. Minichello
13. A. Harrison

14. A. Cannings
15. B. Meyers
16. P. Campbell
17. L. Odwyer / D. Conn / W. Mathews / J. Graham

I would personally be a very happy member to watch this line-up play each week. :thumbsup:

patskE
13-04-08, 11:09 AM
was talking to my cous who works at big league
he said esi tonga is proving to be a handful, maybe center in 09 for us?

Blunt_Beno
16-04-08, 12:11 PM
friend IS the most underated in the game, followed closely by matty balin manlys hooker. so why hasnt friend been re-signed?

and why would they want cameron smith? if ya ask me friend is as good if not better than cameron smith. all he has that friend doesnt is a very good kicking ability, but we deffinately dont need him for that.

CanberraTitan
16-06-08, 12:21 PM
Does anybody know if Chris Walker will be re-signing with Titans for next season????

Would be nice to see him play a full season for Titans.

Tamwelg
16-06-08, 12:51 PM
Does anybody know if Chris Walker will be re-signing with Titans for next season????

Would be nice to see him play a full season for Titans.

I've got a real good feeling we will see him with the Titans again next year.

Big J
16-06-08, 02:45 PM
Read in the Sun Herald yesterday that the Dogs were keen on Michael Hodgson. Anyone heard anything??

patskE
16-06-08, 05:36 PM
the dogs do need some big boys

cornerposter
17-06-08, 08:36 AM
and why would they want cameron smith? if ya ask me friend is as good if not better than cameron smith. all he has that friend doesnt is a very good kicking ability
:dizzy: what a statement

TITAN PETE
17-06-08, 10:41 AM
:dizzy: what a statement

The main difference between Friend & Smith is one plays 80 minutes everyweek & makes 50+ tackles every match the other plays for Melbourne :dizzy:

titanstattman
17-06-08, 11:43 AM
The main difference between Friend & Smith is one plays 80 minutes everyweek & makes 50+ tackles every match the other plays for Melbourne :dizzy:

Hahaha so true :) Well they better hurry up so they can make room for me:surprise: :surprise: Lololol

cornerposter
17-06-08, 01:04 PM

Yeah OoooooK :D

Let's not mention that one is the QLD #9 & Captain, OZ #9 & Captain and the best #9 in the world, the other

craigyd
17-06-08, 01:30 PM
This thread is to basically to keep a tabs of titans players that are off contract and what happenns to them next year. feel free to specualte on players we should kep for next year (thank Dee 13 for the idea) I have decided to split it into two sections, Fowards and backs enjoy. If you know anybody else off contract post thre names here and I'll add them to the list as I'm sure i havent posted every ones name here.

Fowards:
Clint Amos (keep)
Kris Kahler (gone)
Gavin Cooper (keep)
Nathan Friend (signed)
Josh Graham (signed)
Brad Meyers (keep)
Luke Swain (keep)
Michael Hodgson (off to Doggies)
James Stosic (gone)

Backs:
Chris Walker (keep)
Smith Samau (gone)
Josh Lewis (gone)
Matt Petersen. (allready gone)

thats what i would be doing

Grimmace
17-06-08, 02:04 PM
Is there anybody who wants to see Khaler remain here next year or do you all think he is destined for permanent Qld cup duties next year ?

TITAN PETE
17-06-08, 03:22 PM
Is there anybody who wants to see Khaler remain here next year or do you all think he is destined for permanent Qld cup duties next year ?

I had read he has been offered a contract from Ipswich & possibly an English club for 09 so i don't think he'll get an offer from the Titans.

titanstattman
17-06-08, 03:25 PM

Another name on the arm that will be leaving...

Titanium_BD1103
29-06-08, 10:51 AM
Read in the Sun Herald yesterday that the Dogs were keen on Michael Hodgson. Anyone heard anything??

Yep, the inside word is that he will sign with my boys for the next two seasons as early as this Wednesday... they are in the final stages of sorting out the contract... :)

Great signing if it is true...we all know he's been a great player for the Titans and always been of good service and given 100% when he's played, he will be great for the depth of the Bulldogs.. I can't wait for it to be official... :D

jenwood
29-06-08, 11:08 AM
Yep, the inside word is that he will sign with my boys for the next two seasons as early as this Wednesday... they are in the final stages of sorting out the contract... :)

Great signing if it is true...we all know he's been a great player for the Titans and always been of good service and given 100% when he's played, he will be great for the depth of the Bulldogs.. I can't wait for it to be official... :D

Also heard this from an ex-dogs fan yesterday- I was a bit surprised at first but then remembered that I recently read somewhere that his wife and kids are living in Canberra atm cos she is running the family beauty parlour! Makes sense then for him to move to Sydney- at least he is closer to his family and probs getting more money too!:thumbsup: Good luck to him in the future- he has certainly worked hard for the Titans this year:thumbsup:

amaline
29-06-08, 11:18 AM
I heard Brad Myers was headed to the Dogs too.

TITAN PETE
29-06-08, 12:01 PM

He will be a great buy fot the Dogs as he's a no frills worker who never lets his team down & puts in 100% ;)