PDA

View Full Version : Titans AWAY Tour 2008 - Discussion

DIEHARD
07-04-08, 05:52 AM
Round 5: Jetstar Titans V Parramatta Eels (Parrmatta Stadium)

We are calling all southern supporters and Titans Members that would like to attend this round 5 clash with hot starters Parramatta Eels on Friday 11 the April. We would like to facilitate seating in the same section for all these supporters so we can bring home that golden AWAY win.

Please contact us on membersinfo@titans.com.au or 55810190 to express your interest.

Away Game Package

The Jetstar Titans Membership are currently in discussion about potentially setting up an away game package to either our round 18 clash with the Sydney Roosters at Aussie Stadium or our round 23 clash with the North Queensland Cowboys at Dairy Farmers Stadium. The package is likely to include accommodation, transfers to and from the game and game day ticketing in the away supporters bay.

To express your interest in a package like this please email us at events@titans.com.au

Source: Titans

DIEHARD
07-04-08, 05:58 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea and I'm glad to see the Titans rolling it out.

I think a tour of North Queensland in a sold out stadium would be the most appealing of the two options.

I'm sure many Titans fans and I'm sure The Legion would love to be involved. :thumbsup:

What is everyone's thoughts?

Paul
07-04-08, 06:12 AM
My plan is to make it to the bunnies and roosters games and maybe the cronulla game

Steve
07-04-08, 07:38 AM
It sounds good. I reckon they'd have to fly us in the plane with the lads on the side!
I might email to express my interest. :D

TITAN PETE
07-04-08, 09:35 AM
I've sent an email back expressing interest for both games but the Cowboys match may be the one which grabs us a Top 4 position so we'll need plenty of support for the Goodguys :fist:

GCT_89
07-04-08, 02:10 PM
yea im keen for the cowboys one......depending on costs of course........but would love to have a group of us up there to cheer our team to victory!!!!

jenwood
07-04-08, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a trip to Nth Qld coming up! I would love to go- have to sweettalk hubby!:thumbsup:

Airlie Beach Titan
07-04-08, 10:13 PM
I flew down from the Whitsundays to watch Round 1 at home.

Now I can watch Round 23 in my neck of the woods, not bad.

DIEHARD
08-04-08, 04:55 PM
Any Titans fans interested in going on these proposed AWAY game packages, contact the Titans Event department on events@titans.com.au and lodge your interest.

It would be fantastic to get these tours off the ground.

dee13
08-04-08, 05:02 PM
My son is going to the Parramatta game. I will tell him to look out for the Soutern Legion and introduce himself if he is close by.

DIEHARD
08-04-08, 05:25 PM
My son is going to the Parramatta game. I will tell him to look out for the Soutern Legion and introduce himself if he is close by.

That'd be great. Is he a Titans fan though?

dee13
08-04-08, 05:36 PM
That'd be great. Is he a Titans fan though?

Yes. He is converted. Ever since he went to the open training session/fan day at Pizzey Park last year.

BringBackWillie
08-04-08, 08:27 PM
Great to hear Dee - we're in the Northern Terrace Sections 58 and 59!

DIEHARD
16-05-08, 02:08 AM
Save those pennies and pack those bags!

AWAY GAME MEMBER TRIP INFORMATION COMING SOON !!!!

The Jetstar Titans Membership Department are currently discussing possibilities for a Member Trip to Townsville in round 23 when the Jetstar Titans take on the Cowboys. We have received over whelming support for this trip and it will be a great opportunity to show the boys our support as they hit a tough away game dominated back half of the season.

STAY TUNED !

I'm glad the club is going with a Cowboys game at Dairy Farmers. I'd say most Queenslanders and Titans fans would find this most appealing. Because most of us haven't gone before, myself included.

It is also a coveted fortress and a real Queensland derby! Guaranteed to be a sell out.

Alot better than any idea of going to the Roosters game at an empty SFS.

I can't wait!

I really hope this leads to a further increase in the culture of the Titans to tour. We already have a fantastic base of fans in Sydney and I know a lot of Titans members up here have gone to a fair few games this year down there already in 2008!

I'd really love our fans to be travellers like British fans are for the Challenge Cup and Millenium Magic. And here is our first large scale opportunity!

TITAN PETE
16-05-08, 11:09 AM
I'll be there for this game & hopefully have about 5 others with me for this match but i'm hoping it's not a Friday night game but i suspect it will be :(

DIEHARD
16-05-08, 11:20 AM
I'll be there for this game & hopefully have about 5 others with me for this match but i'm hoping it's not a Friday night game but i suspect it will be :(

Yea true, that isn't going to help a lot of fans, but the class of the match really dictates that it will be a Friday night.

We'll all have to get those days off.

Paul
16-05-08, 11:32 AM
I'll deffo be going to the roosters game on the friday night at the SFS

I always love the 2000 roosters fans that turn up but miraculously gets turned into 20,000 in the papers ;)

DIEHARD
16-05-08, 11:40 AM
I'll deffo be going to the roosters game on the friday night at the SFS

I always love the 2000 roosters fans that turn up but miraculously gets turned into 20,000 in the papers ;)

The Chook Pen are awesome supporters, they'd have no one and no atmosphere if they didn't have the Pen!

kwigibo
16-05-08, 12:07 PM

At DFS? It's about 99% to be a saturday night game. They always are, because I always have to watch Cowboys home games on the stupid fox sports viewer's choice, and it's always the 2nd choice game (meaning you can't change channels without having to load and unload fox sports active, which takes half a minute), even if the other game is between Canberra and whatever Sydney club is at the bottom of the ladder that week.

Boofhead
16-05-08, 06:49 PM
/raises hand

I'm keen!

GCT_07
16-05-08, 11:45 PM
All ready have our names down....... 4 from here going :thumbsup:

Darren Lockyer
18-05-08, 11:53 AM
Hey just a few questions? Is there an age limit on the legion? I'm 16 so am i to young? and i would love to start coming to a few games for the titans. I have had enough of the broncos now!!! How much would the trip cost to the cowboys game???? and is there still room

Ozdavo
19-05-08, 10:33 AM
Yea true, that isn't going to help a lot of fans, but the class of the match really dictates that it will be a Friday night.

We'll all have to get those days off.
Why would the Cowboys match be a Friday night... It's likely to be 1st v Last! :D

DIEHARD
19-05-08, 01:01 PM
Hey just a few questions? Is there an age limit on the legion? I'm 16 so am i to young? and i would love to start coming to a few games for the titans. I have had enough of the broncos now!!! How much would the trip cost to the cowboys game???? and is there still room

Hi mate!

Certainly no age limit on the Legion. We are all inclusion with every age group represented.

I'm even going to bring my mother to an upcoming game.

Definitely come to some game and sit with us. You'll be part of the crew in seconds.

Stay tuned for more info on the away supporters tour to Dairy Farmers.

daveyk
19-05-08, 08:26 PM
with the away tour to DFS do you need to contact titans membership coz count me in for sure + probably 2 others as well

jenwood
19-05-08, 09:00 PM
with the away tour to DFS do you need to contact titans membership coz count me in for sure + probably 2 others as well

If you read the first post there is an email address to record your interest:D

daveyk
19-05-08, 09:20 PM
If you read the first post there is an email address to record your interest:D

thanks heaps for that jenwood

have sent the email.... look out nrth qld, they wont know what hit them

squirrell
26-05-08, 09:34 AM
im in for cowboys away with my daughter india,e mailed titans so bring it on.

daveyk
26-05-08, 07:19 PM
does anyone know whats happening for the cowboys game

sent them an email and havent received anything back yet....

TITAN PETE
26-05-08, 08:16 PM

We should've all received the "Titans Times" from Lisa last week & she said "Stay Tuned" for info on Cowboys match :fist:
They can't do much untill the game has a date so it could be arranged :salute:

DIEHARD
26-05-08, 08:17 PM

The club has said they will release more information soon and that there has been a lot of interest. I'm as eager as you.

TITAN PETE
26-05-08, 08:35 PM
For those who didn't the email

Dear Jetstar Titans Member,

We hope you are all enjoying life on top of the Telstra NRL ladder ? I know we are!!

Attached is an exclusive 2008 Members only offer - Get in quick as numbers are very limited. As a valued member of the Jetstar Titans Sponsorship family, Crowne Plaza Royal Pines Resort have kindly attached a Special Events Calendar detailing all of their upcoming attractions.

We will also be sending out information very shortly about a potential member trip to Townsville for the Round 23 clash with North Queensland.

Stay Tuned!!!

daveyk
26-05-08, 09:08 PM
thanks guys

i havent received anything from the titans at all since becoming a member

titanstattman
26-05-08, 09:23 PM
thanks guys

i havent received anything from the titans at all since becoming a member

IM the same but i'll prob be allrady up there so let me know way the seats are

Ozdavo
27-05-08, 01:32 PM
IM the same but i'll prob be allrady up there so let me know way the seats are

Email them to ensure they have your correct email addresses

C-Whiz
27-05-08, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty keen about this. You would hope that they could get some really good package deals with Jetstar as their major sponsor. :thumbsup:

jenwood
27-05-08, 05:02 PM
I'm pretty keen about this. You would hope that they could get some really good package deals with Jetstar as their major sponsor. :thumbsup:

Same here- never been to Townsville-is it a nice place?

TITAN PETE
27-05-08, 05:10 PM

It is When we WIN !! :fist:

C-Whiz
27-05-08, 06:38 PM

A plane load of Titans supporters should certainly brighten the place up! :D

daveyk
27-05-08, 06:55 PM
A plane load of Titans supporters should certainly brighten the place up! :D

that it will....

Email them to ensure they have your correct email addresses

have done that, was hoping to get some info back, but nothing as yet..
maybe will them a call

shamus
27-05-08, 10:41 PM
maybe will them a call

Nah....don't risk it...I would call 'em.

daveyk
28-05-08, 07:04 PM
i knew there has something i had to do this week.... damn my brain not working

DIEHARD
07-06-08, 01:06 PM
AWAY GAME MEMBER TRIP INFORMATION COMING VERY SOON !!!!

The Jetstar Titans Membership Department have decided to host (subject to numbers and game date) a Members Away Game Trip to our Round 25 clash at Brookvale Oval with the Manly Sea Eagles. The trip to Sydney will be in fact a lot less expensive than the original idea of a Townsville trip. This will be a great opportunity to support the boys away from home.

STAY TUNED !

GCT_89
07-06-08, 01:48 PM
brookvale aye?

sounds good........hopefully we can walk away with a win too....how fantastic would that be..................

BringBackWillie
07-06-08, 01:50 PM
After last year's experience at Brookvale, it would be good to get more Titans fans down there!

Diehard can attest to it!

daveyk
07-06-08, 03:58 PM
AWAY GAME MEMBER TRIP INFORMATION COMING VERY SOON !!!!

The Jetstar Titans Membership Department have decided to host (subject to numbers and game date) a Members Away Game Trip to our Round 25 clash at Brookvale Oval with the Manly Sea Eagles. The trip to Sydney will be in fact a lot less expensive than the original idea of a Townsville trip. This will be a great opportunity to support the boys away from home.

STAY TUNED !

when did they decide this?? i had sent an email regarding rd 23 but still havent heard anything back....

GCT_89
07-06-08, 04:37 PM
when did they decide this?? i had sent an email regarding rd 23 but still havent heard anything back....

dont worry, this is only recent....but we'll keep this thread updated so that you have no excuse for not attending........

GCT_07
07-06-08, 10:49 PM

Daveyk...... dont worry... it was only yesterday in the Member Email

http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition7/Home%20Page.htm :thumbsup:

daveyk
08-06-08, 01:04 PM
Daveyk...... dont worry... it was only yesterday in the Member Email

http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition7/Home%20Page.htm :thumbsup:

yeh but i dont even get a member email.... damn them!!!!!!!!

am making a phone call on tuesday... me is unhappy.... grrrr

C-Whiz
08-06-08, 07:23 PM
am making a phone call on tuesday... me is unhappy.... grrrr

Same here! Even NSW supporters don't want to actually be in NSW! :nope:

Why can't we enjoy the tropics? ;)

DIEHARD
08-06-08, 07:28 PM
I guess this isn't such a bad idea because making it more accessible and affordable means we can get more people and more people means greater success in the future for such tours.

GCT_89
08-07-08, 03:07 PM
in the members notice board of this edition, they say that more info will be available next week..........

http://titans.com.au/titans_times/edition9/

Wont this be the Last Home Game for Steve 'Beaver' Menzies

it'll sure hurt their fans having a big block of titans supporters in amongst them......although beaver or as his fans call him, bever, is a bloody legend and i sure will be giving him a massive cheer............

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/844/membertriplg5.png (http://imageshack.us)

also, diehard would you be able to pin this thread....took me way too long to find it......lol

DIEHARD
08-07-08, 11:45 PM
also, diehard would you be able to pin this thread....took me way too long to find it......lol

Done! Hopefully as many of us who can afford it will be there. I think a lot of regulars on the forum will be there.

Also I can go to the city and buy some more comics.... my 2nd favourite thing after rugby league.

Paul
13-07-08, 03:55 PM
The titans and jetstar SHOULD be doing cheap away day packages for EVERY round if they seriously want us to travel in numbers when we play away from skilled park because at the end of the day it's an expensive habit to follow the boys around the country

Blunt_Beno
13-07-08, 07:35 PM
The titans and jetstar SHOULD be doing cheap away day packages for EVERY round if they seriously want us to travel in numbers when we play away from skilled park because at the end of the day it's an expensive habit to follow the boys around the country

its an expensive habit for us supporters who live in other regions of qld just to see there home games haha. after i buy a ticket, it usually costs me anywhere up to $300 for travel and accomodation and what not, makes it hard to be an active supporter unfortunately

goldcoastitans
14-07-08, 10:42 AM
i hope this is the beginning of us winning away tours ..if we can to the roosters away we can beat anyone!! bring on the away games!!

squirrell
14-07-08, 10:46 AM
ive now got 4 plus myself for the manly game so hurry up already with the details and cost!!!!!!!!!!

goldcoastitans
14-07-08, 10:48 AM
we are waiting for the titans to give us the prices :)

agave
14-07-08, 06:20 PM
ill be there ,let me know where well meet ,count me and the missus in

GCT_89
14-07-08, 06:51 PM
ill be there ,let me know where well meet ,count me and the missus in

its organised through the titans, so we currently dont know where they'll seat us all..................

Paul
14-07-08, 07:06 PM
I was umm-ing and ahh-ing over this trip but after last friday I wouldn't miss it

titanstattman
14-07-08, 07:21 PM
I wont be able to make this game as i will be in rocky......

But i will be going to the cowboys game so if any1 else up for it let me know???

BringBackWillie
14-07-08, 10:20 PM
Fingers crossed the Titans are going to include the Southern Legion in this group booking!

GCT_07
14-07-08, 11:39 PM
I wont be able to make this game as i will be in rocky......

But i will be going to the cowboys game so if any1 else up for it let me know???

Pi$$ed.... I had it lined up all year..... Cowboys fan I know up north has a box up there..... had it lined up with him for the game... Told him to expect a lot of Blue and Gold... seriously gave it to him.... Then what happens.....I find out my next conference in Melbourne is on that same weekend. Ohhhhh soooo cut...

titanstattman
15-07-08, 02:31 PM
Pi$$ed.... I had it lined up all year..... Cowboys fan I know up north has a box up there..... had it lined up with him for the game... Told him to expect a lot of Blue and Gold... seriously gave it to him.... Then what happens.....I find out my next conference in Melbourne is on that same weekend. Ohhhhh soooo cut...

Oh no ma.

Im flying up on the sat and flying back on the sunday night and yes i know im FLYING im not to sure about this flying bit as i dont know how to do it i'll have to take mel with me so she can show me....

GCT_07
15-07-08, 02:41 PM
Oh no ma.

Im flying up on the sat and flying back on the sunday night and yes i know im FLYING im not to sure about this flying bit as i dont know how to do it i'll have to take mel with me so she can show me....

Ummmm You dont do the flying yourself.... you get in whats called an AIR O PLANE..... or Plane for short.... You sit in that and it does the flying for you.... it s pretty cool.....LMAO..... ohhh sometimes I just crack myself up :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

We dont get back from Melbourne until 9pm Saturday night.... if there was anyway of flying from Melbourne to Townsville in time to catch the game the flights would already be booked.

titanstattman
15-07-08, 02:45 PM
Ummmm You dont do the flying yourself.... you get in whats called an AIR O PLANE..... or Plane for short.... You sit in that and it does the flying for you.... it s pretty cool.....LMAO..... ohhh sometimes I just crack myself up :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

We dont get back from Melbourne until 9pm Saturday night.... if there was anyway of flying from Melbourne to Townsville in time to catch the game the flights would already be booked.

U are funny u do crack urself up.......

But the flying thing iv drive everywhere and only been on a plane once and that 2yr ago if i have to go to syd,vic,sa,wa,nt,nth qld i drive so this will be the 2nd time on a plane but its all good im scared of just dont know wat to do .jokes....:salute:

GCT_07
15-07-08, 02:54 PM
If unsure.... think back to Vince Sorrenti.... the gala night.... life jacket... whistle... I still cant watch the safety part at the beginning of a flight without laughing.... "the only people that are going to hear that whistle are the other 200 people who also came crashing down......whhhhhhhhrrrrr whrrrrrrrrrr"

The FUNNIEST comedy routine I have ever heard.... how long ago was that... 2 months ago... and it still cracks me up

titanstattman
15-07-08, 07:12 PM
Just wonding if any1 knows if JETSTAR has deals for awa games??? If so where to look...

BringBackWillie
15-07-08, 08:58 PM
Usually there's an add that flashes up on the Titans website

hicksey
17-07-08, 11:12 PM
im hoping to make it to the manly game gotta check out what day and if i make it into the semis or not

goldcoastitans
18-07-08, 09:20 AM
im so keen for that last away game just gotta see the money situation