PDA

View Full Version : Reviews: Post your gaming reviews in here!

DeeGan
22-11-05, 12:22 PM
Reviews: Post your gaming reviews in here!

Purchased a new game that is the best game you have every played?

Have you brought a game with the highest of expectations only to be disappointed after an hours gaming?

Post your reviews in this thread.

Give us a summary of the game and then copy the following template and add to your post:

Graphics: /10

Gameplay: /10

Longevity: /10

Difficulty: /10

Overall: /10

Rent or buy?:

Played the game on my:

Look forward to reading the RL2 reviews from our members!

Cheers

DeeGan

Titans#1
17-12-05, 06:29 AM
Is anyone going to post a review on RL2 in here? I'd be interested to see the scores.

Super Cronk
17-12-05, 10:54 AM
Graphics: 9/10- they are great

Gameplay: 7/10- still a few things that suck. ie: ball going to ground, and defence is on goal line is impossible.

Longevity: 8/10- franchise will you keep you busy

Difficulty: 4/10-ive only played on the lower difficulties..so dont know what its like on higher

Overall: 8/10

Rent or buy?: buy

Played the game on my: PC

Coaster
04-01-06, 09:26 PM
King Kong on the PS2

I didnt buy this game, just hired it luckily, it closely resembles the movie i guess as i have seen every cut seen from the trailers in the game.

It is a first person shooter, and although the graphics are cool, i have to tell you that the movement in the game is way to shakey, and after playing it for about 4 hours, i felt as sick in the stomach as i have ever felt.

This game should have a warning, the movement might be ok on a little screen, but on a big screen, i felt physicly ill.

My wife asked me what was wrong, as i had never felt this before, in any game, but i can assure you it was this game, as i tried it again the next day.

Graphics:9 /10

Gameplay: 0/10 just for the movement issues

Longevity: 2/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Overall: 2/10

Rent or buy?: Rent

Played the game on my: PS2

Coaster
04-01-06, 09:30 PM
Sims 2 on XBOX

My daughter just loves this game and cant get enough.

Graphics: 6/10

Gameplay: 10/10

Longevity: 10/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Overall: 9/10

Rent or buy?: Buy

Played the game on my: Xbox

Coaster
04-01-06, 09:32 PM
Everybody's Golf on PSP

I like this game, i do enjoy golf games.

This little machine is cool as.

Graphics: 9/10

Gameplay: 7/10

Longevity: 7/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Overall: 7/10

Rent or buy?: Buy if you like golf

Played the game on my: PSP

Super Cronk
04-01-06, 11:01 PM
Ratchet and clank UP your ****nal

I hadnt really heard of ratchet and clank much prior to getting this game a few days after x-mas...i had seen some ads over the last few years and it didnt really appeal to me. But i wanted to see what it was like so i chucked it in and started playing...the first 30 mins i got hooked! i really enjoyed the game. Those types of platforms arent normally the games i play...but i liked UYA very much.

Graphics: 8/10- they are excellent

Gameplay: 7.5/10 - camera angels were a bit annoying to start with but i got used to it in teh end.

Longevity: 8.5/10- has alot of stages and ALOT of things to collect and do.

Difficulty: 6/10- some parts are hard...but if you give it a few more tries you normally get the hang of it and get passed the hard parts.

Overall: 8.5/10- really enjoyed it.

Played the game on my:PS2

Moejoe
27-03-06, 08:39 PM
THE ELDER SCROLLS IV -- OBLIVION

Set in a mystic land Oblivion allows players to take charge of thier very own "Medievil type" character.
When first loading into the game you are greated with the character creation screen. There are endless options to make a character look just how you want it to look. You are then Instructed through a Tutorial Dungeon, Whilst learning the plot to the game. At the end of the tutorial dungeon you are then presented with the charater class screen, Where you can choose to be a heroic warrior, A sneaky thief, Or an outright stealth Assasin.

The game is a very heavy RPG game and with that being said I would only recommend it to the Hardcore RPG fan.

Graphics: 9/10- Awsome use of modern tech. To get the game looking as sharp as it does.

Gameplay: 7/10 - The scaled leveling of creatures to your current level really lets this game down. There is no way you can go back to a starting dungeon and dominate the creatures inside as they are always kept at your characters level.

Longevity: 9.5/10- Along with an enormous Main quest, There are side quests, As well as freeform quests you can do... Waiting for people to go to sleep then breaking into thier house and robbing all thier possesions is fun. And the Assasination Guild in the game has an endless supply of Contracts for you to take care of.

Difficulty: n/a- There is an ingame option to Scale the Difficult rating of the game to your playing style... If your a hardcore Gamer then set it to max. If your a beginner to RPG type games, Set it to min.

Overall: 9/10 The scaled leveling is a pain, But the longtivity makes up for it.

This game is currently available on PC-DVD and Xbox-360.

Moejoe
27-03-06, 09:22 PM
WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Time has come, I have waited all to long to write a review for this game... If you have a family and full time job and any kind of social life My advice is to stop here and never think about this game again :) This game is Highly addictive and to the loyal followers has been renamed "World of Warcrack"

This game is a "Mass Multiplayer, Online Role Playing game" and as such does incurr a $15 a month subscription to play the game. (A small price for the nonstop entertainment it provides)

Set in the Glorious world of Azeroth Blizzards World of Warcraft takes players deep into the heart of the Warcraft Franchise.

Once you have started up the game the first choice as a player you have to make is What kind of server to play on. I will go through the server types in a minute So you can make a choice that best suits you.

firstly there is the traditional RP-realms.. (Role playing Servers. Where you act as you think your character would in the game..) Some examples would be, When chatting to another player, Do not say "Hey there Hows it hanging dude" But more like "Greetings Warrior, How goes your travels" Personaly i find these realms full of uptight people who just dont seem interested in general chit chat. (after all alot of this game is interacted with other people, So finding like minded people is priority.

Next you have the PVE realms (Player v's Environment) These servers are great if its your first time in the game, As it is strictly you against the game.. Again still based soley on interaction with other people (by this I mean in order to get some things done you will need a group to accomplish it) Although this realm type is still not my cup of tea...

Last but not least, My favorite PvPRealm (Player v's Player) Choosing a PVP realm is like getting a game and setting it to Extremly crazy hard mode, Because now not only do you have to keep an eye on the creatures you are attacking, But at any time a member of the opposing faction (factions will be mentioned in a little bit) can come up and kill you. for me this is the best server type to make a class on as it offers the most variation for the game. It is where i have leveled all my characters and will continue to do so.

Now that the realm choice is made, Its time to choose your character and "Race" World of Warcraft offers players 9 different class types over 8 different races spread amongst two facions.

First the factions. Again there is two. The HORDE and the ALLIANCE. There are no good guys or bad guys, This is just a personal choice made by the player.

Next we have the races. Firstly on the horde side we have.
-The orcs (Think of shrek and you will get an idea of what they look like)
-The trolls (Not much in way of discription thier trolls :) )
-The Undead (These are basically re-risen corpses, a fun race to play as)
-The tauren (These guys are big cows. They fit into the game lore somewhere and thier towns remind you of native American indians)

On the Alliance we have.
-Humans (Men and women, Not much explaining here)
-Gnomes (Short little guys with wackey hair do's)
-Dwarfs (My favorite race. Dont know why but My main character is a dwarf and I like them)
-Night Elves ( Just like Elves in Lord of the rings)

Now the classes. Each factions have all classes available to them bar 1 each (Shaman are Horde only) and (Paladins, Alliance Only)

*Warrior- Your general damage taker and in most cases group leader. A group cannot hope to achieve victory in a dungeon without a warrior

*Priest - Again another Essential Class to the game, As a priest your primary job is to heal dying Allies.

*mage- If you like doing damage and blowing stuff up this is for you, These guys really pack a punch.

*Warlock-Like to be in controll of demons and such, Play a warlock, Great at doing major damage with thier Damage over time spells

*Hunters-The second most popular class in the game, for the sheer simplicity and ease to level, Basically with one of these guys you can tame animals which then do mass damage for you up close while you sit back and shoot the enemy to death.

*Druid- The shape shifting class, This class is a jack of all trades class, You can heal, Do damage and run fast.

*Rogue- The most popular class in the game, You can attack enemys from stealth. Alot of good rogues are able to have thier enemy walking from the graveyard before they even know they are there.

*Paladin The holy healer/warrior class. You can do a warriors job if needed or you can do a priests job if needed, A great class built around Survivability. (Wouldn't recommend this class to a begginer, Even though thats what it was intended for)

*Shaman The powerhouse Character, These guys are the ones everyone hates, They can interupt your spells, Slow you down and also buff themselves up with the elements. A hard class to manage, But very powerfull in the hands of a great player.

After you have made your choices its now time to enter the game. you start in your respective Race town as a level one character, With aspiration to reach level 60 (an expansion is due around september when the level cap will be maxed to 70) Its now time to find quests and gain the experience you need to advance through the game.

Graphics: 9/10- Very pleasing graphics, And every zone has something that makes you think WOW look at that.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 - Very easy to learn to play, The learning curve is not hard at all.

Longevity: 10/10- 18 months of playing and i still log in everyday. (I think its more of an addiction than longevity

Difficulty: 9/10- With the pictures i will post below, You will see that organising 40 people to go to one dungeon and kill multiple bosses is no easy task, But the rewards are phenominal.

Overall:10!!! no if buts or whatever, This game just delivers, And with constant updates (One of the reasons you pay a monthly fee) its never the same.

There are other aspects of the game I have left out here, Such as the Auction houses and the Trade skills you can learn, But i'll leave all those good things for you to find yourself :)

If you do decide to pick this game up, there are over 120 different realms to choose from, But if you want a helping hand to get started out jump on the server named "Aegwynn" (Its the first in the US server lists) and look up moejoe on the alliance side. (To do that type in your chatbox "/who moejoe" and send me a message, I'll hook you up with some knowledge to get you started and on your way.

Here is a picture of me and my guild on the Aegywnn server just after we killed Ragnaros, Who is a the final boss in the epic dungeon Moltencore. Our guild was the first on the server to do this, So we all thought it Screenshot worthy :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Rankshift/RAG.jpg

Steelers
27-03-06, 09:29 PM
WORLD OF WARCRAFT

Time has come, I have waited all to long to write a review for this game... If you have a family and full time job and any kind of social life My advice is to stop here and never think about this game again :) This game is Highly addictive and to the loyal followers has been renamed "World of Warcrack"

This game is a "Mass Multiplayer, Online Role Playing game" and as such does incurr a $15 a month subscription to play the game. (A small price for the nonstop entertainment it provides)

Set in the Glorious world of Azeroth Blizzards World of Warcraft takes players deep into the heart of the Warcraft Franchise.

Once you have started up the game the first choice as a player you have to make is What kind of server to play on. I will go through the server types in a minute So you can make a choice that best suits you.

firstly there is the traditional RP-realms.. (Role playing Servers. Where you act as you think your character would in the game..) Some examples would be, When chatting to another player, Do not say "Hey there Hows it hanging dude" But more like "Greetings Warrior, How goes your travels" Personaly i find these realms full of uptight people who just dont seem interested in general chit chat. (after all alot of this game is interacted with other people, So finding like minded people is priority.

Next you have the PVE realms (Player v's Environment) These servers are great if its your first time in the game, As it is strictly you against the game.. Again still based soley on interaction with other people (by this I mean in order to get some things done you will need a group to accomplish it) Although this realm type is still not my cup of tea...

Last but not least, My favorite PvPRealm (Player v's Player) Choosing a PVP realm is like getting a game and setting it to Extremly crazy hard mode, Because now not only do you have to keep an eye on the creatures you are attacking, But at any time a member of the opposing faction (factions will be mentioned in a little bit) can come up and kill you. for me this is the best server type to make a class on as it offers the most variation for the game. It is where i have leveled all my characters and will continue to do so.

Now that the realm choice is made, Its time to choose your character and "Race" World of Warcraft offers players 9 different class types over 8 different races spread amongst two facions.

First the factions. Again there is two. The HORDE and the ALLIANCE. There are no good guys or bad guys, This is just a personal choice made by the player.

Next we have the races. Firstly on the horde side we have.
-The orcs (Think of shrek and you will get an idea of what they look like)
-The trolls (Not much in way of discription thier trolls :) )
-The Undead (These are basically re-risen corpses, a fun race to play as)
-The tauren (These guys are big cows. They fit into the game lore somewhere and thier towns remind you of native American indians)

On the Alliance we have.
-Humans (Men and women, Not much explaining here)
-Gnomes (Short little guys with wackey hair do's)
-Dwarfs (My favorite race. Dont know why but My main character is a dwarf and I like them)
-Night Elves ( Just like Elves in Lord of the rings)

Now the classes. Each factions have all classes available to them bar 1 each (Shaman are Horde only) and (Paladins, Alliance Only)

*Warrior- Your general damage taker and in most cases group leader. A group cannot hope to achieve victory in a dungeon without a warrior

*Priest - Again another Essential Class to the game, As a priest your primary job is to heal dying Allies.

*mage- If you like doing damage and blowing stuff up this is for you, These guys really pack a punch.

*Warlock-Like to be in controll of demons and such, Play a warlock, Great at doing major damage with thier Damage over time spells

*Hunters-The second most popular class in the game, for the sheer simplicity and ease to level, Basically with one of these guys you can tame animals which then do mass damage for you up close while you sit back and shoot the enemy to death.

*Druid- The shape shifting class, This class is a jack of all trades class, You can heal, Do damage and run fast.

*Rogue- The most popular class in the game, You can attack enemys from stealth. Alot of good rogues are able to have thier enemy walking from the graveyard before they even know they are there.

*Paladin The holy healer/warrior class. You can do a warriors job if needed or you can do a priests job if needed, A great class built around Survivability. (Wouldn't recommend this class to a begginer, Even though thats what it was intended for)

*Shaman The powerhouse Character, These guys are the ones everyone hates, They can interupt your spells, Slow you down and also buff themselves up with the elements. A hard class to manage, But very powerfull in the hands of a great player.

After you have made your choices its now time to enter the game. you start in your respective Race town as a level one character, With aspiration to reach level 60 (an expansion is due around september when the level cap will be maxed to 70) Its now time to find quests and gain the experience you need to advance through the game.

Graphics: 9/10- Very pleasing graphics, And every zone has something that makes you think WOW look at that.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 - Very easy to learn to play, The learning curve is not hard at all.

Longevity: 10/10- 18 months of playing and i still log in everyday. (I think its more of an addiction than longevity

Difficulty: 9/10- With the pictures i will post below, You will see that organising 40 people to go to one dungeon and kill multiple bosses is no easy task, But the rewards are phenominal.

Overall:10!!! no if buts or whatever, This game just delivers, And with constant updates (One of the reasons you pay a monthly fee) its never the same.

There are other aspects of the game I have left out here, Such as the Auction houses and the Trade skills you can learn, But i'll leave all those good things for you to find yourself :)

If you do decide to pick this game up, there are over 120 different realms to choose from, But if you want a helping hand to get started out jump on the server named "Aegwynn" (Its the first in the US server lists) and look up moejoe on the alliance side. (To do that type in your chatbox "/who moejoe" and send me a message, I'll hook you up with some knowledge to get you started and on your way.

Here is a picture of me and my guild on the Aegywnn server just after we killed Ragnaros, Who is a the final boss in the epic dungeon Moltencore. Our guild was the first on the server to do this, So we all thought it Screenshot worthy :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Rankshift/RAG.jpg

LOL all my friends play this game and this is what they can't stop talking about... and as someone who has no idea what they are talking about... it annoys me HAHA

Moejoe
27-03-06, 11:55 PM
LOL all my friends play this game and this is what they can't stop talking about... and as someone who has no idea what they are talking about... it annoys me HAHA

Go pick up a trial cd at Harvey Norman and give it a go.. All your mates should be able to point you in the right direction on how to get set up :)

Manly Boy
16-07-06, 10:55 AM
[/B]Lord of the Rings Battle for Midddle Earth 2:

Graphics[/B] 9/10
Gameplay 9.5/10
Longevity 9/10
Difficulty 9/10
Overall[/U][I] 9/10

Great game if youlike the medi-evil fantasy games...

Robbie_Dee
23-09-06, 09:57 PM
BATTLEFIELD 2

Gameplay:9/10

Difficulty: online game so its pretty hard... 9/10

Rent or buy?: buy it for sure, great game, never get sick of it

zacaroo
17-10-06, 06:58 PM
Medal Of Honour:European Assault

This was the most recently purchased game by me for my, Nintendo Gamecube. I brought it a few months ago and played it non-stop for the first week but have not really touched it since. I think that is due to the fact it is only really made as a one player game. I'll get straight into it. You have 4 differents area with anywhere from 3-4 differents little battles of WWII to fight. You start in Europe and go to Africa to fight in Egypt and such. The game is very challenging in some spots and others are fairly easy. The game has good graphics and the best MOH game I have played to date. I would only recommend hiring it as the mulitplayer battles aren't top notch. But it is still a fairly entertaining game to play.

Gameplay: 8/10

Longevity: 6/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Played the game on my: Nintendo Gamecube

Robbie_Dee
17-10-06, 10:07 PM
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

This game is bloody fantastic! I fell in love with this first person shooter the moment I fired the first bullet out of the gun. :rolleyes:

Graphics: 10/10

Gameplay: 10/10 - great gameplay! you have to lead your squad around by giving orders, If you command anything stupid, they die and you end up dying. You have to work as a team.

Longevity: 8/10

Difficulty: 10/10 - It can get really really hard at times, especially if you lose some squad members.

Overall: 9.999/10

Rent or buy?: BUY!!!!!

Played the game on my: PC, xbox/ps2 versions are pretty dodgey! On PC is fantastic!

I highly reccomend getting this game if you love fps's like myself!!!! Very tactical, great overall game.

Poida
17-10-06, 10:23 PM
Medal Of Honour:European Assault

This was the most recently purchased game by me for my, Nintendo Gamecube. I brought it a few months ago and played it non-stop for the first week but have not really touched it since. I think that is due to the fact it is only really made as a one player game. I'll get straight into it. You have 4 differents area with anywhere from 3-4 differents little battles of WWII to fight. You start in Europe and go to Africa to fight in Egypt and such. The game is very challenging in some spots and others are fairly easy. The game has good graphics and the best MOH game I have played to date. I would only recommend hiring it as the mulitplayer battles aren't top notch. But it is still a fairly entertaining game to play.

Longevity: 6/10

Overall: 7.5/10

Played the game on my: Nintendo Gamecube

yeh that game i got on ps2 but its good nevertheless

MonaroMan
18-10-06, 03:52 PM
Here is a very brief review of World of Warcraft:

Graphics: 7/10 - Kind of chunky graphics, but fairly good for its time (2004) and fairly good considering how many textures and stuff is required to make the whole World.

Gameplay: 9/10 - It's great! The only downside is that the fighting is a little "lame"

Longevity: 10/10 - This is the most addictive game ever. Once you play the game a few times, you won't be able to stop until you reach level 60 and have the full tier 3 armour from Naxxramas. I'm level 40 at the moment, and it's taken me more than two months. Apparently the time it takes to get to level 60 from level 40 is longer than it takes to get from level 1 to level 40...

Difficulty: 8/10 - It's a little hard to understand what all the buttons on the screen are for, and how to place your moves, etc into the action bars, but once you do you've pretty much got the controls mastered. Then you have got to understand the quests, the starting quests are made pretty easy for new players, but even though they are made easy, sometimes you get stuck and you have to ask other players for help.

Also, difficulty is determined by what class you are. For example, a warrior or a paladin would find soloing quests easy, because they have heavy armour and absorb more damage. If you're a mage, priest or warlock, I think it might be a little hard to solo them because they wear the weakest armour in the game, but their moves are very good.

Overall: 8.5/10

Rent or buy?: Buy for sure.

MonaroMan
18-10-06, 03:58 PM
Another brief review, this time of RL2

Graphics: 7/10 - Alright graphics, but nothing compared to other sports games like Madden and FIFA, however, they are a massive improvement over the RL1.

Gameplay: 6/10 - It can be fun, but the gameplay is VERY unrealistic. The forwards do jack all, fullbacks never score, etc. The list of unrealistic things could go on for ages. Good to see a Franchise mode in the game though.

Longevity: 4/10 - There was just something about this game that made me not playing it. Rugby League 1 was just as bad, if not worse than Rugby League 2, but I played it for AGES. I loved it, just because it was Rugby League. I thought I would feel the same way about Rugby League 2, but it just got so boring.

Difficulty: 6/10 - You get the hang of the game im fifteen minutes, then after fifty games or so, you're playing on the hardest difficulty in the game (league god) and winning by 13+ points.

Overall: 6/10

MonaroMan
18-10-06, 04:05 PM
FIFA 07:

Graphics: 9/10 - Great graphics. Great attention to detail.

Gameplay: 8/10 - Not as realistic as Pro Evolution Soccer 5, but a MASSIVE improvement over the "arcadish" style of FIFA 06.

Longevity: 8/10 - Manager mode will keep you occupied for ages, and then you have hundreds of challenges to finish which will allow you to unlock cool new things.

Difficulty: 7/10 - The default difficulty (Semi Pro) is too easy, but maybe that's because I have played the FIFA games so much. And anyway, Semi Pro will get too easy after 50 or so games, so you move up to professional, which isn't much of a step up, but lasts for another 20 games or so. I find World Class perfect for me :)

Played the game on my: Xbox

Robbie_Dee
18-10-06, 05:03 PM
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Graphics: 9/10 Fairly Decent graphics, pretty good attention to detain for the cars and the road surface.

Gameplay:8/10 Probably not as good as it could be, but thats what ya get with street racing games.

Longevity: 8/10 It's fairly addicting, although it gets a bit repetative by they end.

Difficulty:6/10 The difficulty isnt even challenging. It's so easy to win the races.

Overall: 8.5/10 Pretty good overall game if you're into street racing type games.

Robbie_Dee
18-10-06, 08:04 PM
Counter Strike 1.6

Graphics: 6/10. The graphics arent exactly the strong point to the game. They are nothing to judge the game by though. It's a really old game and is a classic.

Gameplay:9.5/10. The gameplay is definately its strong point. Great online game.

Longevity: 9.5/10. If you dont like getting addicted to games, dont play 1.6. lol. It's really addictive and is playable for ages.

Difficulty:10/10. Depending on your individual skill levels, it varies. because its an online game, the skill level is very difficult. The longer you play, the easier/more fun it gets.

Overall: 9/10. I didnt give it 10 because of its graphics. apart from that its an awesome game.

note well: It may not seem that great the first time you play it because of its graphics, but give it some time and it becomes great;)

MonaroMan
01-11-06, 07:37 PM
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6

Gameplay: 9/10
Again the gameplay has been improved over PES5. The game is now more forgiving. It is possible to make a good tackle without being pulled up, which was really annoying in previous versions. It is obviously super realistic, you can expect that in ANY Pro Evolution game, but Konami have improved the realism factor so there is more fluid attacking soccer, something which previous versions lacked. There are not many things wrong with the gameplay, I can only name one off the top of my head, and that is the limitations of the tricks and moves you can pull off, so far I have only accomplished the scissors and a 360

Graphics: 7/10
The graphics are fairly good. There is not much of an improvement between the previous version. It's good to see that they have put blurred pictures of crowds in during gameplay instead of just blank stadiums, and in the cutscenes there is more detail to the crowd. The players faces are fairly detailed, especially popular players, but some of the less-popular players don't really look like the real life counterparts. In saying this, I begin to wonder why Tim Cahill barely looks anything like he does in real life, maybe it's a player licensing thing.

Sound: 7/10
This isn't a very broad area in video games, but there are a few things I can comment on. The sound effects are great, like when you kick a ball. It sounds just as you would expect it to in real life. The commentary is really boring. A lot of boring comments are made by them, and they rarely have anything negative to say unlike in the FIFA series. The menu music is fairly boring as well.

I can't really comment on this area, because I have only had the game for two days, but just like the previous versions, I'd imagine that the editing options would keep you occupied with the game for months, and with new option files being released regularly, you can play with updated squads and kits which prevent the game from getting "old".

Difficulty: 9/10
This is a challenging game, especially if you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, I'm not, but the game is still fairly hard on "regular" difficulty (which has replaced a "3 star" difficulty from previous versions). It is difficult to have a scoreline with any more than 5 goals total, providing that the difficulty you're playing on is right for you.

Authenticity: 5/10
Just like every game in the Pro Evolution Soccer series, this is what lets the game down. There is poor licensing in the game, and I believe that is because of EA making agreements with the Premier League not to allow developers use any more than two Premier League teams in their game. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read it on PESfan forums, so I presume this is the case. Anyway, the two licensed teams from the Premier League are Manchester United (yay) and nal. I didn't really take any notice of other leagues, because after I had played a few games with Manchester United, I went and downloaded an option file which updated them. Thanks to the editing options in the game, it is possible to get the leagues with 100% correct team and player names, as well as correct kits and badges.

Overall: 8.5/10 (I didn't average the scores from the sections, this is what I would give the game overall).

Rent or buy?:
If you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, then rent it first, if not, then buy it for sure.

Played the game on my PC.

Robbie_Dee
17-11-06, 05:52 PM
FEAR - First Encounter Assault Recon

Graphics: 9.5/10. Graphics are awesome, special effects are totally out of this world! lol, It has slow motion where you can like see each individual bullet go into the enemies with blood spirting out! its quality!

Gameplay:10/10. Gameplay's awesome! Bit scary though! lol

Difficulty:9.5/10. Pretty damn hard on a high level!

Overall: 9.5/10. Its such a good game! I recommend it for anyone thats into good fps games!

Rent or buy?: Buy for sure!

Played the game on my: Computer (will only play on high quality computers, its pretty intense!)

BrisbaneBroncosRule
17-11-06, 07:26 PM
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6

Again the gameplay has been improved over PES5. The game is now more forgiving. It is possible to make a good tackle without being pulled up, which was really annoying in previous versions. It is obviously super realistic, you can expect that in ANY Pro Evolution game, but Konami have improved the realism factor so there is more fluid attacking soccer, something which previous versions lacked. There are not many things wrong with the gameplay, I can only name one off the top of my head, and that is the limitations of the tricks and moves you can pull off, so far I have only accomplished the scissors and a 360

The graphics are fairly good. There is not much of an improvement between the previous version. It's good to see that they have put blurred pictures of crowds in during gameplay instead of just blank stadiums, and in the cutscenes there is more detail to the crowd. The players faces are fairly detailed, especially popular players, but some of the less-popular players don't really look like the real life counterparts. In saying this, I begin to wonder why Tim Cahill barely looks anything like he does in real life, maybe it's a player licensing thing.

Sound: 7/10
This isn't a very broad area in video games, but there are a few things I can comment on. The sound effects are great, like when you kick a ball. It sounds just as you would expect it to in real life. The commentary is really boring. A lot of boring comments are made by them, and they rarely have anything negative to say unlike in the FIFA series. The menu music is fairly boring as well.

I can't really comment on this area, because I have only had the game for two days, but just like the previous versions, I'd imagine that the editing options would keep you occupied with the game for months, and with new option files being released regularly, you can play with updated squads and kits which prevent the game from getting "old".

Difficulty: 9/10
This is a challenging game, especially if you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, I'm not, but the game is still fairly hard on "regular" difficulty (which has replaced a "3 star" difficulty from previous versions). It is difficult to have a scoreline with any more than 5 goals total, providing that the difficulty you're playing on is right for you.

Authenticity: 5/10
Just like every game in the Pro Evolution Soccer series, this is what lets the game down. There is poor licensing in the game, and I believe that is because of EA making agreements with the Premier League not to allow developers use any more than two Premier League teams in their game. I'm not sure if this is true, but I read it on PESfan forums, so I presume this is the case. Anyway, the two licensed teams from the Premier League are Manchester United (yay) and nal. I didn't really take any notice of other leagues, because after I had played a few games with Manchester United, I went and downloaded an option file which updated them. Thanks to the editing options in the game, it is possible to get the leagues with 100% correct team and player names, as well as correct kits and badges.

Overall: 8.5/10 (I didn't average the scores from the sections, this is what I would give the game overall).

Rent or buy?:
If you are new to the Pro Evolution Soccer series, then rent it first, if not, then buy it for sure.

Played the game on my PC.

Are you playing it at the moment still? or didyou get sick of it? I am going to buy this real soon.

MonaroMan
26-11-06, 02:02 PM
Are you playing it at the moment still? or didyou get sick of it? I am going to buy this real soon.

Yep. It's the only game I play now. There has been a lot of patches released for it, when you get it, I'll link you to the best ones if you want (providing you get it on PC).

~lee~
26-11-06, 11:20 PM
Monaro Man - is Pro Evo 6 the better choice over Fifa 07?

The last Fifa i had was 05' on xbox and it was the best football game ive played by far, the speed of it was really good.

Ryan
14-12-06, 07:24 PM
If your the sort of person who likes strategy games I'd highly recommend Civilisation IV. It's a very highly in depth game that takes months before you can say you've figured it out. There are so many different ways\strategies you can use to win the game. Plus the writers of the game haved layed it out so you can modify the game to your liking. There is massive support for the game online with dedicated forums and sites.
- Many different tactics you have to master
Graphics: 8/10
- Good animations that can be easily modified by user.
Sound: 6/10
- I only listen to the SFX - don't bother about the supllied music!
- Unlimited, so many modifications you can make to the game to make it reappealing to play.
Difficulty: 10/10
- Heaps of difficulty levels that range from piss easy to almost impossible
Originality: 10/10
- You won't find another game like this

This game is only availabe on DVD for PC's. It is a very demanding game on the performance of your computer, takes a large CPU, lots of memory and HHD space and a decent video card to get the most out of this game. It took me a year before I learnt all the finer details of the game!

MonaroMan
14-12-06, 07:34 PM
Monaro Man - is Pro Evo 6 the better choice over Fifa 07?

The last Fifa i had was 05' on xbox and it was the best football game ive played by far, the speed of it was really good.

If you prefer to play soccer games on consoles, then FIFA would be a better choice, because you don't need to apply mods to make it authentic.

With PES6 you have to apply about 500mb of mods and patches made by users of various forums to make it better than FIFA.

Capital_Shark
14-12-06, 08:28 PM
Started playing The Sopranos: Road to Respect this arvo at about 3. I just finished the game about 30mins ago (8:50ish). I'm extremely disappointed to say the least. I'm not a good gamer, hopeless infact. Not sure if I've ever actually finished a game without a guide book and a page full of cheats. This thing I picked up and thought it was one of those games that slowly get into it, so the first part is like a tutorial so you work up to harder stuff. The hard stuff was coming to terms that your favourite TV show of all time just got slaughtered by a piss weak video game.

Gameplay = Crap
Graphics = Dog ugly
Sound = Surprisingly good considering they had the original actors do voices.
Longevity = I get stumped on Tetris and this thing only took 5hrs to complete FFS!
Difficulty = See above.
Originality = Mobster show turned vid game. Been a bit of a trend lately with Scarface and Godfather, one of which I will be trading this game in for tomorrow.

~lee~
17-12-06, 10:48 AM
If you prefer to play soccer games on consoles, then FIFA would be a better choice, because you don't need to apply mods to make it authentic.

With PES6 you have to apply about 500mb of mods and patches made by users of various forums to make it better than FIFA.

My brother and I decided to get PES6 on xbox 360 because our last few footy games had been the Fifa Series. On first impressions it is a very challenging game and 'regular' level will suit anyone who's played footy games before, anythign below this and you can run away with a 5-0 goal win in a 5 min game. My biggest victory is 1-0 on 'regular' level but they have been enough to gain me promotion and win a cup. I am currently playing as Chelsea or 'London FC' as they are affectionally name.

The biggest let down is the lack of the edit fuctions. Team names and transfers cannot be done on the 360 you can only edit the players.

It also appears to have a lack of 'skill', with the Fifa series you could beat a man with the right thumb stick but i am having huge problems getting by a defender, the only way i have been able to is by sprinting as fast as i can and even with that they still get you the majority of the time.

The last thing im not liking with it is the lack of 'make player off the ball run into space', at times i am attacking and there is a huge gap to the other teams defence but my winger with just stand there and there appears to be no button to send him into the space. I am aware of the through ball but anyone who plays it will know what i mean, he has to run into space so you can put him a through ball. He currently seems more interested in chatting up the ballboys on the sidelines.

Overall its a decent game and will eat away hours of your time.

Poida
03-01-07, 11:44 AM
Game:Socom 2 US Navy Seals a team based shooter with a variety of teamwork missions and covert style action.

Graphics: 8/10 Graphics are quite good.

Gameplay: 9/10 Gameplay is good, missions pose quite a challenge.

Longevity: 9/10

Difficulty: 8/10 Missions do start as quite a challege if played for the first time.

Rent or buy?:Buy

Played the game on my:Playstation 2

hugebrianfan
03-01-07, 12:24 PM
A mad game at the moment is Sims 2 Pets! I played it at my friends place and i loved it!!!

Poida
04-01-07, 03:05 PM
Game:Sly 3 Honour Among Thieves

Summary:A cartoon game involving a racoon, hippo and turtle doing various missions in different environments.

Graphics: 9/10 Nice animated cartoon graphics.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 Gameplay is good.Tasks and missions keep you occupied for hours.

Longevity: 8/10 Very big worlds with a few complicated tasks.

Difficulty: 9/10 A lot of very frustrating missions.

Overall: 9.75/10 Very good, playable cartoon game.

Ryan
04-01-07, 09:27 PM
Has anyone played 'Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater'? - PS2
Is it as good as #1 & #2?

Robbie_Dee
04-01-07, 09:35 PM
Has anyone played 'Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater'? - PS2
Is it as good as #1 & #2?yea I've played it at a mates house, it is a pretty damn good game for PS2, not quite sure what 1 and 2 were like, but i think he said it was a much better game than the previous oness;)

Coaster
04-01-07, 09:42 PM
Dead rising

Xbox 360

Ok im totally addicted to this game, if you play it on a system similar to mine, you will understand why. (50inch plus plasma with surround ect)

Killing zombies may not seem like fun, but i got right into this game, for starters, you only have to survive the 72 Game hours, so you can do whatever you want in that time as long as you survive.

But that might seem easy, but there are other survivers, and lets face it, you just cant let a 16 yrd girl be eaten by zombies now can you?

Cars, Guns, Knives, Sex, Zombies and blood what more could a boy ask for?

Totally creepy, very cool, and very addictive.

I would say buy this game, becuase its got no limitations on what you could do.

PS Turns the lights out

Ryan
04-01-07, 09:42 PM
yea I've played it at a mates house, it is a pretty damn good game for PS2, not quite sure what 1 and 2 were like, but i think he said it was a much better game than the previous oness;)
Cool, thanx :) I might go get it then!

Robbie_Dee
04-01-07, 09:45 PM
Cool, thanx :) I might go get it then!hey how much are ps2 games now??? they used to be $90 for a decent game, hav't been to a shop in ages, and i just download pc games.

Ryan
04-01-07, 09:51 PM
hey how much are ps2 games now??? they used to be $90 for a decent game, hav't been to a shop in ages, and i just download pc games.
Dunno, havn't bought one for awhile, havn't even played my PS2 for awhile. I've been buying PC games. I've been kinda holding off for PS3.

MonaroMan
04-01-07, 09:53 PM
GAME: WII SPORTS

The gameplay is simple, great, and pure fun! 90% of the controls are made by the Wii Remote, and this what would be a boring game into a game that could last hours on end. It is especially fun when you have two or more people playing, and the more the better. It is a great party game!

Not exactly the strong point of the game, but there are some pretty textures here and there. In one of the golf training sessions, the water looks absolutely amazing! (the one with the two islands that look like a dart board for people who are familiar with the game). Some textures look a little corny though, and other things just don't look right, e.g, in boxing where the gloves just rocket away from your body because the Mii's don't have arms, just hands.

Sound: 8/10
Most of the sound is good and appropriate. A lot of sounds come out through the nice little speaker on the Wii remote, which is cool. However, just like the graphics, some things just don't seem right, e.g, the main menu music sounds like music from an alien invasion game, and in boxing the dodging sounds that come out of the Wii Remote sounds like waves at the beach.

Controls: 9/10
I think all Wii games should get a rating for controls. The controls are great! This game would be fairly boring on the GameCube, but Wii the controls bring it to life! There is one small flaw in the putting in golf though, it just doesn't seem as responsive, especially when you're close to the hole and you just want to tap it in, the control doesn't pick up the small movements, and you need a little more force to get the stick to move enough to hit the ball. Sometimes when you apply that force (and only sometimes, you end up sending the ball jumping over the hole and it gets kind of frustrating when you do it.

Longetivity: 7/10
I'm pretty sure that this game was intended as a demonstration of the abilities of the Wii Remote, so I would have given it a 9 or 10 if I would have taken this into account. However, I have to be fair on other games. Wii Sports is fun for the first week or two, but after than, you'll probably spend no more then half an hour on it per day, unless you have friends over and you're having a competition!

Difficulty
I can't really give this a rating out of 10, because each sport varies in difficulty. You basically pick up the game and after about playing each sport a few times, you should have mastered the basics. To get really good, there is 15 different training sessions you can do, 3 for each sport.

OVERALL: 8/10
Wii Sports is a great game, very playable and intuitive, and is great fun for when you have some friends over!

~lee~
05-01-07, 02:43 AM
There is one small flaw in the putting in golf though, it just doesn't seem as responsive, especially when you're close to the hole and you just want to tap it in, the control doesn't pick up the small movements, and you need a little more force to get the stick to move enough to hit the ball. Sometimes when you apply that force (and only sometimes, you end up sending the ball jumping over the hole and it gets kind of frustrating when you do it.

Im glad you mentioned that because that is the only thing that lets golf down, you can do awesome shots to make it 0.5 from the hole and then drop a shot because you cant just tap it in.

aspher
06-01-07, 10:44 AM
Game:Sly 3 Honour Among Thieves

Summary:A cartoon game involving a racoon, hippo and turtle doing various missions in different environments.

Graphics: 9/10 Nice animated cartoon graphics.

Gameplay: 9.5/10 Gameplay is good.Tasks and missions keep you occupied for hours.

Longevity: 8/10 Very big worlds with a few complicated tasks.

Difficulty: 9/10 A lot of very frustrating missions.

Overall: 9.75/10 Very good, playable cartoon game.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting to purchase this game, Harvey Norman have it for $15. I picked up a copy myself. Sly games are immensely enjoyable.

Poida
06-01-07, 11:08 AM
Game: Rugby League 2

Graphics: 7/10 Not the best graphics going around but pretty good.

Gameplay: 6/10 Gameplay can get frustrating when wingers always stand in touch.

Longevity: 8/10 Franchise mode will keep entertained for days.

Difficulty: 9/10 League god and Legend pose a real challenge.

Overall: 7/10 Overall a good game to play with a few minor flaws.

Rent or buy?:Rent at first to see what it's like.

aspher
22-03-07, 08:41 PM
Game: Burnout Dominator

Graphics: 7/10. It's standard for a racing game. Sometimes the graphics, particularly the lens flare, impede the race because it makes it hard to see traffic, but it looks good for a PS2 game.

Game play: 9/10. Burnout IS game play. It's one of the better racing franchises around. This version is more of a mash of previous versions in an attempt to tide fans over until Burnout 5. Gone is Crash Mode and online Multiplayer, but Burnouts are back! You can even string multiple burnouts together for rush of speed. The game's sense of speed is quite well done.

(Note: Burnouts is basically a boost. There's a boost bar at the bottom of the screen which slowly builds when you: drive towards on-coming traffic, hit opponents/cause them to crash [called a takedown in the game], drifting etc. Once the bar is full, it goes from orange to blue. When it's blue and you're boosting, you can fill up the bar again for another burnout. String them together for more points and a greater lead)

There's 88 challenges all up. Racing, drifting, boosting challenges are included. You complete these to unlock new cars, new classes, earn achievements.

There's also another mode which allows you to complete achievements with time trial, racing etc.

Longevity: 6/10. I read somewhere that some guy completed it in 20 hours so it's not that long, but it's a racer so the longevity is popping the disc in on a rainy day and giving it a whirl.

Difficulty: 5/10. It's quite easy but there's some challenging sections.

Overall: 27/40. Above average.

Played on: PS2.

Note: The price of this game is as low as $39 (RRP $50) so it's well worth it.

Poida
22-03-07, 08:43 PM
Game: Burnout Dominator

Graphics: 7/10. It's standard for a racing game. Sometimes the graphics, particularly the lens flare, impede the race because it makes it hard to see traffic, but it looks good for a PS2 game.

Game play: 9/10. Burnout IS game play. It's one of the better racing franchises around. This version is more of a mash of previous versions in an attempt to tide fans over until Burnout 5. Gone is Crash Mode and online Multiplayer, but Burnouts are back! You can even string multiple burnouts together for rush of speed. The game's sense of speed is quite well done.

(Note: Burnouts is basically a boost. There's a boost bar at the bottom of the screen which slowly builds when you: drive towards on-coming traffic, hit opponents/cause them to crash [called a takedown in the game], drifting etc. Once the bar is full, it goes from orange to blue. When it's blue and you're boosting, you can fill up the bar again for another burnout. String them together for more points and a greater lead)

There's 88 challenges all up. Racing, drifting, boosting challenges are included. You complete these to unlock new cars, new classes, earn achievements.

There's also another mode which allows you to complete achievements with time trial, racing etc.

Longevity: 6/10. I read somewhere that some guy completed it in 20 hours so it's not that long, but it's a racer so the longevity is popping the disc in on a rainy day and giving it a whirl.

Difficulty: 5/10. It's quite easy but there's some challenging sections.

Overall: 27/40. Above average.

Played on: PS2.

Note: The price of this game is as low as $39 (RRP $50) so it's well worth it.

Whats that game like?
I have Burnout 3 but never played that or Revenge?

aspher
22-03-07, 09:07 PM
It's more of a throwback to the first two Burnouts. The focus is mostly on racing, and fast speed. There's still elements of the newer games such as the takedowns.

I don't know if a person who has only played Burnout 3 will like it. If you enjoy fast speed racing games. Go for it. You might be better suited buying Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition which is only $30. It's a street racing game (you can upgrade and purchase vehicles).

I guess there would be two crowds for Burnout Dominator.

The originals: People who enjoyed the first couple. These people will love Burnout Dominator.

The newies: People who like the newer games. These people probably won't enjoy Burnout Dominator as much as the first group.

It's still a very fun racer and it's priced right. If you have some spare cash and want something to buy, give it a go. If not, definitely rent it first. Video Ezy should have a copy.

It's not a full blooded entry into the Burnout franchise hence the cheaper price. It's just a game to tide over fans of the series while they wait for Burnout 5. Does it stand up as a stand alone game? Certainly. Is it fully features? Not at all. Is it fun? Hell yes!

GCT_91
31-01-09, 01:55 PM
Resitance

Longevity: 9/10

Rent or buy?: buy (renting it would be a tease)

Played the game on my: PS3

Super Cronk
31-01-09, 05:06 PM
metal gear solid 4

Difficulty: 7/10 (easy mode)

Overall: 10/10

Played the game on my: ps3

best game ive ever played...its amazing.

Ryan
31-01-09, 05:50 PM
metal gear solid 4

Difficulty: 7/10 (easy mode)

Overall: 10/10

Played the game on my: ps3

best game ive ever played...its amazing.
Thats good to know. I'm a big fan of the MGS series, it'll be the first game I buy with the PS3 when I get one.....

Super Cronk
31-01-09, 08:51 PM
yeha mate...ive never actually played the series...lol ive seen it being played by mates but never had a crack so i had an idea of the whole mgs story and decided to buy mgs 4.... this game is just unbelievable...no wonder it was voted best game of 08.

the only gripe i would say about it is...that the cut scenes or movie scenes are very VERY long...not sure if thats how it is in the earlier games...but deadset at times they go for just under 30 mins! seriously....but other then that everything is superb...the ending is awesome and has you on the edge of your seat.

also dead space is another awesome ps3 game...i rank it second to mgs4. that game is definately worth buying aswell.

Ryan
31-01-09, 10:03 PM
yeha mate...ive never actually played the series...lol ive seen it being played by mates but never had a crack so i had an idea of the whole mgs story and decided to buy mgs 4.... this game is just unbelievable...no wonder it was voted best game of 08.

the only gripe i would say about it is...that the cut scenes or movie scenes are very VERY long...not sure if thats how it is in the earlier games...but deadset at times they go for just under 30 mins! seriously....but other then that everything is superb...the ending is awesome and has you on the edge of your seat.

also dead space is another awesome ps3 game...i rank it second to mgs4. that game is definately worth buying aswell.
Yeah, the cinematics get a bit like that when all you want to do is play on........
The game has been partmovie\partgame through the whole series, since PS1 days.

Last I heard they were actually making a real movie based on the game.

Boofhead
31-01-09, 11:32 PM
Red Alert 3

Graphics: 8/10

Longevity: 7/10

Difficulty: 8/10 (easy mode)

Rent or buy?: N/A.

For any old school Red Alert fans, you will not be dissapointed. A very well put together RTS. There is also a new race you can go, the Japs!

DIEHARD
01-02-09, 03:31 AM
Sounds awesome, the original Red Alert was amazing!