PDA

View Full Version : Southern Legion Rnd 5: Parra Eels v Titans @ Parra Stadium (11 April)

BringBackWillie
30-03-08, 09:57 PM
With their present away record the TITANS need your support and in force down south at Parramatta Stadium on Friday night, 11 April.

Kickoff is at 7:30pm.

The Southern Legion will be assembling in the Northern Terrace in sections 58 or 59, which is the NE corner. This is all General Admission so hopefully we can get more Titans supporters together for this game.

There will be a couple of us there from about 6pm-ish barring spots for us so if you are intending to come, please let us know in advance so we can save you a spot too!

DIEHARD
30-03-08, 10:08 PM
Come on Sydney Titans fans, this is your chance to be part of the Southern Legion!

Be part of the fun and more importantly we need your support!

Steve
30-03-08, 10:15 PM
Yeah!
There seems to be plenty of posters on the forum from down south. And I can vouch for the Southern Legion being a friendly lot.

Get stuck in!

kwigibo
30-03-08, 11:45 PM
You reckon if I put a big Jetstar logo on my flag we can get sponsored airfares for a roving legion to reinforce our southern comrades? ;)

Big J
01-04-08, 03:08 PM
The one game I was looking forward to more than anything due to it being close to my house and my hatred for Parramatta and their supporters (including a lot of my mates) and my wife reminds me that we will be attending a wedding in Wollongong.

Seriously, who gets married on a freakin Friday??!!

BringBackWillie
02-04-08, 08:48 PM
You reckon if I put a big Jetstar logo on my flag we can get sponsored airfares for a roving legion to reinforce our southern comrades? ;)

Try lobbying Jetstar... you never know!

Steve
02-04-08, 09:57 PM
The one game I was looking forward to more than anything due to it being close to my house and my hatred for Parramatta and their supporters (including a lot of my mates) and my wife reminds me that we will be attending a wedding in Wollongong.

Seriously, who gets married on a freakin Friday??!!

Hire a stand in husband to go to the wedding with your wife, and you can go to the game. :D

Timmy Titans
02-04-08, 09:59 PM
Hire a stand in husband to go to the wedding with your wife, and you can go to the game. :D

I never knew you could get them . . LOL :D :D :D

Big J
03-04-08, 11:11 AM

Love the idea Steve but I'm afraid if I do it once that it will be like Pringles and I won't be able to stop!!!!!!

BringBackWillie
06-04-08, 09:13 PM
Hey all Sydney-residing Titans fans!

Your turn has come to help the Titans get rid of their away-loss curse.

Join us in the NE section of Parra Stadium (General Admin) for the game this Friday night!!!

And remember, don't forget to introduce yourselves!

patskE
06-04-08, 09:26 PM
iam keen to go aye
few mates who are mad parra supporters
just its a friday night n i dont know if i can make it due to work
iam a fridgey(do mosty pub's n stuff) so friday seems to be bzy for us trying to fix stuff b4 the weekend, ie pub's with no beer n stuff
but yeh if i finish in time ill be there in my titans singlet n bucket hat ahah
hopefully cya there! CARN THE TITANS

DIEHARD
06-04-08, 10:19 PM
Its so important we back up our Titans away from home. We need to win those games on the road and we need our fans to get to the games and support our boys! :thumbsup:

Titanium_BD1103
12-04-08, 12:01 AM
Well done to everyone in the Southern Legion tonight.. you all did a great job and whilst I found it hard to hear you from where I was... I did hear you when I moved away from there, which means you must have been quite loud and quite proud... :)

To answer the question of where was I... well as much as would have loved to have sat with you... I couldn't pass up the corporate seating which my friends got for the night.. but you'll all be pleased to know, I sat in my Titans jersey in a sea of Parra supporters... :D

But yes, well done Southern Legion, another fine effort and hope to be able to make the game against the Tigers with you all... sadly I'm interstate for the game vs the Knights.. :(

dee13
12-04-08, 07:47 AM
I spoke to my son last night who was over the moon about our win. It turns out he was sitting right next to the Southern Legion. He had a great night and was very impressed with the support our boys got down there.

Keep up the good work Southern Legion.

C-Whiz
12-04-08, 09:56 AM
I spoke to my son last night who was over the moon about our win. It turns out he was sitting right next to the Southern Legion. He had a great night and was very impressed with the support our boys got down there.

Keep up the good work Southern Legion.

Nice one! It's easy to forget how important that away support can be. Well done to the crew down South. You were part of Titans history last night! The win that put us on the top of the ladder! :salute:

hully gully
12-04-08, 01:02 PM
congratulations s .legion must have been a great night down there you were seen with your enter th titans banner ,iam sure i could also hear titans being chanted well done, as for players of the round can't we just give them all 3 this week...

BringBackWillie
12-04-08, 02:19 PM
Thanks guys - it was a great night for the Southern Legion as we had some of our regulars back in action and apparently we even managed to be heard!

It's always difficult to be part of an away team in Sydney but those who attended should stand proud for their efforts. It was shameful to see the group of young Parra locals (not even in jerseys :fight: ) who tried to come down and start a fight with one of the Titans crew for no apparent reason. Even their own Parra supporters thought they were pathetic... and it eventually saw security remove them from the grounds.

Nevertheless, it was certainly a great game by the Titans although not seeing the replay screen was a bit frustrating (which Parra architect thought it was smart to put the screen behind the stadium stands? :dizzy: ) It was nailbiting, full of drama and then full of celebration! We haven't seen them win away since June last year so hopefully the boys have now turned the corner and more of the Sydney-based Titans fans can join us for the next away games!

Dee - didn't actually meet your son but was he part of the group that came by after the game to join in the celebrations?

After the game, we congratulated the players and it was hilarious when the Titans bus was about to leave without Preston (who was busy mingling with family, friends and fans - as he always gratefully does). We reminded the management team about him and then when Preston finally boarded, the bus drove off and we waved the boys on.

Next thing we see, Anthony Laffranchi and Mark Minichello emerge chasing after the bus! And so the Southern Legion came to their rescue by calling the Titans management who had to stop the bus and come back to collect them (much to the delight of the footy manager and much to the laughter of the rest of their team-mates on the bus). Laffranchi and Minichello got a nice entourage of Titans fans who kindly walked them back safely to their bus ;)

A great night all round!