PDA

View Full Version : NRL: Knights discuss Hagan's future

DeeGan
22-11-05, 10:57 AM
Knights discuss Hagan's future
November 21, 2005

NEWCASTLE coach Michael Hagan is set to discuss his future with the club over the next 48 hours, with rumours linking him to Parramatta in 2007.

Hagan has one year remaining on his contract at the Knights after enduring a horror 2004 season.

The Knights won the wooden spoon for the first time in the club's history and he quit as coach of the Queensland State of Origin team after losing the series 2-1 to New South Wales.

But Hagan is being hunted by Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald, Channel 9 has reported.

The Eels last week announced coach Brian Smith's services would not be required when his contract ends next year and are already looking for a replacement.

Hagan has denied talking with the Eels but chairman Mike Tyler said the board would discuss the matter and resolve the situation quickly.

"We don't really know what Hages thoughts are as far as his own future is concerned," Tyler said on Nine.

"We have not had the chance to sit down and talk about it so all will be revealed in the near future."

Reuters

I know this much - I don't think you will see Brian Smith at the helm of Newcastle IF Michael Hagan was to move on.

Andrew Johns and Smith don't see eye to eye on a couple of things though I believe their 'fued' if thats what you call it has simmered a little :laugh:

DeeGan

PARANoIR
22-11-05, 11:19 PM
Last I heard was Parramatta were going to give Jason Tayler as run as head coach? Why dump one bloke that does nothing right, and then employ another bloke that can only coach a football team with the best player in the world in it, and when hes not there, the team is useless.