PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever hated a Titans player?

Timmy Titans
20-03-08, 05:40 PM
Nice and simple question really

I hated scott prince when he kicked a feild goal against my old team the bulldogs to win the match for the tigers :fight:

But i like him now, obviously

dee13
20-03-08, 05:44 PM
Nice and simple question really

I hated scott prince when he kicked a feild goal against my old team the bulldogs to win the match for the tigers :fight:

But i like him now, obviously

Its not that I hated him. More like, I didn't think much of him. Luke Bailey, when he was with St. George. I now love the guy. He is one of the best forwards in the NRL.

It was the same with Gordon Tallis when he was with St. George. I didn't like him at all. It wasn't until he moved to the Broncos that I realised how good he was.

DIEHARD
20-03-08, 06:52 PM
I did hate Titans players. Usually because they broke the hearts of a team I was following or was a rival for a favourite player for a rep position.

But I usually wisen up...but usually after they retire. I used to hate Brad Fittler now I worship him. I used to hate tawera nikau, now he is a champion.

As for Titans players... pretty much the only one is Luke Bailey. He was a member of many Dragons and NSW teams that destroyed teams I supported.

But I really got to see Luke Bailey for the legend he really was, not only a tireless warrior but a player of incredible fortitude and footballing brilliance.

Interesting question Timmy but I reckon our NSW fans will have a lot more players to hate. :tongue:

Steve
20-03-08, 06:58 PM
Can't say I ever hated any of them.

No real ex Broncos or Rorters (I see Harrison more as a bunny), so no one to hate. :D

Dummy Half
20-03-08, 07:08 PM
I hated Brad Meyers

One of the worst players to ever lace up a boot.
No exaggeration. :nope:
-

Chaos
20-03-08, 07:43 PM
Maybe the title should be...do you now like a Titan player that you once disliked?

RichOs69
20-03-08, 09:51 PM
I HATE ALL THE BLUES...GODAM COCROACHES

QUEENSLANDER
If they pull a Titans jersey on though, then all the hate would disappear

TITAN PETE
21-03-08, 12:35 AM
This is an easy ask for me Chris Walker when he played for the Morrons :eyebrows:

After having a chat with him last year i think very differently now !

Waz
21-03-08, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a lot of dislike for Carney last year hate's a strong word tho.

GCT_89
21-03-08, 10:52 AM
well i dont think i have.........

ive always been a fan of 'the prince' & 'rat' also enjoyed watching 'sideshow' play for the eels too.......

i can say now that i am not a fan of steve turner brian carney and richie mathers........... loyalty is what the titans are about and i 'dislike' those players for lacking those qualities........

Timmy Titans
21-03-08, 11:03 AM
Richie Mathers just felt homesick and he didn't like it in AUS

Anyway he still played a full year here

GCT_89
21-03-08, 11:26 AM
I dont care, he didnt stick out his contract...... there seems to be an issue with some players they dont understand the meaning or purpose of a contract.....

plus anyone who doesnt like it in Australia doesnt deserve to be here anyways........ plus i think it had alot to do with his partner being homesick too.......

either way he bailed out on the Titans.....so im now not a fan of him......great player just not a fav of mine now......

Chaos
21-03-08, 02:44 PM
I think Richie Mathers did us favour by leaving.

But I do class Turner as an enemy...I hope the boys bash him every time he plays against us.

vanilla
21-03-08, 05:57 PM
I hated Brad Meyers

One of the worst players to ever lace up a boot.
No exaggeration. :nope:
-

AWTA. Meyers along with Luke Swain and Smith Samau are among the worst players to ever play in the NRL imo. Cartwright should just take them out the back one night with a shotgun and put them to sleep.

patskE
21-03-08, 06:43 PM
yeh, i only h8 the players who hvnt preformed well for us
paea, samu thats about it ahah
i wanted to se wat mathers was like, we never saw him preform as well as he could, would of taken a year or 2,i guess his gf must of been a ***** to have no friends n not like it here
ahaha :D
guess he was jsut whipped
he was paying the bills, she should of stuck it out for him casue it was wat he wanted to do, he wanted to prove to himself he could play in the nrl n make it, he said that in a article, but i guess he failed

C-Whiz
21-03-08, 07:08 PM
Getting technical, most of the players weren't Titans when you hated them, so they don't count!;)

I'm with GCT, it's the ones who signed up and pulled out without fullfilling their duties that I have no time for.

Agree with Chaos, we should give Turner something special each time we play him. He's a dog! But I think living in Melbourne is punishment enough. :D

BringBackWillie
23-03-08, 12:10 PM
I've never liked Chris Walker. Had caused the Broncos too much grief out on the wings during his days there - considered him a winging timebomb (on and off the field)

Paul
23-03-08, 01:14 PM
I think it's harsh on Mathers. Sometimes things happen in your personal life which are more important than footy, I'm sure he had no intentions of ending with the titans the way he did but you can't always foresee things in the future.

Turner on the other hand is a scumbag with the way he acted and I hope someone like Cannings smashes him when we play Melbourne

Dragons
23-03-08, 08:22 PM
Its not that I hated him. More like, I didn't think much of him. Luke Bailey, when he was with St. George. I now love the guy. He is one of the best forwards in the NRL.

It was the same with Gordon Tallis when he was with St. George. I didn't like him at all. It wasn't until he moved to the Broncos that I realised how good he was.

So you hate St. George? :p

MPS
24-03-08, 07:59 AM
Chris Walker - always thought he was crap and I still do. Titans need to wash their hands of this guy. He is taking up space under the cap. He is also costing the club extra money for rehab for his alcohol/depression aswell as injury costs. The guy can't play, all he has is speed (so did Shane Wheret from Easts). Speed isn't everything. He is a walking headline. Every blooper reel they play that has Walker crossing the line in Broncos colours, posing for a try and then promptly dropping the ball makes me laugh every time I see it. Please Titans, cut your losses and look to spend your coin somewhere else.

Dummy Half
24-03-08, 12:13 PM
Cartwright should just take them out the back one night with a shotgun and put them to sleep.
Smartest thing I've heard in a long time.
How Meyers made his local Under 8s team let alone an NRL team is beyond me!
And don't even get me started on the Worst Decision Ever Made In The History Of Time,
On This Planet Or Any Other Planet In The Universe.
Which is of course his selection in the Australian team......:( :nope:
May God have mercy on our souls
-

hully gully
24-03-08, 01:13 PM
STEVE TURNER, turned out top class performance last season,for his abillity he gains respect for going back on a deal just a dog, your word is your bond....

Throb
24-03-08, 10:06 PM
Chris Walker - always thought he was crap and I still do. Titans need to wash their hands of this guy. He is taking up space under the cap. He is also costing the club extra money for rehab for his alcohol/depression aswell as injury costs. The guy can't play, all he has is speed (so did Shane Wheret from Easts). Speed isn't everything. He is a walking headline. Every blooper reel they play that has Walker crossing the line in Broncos colours, posing for a try and then promptly dropping the ball makes me laugh every time I see it. Please Titans, cut your losses and look to spend your coin somewhere else.

Walker is not really taking up space under the cap. He is largely on an incentive contract - if he doesn't play, he does not get paid... much. The bloke is prob doing it pretty tough at present.

chop76
24-03-08, 10:19 PM
I don't hate the guy cos i've never met him, but I always thought Gavin Cooper was pretty over-rated.

Big J
25-03-08, 10:53 AM
Matt Petersen, Brett Delaney, Luke O'Dwyer, Aaron Cannings. Anyone sensing a link......

bigjim
25-03-08, 11:32 AM
Not really interested in bagging any Titan player for whatever reason.

They are now committed Titans, that's all I really care about.

It's like when your wife asks you if you loved anyone as much as her before you got married. The answer is, definately NO.

craigyd
25-03-08, 01:26 PM
it seems to be more who do we think is overated in the titans than who do we hate.
for me Cannings has done nothing in the time he has been on the field for us.
big,slow and way too predictable,hence the reason eels had no reason to keep him there,pretty much happened with Donnelly last year,we buy him from Storm who didnt want him.i realise we needed size in the pack but unfortunately the 2 guys in question have size and thats about it.
And i hate too say it but Preston Campbell is now past his used by date and everytime the ball goes near him my heart is in my mouth,he played with no confidence in round 1 and made mistakes all night long,round 2 he played well and attacked well,but he has no spark left,
The commentators always tell us to watch out for the Preston magic but in a season and 2 rounds of watching every titans game i am yet to see any magic.

DIEHARD
25-03-08, 07:18 PM
I'd like to remind people to keep their comments either well articulated or constructive. The Titans forum isn't gripe central and it isn't a platform for sticking the boot into anyone, if you want to do that do it elsewhere.

Already a lot of silly comments have been removed and others are being reviewed. Please don't add to them or we will be forced to shut down the thread and focus on something more positive.

Titans Rock
25-03-08, 07:20 PM
nope but i loved matt rogers for that tackle he did to save the game against Newcastle :D

TITAN PETE
25-03-08, 08:32 PM
I'd like to remind people to keep their comments either well articulated or constructive. The Titans forum isn't gripe central and it isn't a platform for sticking the boot into anyone, if you want to do that do it elsewhere.

Already a lot of silly comments have been removed and others are being reviewed. Please don't add to them or we will be forced to shut down the thread and focus on something more positive.

Shut it down mate & replace the current Halves :fight:

dean
25-03-08, 11:14 PM

Good call Diehard, point taken!!!

Truth is that i don't like this thread at all. Leaves criticism wide open for certain individuals who's only agenda is to stir the pot. I'll admit that i am a sucker and took the bait hook line and sinker. Won't happen again. Nuff Said!!!!

bigjim
26-03-08, 11:42 AM
These type of threads do nothing to elevate, support or promote team spirit. Shut them all down.

If not, we might end up with something like Bronco HQ after a few losses.