PDA

View Full Version : New Titans Mascot

DIEHARD
06-03-08, 09:55 AM
Are You the New Titans Mascot??

http://www.rugby13.org/pics/newmascot.jpg

On Friday March 14th the Jetstar Titans will run out on to Skilled Park for their first NRL game and their new mascot will be unveiled. With his agility speed and tricks, he?ll dazzle the crowd and lead the Titans into battle.

We are looking for a talented performer to fill the shoes of our new mascot. Please find attached the talent brief and details on required skills, attributes and personality. If you think you have what it takes to get the fans cheering at all the Jetstar Titans home games this year, come along to our try outs on MONDAY 10th MARCH to be held in the Runaway Bay area.

Register your attendance ASAP and get all the details by contacting Ashleigh on (07) 55 810 150 or ashleigh.mcnamara@titans.com.au.

Name the new mascot to win Jetstar Titans tickets and the chance to run out with him at Skilled Park for Round 1!!

Measuring over 2m tall and weighing over 100kg the new mascot needs a powerful, yet sharp and witty name that Jetstar Titans fans will shout out from the stands! The Gold Coast Bulletin is giving you the chance to name the mascot and if your suggestion is selected you will WIN 4 TICKETS (2 Adults and 2 Juniors) to the Round 1 Titans v Cowboys clash on Friday March 14th, 2008 and WILL GET TO RUN OUT ON TO THE FIELD WITH THE MASCOT as he is announced to the roaring Jetstar Titans fans at Skilled Park!!

Grab your copy of the Gold Coast Bulletin this Friday or Saturday, 7th and 8th March, and complete the entry form to be in the draw to win!

All entries must be received by 4pm Wednesday, 12th March.

Source: Titans

GCT_89
06-03-08, 10:33 AM
captain charger?
is that you?

haha....sorry but from the shadow, this guy looks ridiculous!.... I want blade back........

DIEHARD
06-03-08, 10:55 AM
haha....sorry but from the shadow, this guy looks ridiculous!.... I want blade back........

Don't worry GCT 89, Blade isn't going anywhere, this is just his new partner in crime. Both Blade and the new mascot will be stalking the sidelines supporting the Titans and keeping fans entertained and voicetrous.

It's a bit hard to tell what we are in for, I don't think you can have much of a go at the silhouette. It looks like a warrior with a Titanesque helment with a cape.

Any one have any idea for names?

If you do tell us about them and submit them to the competition to name the new mascot!

We have a name the mascot thread back when we were discussing what Blade should be called, so it might be interesting to reflect on it. It's from all the way back in 2006.

http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=2031

DIEHARD
06-03-08, 11:06 AM
I still suggest Spartacus. The ultimate Gladiator!

Also it was funny 2 years ago so, let me present my concept for the new mascot!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/gimmick.jpg

TITAN PETE
06-03-08, 04:19 PM
captain charger?
is that you?

Captain Charger has been with the Titans since the 1st match , if you take his mask off it is Paul Gayle !!!!

I think differently in that i don't like the Bigger Mascots i'd prefer a more athletic dude who could jump the fence to beat up the Flea's throwing Shyte at him :p

Tamwelg
06-03-08, 04:21 PM
I think differently in that i don't like the Bigger Mascots i'd prefer a more athletic dude who could jump the fence to beat up the Flea's throwing Shyte at him :p

Someone with a lot of energy bouncing all over the place will be great, we can't forget about the original and trusty mascot in Blade/Dee.

dee13
06-03-08, 05:11 PM
A partner in crime on the sidelines sounds like alot of fun to me. It will be a bit like the 2 Buck mascots at the Broncos.

BringBackWillie
06-03-08, 08:36 PM
Whoohoooo - more mascots photos for me!

Great to hear Blade won't be substituted too

~lee~
06-03-08, 09:11 PM
I reckon its going to be female so i say Bladette :D

TITAN PETE
06-03-08, 09:20 PM

Now that may just work if she is wearing a top like Maddona did with the rather large Points ;)

Dragons
06-03-08, 10:14 PM
Now that may just work if she is wearing a top like Maddona did with the rather large Points ;)

Or like Janette Jackson did with the superbowl. :)

dee13
06-03-08, 10:21 PM
Or like Janette Jackson did with the superbowl. :)

Im a married mascot now. I can't go tearing off Bladettes top in the pregame show.:D

DIEHARD
07-03-08, 07:57 AM
Remember to get a copy of today or tomorrow's Gold Coast Bulletin so you can get the entry form and submit your name for the new Titans mascot!

Grab your copy of the Gold Coast Bulletin this Friday or Saturday, 7th and 8th March, and complete the entry form to be in the draw to win!

All entries must be received by 4pm Wednesday, 12th March.

Any new suggestions?

dee13
07-03-08, 07:14 PM
Any new suggestions?

YEAH.... Junior:D

C-Whiz
08-03-08, 09:16 AM
Remember to get a copy of today or tomorrow's Gold Coast Bulletin so you can get the entry form and submit your name for the new Titans mascot!

Any new suggestions?

Well, I know you like Spartacus, but it's been done.
Then there was Maximus, from Gladiator, so that's been done.
I guess the next option is "Try-to-us". :p

Just kidding folks, but I thought it was funny.

BTW, I like the idea of having a big powerful dude representing for us. I always thought we could do with a second LEGION of muscled up warriors, not just the ones we already have in bay 30, but marching together around the field, sort of like a male version of the Titanettes. Something for the ladies. But this seems like a good balance, between hulking BLADE and nimble warrior.

kwigibo
08-03-08, 12:40 PM
I guess the next option is "Try-to-us". :p

Try-ton (Triton) the Titan? Might even get a new automotive sponsor out of it. ;)

Tamwelg
10-03-08, 06:35 PM
Just saw on the news that only 6 people tried out and they show the winner spinning aroung with some legion swords.

travop
10-03-08, 06:42 PM

thats wat i was thinking aswell

dee13
10-03-08, 06:49 PM
Just saw on the news that only 6 people tried out and they show the winner spinning aroung with some legion swords.

That is pretty dissapointing turnout when you consider the advertising that went into this. It probably should have been done late afternoon or last weekend if you think about it. How many people would have missed out because of work.

Steve
10-03-08, 07:08 PM
It was very short notice too. And it seems they actually wanted someone who can dance and is acrobatic/athletic. Offering tickets but no pay, they instantly reduce the field of potentials to a very small group. A lot of people just aren't going to be available for every game and on call for promo work.

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 03:04 AM
http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/14/29031.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/14/29021.jpg

Here is a picture from the Bulletin photo gallery.

~lee~
15-03-08, 03:17 AM
http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/14/29031.jpg

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/14/29021.jpg

Here is a picture from the Bulletin photo gallery.

they're not showing up for me.

The Jackal
15-03-08, 08:17 AM
I didnt like the new mascot at all. He looked like a whimp compared to Blade.
When he came out onto the field all the guys around us were calling out to get the new " Titanette" off the field and for the return of Blade...it was hilarious.
He did nothing to energise the crowds at all. I know they didnt have much to choose from with only 6 people showing up for auditions but it was a pretty poor effort. And wheres the dance moves they were looking for? Not exactly what you would think a TITAN would move like.Bit too girly.

I know its not the new guys fault ,but the suit looks like a halloween costume, definately not something that has the look that the opposition should be fearing !! Its like Blades had all the air sucked out of his suit..:D Hes like Blades dorky sidekick. Who knows, he might improve but the costumes gotta go.

Also, whats with the crappy Temple of Boom name for the stadium? Colluseum is definately a better choice for it. Temple of Boom makes it sound like a StripClub :) . Nobody in our section was getting into the "War Cry" bit.

Bring Blade back to the sidelines , both the older and younger crowds love him, rename the stadium The Colluseum and the next game will go off even more.

Paul
15-03-08, 08:39 AM
He looked like Michael Jackson with those dance moves:D . Everyone around me was in stitches that as soon as he came out the cameras went off him and they showed some ads on the big screen.

The Jackal
15-03-08, 09:02 AM
Michael Jackson....thats funny....I mean , no offense to the new guy. He would have been nervous as hell, but you'd think the co-ordinators would have told him to be a bit buff..lol

And I cant believe the huge intro they gave him. They were making this big deal about him and giving the big wind-up then out runs this piddly looking wanna-be. Blade has always and will always get a bigger and better crowd response.
Did you see him outside the stadium pre-game? He was getting mobbed by everyone, from all ages wanting their pics taken with him. Even the toughest,roughest looking guys were all smiles...it was actually quite funny to watch..:D

I hope they arent going to stick Blade out for the pre-game stuff only, it would be such a loss to not have him walking around the sidelines. Just the sight of him always gets the crowd cheering.

dee13
15-03-08, 03:03 PM
Give Turbo time, The guy inside was nervous before the game but is really really keen to do a good job and to entertain the crowd. I think people will warm to him more as the season rolls on and once he is seen as a partner of Blades and not a replacement.

All the best
TITAN FOR LIFE
Dee

Steve
15-03-08, 03:10 PM
. I think people will warm to him more as the season rolls on and once he is seen as a partner of Blades and not a replacement.

Well, if we'd seen Blade at all, maybe there wouldn't be that perception. :(

Did they only get 6 suggestions for the name too? Because come on... Turbo?

I didn't actually hear his name at the game, most people just thought he was a power ranger!

I'm sure once we see Turbo Ranger and Blade interacting on the field, he'll grow on us.

C-Whiz
15-03-08, 09:20 PM
Well, if we'd seen Blade at all, maybe there wouldn't be that perception. :(

Did they only get 6 suggestions for the name too? Because come on... Turbo?

I didn't actually hear his name at the game, most people just thought he was a power ranger!

I'm sure once we see Turbo Ranger and Blade interacting on the field, he'll grow on us.

Nice one Steve, Turbo Ranger! LOL :p

Agree with this though. BLADE is the kids favourite! BLADE is what the kids want to see.

Now, to be fair and honest, BLADE does struggle a bit with mobility, and it is good to have a character that can jump and dance..... but he is still meant to be tough and aggressive, right? Not some lame cartoon rip-off. If we have 2 mascots, I want one to be the original, loveable for the kiddies, and one to be an aggressive warrior who can smash the opposition mascots in any challenge they choose!

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 09:28 PM
Agree with this though. BLADE is the kids favourite! BLADE is what the kids want to see.

Now, to be fair and honest, BLADE does struggle a bit with mobility, and it is good to have a character that can jump and dance..... but he is still meant to be tough and aggressive, right? Not some lame cartoon rip-off. If we have 2 mascots, I want one to be the original, loveable for the kiddies, and one to be an aggressive warrior who can smash the opposition mascots in any challenge they choose!

I agree with you CWhiz and also with what Steve said, most people thought that Turbo was Blade's replacement so everyone's first reaction was WHERE IS BLADE?

I agree that it's good to have both types of mascots now and I think the new mascot looks fantastic.

bigjim
16-03-08, 01:27 AM
I must admit, when I first saw him enter and do all the dance steps, I thought he was auditioning for Chorus Line.
He did look a bit lost at times. Maybe with time he will develop his persona.
I certainly hope so.:?)

RichOs69
16-03-08, 10:57 AM
He looked like a cross between the blue power ranger and Marvin the Martian off buggs buny (i was wainting for him to pull out his illodium ray gun).
Instead of all that poxy blue lycra and cartoonish gettup they need to get one of the bouncer roid boys from surfers to dress up in the gear from the movie 300 (If they did a quick ad campaign around all the gyms on the goldy im sure they would get a likely candidate).

DIEHARD
16-03-08, 03:04 PM
I don't know I loved the movie 300, but all those shirtless Spartans really was a bit disturbing.

All the other clubs fans would dump so hard on us.

Paul
16-03-08, 04:06 PM
I

All the other clubs fans would dump so hard on us.

as opposed to a bloke in a gladiator outfit looking like he's auditioning for "so you think you can dance" ? ;) ;) :D

GCT_89
16-03-08, 05:13 PM
he needs to be more animated yet still be buff and struting his stuf round the field....... was at the broncos game today and buck? i think was keeping me laughing with his antics on the sidelines.......like pretending to get run over by the cart.....lol

i think most of the negative reaction to turbo was beacuase people thought he was a replacement......

TITAN PETE
16-03-08, 06:10 PM
He was very Childish looking so maybe thats what management were looking for :?)

Nathalie
17-03-08, 07:46 PM
So Dee, tell me that Blade really ISN'T going anywhere? Because the article in the paper suggest that Turbo is the only mascot. Only because Blade wasn't mentioned at all :(

dee13
17-03-08, 08:04 PM
So Dee, tell me that Blade really ISN'T going anywhere? Because the article in the paper suggest that Turbo is the only mascot. Only because Blade wasn't mentioned at all :(

Its all good. trust me.