PDA

View Full Version : Legion Round 1: Titans vs Cowboys

DIEHARD
02-03-08, 02:49 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs North Queensland Cowboys

Skilled Park; Friday 14th March 7:30PM

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx13933.jpgvshttp://www.suppawters.com/images/nrl_cowboys.gif

Tickets: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANS08&searchId=d13c0cca-3eaf-44ca-8c0a-8abd8c739218)

DIEHARD
02-03-08, 02:54 AM
Let's start planning for Round 1 and build off the fantastic night we had last night.

All the tickets for The Legion section are sold.

Because it's a Friday it'll be hard to get to the stadium as early, but let's all try and get there as early as possible and meet in the first three rows.

Steve
02-03-08, 03:03 AM
I'll probably head down straight from work, I finish at 4, but fingers crossed I get an early mark. :D

Cowboy Titan
02-03-08, 02:08 PM
We're now down to single seats only available for the game - looking good for a sellout.

To all in the Legion, don't forget to wave to the friendly folk at the other end of the ground. We'll see who's the loudest.

Steve
02-03-08, 02:41 PM
We're now down to single seats only available for the game - looking good for a sellout.

To all in the Legion, don't forget to wave to the friendly folk at the other end of the ground. We'll see who's the loudest.

We'll try to be heard over the sound of your tramping feet, heading for the gates to "beat the traffic" with 20 to go. :D

Cowboy Titan
02-03-08, 03:22 PM
You'll never catch me leaving early. You're there to show respect and support for your team through good times and bad. I hate it when you see 'supposed' supporters bailing out early if their team is not winning.

Steve
02-03-08, 06:49 PM
You'll never catch me leaving early. You're there to show respect and support for your team through good times and bad. I hate it when you see 'supposed' supporters bailing out early if their team is not winning.

Saw plenty of black and orange beating the traffic yesterday!

Ever been to a game at Suncorp when the Broncos are being soundly beaten? The place empties at half time!

DIEHARD
02-03-08, 07:35 PM

I totally agree with that.

BringBackWillie
03-03-08, 05:27 PM
A few of the Southern Legion will be up for this game. Diehard - save us 6 seats please!

And can I bags practising on the drums???

C-Whiz
03-03-08, 08:40 PM
A few of the Southern Legion will be up for this game. Diehard - save us 6 seats please!

BYO drumsticks. DIEHARD's down to his last one.

Save me a seat DIEHARD. I'll be sneaking down at some time. :)

DIEHARD
04-03-08, 12:23 AM

Affirmative on both those. Looking forward to combining our Legions! :D

Are you bringing your banners? The ENTER THE TITANS banner would be so very appropriate! We need more banners in Section 30!

Save me a seat DIEHARD. I'll be sneaking down at some time. :)

I shall try, at worst you can sit on Steve's lap. One benefit of the games that don't sell out, at least there might be an odd seat for a visitor.

DIEHARD
06-03-08, 06:00 AM
Gates open at 5pm.

I'll be getting there then and I hope everyone else can get there as soon as they can, I know how hard it is because it's a Friday and people have work.

It'll be jam packed so we need to claim our seats asap and make sure we are all together.

Paul
06-03-08, 08:08 AM
I finish work at 5pm but I'll be going directly to Helensvale station and onto the train.

Steve
06-03-08, 08:42 AM
I'm going to have to leave work a bit early I think, but worst case scenario I arrive at quarter to 6.
Being a friday though... might be able to manage an hour early!

hugebrianfan
06-03-08, 09:35 AM
tough tough game..but the titans will win

Titan Dave
06-03-08, 07:44 PM
hey.. i will be there at 5... but im in the gold section.. in aisle 19.. 20m line..
Just saw on tv on gold coast news that simple plan are playing at skilled park... not sure if it was for the footy show or it will be part of the entertainment thats suppose to go for an hour or something before the game.. cant wait to see what happens:D

dee13
06-03-08, 09:38 PM
Well this is my 1000th post... Again.

I wanted my 1000th to be memorable so I will say that,

I satrted my Titans journey in the Legion and now that you guys are up close and on the fence, I am looking forward to spending some quality time in front of Bay 30 at our first home game. We will have some fun times there this year. If you see me coming, I want to see the swords crossed proudly above your heads.

TITAN FOR LIFE
Dee

BringBackWillie
09-03-08, 10:54 AM
Affirmative on both those. Looking forward to combining our Legions! :D

Are you bringing your banners? The ENTER THE TITANS banner would be so very appropriate! We need more banners in Section 30!

Yes indeed! Will bring both that banner and the T banner for whoever wants to help hold them up. We will also be armed with plenty of blue, gold and white confetti!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Timmy Titans
10-03-08, 08:36 PM
I'll make sure that i take some pictures of you guys so you know what you look like

And what improvements you need to make :p :p :p

dannyboi
11-03-08, 02:06 PM
Can we try to reserve the front couple of rows as best as possible?
Who ever comes early reserve a couple of seats each and so the first 10 people should be able to have enough saved for most of us late comers - i come straight from work at 5 but by time i get a bus out there. god - 6 maybe? I guess every other person will be in the same boat thats coming to the stadium hopefully.

Scared grandma and grandpa who won tickets on Gold FM will hog our first row :(

DIEHARD
11-03-08, 07:28 PM
I'll be there at 5. And Steve is going to try and get there early.

Boofhead
12-03-08, 07:45 PM
I got offered a Corporate Box seat for the first game and I pretty much had to take it up! :P

Anyone have a partner or friend they would like to take to the game? I have a spare Legion ticket.

Ill gladly give it off for a beer. ;)

DIEHARD
13-03-08, 04:10 PM
I got offered a Corporate Box seat for the first game and I pretty much had to take it up! :P

Anyone have a partner or friend they would like to take to the game? I have a spare Legion ticket.

Ill gladly give it off for a beer. ;)

Traitor!

Ok we'll write you a note just this once.

Let us know how it is, it should be amazing. But remember we want you back for Round 3! We need you!

DIEHARD
13-03-08, 04:11 PM
Calling all Legion Members,

The time has come. The Titans Legion will be officially unveiled to the world tomorrow evening and we call upon all of you to make Skilled Park the most uncomfortable venue for visiting teams to play.

The role of the Legion is to set the tone for all Titans supporters in the stadium?.be advised that there are many, many Cowboys supporters coming from up north and there are many that live on the Gold Coast who will be in attendance? they will make considerable noise and we charge you to repel this ? with interest.

This game is, in every sense of the word, a Blockbuster, and as the Legion is an unreserved section of the Stadium we strongly recommend that you arrive as close to the gates open time of 5pm as you can so as to secure all of your seats in the fist few rows of this section to ensure we get the impact we are aiming for

The time for talk is over ? it?s time for action?.make the Legion the most revered supporters club in Australian sports.

Your General,

Matt Peterson

Kind regards,

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Membership department

dannyboi
13-03-08, 05:22 PM
I'v told my boss I will get really sick at 4 pm and may have to go home early - so i should see everyone at 5pm depending if the bus service copes - i doubt it....

Any read the paper today? Translink can't handle more then 8000 people and hour. Who wants to wait three hours with me?

People's opinion on this please:

I am going to Bunning tonight get a small chain, put a banner type thing on with with hooks on either side. The banner will say Legion Season Members only - then string it accross the entire front section or at least part of it - what's everyones oppinion on this. Can we do it? Should we do it? Will we piss people off?

I'd hate to see a bunch of Cowboy supporters taking up the front row - how stupid would we look. Let me know ASAP please cause i'm about to go fork out the cash for this...

Steve
13-03-08, 05:57 PM
I like the idea, but it could cause some issues. We might be getting some regular loud and passionate fans without a season ticket coming along too.
We definitely don't want Cowboys fans down the front. As we saw in the trial, there's always going to be some opposition fans in our bay.

Cowboy Titan
13-03-08, 06:13 PM
I gave a couple of spare tickets in the Cowboys Supporters Bay to a friend. He tells me he's coming decked out in Titans gear so I offered to take a spare Cowboys jersey for when he wants to change his colours at half time. He didn't seem so keen on the idea.

I'll come and visit you all before the game but then we'll see who can make the most noise later on.

C-Whiz
14-03-08, 08:27 AM
As we saw in the trial, there's always going to be some opposition fans in our bay.

"opposition fans" is a very nice way of putting it, Steve. Other words come to mind, if we are talking about that Tigers guy. :rolleyes:

As far as oppostion fans go, they have their own bay, and if they choose to sit with the Legion, then like the Gladiators of old, they should be shown no mercy! Put them to the sword!

Chelle79
14-03-08, 09:38 AM
I gave a couple of spare tickets in the Cowboys Supporters Bay to a friend. He tells me he's coming decked out in Titans gear so I offered to take a spare Cowboys jersey for when he wants to change his colours at half time. He didn't seem so keen on the idea.

I'll come and visit you all before the game but then we'll see who can make the most noise later on.

David is Susan going?

If so tell her to come over also to say hi. Haven't seen her for a while.

I'll be sitting with the legion and be there around 6 - 6.30!

Cowboy Titan
14-03-08, 11:02 AM
David is Susan going?

If so tell her to come over also to say hi. Haven't seen her for a while.

I'll be sitting with the legion and be there around 6 - 6.30!

Hi Chelle. Susan will be there. We'll come for a walk into friendly enemy territory to say gidday.

dannyboi
14-03-08, 12:39 PM
Too late - i'm bringing chains - i got a banner wraped around it saying Titan supporters only - reserved section -

I'll take the blame if it goes pair shaped... Only needs to be up for long enough so every pne of us can reserve say 5 seats each for our regulars?

Oh exciting news - i'v found a way to make perfect banners with t-shirt transfers - just needs some tweaking to get it perfect. I'll show everyone when i get there.

I'l find out in 30 minutes if my mega phone has finally arrived from Hong Kong ebay, really hope it has cause it's been two weeks :(

Steve
14-03-08, 02:55 PM
Good luck with the megaphone!

That coupled with the drum will be good to get the crowd going.
I packed some earplugs just in case things get too loud in the house of boom. ;)

Just about an hour until I head to the train.
Exciting! :D

Chelle79
14-03-08, 05:14 PM
Hi Chelle. Susan will be there. We'll come for a walk into friendly enemy territory to say gidday.

Sounds good! Look forward to seeing you both again!

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 02:29 AM
Wow that was such an awesome night. I just got done watching the replay and its 1:30am. Loved every second of it!

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 03:00 AM
http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/14/29201.jpg

From the Bulletin Photo Gallery.

Boofhead
15-03-08, 04:17 AM
Awesome photo!

How flat did the Cowboy's look? What a stampeed our boys did on them.

Paul
15-03-08, 09:33 AM
I'm just wondering. If the stadium is say half full one game like it was against the tigers would I be able/allowed to come down and stand with you guys in the legion for a game or two? My season ticket in section 24 which has a great view but sometime I just wanna run down the front with you guys and make some noise

Timmy Titans
15-03-08, 10:03 AM
Even though i'm not a part of the legion i'm sure it would be alright with DIEHARD and co.

Cowboy Titan
15-03-08, 10:16 AM
I'm just wondering. If the stadium is say half full one game like it was against the tigers would I be able/allowed to come down and stand with you guys in the legion for a game or two? My season ticket in section 24 which has a great view but sometime I just wanna run down the front with you guys and make some noise
Just don't try it when it's a full house. I went down to visit last night and the security guy was quick to get me out of there. At least I got to meet Diehard & GCT89 briefly. Your helmets are awesome.

From the opposite end of the ground, I couldn't hear the Legion over all the other fans but the flag waving really stood out. It'd be great to have about 10 of Diehard's flags waving.

Tamwelg
15-03-08, 02:24 PM
Nice to catch up with DIEHARD, GCT, Steve and Bringbackwillie in the legion, Dannyboi not sure where you were maybe off for a beer :D and If I missed out any =one else I caught up with down there, sorry.

I also caught up with and had a few beers with Titan_Pete and Oz-Davo, as well as bumping into and having a quick chat with Cwiz. Awesome night all round.

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 02:49 PM
Nice to catch up with DIEHARD, GCT, Steve and Bringbackwillie in the legion, Dannyboi not sure where you were maybe off for a beer :D and If I missed out any =one else I caught up with down there, sorry.

I also caught up with and had a few beers with Titan_Pete and Oz-Davo, as well as bumping into and having a quick chat with Cwiz. Awesome night all round.

How great is this, it's the Titans family. And just imagine when we get a Leagues Club!

Steve
15-03-08, 05:17 PM
Some photos!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round1/legion.jpg

The legion cheering the boys onto the field, including a few of the Southern members who made the trip up!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round1/bringbackwillie-2.jpg

Bringbackwillie with her banner. :D

looking up a the legion bay!
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round1/legion-3.jpg

Unfortunately the majority of people sitting there had mis-read what the legion bay was all about, they thought it was the sit and golf clap politely bay.

Diehard's flag!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/greyko/titans/round1/legion-2.jpg

Which a lovely lady in the third row asked if my mummy had sewn for me. ;)

Paul
15-03-08, 06:37 PM
I wish I had read these forums before deciding which season ticket to get.It's so much fun standing with a group like you guys at the footy.

I'll certainly be joining the Legion next season

Timmy Titans
15-03-08, 08:08 PM
I thought that i could see a Cowboys flag in the legion down the front there

Or was it some sort of player banner

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 08:21 PM
I thought that i could see a Cowboys flag in the legion down the front there

Or was it some sort of player banner

Probably Sylve's Titans banner, its gold.

DIEHARD
15-03-08, 08:23 PM
I wish I had read these forums before deciding which season ticket to get.It's so much fun standing with a group like you guys at the footy.

That'll be fantastic Paul! We'd love to have you with us and the benefit is that you can bring as many friends and family as you want and still sit with them,

I can't imagine watching football any other way now and the best thing is I've made dozens of brand new great friends.

Steve
15-03-08, 08:24 PM
There was a cowboys flag just down from us too.
They were sprinkled throughout the Legion bay unfortunately. :(

Steve
15-03-08, 08:25 PM

That's awesome, and hopefully a few more make the same decision!
I know I heard a few people talking after the Tigers game saying they should have got Legion membership.
Should be bigger and better next year!

C-Whiz
16-03-08, 12:15 AM
That's awesome, and hopefully a few more make the same decision!
I know I heard a few people talking after the Tigers game saying they should have got Legion membership.
Should be bigger and better next year!

Like Paul is saying, it is a great place to be. I bought a ticket for the Tigers Trial game, and it was great fun. I snuck down there to say g'day and do a social run, but it was really packed out! Good to see Bring Back Willie again! Hiya! :) Love your banner, great photo. Could see it from our section. Missed it since Carrara.

Some great people down there. If I didn't have season tickets already I'd be spending more time down there. There is no doubt they are the engine room of the fan supporters base.

Chelle79
16-03-08, 10:43 PM
I will pop in and visit during the next game we ended up right up the back cuz we got there so late.

titanstattman
17-03-08, 01:53 PM
wat a great night i meat afew of the guys i cant wait for the next home game im off on monday going down for the away game.....

GCT_89
17-03-08, 01:57 PM
wat a great night i meat afew of the guys i cant wait for the next home game im off on monday going down for the away game.....

mate, you're as ruff as guts....it was nice to meet ya....hahahahaha ;)

love the tatt.........

hope to see you at SKILLED in THE LEGION all year..........

goldcoastitans
17-03-08, 02:06 PM
Hey everyone... and all the legion fans
i need a lil help with the crowd at the games, apparently when you go to a game you supposed to sit still and watch people try and motivate a croud.....I SAY BULLSH*T to that :) IF YOU HAVENT LOST UR VOICE BY THE END OF A GAME YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING IT AT HOME :)

for all those true loud supporter please let us know where you sit at the games cause there were 6 of us blue painted people trying to get the crowd going and everyone looked at us like we were crazy .....HELP US PLEASE we need the loudest crowd in NRL

pics of us below :) ....hope we entertained at least a few of you!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=746448&imageID=3883672&MyToken=05d2e7a4-29a6-47d2-9857-31dcc03a7a7f

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171395534&albumID=746448&imageID=14954294

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171395534&albumID=746448&imageID=14954295

Hope a few of you can join us in the chants in ROUND 3 and if you see us blue group say hi and introduce yourselves ...im the first T and always will be :)

Steve
17-03-08, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone... and all the legion fans
i need a lil help with the crowd at the games, apparently when you go to a game you supposed to sit still and watch people try and motivate a croud.....I SAY BULLSH*T to that :) IF YOU HAVENT LOST UR VOICE BY THE END OF A GAME YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING IT AT HOME :)

for all those true loud supporter please let us know where you sit at the games cause there were 6 of us blue painted people trying to get the crowd going and everyone looked at us like we were crazy .....HELP US PLEASE we need the loudest crowd in NRL

pics of us below :) ....hope we entertained at least a few of you!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhoto&albumID=746448&imageID=3883672&MyToken=05d2e7a4-29a6-47d2-9857-31dcc03a7a7f

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171395534&albumID=746448&imageID=14954294

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=171395534&albumID=746448&imageID=14954295

Hope a few of you can join us in the chants in ROUND 3 and if you see us blue group say hi and introduce yourselves ...im the first T and always will be :)

You can find us in Bay 30!
Although we had some of the same problems with a crowd who didn't want to do more than golf clap.

To quote the membership info...

When words cannot describe your passion ? just say ?I am a Legion Member?. There are many people like you so we?ve created a special section for you behind the goal posts at the Northern end. As a Legion member you will have the freedom of unreserved seats in a reserved section and your own Legion designed sword and helmet. So prepare for battle ? the team is looking forwardto doing you proud.

titanstattman
17-03-08, 04:18 PM
mate, you're as ruff as guts....it was nice to meet ya....hahahahaha ;)

Im not too sure wat u mean by that i hope its in a good way????? ;)

GCT_89
17-03-08, 07:25 PM
Im not too sure wat u mean by that i hope its in a good way????? ;)

yea mate in a good way for sure......see you in round 3............

DIEHARD
18-03-08, 10:54 AM
Steve just found a new picture of GCT 89 on the Bulletin Photo Galleries.

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/17/29691.jpg

Steve
18-03-08, 11:17 AM
There's also this one

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/17/29681.jpg

And this with the smurf who posted above. ;)

http://tools.goldcoast.com.au/admin/gallery_images/2008/03/17/29671.jpg

BringBackWillie
21-03-08, 11:22 AM
Great to join you guys! Had a great time in the Legion and great to catch up with many of you and meet others for the first time.

The flags and helmets look great! The more the merrier!!!!! The "smurfs" also looked great GoldCoastTitan - great job!

Look forward to joining you guys again on my next trip up which would prob be the Titans v Warriors match!