PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take the Gold Coast to produce a Qld SOO player?

girvie
22-09-05, 06:34 PM
One of the arguments of why the Gold Coast should be added to the competition is because Queensland need another team to help bring through Queensland players and to help the Queensland State of Origin team. This has turned into a joke. So far the only Queenslander signed is Nathan Friend.

How long before a Titans junior plays State of Origin for Queensland?

I think 2014.

DIEHARD
22-09-05, 06:38 PM
You are right girvie. At the moment the amount of Queenslanders signed by the Titans is dissapointing.

They didn't seem to show any interest in Ashley Harrison, who would have been a perfect captain.

Even if there are a lot of Blues in the final squad, I think young Queenslanders will begin to filter through. The Gold Coast is a fertile breeding ground for rugby league talent and it is fantastic that the youngsters finally have a pathway to the NRL.

The support of the Titans feeder clubs will also help the cause, with the Ipswich Jets, Tweed Heads Seagulls and Burleigh Bears all committing to being feeder clubs.

But please Titans, focus on Queenslanders. That is a major key to on field and off field success.

KingoftheGoldCoast
22-09-05, 07:50 PM
My prediction is 2010. 3 years should do it. Put it this way the Bunnies are only now starting to bring through there good juniors in Sutton and Champion and they came back in 2002. When they came back they had a crap admin and now that is set they are starting to reap the benefits.We won't have that problem as our admin will look after our juniors as a top priority.

Lennox Titan
22-09-05, 07:53 PM
But please Titans, focus on Queenslanders. That is a major key to on field and off field success.

They have signed a number of locals though and thats the main thing. Its also just to see them not rushing about and signed QLD players for the sake of it, have patience.

captaincharger
22-09-05, 07:57 PM
couldnt agree more lennox. give it time they have only signed 7 players all of which are quality players. that leaves plenty of room for qld players yet

footyfan09
22-09-05, 08:47 PM
i reckon they will produce one in the next 3 years

Stinger
22-09-05, 08:54 PM
Lets just hope we don't sign too many old buggers in the **** end of thier career

footyfan09
22-09-05, 09:09 PM
we havent really done that... Brian Carney is a bit suspect but i bet after next year he will shut down critics

coldhardbitch
22-09-05, 09:17 PM
Give them time

they have only started

Steve Dangerous
22-09-05, 09:17 PM
the signed players are really just a framework. once we get young unknown gold coasters coming through and making a name for themselves that's when the real excitement starts. just look at the cowboys and all the amazing players that have come from the local area and now pretty much define the team. same will happen for gold coast, just give it time to work it's magic.

footyfan09
22-09-05, 09:21 PM
the signed players are really just a framework. once we get young unknown gold coasters coming through and making a name for themselves that's when the real excitement starts. just look at the cowboys and all the amazing players that have come from the local area and now pretty much define the team. same will happen for gold coast, just give it time to work it's magic.

yeah we will get some exciting juniours