Interchange:
14. Aaron Cannings
15. Michael Hodgson
16. Josh Graham
17. Ben Jeffery
18. Michael Henderson

titanstattman
26-05-08, 10:49 AM
WEll here we are at rd 12 and its another away game since the sharks hav only won once at home im hoping that stays that way this week and the boys have a really great game away.

I think the titans will take alot out of sundays game and really step it up agaist the sharks this weekend.....

And hoping the titans fans will get right behide them down there......

GO TITANS!!!!!! :D :fist: :thumbsup:

GCT_89
26-05-08, 11:19 AM
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!

jks jks

should be a real test for us to hold onto the top spots on the ladder with storm and roosters.........

GO THE TITANS

titanstattman
26-05-08, 11:24 AM
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!
41 YEARS AND NOTHING!!

jks jks

should be a real test for us to hold onto the top spots on the ladder with storm and roosters.........

GO THE TITANS

:thumbsup: If only we all could be ther to do that i know i would start it no probs hehehe.

But i'll be here for the relay for life...

eelectrica
26-05-08, 07:54 PM
Starting to feel good about this game. Sharks attack looks as inept as ever and defensively they don't seem so great.
They've also get 24 hours less to recover from the battering the doggies are giving them.

Titans just need to improve ball security, and we know they can rattle on the points. Can certainly put more on the board than the Sharks can hope to ever score in one game.

Paul
26-05-08, 08:01 PM
I'm feeling slightly worried about this one

patskE
26-05-08, 11:24 PM
sharks had no backs lol
so much reshuffle b4 n during the game

DIEHARD
26-05-08, 11:35 PM
I'm sure Stuart will have the Sharks firing and firing up for the match against us.

And considering the history of our last match, a good lot of bad blood, this one is going to be a big one! :thumbsup:

We have to be ready for them, they'll rally.

patskE
27-05-08, 01:02 AM
we will miss conn defensive tbh, to match it with gallen

lonegull
27-05-08, 11:14 AM
i see where micheal henderson has withdrawn from the city/country q cup game, hopefully because of a call up to titans first grade this week with the sharks

craigyd
27-05-08, 01:04 PM
1.campbell
2.atkins
3.o'dwyer
4.delaney
5.bowen
6.rogers
7.prince
8.bailey
9.friend
10.meyers
11.lafranchi
12.mini
13.harrison

14.cannings
15.hodgson
16.graham
17.jeffrys
18.henderson

lonegull
27-05-08, 01:10 PM
gee jeffereys is a little hard done by to be on the bench has been safe all year, good to see henderson named on the bench

craigyd
27-05-08, 01:20 PM
gee jeffereys is a little hard done by to be on the bench has been safe all year, good to see henderson named on the bench

prob is a little hard done by but i think Bowen and Atkins are prob a bit more attacking players which is what we will need against Sharks.
Great for Hendo to be back,
:) Front rowers everywhere ,Hendo,Bailey,Meyers,Cannings,Hodgson

Ozdavo
27-05-08, 01:31 PM
Jeffrys ahead of Bowen IMO

kwigibo
27-05-08, 01:40 PM
Jeffrys ahead of Bowen IMO

Nah, Atkins to centre and O'dwyer benched, Jeffrey and Bowen on the wings. O'Dwyer has a judiciary hearing yet, doesn't he? I didn't see the tackle, nothing he'll get any time for I assume?

lonegull
27-05-08, 01:56 PM
Nah, Atkins to centre and O'dwyer benched, Jeffrey and Bowen on the wings. O'Dwyer has a judiciary hearing yet, doesn't he? I didn't see the tackle, nothing he'll get any time for I assume?

o'dywer wont have to even front the judiciary, should never have been put on report

Paul
27-05-08, 02:44 PM
gee jeffereys is a little hard done by to be on the bench has been safe all year,
I was just about to say the same thing when I read that team.Poor kid has done well,especially the last 3 or so weeks.No way he should be dropped imo

patskE
27-05-08, 03:50 PM
yeh i rkn atkins to center
with cannings, hodgeson/grahman, dwyer n henderson on the bench

tbh i didnt think jeffeys had a good game, jsut eveyrone thinks he went well due to that 40-20 save he did

eelectrica
27-05-08, 04:17 PM
Looks like a strong team Carty has named.
A lot of the guys have a lot to play for with the Origin teams being named a couple of days later.
Bailey, Prince, even Myers could be a chance with a strong game.

Sharks obviously will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing game last night, but the Titans have a point to prove as well. Should be another great game.

patskE
27-05-08, 05:06 PM
tbh for this game was just thinking about it
i rather odwyer in the center, i watched the bulldogs game n the sharks outside backs n 2nd rowers are big boys
ie anderson just burshign past millard for a try

dean
27-05-08, 05:31 PM
Strong side named this week. No complaints. Iv'e tried my hardest to understand why so many Titan supporters rave on about Jeffries performances.

IMO he is just NOT up to standard and every time he gets near the ball he is deadset heart attack material.

For mine he has been very disapointing and deserved to be dropped. Saved a 40/20 but not too much else to rave on about. Atkins and Bowen look much stronger

Wouldn't mind seeing Harrison back to 5/8, we looked a lot more organised with him there, Graham to lock and Rogers to the centres for Odwyer.

1 Presto
2 Atkins
3 Rogers
4 Delaney
5 Bowen

Plenty of speed and attacking flair there.

Hoppy2007Dragons
27-05-08, 05:47 PM
know its early but ive tipped the sharks, titans just looked flat and a little exhausted from playing such high intensity football latley, the match against the doggies took a lot out of the players and i imagine the tigers game has as well, the sharks will be firing after what was a disapointing display against the dogs, should be close.

Bailey also lacking match fitness as hes just getting back from injury, so i think the sharks forward pack can really dominate in what will be a fiery match. :)

patskE
27-05-08, 06:33 PM
yeh i wat rogers to center tbh
conn does the job at lock aswell

kwigibo
27-05-08, 08:20 PM
1 Presto
2 Atkins
3 Rogers
4 Delaney
5 Bowen

Plenty of speed and attacking flair there.

That's a very nice backline.

I'm still pining for Presto at 5/8th though...

TitansFan
27-05-08, 08:53 PM
I'm still pining for Presto at 5/8th though...

No way would I move Campbell from fullback at the moment. He and Prince are our 2 best players by a country mile. Why change their roles within the team now?

kwigibo
27-05-08, 09:13 PM
Why change their roles within the team now?

Well, you'd only be changing Preston, and giving him more to do isn't going to hurt the team as far as I can see.

Chaos
27-05-08, 09:29 PM
Good choice with Atkins on the wing, he shined first game and didn't disappoint on his second.

Bowen hasn't impressed me yet but I'd rather he get another go in front of Jefferies. I don't think Jefferies is suited on the wing...I don't know what his preferred position is but he won't make an NRL winger without bulking up.

Harrison's a lock and I think it is the wrong move to play him at 5/8.
I'm a fan of Conn but don't stuff our backline up by trying to squeeze both Conn and Harrison in the run on side. The bench players are an important part of today's NRL teams, they can both still make the 17.

Supergoose
27-05-08, 10:38 PM
Jeffrey has been solid all year but he did have a shocker against the Tigers. We are putting a formidable side on the park this weekend and if we can hold onto the ball we will win this one. Rogers was excellent at 5/8 for his first game in 4 weeks and Harrison caused problems from lock, especially when he ran wide.

It'll be interesting to see how the bench gets used especially if Jefferies drops off it. 3 props and a backrower? Probably start Meyers at prop and then bring him into the backrow later with Hodgson and Cannings to split time in that position and Henderson to give Bailey his 10 minutes of rest. That'll be interesting.

patskE
28-05-08, 12:00 AM
campbell has been great form us casue his at the back
he cant inject himself when he wants, n can hang around the play the ball
n wow those kick returns, no fear
he wouldnt have the same impact, he would still be good but less spark i rkn

hvnt been a an of jeffrey, just to small, but his a though little guy but, ill give him that

how is moving rogers back to center, keep harrison at 5/8 n conn to lock?
rogers was center last year, and was one of our best, it isnt extacly squeeing em in, when all players have proven they can play that possie, delaney has been great in attack, putting away his winger, but luke hasnt done anything, stronger defender, but u still wast to see a break or 2

goldcoastitans
28-05-08, 09:15 AM
im also worried about this game....i think they gonna want some major revenge!

TitansFan
28-05-08, 04:50 PM
Well, you'd only be changing Preston, and giving him more to do isn't going to hurt the team as far as I can see.

OK but giving him more to do means giving him a lot more defense to do, and that could only hurt his awesome current attacking form. I admit it would be an interesting move if Carty did it, but I don't think it will happen. A lot of teams in the NRL have their best attacking weapons at fullback. Moving a great fullback to 5/8 isn't a guarantee for greater success... just ask Mal Meninga...:?)

kwigibo
28-05-08, 06:07 PM
OK but giving him more to do means giving him a lot more defense to do, and that could only hurt his awesome current attacking form. I admit it would be an interesting move if Carty did it, but I don't think it will happen. A lot of teams in the NRL have their best attacking weapons at fullback. Moving a great fullback to 5/8 isn't a guarantee for greater success... just ask Mal Meninga...:?)

Preston has played most of his career in the halves, he won a premiership and a dally m there, I think he's capable.

DIEHARD
28-05-08, 06:16 PM
-> Atkins
-> Laffranchi

Means a much stronger line up, one I have faith that will topple the Sharks this weekend.

It's going to be an extraoridinary game! We have to make sure we go watch it somewhere after the Relay for Life. It'll be great to watch it with fellow Titans fans! :thumbsup: Hopefully we can channel some positive energy.

Hopefully Preston will have another blinder against his old old club. It's so pleasing to see him in such form for the blue, gold and white!

C-Whiz
28-05-08, 07:05 PM
Means a much stronger line up, one I have faith that will topple the Sharks this weekend.

It's going to be an extraoridinary game! We have to make sure we go watch it somewhere after the Relay for Life. It'll be great to watch it with fellow Titans fans! :thumbsup: Hopefully we can channel some positive energy.

Hopefully Preston will have another blinder against his old old club. It's so pleasing to see him in such form for the blue, gold and white!

I wish I had as much faith as you, my friend! I'll just stick with hope for now, and let the Titans convert me with a victory! :D Sounds like the Sharks will be fired up from what I've heard.

But yes, i think hitting somewhere to watch it together would be a fitting way to cap off the weekend. :thumbsup:

daveyk
28-05-08, 07:07 PM
i am playing at a venue n surfers on sunday nite... but not sure what time we are kicking it off, so dont know whether or not there will be any sound....

but i can assure you that the game will be on

Chaos
28-05-08, 08:19 PM
how is moving rogers back to center, keep harrison at 5/8 n conn to lock?

Harrison is a great lock and we can get away with him at 5/8 if we play lesser sides...Harrison doesn't have the creativity or flair to attack away from Prince...the top teams will focus on Prince and shut down our backline.

I'm a big fan of Conn but Laffranchi, Mini and Harrison make a very strong back row...lets use Conn off the bench because it's no coincidence the top 4 teams have the strongest bench each year.

curly_11
29-05-08, 01:57 PM
It was on the radio this morning that Rogers could miss the sharks clash with a rib injury. Not sure how certain he is likely to miss this week but doesnt sound good.

And for all those people who say put presto to 5/8 then whos going to play fullback? The only person i can think of is Walker because IMO Bowen is suited to the wing and is a shocker at the back and walker isnt the best in defence...needs to bulk up abit but o boy can he attack!!!!:D

goldcoastitans
29-05-08, 02:46 PM
Is it just me or is poor old Rogers our version of Benji??? very injury prone but when he plays he plays well ....

titanstattman
29-05-08, 02:59 PM

Wll as we are just over the water from the titans home we all can go there to the titans bar cuz its only like 5mins from the relay.......

Rogers out of sundays game with a rib injury so i say ash will be abck there in his place?????

eelectrica
29-05-08, 05:15 PM
Is it just me or is poor old Rogers our version of Benji??? very injury prone but when he plays he plays well ....
Yeah, very frustrating...
Thought 4 weeks off would have been enough. I guess accidents happen though.

daveyk
29-05-08, 05:18 PM
i really feel for matty on this one.. am sure he was biting at the bit to get back on the park after the break. and then for this to happen must be tough....

lets hope that he pulls up all okay and get to rip the sharkies some new gills on sunday

Chaos
29-05-08, 08:04 PM
It was on the radio this morning that Rogers could miss the sharks clash with a rib injury. Not sure how certain he is likely to miss this week but doesnt sound good.

Rogers out is a massive blow for the Titans...I was looking forward to see him play against the Sharks.

Maybe Harrison will move to 5/8 and Graham to lock.

patskE
31-05-08, 03:20 PM
wat does nyc start?
heading down 2morrow

Boofhead
01-06-08, 04:09 PM
Half Time
Titans 10
Sharks 8

50 Minutes
Sharks 18
Titans 14

55 Minutes
Sharks 24
Titans 14

70 Minutes
Sharks 30
Titans 14

Kick out on the full by Odwyer, Sharks get great possession and score.

Sharks have scored 3 times in the last 10 minutes.

Errors and Penalties are killing us.

Another kick out on the full and they score off the set.

Sounds like the worst second half we have had in 2008.

mb63
01-06-08, 04:32 PM
Titans are lucky they're playing a Storm outfit minus 9 players next week which will enable them to get back to the winners list.

Paul
01-06-08, 04:35 PM
Im having trouble watching this atm.Its about 40 million penalties to 0 in the 20th min

Not one decision has gone our way

No wonder we're copping a hiding at the back end of this game

Boofhead
01-06-08, 04:38 PM
Just a warning to everyone - the second half will be hard to watch. We scored in the first 5 minutes and we didn't look like scoring once the rest of the time.

:(

mb63
01-06-08, 04:45 PM
Im having trouble watching this atm.Its about 40 million penalties to 0 in the 20th min

Not one decision has gone our way

No wonder we're copping a hiding at the back end of this game
Is it possible the Titans aren't playing well?

Paul
01-06-08, 04:57 PM
Is it possible the Titans aren't playing well?

err,they are playing absolutely woeful & we got what we deserved (i.e nothing).I didn't say otherwise.It doesn't help having 100% of the decisions go against you in the first 1/4 of a match though,especially in those conditions.

But thanks for assuming...:rolleyes:

eelectrica
01-06-08, 04:59 PM
Just a warning to everyone - the second half will be hard to watch. We scored in the first 5 minutes and we didn't look like scoring once the rest of the time.

:(
Yeah, don't know what's happening with the Titans lately. When they control the ball they're almost unstoppable.
Don't know if the early season success got to their heads, but if they don't sharpen up soon the season will slip away which would be a crying shame.

GCT_07
01-06-08, 05:25 PM
Came home from work to watch the game....hmmmmm would have been better off staying behind and getting paperwork up to date.

I m starting to think this whole "away" thing is getting to them.

Maybe they just need us bunch of crazies following them.... thats the problem... they are missing us ;) :laugh:

patskE
01-06-08, 05:41 PM
wow was at a game
wat happen
last 10 misn n 1st 5 mins of 1st n 2nd half looked good
no one turned up really
campbell was great
we just looked dead
we need rogers in centers, n walker in the side to spark something
we jsut got nothing on attack if campbell or prince dont create something

wats the point of putting a kid on with 15 misn to go, jsut makes him feel like its up to him
start the give so he has the game to feel his way into it
walker looked good in the nyc aswell

Sydney Titans Fanatic
01-06-08, 05:51 PM
Crounulla were just to good today, with the wet weather.

There were around 7 southern legion people, and there were titans supporters scattered around toyota stadium

hope fully next round with melbourne with nearly 1/2 of their team out with state of origon, we will come up with the win after 2 losses.

Good luck titans next round aagainst melbourne

Who is going to go to the Rd 14 match at anz stadium against the rabbitohs, if you are i will see you there

Coaster
01-06-08, 05:51 PM
Absolutly disgrasfull.

Same mistakes from same players week after week. O'Dwyer is a dead set passenger, him and Minochello make the same bloody errors every week, and hold there spot.

It has nothing to do with weather we are playing at home or away, it has to do with players not listening to what they are being told becuase they believe there better then they really are.

The bulldogs game was the cattalist for this pathetic attitude from sub standard athletes, simple errors like not holding the ball correctly, and being behind the playmaker are simply not exceptable.

Im sick of seeing people trying to make a turd look like a sandwich, its time to start calling it the way it is.

Paul
01-06-08, 06:06 PM
We were always going to have a bad patch during the season.Hopefully today will be the end of it and we can get back to a winning formula against the weakened Storm side at skilled.

You don't go from being a top of the table side to a crappy team over a few losses.

One thing that confuses me is why can't our players play away from home? It amazes me the same bunch who turn on the flair and hard working ethics at Robina can't do the same away from the coast

Waz
01-06-08, 06:18 PM
Im sick of seeing people trying to make a turd look like a sandwich, its time to start calling it the way it is.

Amen brother. The last two games have been absolute dirt riddled with simple errors that a team that is top of the table shouldn't be making!:fist:

eelectrica
01-06-08, 06:37 PM
Hope Caty reads the riot act to a few players. It's hard to win when you keep turning the ball over.

patskE
01-06-08, 07:04 PM
maybe tonga in centre's with walker on the wing
with dwyer on the bench for grahman

karnage
01-06-08, 07:56 PM
Terrible performance.

Made a very, very ordinary attacking team look good.

Prince showed exactly why the QLD selectors didn't want him in the front line of the origin defence with some very ordinary defensive plays inside our 10m and his last tackle options, in the 2nd half in particular, were uncharacteristically poor. We may also face the prospect of being without him next weekend which will put our '1-man band' tag well and truly on the line.

Bull had the chance to push for a Blues jersey, and by his standards played a shocker - I am not sure he got over the advantage line once. He has a legitimate excuse though and I think we can all expect him to bounce back next week, the Blues couldn't pick him after that.

Agree with the poster who mentioned Minichello's handling. He is my favourite player but he is becoming unreliable when we ruck it out of our own half.

The bye was the worst thing that could possibly have happened to us.

On a positive note I thought Tonga's debut was very solid. I agree that he was put in a pretty regrettable situation but he made the most of it and was safe and strong.

The other positive is the look of our draw over the next month. We have Brisbane Norths (ie Melbourne Storm Reserve Grade) before another bye, followed by St George at home and then Rabbits away.

If we can get back to the form we showed before the first bye, and if we want to see ourselves as a legitimate top 4 team, then we really have to pick up 8 points in the next 4 rounds. Any less than 6 from the next 8 and we run the risk of finishing closer to 9th than 4th.

bigjim
01-06-08, 08:36 PM
i am sick and tired of this away from home crap. They are a better team than they give themselves credit for. Cut the mistakes out. Offside tackles, to long in the tackle, and head high. I am sick and tired off the stupid mistakes.

Start playing like like the champions you are.

kwigibo
01-06-08, 08:36 PM
We may also face the prospect of being without him next weekend which will put our '1-man band' tag well and truly on the line.

Was he injured?

patskE
01-06-08, 08:41 PM
might get picked for qld
but read he might of played himself out of it

eelectrica
01-06-08, 08:42 PM
Was he injured?

No, but it looks like he might get picked for QLD afterall.

If so what's Josh Lewis doing these days?
1. Bowen/Presto
2. Jeffrey
3. Odwyer
4. Delaney
5. Atkins/Tonga
6. Rogers
7. Presto/Lewis

eelectrica
01-06-08, 08:45 PM
might get picked for qld
but read he might of played himself out of it

Aagghh! Surely not.
Ok his defence could have been better at times, but he's still magic inside the opposition 20. We were barely up there because of other mistakes.
I also think he tried too hard at times today, but surely they won't use that against him.

patskE
01-06-08, 08:49 PM
think it was in foxsports
ummm prob atkins to start next week for jeffey but on other side, i think atkins was on that side b4 he got injuryed and had a good combo with delaney, time for odwyer to get benched but
but serious, its time to give a young kid a go, we didnt last year
so walker on the wing
lewis into the side

bigjim
01-06-08, 08:53 PM
The Titans are the same team at home as they are away.
I wish they would realize that.
Stop buying into this away from home bull****.

Your only on a plane for one hour. Give me a break. Get wise to yourselves.

Paul
01-06-08, 08:57 PM
Jeez one average game all season and you guys think he played himself out of his chance. Thurston has been rubbish all season(for his high standards) and Lockyer has hardly played at all.

This all seems to be a bit of an OTT reaction to a couple of below par games by our boys.It's not all doom & gloom,it's merely a small form slump by the titans and lets remember we've had a number of forced personel changes lately with injury/suspensions

Let's not all be negative,the boys have been fantastic this season and will need us to stay positive especially next week at Robina

patskE
01-06-08, 09:01 PM
ummmm wat u going on about paul, i said i read it somewhere...

Prince suffers form slump

June 01, 2008

GOLD Coast playmaker Scott Prince may have played himself out of a Queensland Origin jumper after producing his worst performance of the year on the eve of game two selection.

Renowned for his precision timing, Prince put in a shocker as the Titans continued their road woes with a 30-14 loss to Cronulla at Toyota Stadium to leave his Origin II hopes up in the air.

His poor game just added to the headaches for Maroons selectors, who thought all their Christmas's had come at once when skipper Darren Lockyer made an earlier than expected return from a knee injury to star for Brisbane on Friday night.

But with possible suspensions hanging over the head of Broncos centre Justin Hodges and backrower Sam Thaiday, the Queensland hierarchy have a nervous wait to learn who's available for selection.

Hodges' brain explosion - when he lifted Parramatta hooker Mark Riddell and tipped him onto is head on Friday night - will almost certainly rule him out of Origin II, while Prince's lacklustre display may cost him what would have been a likely bench spot.
Prince denied the pressure of Origin selection had played on his mind.

“I was pretty dirty with the way I played,'' he said.

“I just thought my commitment to the game wasn't there, it probably showed.

“They've been talking that (his Origin chances) up all the last three weeks. That wasn't an issue, it was just the way I played, I was just disappointed.''

Titans teammate and possible NSW prop Luke Bailey called on selectors to look beyond the one poor performance and instead focus on the scintillating form that saw Prince hold the mantle as the game's best player over the opening three months of the competition.

“His form deserves selection, he can't do much behind a team that's getting dominated,'' Bailey said of Prince's poor performance against the Sharks.

“He should get selected on the previous ten weeks and the 52 weeks before that.''

“Everyone's down in the dumps and we all know we should have won - they were there to be beaten.''

NSW selectors have their own issues with Mark Gasnier in extreme doubt with a hamstring injury and winger Jarryd Hayne facing a charge from the match review committee following an incident eerily similar to that of Hodges' clanger.

While Gasnier claims he could be right to play in Brisbane on June 11, the list of contenders to replace him took a twist today with Cronulla centre Ben Pomeroy putting his hand up with a strong two-try display.

Jamie Lyon was thought to be the front-runner should Gasnier be ruled out, but there is a belief selectors may not be keen to go back to the Sea Eagles three-quarter after he failed to impress in last year's series.

Pomeroy, who has represented City the last two seasons, said he hadn't given a NSW jumper any thought.

“I've just been worried about playing well for the Sharks really, I've got to get a lot of things right here before you can play Origin,'' Pomeroy said.

“It's pretty hard, you've got to sort of hope for injuries.

“They're talking up Jamie Lyon and Joel Monaghan - I don't worry about it too much.''

Hodges, Thaiday, and Hayne, along with the two men sent off on the weekend - North Queensland's Luke O'Donnell and Manly's Adam Cuthbertson - should find out by midday Monday whether they have a case to answer at the judiciary.

fox sports

eelectrica
01-06-08, 09:01 PM
The Titans are the same team at home as they are away.
I wish they would realize that.
Stop buying into this away from home bull****.

Your only on a plane for one hour. Give me a break. Get wise to yourselves.

True, but they were inches away from a possible 20-8 lead early in the 2nd half.
When Friend made the break just prior to half time, had the pass gone to Presto, that would have made 16-8. Then Try after HT makes it 20-8 and it's a different ball game...

But yeah, this away record thing has totally got into there heads and they have to get over it somehow.

eelectrica
01-06-08, 09:04 PM
Didn't think Thurston was that much better on Saturday night.
Queensland has to go with the hot hand and that surely is Prince...

Paul
01-06-08, 09:05 PM
ummmm wat u going on about paul, i said i read it somewhere...

My point still stands.The bloke has had ONE below average game all year. He's been better than Thurston and Locky all season so why would ONE game ruin his chances.It's just giving the ******** QLD selectors a poor excuse NOT to select him again

bigjim
01-06-08, 09:15 PM
True, but they were inches away from a possible 20-8 lead early in the 2nd half.
When Friend made the break just prior to half time, had the pass gone to Presto, that would have made 16-8. Then Try after HT makes it 20-8 and it's a different ball game...

But yeah, this away record thing has totally got into there heads and they have to get over it somehow.

Still, they didn't get the two points.

I watched the Sharks game. We were, by far the better skilled team, but didn't win.
What does that say. The Sharks pressured us out of the game. If we had absorbed the pressure a bit better, we might have won the game. The Titans have to learn how to to absorb pressure without sloppy play or stupid mistakes.
The better team doesn't always win the match.
The smartest team does.

bigjim
01-06-08, 09:28 PM
Look at the Storm. Not the best team on the paddock every week but they know how to absorb pressure. Absorb the pressure and wait for an opportunity.

The more you open yourself up for attack, you present an opportunity for the opposition to counter.

You must be mechanical in your approach.

Attack, but do not allow the opposition to benefit from that attack.

Keep it tight. Play the percentage.

eelectrica
01-06-08, 10:04 PM
Just took a quick look at the draw and their next road game is against Souths.
Won't get a better chance to win on the road for the 2nd time this year.

Next two games are crucial must win games. Storm because they're weakened and souths, well enough said.
After that it gets tough both home and away for the rest of the year.

Tamwelg
02-06-08, 08:53 AM
We were beaten in the forwards. All you have to do is look at the stats for meters gained, only 1 of the Titans managed to gain more then 100 meters compared to 6 Sharks players. The side look really disorganised and disjointed in the second half. Throw the errors and penalties in the mix and we were just crap.

TITAN PETE
02-06-08, 11:14 AM
Throw the errors and penalties in the mix and we were just crap.

Well said mate we were "Just Crap" :mad:

patskE
02-06-08, 09:30 PM
ma watching teh game, halfway during the match, laffanaci had the whitest shirt i had ever seen
he didnt get dirty, where was the running back to the post off a short ball from prince?

Supergoose
02-06-08, 09:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that Laffranchi changed his shirt at half time but I digress.

I agree with most of the sentiments above. Jeffrey and O'Dwyer have lost their way on the left and Minichiello, Harrison and to a lesser extent Delaney all seem to lose their handling when playing away from home. Meyers and Cannings were rubbish (Meyers probably played himself out of a Maroons bench spot!) and Graham just isn't a starter. Not sure where Cooper is - I know he was quiet in his last appearance but at least he brings something off the bench. Henderson can't get back quick enough IMO. I'd love to see some new faces in the backline but I don't think it should be Rogers - he has been good at 5/8. I haven't seen too much of the NYC side but Tonga looked like he had what it takes in attack from the centres and Walker needs an extended opportunity. If I was picking the side this week O'Dwyer would be back to the bench and I would start Cooper in the Centres with Walker outside him.

Chaos
02-06-08, 09:58 PM
I watched the game live and I couldn't believe how many penalties the Sharks received coming out of their own half.
Can somebody who watched it live confirm whether they were warranted or not?
When ever the Sharks were coming off their own line...we would joke about a penalty coming up and sure enough, they would kick their way down the field for another set of 6.
We predicted nearly every penalty...even the square up penalties given to the Titans after the game was out of reach.

Prince had a shocker and Pomeroy capitalised on his poor defense. Don't let the critics affect his Origin chances though...He's still been the best Half back in the past three years.

Sorry Coaster but the Titans don't play well in the wet...before the game Minichello was the only player taken aside to give extra catching practice and he still dropped the ball...I'd rest him in wet.

patskE
02-06-08, 10:13 PM
cooper bit slwo for a center
wouldnt mind seeing tonga n atkins on one side, with walker on the other
yeh grahman plays good when he dosn't start ahah
henderson to get a run next match i rkn